Bishop Williamson Apologizes for Holocaust Comments

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
Franc

Postby Franc » 1 decade 9 months ago (Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:48 am)

TIMELINE - (Reuters) -
Vatican says Holocaust-denying bishop's apology not enough
The Vatican said on Friday that an apology by a traditionalist bishop who denied the Holocaust fell short of meeting the Holy See's demand for a full and public recanting of his position.

The Vatican issued its statement a day after British Bishop Richard Williamson apologised for the pain his comments had caused.

Brussels - Germany could demand the extradition of British bishop Richard Williamson to try him for Holocaust denial, Berlin's justice minister said Friday. "In principle, the offence falls under the rules of the European Arrest Warrant. That means that Germany could indeed issue such a warrant," Justice Minister Brigitte Zypries told journalists in Brussels after a meeting with EU counterparts.

This is because an interview in which Williamson questioned the scale of the Holocaust, broadcast in Sweden, was recorded in Germany, giving the German courts jurisdiction, she said. The bishop is already under investigation in Germany for his comments.

Holocaust denial is a crime in Germany. It is not a specific crime in Britain, where laws limiting hate speech focus rather on instigation to hatred or violence.

If Germany were to issue an arrest warrant in his name, it would not automatically force the British government to extradite him, but would certainly force the authorities to take a very close look at the case.

(...)

Those comments were "unacceptable" and an "attack on reality," EU Justice Commissioner Jacques Barrot said on Friday.

But the EU does not yet have concerted rules in place which would allow for his prosecution, leaving the response in the hands of individual governments, he pointed out.

EU member states agreed a law criminalizing hate speech and incitement to violence in November, but "it is unfortunately too early to apply it, because it has not yet been written into national laws," Barrot said.

The justice ministers of the Czech Republic and Sweden - current and future holders of the EU's rotating presidency - said that any decision to prosecute Williamson for his comments would have to come from the courts in individual member states, not politicians.

That's all good for my petition still online :roll:
http://petitions.tigweb.org/FSSPX

Kiwichap
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Kiwichap » 1 decade 9 months ago (Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:53 am)

I don't go along with the Bishop's apologies. He is making a BIG mistake. He is slip sliding away.

The Bishop said the hoax was "lies, lies, lies". Why would a man apologize for the truth, no matter who it hurt? Folk living in lies need to be roughly shaken awake. It's called "tough love".

Lies enslave, Truth sets free. NO apologies are necessary!
There was no holocaust.

Tit 1:14 Not giving heed to Jewish fables, and commandments of men, that turn from the truth.

Hektor
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hektor » 1 decade 9 months ago (Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:05 am)

You should have made one simple statement for this petition, Franc.

I've read the whole text and I still don't get completely what you want us to petition for or against.

Franc

Postby Franc » 1 decade 9 months ago (Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:25 pm)

Hektor wrote:You should have made one simple statement for this petition, Franc.

I've read the whole text and I still don't get completely what you want us to petition for or against.

It is clear enough for Mr Hoffman :
http://revisionistreview.blogspot.com/2009/02/sign-petition-on-behalf-of-bishop.html

I am just the technical administrator. A French SSPX follower wanted a petition to protest against the silencing of Bp Williamson by Bp Fellay (SSPX's head). The petition also protests against the ambiguous expression "elder brothers in the faith" used by Bp Fellay.

This petition was hastily launched in the stream of events we know : excommunications lifted and Bp Williamson's interview.

Anyway, it is a petition on behalf of Bishop Williamson !

ASMarques
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby ASMarques » 1 decade 9 months ago (Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:32 pm)

Franc wrote:
TIMELINE - (Reuters) -
The Vatican said on Friday that an apology by a traditionalist bishop who denied the Holocaust fell short of meeting the Holy See's demand for a full and public recanting of his position.

The Vatican issued its statement a day after British Bishop Richard Williamson apologised for the pain his comments had caused.

This is interesting. Apparently the Catholic hypocrites, much like the Jews, couldn't care less about honest belief and sincere repentance, i.e. the truth.

You obviously cannot force someone to instantly believe, unless you send some sort of sudden revelation his way, much like God is alleged to have done when he made the crazy Jew fell off his donkey and bump his head on the road to Damascus, thus founding Christianity itself.

All you can do is to force the unbeliever to recite the credo, and that's what the pastor of souls in the Vatican is apparently hoping for... :notworthy:

Hey, how about a little strappado, followed by a bit of waterboarding, as in the good old days of the Holy Office's standard procedure?

Franc

Postby Franc » 1 decade 9 months ago (Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:21 pm)

ASMarques wrote:
Franc wrote:
TIMELINE - (Reuters) -

This is interesting. Apparently the Catholic hypocrites, much like the Jews, couldn't care less about honest belief and sincere repentance, i.e. the truth.

You obviously cannot force someone to instantly believe, unless you send some sort of sudden revelation his way, much like God is alleged to have done when he made the crazy Jew fell off his donkey and bump his head on the road to Damascus, thus founding Christianity itself.

All you can do is to force the unbeliever to recite the credo, and that's what the pastor of souls in the Vatican is apparently hoping for... :notworthy:

Hey, how about a little strappado, followed by a bit of waterboarding, as in the good old days of the Holy Office's standard procedure?

It is worse than you may think. I can't find in English this text of Carlo Mattogno :
http://civiumlibertas.blogspot.com/2009/01/carlo-mattogno-la-shoah-secondo.html
Someone should get it in English.
Father Lombardi is the Vatican's spokesman who declared today that Bp Williamson's apologies weren't sufficient.

PRHL

Postby PRHL » 1 decade 9 months ago (Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:13 pm)

friedrich braun wrote:Where's your evidence? Just because in your little circle Revisionist arguments are given a hearing that doesn't mean that all sedevacantists are Revisionists.

Note: Sometimes it can be quite useful to actually read what someone has written before criticizing it.
I only wrote: Among "sedevacantists", revisionism is generally accepted.

friedrich braun wrote:I doubt that sedevacantists have more Revisionists in their ranks than anybody else.

Note: It is clearly proven that the sect of "Vatican 2" is deeply influenced by the "synagogue of satan". Please remember e.g. the visits of "John Paul II." and "Benedict XVI." in a synagogue in Cologne. There are also numerous other, even better proofs.
So it is only logical that today's Vatican only defends the "holocaust dogma" while the true dogmas are denied.

Sedevacantists, however, feel no need whatsoever to follow any directions given by today's Vatican. That includes the H.-dogma.

friedrich braun wrote:I mean, we're talking about a little religious group and not trained historians or scientists.

Note: It is a difference whether you accept revisionism or are a revisionist (trained historian or scientist) yourself. Again, I only wrote: Among "sedevacantists", revisionism is generally accepted.

I understand that Williamson has a lot of sympathy among people who question the H.-dogma. After all, the irrational Lefebvre sect has really lots of followers (lemmings), while sedevacantists are extremely rare. In fact, the Lefebvre sect is part of the Vatican circus, while only few even know that sedevacantism exists.

But at the end of the day, truth will prevail, therefore it is better to also put the "Williamson case" in the rigth perspective.

Franc

Postby Franc » 1 decade 9 months ago (Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:57 pm)

Some Sedevacantists are brilliant but they are all a little mad :)

Don Curzio Nitoglia is a former sedevacantist who joined SSPX.

ASMarques
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby ASMarques » 1 decade 9 months ago (Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:38 pm)

Franc wrote:Some Sedevacantists are brilliant but they are all a little mad :)

Don Curzio Nitoglia is a former sedevacantist who joined SSPX.

Count me as an historical crucivacantist who is actually having a ball at the sectarian debates... :blah5: :error:

Judith

Postby Judith » 1 decade 9 months ago (Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:04 pm)

I listened to an audio interview with Michael Santomauro yesterday. Santomauro indicated that he has it from inside sources that BW will not be making any more direct statements about his historical opinions because he is not an historian. His strategy is to come at the issue from this perspective: “Why is it illegal to ask relevant questions, and to do ethical historical research in countries calling themselves democracies?” He will focus on waking people up to the fact of tyrannical control in the Western democracies of thought and speech that involves the Jews. I gather that there will be some strategically timed statements or conferences designed to bring people to an awareness and then to a sense of outrage about it. I hope this word is true because it is genius. I have been thinking for weeks that the Bishop should use his incredible notoriety for the common good.

As WWII history is not Catholic doctrine, and as he is free to hold opinions about it, he owes no restitution to God or to man, nor is there any obligation for him to “change his mind.” The Vatican’s insistence that he recant has no authority and cannot bind him. He certainly owes the Jews and the media nothing at all. The apologies to the Holy Father and to his Superior were good and came from the warmth and generosity of his heart.

Nonetheless, the less he says about the substance of the question, the better for him as a prelate. Let the historians do the necessary work of bringing forward the evidence. And indeed, that is where BW can be most effective. He can help the cause by using his fame and notoriety to inform the public about the existence of a horrid kind of sectarian totalitarianism in democratic countries. It’s a necessary part to play in the “wake-up the world” movement. As he has more fame, he is in a position to wield a tremendous influence over global thinking. Furthermore I would say that now is the time either to make a stand against the NWO or perish. Therefore I hope he pursues this, come what may. This is the work of God. This is the work of a Catholic prelate. It is the work of warning the sheep of the terrible dangers menacing them. Yes, he may not be able to travel and perform Confirmations for a long time, and this is a very sad reality. But who knows, he could be far more deadly to the enemies of Christ in his exile and infamy. Wouldn’t that be interesting to behold?

Second, if the report is correct, then BW was hanging out with revisionists well before the scandal broke. The report says that he was at David Irving’s party last October. That is one month before the interviews took place. Obviously this opinion of his had not been confined to the dustbin of fond recollections. Therefore when he says that he was speaking according to an opinion he formed twenty years ago, and that opinion was based on evidence available then, he is being very cagey. For he may have formed that opinion twenty years ago, but it seems very likely that he has kept up with the research or at least actively maintained the opinion over the years, as his presence at the party indicates. Furthermore, he alludes to the fact that he has rarely spoken this opinion in public since that time - I believe he was persecuted in Canada for opening his mouth there. The clear implication of that statement is not only that he has continuously held this opinion (evident in the words of his interview), but that even after this debacle the opinion has not been shaken.

Coupled with the news reports of his alliances with prominent revisionists, his latest declaration appears to suggest a man who just may, indeed, be planning to stay in the fight, albeit as discretely and shepherdly as possible. Superior General Bernard Fellay has declared to Der Spiegel that BW will be expelled from the SSPX if he continues to deny the "holocaust." Let's give Bishop Williamson, who has a lot of thinking and praying to do, the benefit of the doubt. And please stop holding him to a layman's standard. He's a prelate of the Church, and therefore must apply different principles of casuistry. He acts In Persona Christi.

I want to make a prediction. If he takes this course, and begins agitating for world outrage over the anti-revisionism / holocaust denial laws, he will quickly drop from public view, will stop getting press attention, will go down the black hole of 15-minute media history, and will ultimately get back to the work of Confirmations because they cannot withstand the light of day shining on them. They’ve already overplayed their card. They did not realize that this ugly fact about them would come out in America via this affair. The best revenge BW could effectuate is to shine more light on their dirty deeds, without saying another word about gas chambers. Indeed, this incident may put the passing of the American hate crimes bill well onto the back burner. What a good, then, for our country! So, if he implements this strategy, I predict we will see him treated the way he was treated before, calumniated but obscured, and therefore freer to move about.

God Bless you all.

Franc

Postby Franc » 1 decade 9 months ago (Sat Feb 28, 2009 1:14 pm)

ASMarques wrote:Count me as an historical crucivacantist who is actually having a ball at the sectarian debates... :blah5: :error:

I have a penance for you, if you agree :) :
I would like to have the text of the petition in Portuguese, in Spanish and in German. Could you help for one or more of these languages ?
We have already it in French, English and Italian.
Is there a German here ?

ASMarques
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby ASMarques » 1 decade 9 months ago (Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:16 pm)

Franc wrote:
ASMarques wrote:Count me as an historical crucivacantist who is actually having a ball at the sectarian debates... :blah5: :error:

I have a penance for you, if you agree :) :

No penance, thank you, for penance is but the first step to the Golgotha. I always retreat to the back of my barrel as soon as I hear the word, :downtown: though, of course, I'll join you in a fast little prayer: "I implore you, o goddess, hear me and help this stranger, at least for the sake of the chouette in his heart."

*sigh*
Last edited by ASMarques on Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ASMarques
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby ASMarques » 1 decade 9 months ago (Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:08 pm)

ASMarques wrote:"I implore you, oh goddess, hear me and help this stranger, at least for the sake of the chouette in his heart."

*sigh*

Wow! She really heard me. Here is what her bird dropped at my door (in Portuguese, of all languages), probably out of a sense of duty towards the evanescence of a fellow deity:

:angel9: wrote:+++ APOIO A MONSENHOR RICHARD WILLIAMSON +++

No dia 21 de Janeiro foi tornada pública uma entrevista de Mons. Richard Williamson concedida a uma cadeia de televisão sueca na qual se afirma em substância e em inglês que «não houve judeus mortos pelos alemães em câmaras de gás».

Como seria de esperar, certas autoridades do judaismo talmúdico rasgaram as suas vestes e romperam em ameaças.

Como seria de esperar, a imensa maioria da imprensa mundial rompeu em invectivas contra ele e contra Roma.

Como seria de esperar, muitos bispos de França professaram de novo a sua fé na religião da Shoa para condenar e lançar o anátema contra aquele que professa a religião do Gólgota.

Foi com muita inquietude que tomámos em seguida conhecimento de que o superior da FSSPX, Mons. Bernard Fellay, exigia de Mons. Richard Williamson o silêncio. Mons.Williamson não pode pois doravante defender a sua honra e a de Roma contra a matilha de cães lançada pelo Mundo contra ele.

É ainda com mais inquietude que tomamos conhecimento de que Mons. Fellay teria declarado que os judeus de hoje são «seus irmãos mais velhos na fé».

Como poderiam aqueles que renegam a fé dos seus patriarcas e dos seus profetas ser seus irmãos mais velhos na fé?

Católicos ou não, mas apegados à defesa da verdade histórica, e a que todos os bispos e padres da FSSPX continuem a defender integralmente a fé católica, exprimimos o nosso apoio a Mons. Williamson e rogamos a Mons. Bernard Fellay, em nome d'Aquele que é a Verdade e o sinal de contradição no Mundo, que levante a interdição que pesa sobre o seu confrade no episcopado.

Que Mons. Williamson não seja lançado às feras e abandonado sem defesa perante os inimigos interiores e exteriores da Igreja Católica!

CHRISTUS VINCIT + CHRISTUS REGNAT + CHRISTUS IMPERAT
Last edited by ASMarques on Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

ASMarques
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby ASMarques » 1 decade 9 months ago (Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:14 pm)

ASMarques wrote:Wow! She really heard me.

And she did it in Castilian [*] too!

:angel9: wrote:+++ APOYO A MONSEÑOR RICHARD WILLIAMSON +++

El 21 de enero fue publicada una entrevista que Mons. Richard Williamson concedió a una cadena sueca de televisión en la que afirmó en el fondo y en Inglés que «no hubo judíos muertos por los alemanes en cámaras de gas».

Como sería de esperar, algunas autoridades del judaísmo talmúdico rasgaron sus vestimentas y rompieron en amenazas.

Como sería de esperar, la gran mayoría de la prensa mundial rompió en invectivas contra él y contra Roma.

Como sería de esperar, muchos obispos de Francia profesaron de nuevo su fe en la religión de la Shoah para condenar y lanzar el anatema contra los que profesan la religión del Gólgota.

Fue con gran preocupación que supimos que el superior de la FSSPX, Mons. Bernard Fellay, exigia el silencio de Mons. Richard Williamson. Mons. Williamson, por lo tanto, no puede ahora defender su honor y el de de Roma en contra de la manada de perros lanzada por el Mundo contra él.

Fue con más preocupación aún que supimos que Mons. Fellay habría dicho que los judíos de hoy son «sus hermanos mayores en la fe».

¿Cómo podrían los que renegan la fe de sus patriarcas y sus profetas ser sus hermanos mayores en la fe?

Católicos o no, pero apegados a la defensa de la verdad histórica, y a que todos los obispos y sacerdotes de la FSSPX sigan defendiendo plenamente la fe católica, exprimimos nuestro apoyo a Mons. Williamson y rogamos a Mons. Bernard Fellay, en nombre de Aquel que es la Verdad y el signo de contradicción en el Mundo, que levante la prohibición que pesa sobre su confrade en el episcopado.

Que Mons. Williamson no sea hechado a los lobos y dejado sin defensa frente a los enemigos de dentro y de fuera de la Iglesia Católica!

CHRISTUS VINCIT + CHRISTUS REGNAT + CHRISTUS IMPERAT

[*] That's "Spanish" for the gringos.
Last edited by ASMarques on Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Radar
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Radar » 1 decade 9 months ago (Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:48 pm)

Judith, your thoughtful speculation about Bishop Williamson's possible future tactics were most interesting. I wonder if he is reading this site. You are right that it would be an excellent tactic for him to expose the anti-democratic practices of the Holocausters rather than get into debates about the details of the number of Jews lost or the existence of the gas chambers.

I am a bit disturbed at reports that he is attached at present only to David Irving. David is not a reliable revisionist. I hope that the good Bishop is listening to others too.

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”