It's Oscar time, here come the propaganda movies.

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

It's Oscar time, here come the propaganda movies.

Postby Hannover » 1 decade 2 years ago (Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:22 pm)

As predictable as snow in winter here we have more evidence that it's largely a contrived fraud. What an idea .... make propaganda movies to convince the duped.

Facts don't require constant conditioning.

The absurd gas chambers are an easily debunked scientific impossibility, there are no mass graves as alleged. Read on.

- Hannover

Wed, Dec. 24, 2008
Nazi themes dominate holiday cinema season

By SANDY COHEN
http://www.miamiherald.com/entertainmen ... 25368.html

'Tis the season to gather, be grateful for what we have and share what we can. But for cinephiles, it's awards season, and that means dreary fare - particularly with a World War II or Holocaust focus. No fewer than six are set for release this holiday season.

In theaters now are "The Boy in the Striped Pajamas," which tells the story of a forbidden friendship between the son of a Nazi officer and a Jewish boy imprisoned in a concentration camp; "The Reader," which stars Kate Winslet as a former concentration-camp guard on trial years after the war; and "Adam Resurrected," which follows a Holocaust survivor (Jeff Goldblum) living in a mental institution.

"Valkyrie," which opens on Christmas day, stars Tom Cruise as a German officer who heads up a plan to kill Hitler. And two more Nazi-oriented films open on New Year's Eve: "Defiance" stars Daniel Craig and Liev Schreiber as brothers who battle the Nazis from a secret hideout in the woods, and "Good" features Viggo Mortensen as an academic and novelist reluctantly enticed into the SS fold after he's approached to write some mild propaganda for the Nazi party.

In a recent interview, Cruise joked: "Go kill Hitler on Christmas!"

So why, during what's supposed to be the cheeriest time of year, this abundance of stories from one of humanity's darkest hours?

"Much of it is awards-driven," said Paul Dergarabedian, president of Media By Numbers, which tracks box-office totals. "Downer movies come out this time of year as a reflection of the fact that people are vying for Oscars."

Indeed, Holocaust-themed holiday releases have fared well with academy voters for decades. "Sophie's Choice," a December release in 1982, earned five Oscar nominations and a win for star Meryl Streep. "Schindler's List" was nominated for 12 Oscars and won seven - including best picture - after its release in December of 1993. "The Pianist" opened two days after Christmas in 2002. It was nominated for seven Oscars and won three, including best actor for star Adrien Brody and best director for Roman Polanski.

"These movies take you on an emotional roller-coaster ride," Dergarabedian said. "They're powerful, moving, and Oscar loves that."

The Holocaust and World War II are rich landscapes for exploring moral issues and human costs, and such stories resonate with filmmakers and awards voters alike, said Steve Pond, author of the 2005 book "The Big Show: High Times and Dirty Dealings Backstage at the Academy Awards."

World War II-themed movies have been winning Oscars since the year after the war ended, Pond noted. In 1946, "The Best Years of Our Lives" won seven of the eight Oscars for which it was nominated, plus a special award given to supporting actor Harold Russell "for bringing hope and courage to his fellow veterans" by appearing in the film.

"The Holocaust is such an irredeemable monstrosity, you can't get more extreme or more evil than that," Pond said. "For a dramatist dealing in conflict, it's sort of an irresistible topic to be drawn to."

The current state of the world inspires continued interest in these themes, said Rabbi Marvin Hier, founder and dean of the Simon Wiesenthal Center.

"Here we are, 63 years after Auschwitz, and we can't open up a paper or read an article that doesn't involve another episode of man's inhumanity to man somewhere in the world: suicide bombings, Mumbai, Darfur," he said. "The Holocaust is a ripe subject for writers and directors to present on the screen issues that resonate even today as we cross into 2009."
If it can't happen as alleged, then it didn't.

Roscov

Postby Roscov » 1 decade 2 years ago (Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:28 pm)

Hannover wrote:As predictable as snow in winter here we have more evidence that it's largely a contrived fraud. What an idea .... make propaganda movies to convince the duped.

Facts don't require constant conditioning.

The gas chambers are an easily debunked scientific impossibility, there are no mass graves as alleged. Read on.

- Hannover

Not only that Hannover; there is a 'treat' for viewers of the BBC next week with an adpatation of Anne Frank's ballpoint miracle masterpiece. :lol:

Hektor
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hektor » 1 decade 2 years ago (Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:50 pm)

Valkyrie," which opens on Christmas day, stars Tom Cruise as a German officer who heads up a plan to kill Hitler. And two more Nazi-oriented films open on New Year's Eve: "Defiance" stars Daniel Craig and Liev Schreiber as brothers who battle the Nazis from a secret hideout in the woods, and "Good" features Viggo Mortensen as an academic and novelist reluctantly enticed into the SS fold after he's approached to write some mild propaganda for the Nazi party.

There is a good debate going on at the wikipedia article to that movie.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Defiance_(2008_film)

One should point out the many inaccuracies and ommissions concerning the movie.

StuDewan

Postby StuDewan » 1 decade 2 years ago (Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:52 pm)

"Valkyrie" destroys itself at 2 minutes from the beggining when Stauffenberg (Cruise) speaks about "the mass executions of jews"...

but I have to admit I was laughing at a scene where a nazi general speaks about Abraham... :lol:

Hektor
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hektor » 1 decade 2 years ago (Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:20 am)

I think that was the only reference in the movie to what they call the Holocaust today. That's kind of funny, since it wasn't mentioned by any of the other people in more knowledgeable positions Stauffenberg met later.

My last Posting doesn't show after I changed it:
Valkyrie," which opens on Christmas day, stars Tom Cruise as a German officer who heads up a plan to kill Hitler. And two more Nazi-oriented films open on New Year's Eve: "Defiance" stars Daniel Craig and Liev Schreiber as brothers who battle the Nazis from a secret hideout in the woods, and "Good" features Viggo Mortensen as an academic and novelist reluctantly enticed into the SS fold after he's approached to write some mild propaganda for the Nazi party.

BelzeBob

Postby BelzeBob » 1 decade 2 years ago (Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:54 am)

Two empty posts there, Hektor......?

J William
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby J William » 1 decade 2 years ago (Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:39 am)

Examples of the alleged mass graves![/quote]

Hektor
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hektor » 1 decade 2 years ago (Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:27 am)

BelzeBob wrote:Two empty posts there, Hektor......?

I also don't understand that. I guess it has to do with the url I inserted afterwards:

____

I think that was the only reference in the movie to what they call the Holocaust today. That's kind of funny, since it wasn't mentioned by any of the other people in more knowledgeable positions Stauffenberg met later.

My last Posting doesn't show after I changed it:

(copy text into url field)

BelzeBob

Postby BelzeBob » 1 decade 2 years ago (Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:16 am)

There are people who hail the German nazis as heroes. I am not one of them. But....I just can't watch one more "look at these evil white nazi bastards" movie. (Have you also noticed how often it is that the villain in Hollywood movies is a tall, white, blond, blue-eyed guy, nazi or not? Is there one movie where the villain is a Jew ?)

Typical Hollywood evil nazi guy:

Because I was interested in the topic, I sort of fast-forwarded through "Conspiracy" which was about the Wansee conference. I noticed two things:

1. The German nazis were (of course) portrayed at monsters. Monsters who even scared the living daylights out of the waiter/butler who broke a plate on the floor. Like they were just about to put him in the "gas oven".

2. When comparing with Wikipedia......things didn't add up. Not even Zionist-run Wikipedia could "prove" that any mass extermination was discussed at that conference.

I got hold of "Defiance". But after some minutes I just had to turn it off. Again it's "these evil white nazis" propaganda. I'm so tired of it. When are they gonna make a movie about Stalinist Russia? The Palestinian situation? The war crimes of the "good guys" (England/USA) (+Russia...?) in WWII? All the crimes that the Zionists have done?

A funny thing that they chose a typical "Aryan looking" actor for the Defiance movie though....

When it comes to WWII and Nazi Germany I must say I haven't seen a single movie I think is good (not only well made and entertaining, but also historically accurate).

Good luck trying to contribute anything to Wikipedia! Those guys are not exactly pro-free speech.

I'd love it if they'd make a movie about some guy refusing to give up his guns in the USA in the near future.... black guy, white guy, don't matter. But there's a police state growing there (UK even worse. Germany bad too.) and that would be great to see addressed in a new movie.

What is it they say? "History repeats itself."

"Valkyrie"? couldn't stomach watching it. I'm somewhat familiar with the history though. And I believe that Germany would maybe have been better off if that Baron guy had succeeded in his plan. (Even better: If Hess had succeeded in his.) It's an important historical point that there were many in the nazi hierarchy who strongly disagreed with Hitler's war tactics/politics.

My bottom line here: These countless Hollywood "anti-nazi" movies basically just serve to justify the Zionists and all their evil deeds + the "white guilt" and $ continuing to flow to Israel. And they irritate me in the way they portray those Germans as "monsters". Germany, and white Christian people in general, have paid and paid and paid for their mistakes/deeds/faults for half a century now.

What about those other guys? When will "Gulag I, II, III...." be released? When will "Escape from Eisenhower's death camp" come out? When will the big movie about Mao's massacre of millions of Chinese be out on DVD?

:o

Älghuvud

Postby Älghuvud » 1 decade 2 years ago (Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:01 pm)

BelzeBob wrote:Typical Hollywood evil nazi guy:

To me, Major Toht looks very sympathetic. Strange enough he has a strong resemblance to Dietrich Bonhoeffer who was executed in a concentration camp.

Hektor
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hektor » 1 decade 2 years ago (Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:14 pm)

BelzeBob wrote:...
2. When comparing with Wikipedia......things didn't add up. Not even Zionist-run Wikipedia could "prove" that any mass extermination was discussed at that conference.

I got hold of "Defiance". But after some minutes I just had to turn it off. Again it's "these evil white nazis" propaganda. I'm so tired of it. When are they gonna make a movie about Stalinist Russia? The Palestinian situation? The war crimes of the "good guys" (England/USA) (+Russia...?) in WWII? All the crimes that the Zionists have done?

A funny thing that they chose a typical "Aryan looking" actor for the Defiance movie though....

When it comes to WWII and Nazi Germany I must say I haven't seen a single movie I think is good (not only well made and entertaining, but also historically accurate).

Good luck trying to contribute anything to Wikipedia! Those guys are not exactly pro-free speech....
I'm familiar with the "tolerance" practiced by wikipedia "administrators". But one must know how to play the ball at wikipedia in order not to be thrown out There is also a difference between die German Wikipedia and the Englishspeaking ones. And if you look at the defiance discussion at wikipedia - There are quite a few people that managed to get a point or more to say.

BelzeBob

Postby BelzeBob » 1 decade 2 years ago (Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:15 pm)

Hektor

Great. Could you share your thoughts about "Defiance" on this thread? Just your "summary"...?

MrNobody
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby MrNobody » 1 decade 2 years ago (Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:32 pm)

BelzeBob wrote: It's an important historical point that there were many in the nazi hierarchy who strongly disagreed with Hitler's war tactics/politics.

Don't sugar coat it, Resistance only gathered after the failure of Operation Zitadelle & because Hitler started to micro manage the war & badly.

BelzeBob wrote:My bottom line here: These countless Hollywood "anti-nazi" movies basically just serve to justify the Zionists and all their evil deeds + the "white guilt" and $ continuing to flow to Israel. And they irritate me in the way they portray those Germans as "monsters". Germany, and white Christian people in general, have paid and paid and paid for their mistakes/deeds/faults for half a century now.

You're partially there, you need to understand that the Yoos are waging a cultural war against Caucasians, they have gone to great lengths to vilify White Men, Media is just their strongest tool, think of all the "Role Reversals" of Action Heroes in recent years, all females, like "Buffy the Vampire Slayer", Veronica Mars etc, the UK has it even worse with the Black Female taking over this role, where there are strong white male characters often their side kick/love interest is Black as in the new Dr Who, Rocket Man, 28 Days etc the BBC never show a traditional "white Couple" if they do it's dysfunctional, usually all the Black men have the White Women & White men are cast in Villainous roles or just single, Gay, Bi Sexual or of weak character.

Couple this with all the public apologies by Politicians ( pressured from special interest groups) over the "perceived" injustices of White Man like slavery & Colonialism & you'll begin to piece it all together.

I don't believe the Germans & or North Western European Caucasians in general will ever be forgiven for the alleged Holocaust, lay the blame where you will but I believe this stems from the twisted Judao Christian belief in the first commandment which states that :
"for I the LORD your God am a jealous God, punishing children for the iniquity of parents, to the third and fourth generation of those who reject me"

After all have you ever heard a single Statesman from any Nation from any period since WWII say that enough is enough for the German people?
Wir brauchen eine Bewegung, die Deutschland endlich aus der Kontrolle der Kräfte von Versailles und Jalta befreit, die uns schon ein ganzes Jahrhundert lang von einer Kastastrophe in die andere stürzt.

Helga Zepp-LaRouche.

kennewickman

Postby kennewickman » 1 decade 2 years ago (Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:35 pm)

It is our good luck that the Jews are overdoing the movie thing.
They are gradually loosing the attention of the younger generation and some others are gaining the same.

Out there, on the free net, there is an incredible sift taking place, let them make their retarded movies, they will eat the celluloid one beautiful day.
"Some events do take place but are not true: others are - although they never occurred".
(Schocken Books, New York 1982, S. VIII, Introduction.)
by Elie Wiesel

Hektor
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Re:

Postby Hektor » 6 years 3 months ago (Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:23 am)

StuDewan wrote:"Valkyrie" destroys itself at 2 minutes from the beggining when Stauffenberg (Cruise) speaks about "the mass executions of jews"...

but I have to admit I was laughing at a scene where a nazi general speaks about Abraham... :lol:

I noticed that, too.

I just wondered, did the conspirators like Stauffenberg believe let alone speak or express anything about "the Holocaust"?

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”