Jews outraged by Holocaust-denying bishop

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
ClaudiaRothenbach
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby ClaudiaRothenbach » 1 decade 10 months ago (Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:57 pm)

Yet another "case" for the German criminal justice.

By VICTOR L. SIMPSON

VATICAN CITY (AP) — The Vatican's relations with Jews risked a new crisis Friday after an excommunicated British bishop — reportedly in line for rehabilitation — said that historical evidence "is hugely against 6 million Jews having been deliberately gassed" during World War II.

Two Italian newspapers reported Thursday that Pope Benedict XVI planned to lift the excommunication of Richard Williamson and three other bishops punished for having been consecrated without papal consent 20 years ago by the late French conservative Archbishop Marcel Lefevbre.

The Vatican declined to comment on the reports, but Vatican spokesman the Rev. Federico Lombardi suggested Friday that such a decree would be made public soon.

Rome's chief rabbi asked the Vatican to halt the reported rehabilitation.

Rabbi Ricardo Di Segni said it is "inconceivable" the pope didn't know Williamson's views.

The International Jewish Committee for Interreligious Consulation also urged that the excommunications of all four — and especially Williamson — not be lifted, saying they were all opposed to pursuing relations with Jews, Protestants and Muslims.

Vatican-Jewish relations have been already strained by Jewish criticism of World War II Pope Pius XII, accused by some of not speaking out in a bid to head off the Holocaust. Israeli officials recently took offense when a senior cardinal said Gaza under the Israeli offensive seemed like a "big concentration camp."

Williamson made his comments in an interview with Swedish state TV while in Germany in November; the broadcast was aired Wednesday night.

He said the Nazis did not use gas chambers.

"I believe that the historical evidence ... is hugely against 6 million Jews having been deliberately gassed in gas chambers as a deliberate policy of Adolf Hitler," he said.

He cited what he called the "most serious" revisionists who he said had concluded that "between 200,000-300,000 perished in Nazi concentration camps, but not one of them by gassing in a gas chamber."

Vatican officials declined Friday to comment on his remarks.

Lefebvre rebelled against the Vatican's modernizing reforms of the 1960s, which included reaching out to other religions and replacing Latin with local languages at Mass.

Benedict has already made a concession to Lefebvre's traditionalist Society of St. Pius X in the hope of bringing it back into the Church by making the old Latin Mass more readily available. Lifting the excommunications would satisfy another key demand of the group.

Williamson's remarks could bring him legal problems in Germany. State prosecutors in Regensburg opened a preliminary investigation about whether he broke German laws against Holocaust denial.

Sweden bureau chief Karl Ritter contributed to this story from Stockholm.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hEDbuN1Tcg1h569AAFu4CJuV92KAD95T0I481

Here is the video:
http://www.gloria.tv/?video=pwfajpm2dzdfsciqqjog
"Everything has already been said, but not yet by everyone." - Karl Valentin

ClaudiaRothenbach
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby ClaudiaRothenbach » 1 decade 10 months ago (Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:38 am)

Bischop Richard Williamson's excommunication has been withdrawn today:

The excommunication of the bishops consecrated by His Grace Archbishop Marcel Lefebvre, on June 30, 1988, which had been declared by the Congregation for Bishops in a decree dated July 1, 1988, and which we had always contested, has been withdrawn by another decree mandated by Benedict XVI and issued by the same Congregation on January 21, 2009.

http://www.dici.org/accueil.php?loc=US
"Everything has already been said, but not yet by everyone." - Karl Valentin

Inquisitive
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Inquisitive » 1 decade 10 months ago (Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:32 am)

Thank you Claudia for the video link!

The Bishop: There's no historic evidence of gas chambers. He chooses his words carefully, thoughtfully and kindly.

The interviewer then says he's an anti-semite!

The equation:
History + proof = anti-semitism!

I gots it now!

Kiwichap
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Kiwichap » 1 decade 10 months ago (Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:29 pm)

A video is also available here:

http://www.tellingfilms.co.uk/gledhill.htm

With a couple of heart warming links.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/art ... AD95T0I481

http://uk.reuters.com/article/UKNews1/i ... 9920090124

The house of cards is falling.
There was no holocaust.

Tit 1:14 Not giving heed to Jewish fables, and commandments of men, that turn from the truth.

Kiwichap
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Kiwichap » 1 decade 10 months ago (Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:47 pm)

This is shapin up to be a good fight. I just luv it. I am definitely getting chips, dip & beer in for this one,

In one corner, we have the Jews. In the other corner, we have the Roman Catholic Church.

It's seems, whats upset everyone (hey, I'm not upset. I'm almost peeing my pants in excitement) is whether there were homicidal gas chambers or not. AND, the outcome to that question, decides if there was a holocaust or not.

Yeah. I'm all for it. No gas chambers = NO HOLOCAUST!

Listen to the big guns firing: For the Roman Catholic Church:

Ha ha ha. "Asked about Williamson's comments, chief Vatican spokesman Father Federico Lombardi said they were "totally extraneous" to the lifting of the excommunications. This act regards the lifting of the excommunications, period," Lombardi told reporters. It has nothing to do with the personal opinions of a person, which are open to criticism, but are not pertinent to this decree."

AMEN to that.

And for the Jews; their big gun: Gee whizz, I'll have to summarise what I got outta their argument. It went something like this...

"We're OUTRAGED, we're not interested in facts. We're just OUTRAGED!!!

Ha ha ha. Ya just gotta laugh.
There was no holocaust.

Tit 1:14 Not giving heed to Jewish fables, and commandments of men, that turn from the truth.

KostasL
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby KostasL » 1 decade 10 months ago (Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:13 am)

Kiwichap wrote:Listen to the big guns firing: For the Roman Catholic Church.

We've all seen the "Holocaustians" firing at the Roman Catholic Church. Too much for too long. This is just a single shot firing back.

But it was about time I think.
When you realize that the Holocaust is a LIE, then all of a sudden, ALL your questions, ALL bizarre and strange things, disappear, and ALL things make sense, at last.

MrNobody
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby MrNobody » 1 decade 10 months ago (Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:49 am)

Don't know how credible this "quote" is, however he seems to nail the problem of the both the Holocaust, it's use & the Catholic Church square on the head.

The quote can be found on the net making the rounds in various forums however it's also believed that these "apparent" anti-Semitic remarks have been attributed to Richard Williamson simply to slander the Traditionalist Society of St. Pius X

In 1989, Williamson delivered some speeches in Canada that caused some consternation, and got him investigated for possible hate crimes by the Royal Canadian Mounted Police. In Sherbrooke, Quebec, he said, "there was not one Jew killed in the gas chambers. It was all lies, lies, lies. The Jews created the Holocaust so we would prostrate ourselves on our knees before them and approve of their new State of Israel.... Jews made up the Holocaust, Protestants get their orders from the devil, and the Vatican has sold its soul to liberalism."

http://jloughnan.tripod.com/thejews.htm

I don't see the Vatican having the balls to challenge the Jews over the Holocaust Hoax.

Jews always get their way.
Wir brauchen eine Bewegung, die Deutschland endlich aus der Kontrolle der Kräfte von Versailles und Jalta befreit, die uns schon ein ganzes Jahrhundert lang von einer Kastastrophe in die andere stürzt.

Helga Zepp-LaRouche.

Lamprecht
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Lamprecht » 1 decade 10 months ago (Sun Jan 25, 2009 11:07 am)

You have to be curious - what would people do if they threw the pope in prison for this? :lol:
"There is a principal which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance -- that principal is contempt prior to investigation."
-- Herbert Spencer

Kiwichap
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Kiwichap » 1 decade 10 months ago (Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:06 pm)

Israel National News Reports:

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/129591

Pope Removes Ban on British Holocaust Denier Bishop

by David Shammah

(IsraelNN.com) In a move that many Jewish community officials said would cause relations between Jews and Catholics to further deteriorate, the Vatican on Saturday lifted an excommunication ban against Bishop Richard Williamson, one of four bishops who were banned in 1988 for taking on the office of bishop against the wishes of then-Pope John Paul II.

Williamson is a Holocaust denier, and has repeatedly said that the gas chambers did not exist and that no more than 300,000 Jews were killed during World War II, mostly of starvation. In addition, Williamson has declared that the Jews are plotting to take over the world, and that the U.S. and Israel were behind 9/11.

In an interview with Swedish television conducted last November but broadcast last week, Williamson said that he believed that there were “no gas chambers." “Between 200,000-300,000 perished in Nazi concentration camps, but not one of them by gassing in a gas chamber,” he said, adding, “I believe that the historical evidence is hugely against 6 million having been deliberately gassed in gas chambers as a deliberate policy of Adolf Hitler.”

Back to Middle Ages
Williamson has had a long history of Holocaust denial. In a 1989 sermon in Sherbrooke, Canada, Williamson said that "there was not one Jew killed in the gas chambers. It was all lies, lies, lies. The Jews created the Holocaust so we would prostrate ourselves on our knees before them and approve of their new State of Israel... Jews made up the Holocaust, Protestants get their orders from the devil, and the Vatican has sold its soul to liberalism." In dozens of sermons and letters, Richardson reiterated the same theme, adding that Hitler “liberated” Germany from the Jews.

Richardson advocates a return to the Middle Ages, with the Inquisition the preferred model of the Catholic relationship to Jews. “As Catholic faith goes up, so Jewish power goes down, while as Catholic faith goes down, so Jewish power goes up. In the Catholic Middle Ages, the Jews were relatively impotent to harm Christendom. But as Catholics have grown over the centuries weaker and weaker in the faith, especially since Vatican
II, so the Jews have come closer and closer to fulfilling their substitute-Messianic drive towards world dominion... When Spanish Catholics were truly Catholic, God granted them by 1492 to reconquer Spain from the Arabs, and then granted them to create a Catholic empire in the Americas.”

Jewish community officials have expressed serious concerns over the Pope's move. Rabbi Shmuel Ricardo Di Segni, the Chief Rabbi of Rome, told reporters that the rehabilitation of Williamson opens “a deep wound” in Catholic-Jewish relations.

The Anti-Defamation League, an anti-Semitism watchdog group, said that the reinstatement “could become a source of great tension between Catholics and Jews.” The umbrella group of Jewish communities in France called Williamson “a contemptible liar whose sole objective is to reawaken centuries-old hatred against the Jews.”

In a report, Reuters quoted Mordechai Lewy, Israel's ambassador to the Vatican, as saying that Israel “has no intention of interfering in the internal workings of the Catholic Church. However, the eagerness to bring a Holocaust denier back into the Church will cast a shadow on relations between Jews and the Catholic Church.”

A Vatican spokesman said that the lifting of the ban had nothing to do with Williamson's views. “It has nothing to do with the personal opinions of a person, which are open to criticism, but are not pertinent to this decree.”

------------

Some choice tidbits;

"Williamson is a Holocaust denier, and has repeatedly said that the gas chambers did not exist and that no more than 300,000 Jews were killed during World War II, mostly of starvation. In addition, Williamson has declared that the Jews are plotting to take over the world, and that the U.S. and Israel were behind 9/11."

I'm seriously thinking about becoming a Catholic.

"Richardson advocates a return to the Middle Ages, with the Inquisition the preferred model...

What we have going on in German Courts today is surely a return to the inquisition, and it aint the Catholics behind it.

2009 is shaping up nicely. It looks like we are in for a lot of argument, blood letting, stake burnings, witch dunkings, recanting, heroism and OUTRAGE.
There was no holocaust.

PRHL

Postby PRHL » 1 decade 10 months ago (Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:17 pm)

As a "sedevacantist" Roman-Catholic priest, I do not believe the lies neither about the Vatican sect nor about the Lefebvre sect (which is always part of the Vatican sect!).

However, the Williamson incident must be considered in its own right.

I published a short German press release in various media "Denial of gas chamber murders in the so-called conservative Catholicism".
Original title: Leugnung der Gaskammer-Morde im sog. "konservativen Katholizismus"
http://www.kreuz.net/bookentry.3681-page.html

The text stresses that
- revisionism is a normal activity for the church as the church stands for the truth and for justice;
- among sedevacantists, it is quite normal *not* to believe in gas chambers;
- the Williamson incident has nothing to do with the Church at all, but only with the Vatican sect.

Now, two of the media where I normally publish my press releases denied me the right to publish my text about Williamson. One of them wrote to me, he "suspected" me to deny the holocaust, and if this was my intention, my text could not be published.

Hello???
A "suspicion" about my "intentions" is enough to reject a text? You cannot even point out where and how in this text the "holocaust was denied", you are not even sure whether it is denied at all - but you reject a text nonetheless?

Is this "holocaust paranoia"?

MrNobody
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby MrNobody » 1 decade 10 months ago (Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:05 am)

PRHL wrote:
Now, two of the media where I normally publish my press releases denied me the right to publish my text about Williamson. One of them wrote to me, he "suspected" me to deny the holocaust, and if this was my intention, my text could not be published.

Hello???
A "suspicion" about my "intentions" is enough to reject a text? You cannot even point out where and how in this text the "holocaust was denied", you are not even sure whether it is denied at all - but you reject a text nonetheless?

Is this "holocaust paranoia"?

Welcome to the insane world Holocaustianity!

The local Media keep trotting out a plethora of Catholic Clergymen & Jewish Community Leaders to show their "disgust" with the Vatican's actions & it's no surprise that they are all parroting/peddling the same old line :
"It's an outrage that someone can deny the Holocaust since the Germans kept meticulous records about the Extermination of the Jews in Gas Chambers!"

I wish someone would put me out of my misery & show me these fabled records!
Wir brauchen eine Bewegung, die Deutschland endlich aus der Kontrolle der Kräfte von Versailles und Jalta befreit, die uns schon ein ganzes Jahrhundert lang von einer Kastastrophe in die andere stürzt.

Helga Zepp-LaRouche.

Inquisitive
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Inquisitive » 1 decade 10 months ago (Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:36 am)

Here's something interesting....

The only people with a full and undeniable right to decide the future of the Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial are the hundreds of thousands murdered in this concentration camp.

hundreds of thousands??????????????? not millions?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7827534.stm

MrNobody
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby MrNobody » 1 decade 10 months ago (Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:58 am)

Inquisitive wrote:Here's something interesting....

The only people with a full and undeniable right to decide the future of the Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial are the hundreds of thousands murdered in this concentration camp.

hundreds of thousands??????????????? not millions?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7827534.stm

Murdered??????????

Helga Zepp-LaRouche.

PRHL

Postby PRHL » 1 decade 10 months ago (Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:38 pm)

Auschwitz must remain the great mystery.

Here in Germany, you have several official numbers of Auschwitz victims that you are forced to believe.
You must believe that around 500.000 were killed (Fritjof Meyer).
And you must believe that more than than 3 millions were killed (Brandenburgischen Landeszentrale für politische Bildung - public institution for political education of the German state "Brandenburg").

One person (Paul Latussek) uttered that 930.000 were killed, so he was sentenced because of public incitement.

Because of these hard facts, Auschwitz must remain the great mystery. It cannot be explained, therefore it must not be explained.

Hektor
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hektor » 1 decade 10 months ago (Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:06 am)

ClaudiaRothenbach wrote:Yet another "case" for the German criminal justice.

By VICTOR L. SIMPSON

VATICAN CITY (AP) — The Vatican's relations with Jews risked a new crisis Friday after an excommunicated British bishop — reportedly in line for rehabilitation — said that historical evidence "is hugely against 6 million Jews having been deliberately gassed" during World War II.

He said the Nazis did not use gas chambers.

"I believe that the historical evidence ... is hugely against 6 million Jews having been deliberately gassed in gas chambers as a deliberate policy of Adolf Hitler," he said.

He cited what he called the "most serious" revisionists who he said had concluded that "between 200,000-300,000 perished in Nazi concentration camps, but not one of them by gassing in a gas chamber."
Williamson's remarks could bring him legal problems in Germany. State prosecutors in Regensburg opened a preliminary investigation about whether he broke German laws against Holocaust denial.

Sweden bureau chief Karl Ritter contributed to this story from Stockholm.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hEDbuN1Tcg1h569AAFu4CJuV92KAD95T0I481

Here is the video:
http://www.gloria.tv/?video=pwfajpm2dzdfsciqqjog

More info around the affair and Bishop Richard Williamson

Blog entry on Williamson:
http://thesensiblebond.blogspot.com/200 ... amson.html

Facebook entry:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bishop-Ri ... 6559?ref=s

Blog with statement of Schmidberger:
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Note of the District Superior for Germany of the SSPX

As District Superior of the Society [of Saint Pius X] in Germany, I am very troubled by the words pronounced by Bishop Williamson here in this country.

The banalization of the genocide of the Jews by the Nazi regime and of its horror are unacceptable for us.

The persecution and murder of an incalculable number of Jews under the Third Reich touches us painfully and they also violate the Christian commandment of love for neighbor which does not distinguish ethnicities.

I must apologize for this behavior and dissociate myself from such a view.

Such dissociation is also necessary for us because the father of Archbishop Lefebvre died in a KZ [concentration camp] and because numerous Catholic priests lost their lives in Hitler's concentration camps.

Stuttgart, January 27, 2009

Father Franz Schmidberger

http://rorate-caeli.blogspot.com/

Perhaps PRHL can elaborate on this. I'm getting the impression Schmidberger is botching a bit to avoid being labeled a Holocaust denier (and potential prosecution in Germany).

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”