Auschwitz Survivor Claims Elie Wiesel is an Impostor

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
Hektor
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hektor » 1 decade 1 year ago (Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:30 pm)

Miklos Gruner, 15, was deported from Hungary to Auschwitz-Birkenau in May 1944, with his mother, father as well as a younger and an elder brother. He says that his mother and his younger brother were immediately killed after their arrival in the camp. Then he, his elder brother and their father had an inmate number tattooed on their arms and were sent to perform hard work in a synthetic fuel factory linked to IG Farben where the father died six months later. After that, the elder brother was sent to Mauthausen and, as the young Miklos was then alone, two elder Jewish inmates who were also Hungarians and friends with his late father took him under their protection. These two protectors of the young Miklos were the Lazar and Abraham Wiesel brothers.

In the following months, Miklos Gruner and Lazar Wiesel became good friends. Lazar Wiesel was 31 years old in 1944. Miklos never forgot the number Lazar was tattooed with by the Nazis: A-7713. In January 1945, as the Russian army was coming, the inmates were transferred to Buchenwald. During the three months this transfer took, partly by foot, partly by train, more than half of the inmates died and amongst them was Abraham, the elder brother of Lazar Wiesel. In April 8, 1945, the US army liberated Buchenwald. Miklos and Lazar were amongst the survivors of the camp. As Miklos had tuberculosis, he was sent in a Swiss clinic and therefore was separated from Lazar. After recovering, Miklos emigrated to Australia while his elder brother, who also survived the war, established himself in Sweden.

Years later, in 1986, Miklos was contacted in Australia by a Swedish journal and was invited to come in Sweden in order to meet "an old friend" named Elie Wiesel... As Miklos answered that he doesn`t know anyone with this name, he was told Elie Wiesel was the same person Miklos knew in the Nazi camps under the name Lazar Wiesel and with the inmate number A-7713... Miklos still remembered that number and he was therefore convinced at that point that he was going to meet his old friend Lazar and happily accepted the invitation to fly to Sweden in December 14, 1986. Miklos recalls:

" I was very happy at the idea of meeting Lazar but when I got out of the plane, I was stunned to see a man I didn`t recognize at all, who didn`t even speak Hungarian and who was speaking English in a strong French accent... so, our meeting was over in about ten minutes. As a goodbye gift, the man gave me a book titled "Night" of which he claimed to be the author. I accepted the book I didn`t know at that time but told everyone there that this man was not the person he pretended to be!"

Miklos recalls that during this strange meeting, Elie Wiesel refused to show him the tattooed number on his arm, saying he didn`t want to exhibit his body. Miklos adds that Elie Wiesel showed his tattooed number afterward to an Israeli journalist who Miklos met and this journalist told Miklos that he didn`t have time to identify the number but... was certain it wasn`t a tattoo. Miklos says:

- After that meeting with Elie Wiesel, I did research everywhere I could for twenty years and found out that the man calling himself Elie Wiesel has never been in a Nazi camp since he doesn`t figure on any official list of detainees.

Miklos also found out that the book Elie Wiesel gave him in 1986 as something he has written himself was in fact written in Hungarian in 1955 by Miklos old friend Lazar Wiesel and published in Paris under the title "A Világ Hallgat", meaning approximately "The Silence of the World". The book was then shortened and rewritten in French as well as in English in order to be published under the author`s name Elie Wiesel in 1958, under the french title "La Nuit" and the English title "Night". Ten million copies of the book were sold in the world by Elie Wiesel who even received a Nobel prize for it in 1986 while -says Miklos- the real author Lazar Wiesel was mysteriously missing...

- Elie Wiesel never wanted to meet me again, says Miklos. He became very successful; he takes 25 thousand dollars for a 45 minutes speech on the Holocaust. I have officially reported to the FBI that Elie Wiesel is an impostor but had no answer. I have also complained to the Swedish Royal Academy of Sciences with no result. The American and the Swedish media which I tried to contact were indifferent. I have received anonymous calls telling me I could be shot if I don`t shut up but I am not afraid of death any more. I have deposited the whole dossier in four different countries and, if I died suddenly, they would be made public. The world must know that Elie Wiesel is an impostor and I am going to tell it, I am going to publish the truth in a book called "The Story of a Stolen Nobel Prize Identity".
http://www.henrymakow.com/translated_fr ... arian.html

Wikipedia claims that Elie Wiesel was born in 1928:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elie_Wiesel

PotPie
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby PotPie » 1 decade 1 year ago (Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:36 pm)

LOL... That's pretty cold on Elie's part. What chutzpah. Unfortunately not many former inmates who know of the lies and false claims aren't willing to speak up about it, either because they're part of it themselves or possibly because they're afraid of harassments if they do.

I'll add that this survivor's only "proof" that his family were gassed is that he never heard from them again. It's amazing how in a camp system known to be fraught with disease due to wartime burdens and supply line bombardments that you hear of so few people who think that their family members died of typhus or typhod but were instead GASSED. :roll:

Hektor
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hektor » 1 decade 1 year ago (Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:10 pm)

The last thing you said brings us back to the non-existent "Jewish missing persons" category. (If I recall it rightly, there where about 2 million German people declared missing after the war - possibly more.)

Jews declared being gassed in Auschwitz are a rather funny incidence. Since the claim has never been verified, just declared to be true. These would have to be missing first, and perhaps after some investigation they could be declared dead.

jheitwler

Postby jheitwler » 1 decade 1 year ago (Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:14 pm)

Hektor wrote:

Miklos Gruner, 15, was deported from Hungary to Auschwitz-Birkenau in May 1944, with his mother, father as well as a younger and an elder brother. He says that his mother and his younger brother were immediately killed after their arrival in the camp. Then he, his elder brother and their father had an inmate number tattooed on their arms and were sent to perform hard work in a synthetic fuel factory linked to IG Farben where the father died six months later. After that, the elder brother was sent to Mauthausen and, as the young Miklos was then alone, two elder Jewish inmates who were also Hungarians and friends with his late father took him under their protection. These two protectors of the young Miklos were the Lazar and Abraham Wiesel brothers.

In the following months, Miklos Gruner and Lazar Wiesel became good friends. Lazar Wiesel was 31 years old in 1944. Miklos never forgot the number Lazar was tattooed with by the Nazis: A-7713. In January 1945, as the Russian army was coming, the inmates were transferred to Buchenwald. During the three months this transfer took, partly by foot, partly by train, more than half of the inmates died and amongst them was Abraham, the elder brother of Lazar Wiesel. In April 8, 1945, the US army liberated Buchenwald. Miklos and Lazar were amongst the survivors of the camp. As Miklos had tuberculosis, he was sent in a Swiss clinic and therefore was separated from Lazar. After recovering, Miklos emigrated to Australia while his elder brother, who also survived the war, established himself in Sweden.

Years later, in 1986, Miklos was contacted in Australia by a Swedish journal and was invited to come in Sweden in order to meet "an old friend" named Elie Wiesel... As Miklos answered that he doesn`t know anyone with this name, he was told Elie Wiesel was the same person Miklos knew in the Nazi camps under the name Lazar Wiesel and with the inmate number A-7713... Miklos still remembered that number and he was therefore convinced at that point that he was going to meet his old friend Lazar and happily accepted the invitation to fly to Sweden in December 14, 1986. Miklos recalls:

" I was very happy at the idea of meeting Lazar but when I got out of the plane, I was stunned to see a man I didn`t recognize at all, who didn`t even speak Hungarian and who was speaking English in a strong French accent... so, our meeting was over in about ten minutes. As a goodbye gift, the man gave me a book titled "Night" of which he claimed to be the author. I accepted the book I didn`t know at that time but told everyone there that this man was not the person he pretended to be!"

Miklos recalls that during this strange meeting, Elie Wiesel refused to show him the tattooed number on his arm, saying he didn`t want to exhibit his body. Miklos adds that Elie Wiesel showed his tattooed number afterward to an Israeli journalist who Miklos met and this journalist told Miklos that he didn`t have time to identify the number but... was certain it wasn`t a tattoo. Miklos says:

- After that meeting with Elie Wiesel, I did research everywhere I could for twenty years and found out that the man calling himself Elie Wiesel has never been in a Nazi camp since he doesn`t figure on any official list of detainees.

Miklos also found out that the book Elie Wiesel gave him in 1986 as something he has written himself was in fact written in Hungarian in 1955 by Miklos old friend Lazar Wiesel and published in Paris under the title "A Világ Hallgat", meaning approximately "The Silence of the World". The book was then shortened and rewritten in French as well as in English in order to be published under the author`s name Elie Wiesel in 1958, under the french title "La Nuit" and the English title "Night". Ten million copies of the book were sold in the world by Elie Wiesel who even received a Nobel prize for it in 1986 while -says Miklos- the real author Lazar Wiesel was mysteriously missing...

- Elie Wiesel never wanted to meet me again, says Miklos. He became very successful; he takes 25 thousand dollars for a 45 minutes speech on the Holocaust. I have officially reported to the FBI that Elie Wiesel is an impostor but had no answer. I have also complained to the Swedish Royal Academy of Sciences with no result. The American and the Swedish media which I tried to contact were indifferent. I have received anonymous calls telling me I could be shot if I don`t shut up but I am not afraid of death any more. I have deposited the whole dossier in four different countries and, if I died suddenly, they would be made public. The world must know that Elie Wiesel is an impostor and I am going to tell it, I am going to publish the truth in a book called "The Story of a Stolen Nobel Prize Identity".

Wikipedia claims that Elie Wiesel was born in 1928:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elie_Wiesel

I'm no fan of Elie Wiesel but I'm not sure I buy into this imposter story. Why is this surfacing now?
"First of all there is the fact that if we assume the Holocaust to have happened more or less as told, all the evidence becomes intelligible, while if we assume it was a hoax, most of the evidence does not make any sense." - Robert Jan Van Pelt

theTRUTH
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby theTRUTH » 1 decade 1 year ago (Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:43 am)

Is this surfacing now because Holocaust organized crime bosses have decided Elie 'Whining' Wiesel has become a liability due the 'Poster-boys' continual snivelling and whining at international Holocaust photo-ops? So who could take his place? It has to be an alleged 'survivor' who's accuses everyone - Germans, Poles, Americans, Brits - of being complicit. But could anyone replace the 'Whining Wiesel'?
"Israel must invent dangers, and to do this it must adopt the methods of provocation..." Moshe Sharett, Israeli's Foreign Minister ('48-'54), & Prime Minister ('54-'56).

Inquisitive
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Inquisitive » 1 decade 1 year ago (Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:45 am)

This is an interesting development being "Night" is standard curriculum in many schools across the US for 7th and 8th grades.

Gee, kids, sorry! Found out this guy's story we've been forcing you to eat is LIES, we'll have to give you another liar until we're caught again?

Priceless.

jheitwler

Postby jheitwler » 1 decade 1 year ago (Fri Mar 06, 2009 5:45 pm)

theTRUTH wrote:Is this surfacing now because Holocaust organized crime bosses have decided Elie 'Whining' Wiesel has become a liability due the 'Poster-boys' continual snivelling and whining at international Holocaust photo-ops? So who could take his place? It has to be an alleged 'survivor' who's accuses everyone - Germans, Poles, Americans, Brits - of being complicit. But could anyone replace the 'Whining Wiesel'?

Weasal isn't a liability for the holocaust industry. Nobody could possibly replace him as the high priest of jewish suffering.

In a way, he's good for revisionists. He was a Jew sent to Auschwitz during the Hungarian Action, i.e., he was a member of a group whom the Nazis had targeted for complete extinction who was sent to the place where the Nazis had built death factories to carry out this complete extinction.

While he was there, he saw a pit of flaming babies (which nobody else seem to have witnessed) but he didn't see any gas chambers.

Although he was right in the middle of the factory of death, when his foot got infected, he was sent to the hospital instead of the gas chamber. His injury was so severe, the evil Nazi overlords allowed him to recuperate in the hospital instead of persuing their 'extermination through work' policy that we all know was in effect at this time.

Although his foot injury precluded any sort of productive labor, when the Soviets approached the camp, his foot was sufficiently healed for him to survive the 'death march' to Buchenwald.

There, at Buchenwald he was again so injured he couldn't do any productive labor until the camp was liberated. Right after liberation, he was recovered enough to look toward the future. Despite the tortures he and his homeboys had suffered, none of them thought of revenge against the Germans. A few of them slipped out of the camp and into nearby Weimar to steal food and other provisions and to rape women. But none of them sought revenge.

He sounds more like a whiner than a victim.
"First of all there is the fact that if we assume the Holocaust to have happened more or less as told, all the evidence becomes intelligible, while if we assume it was a hoax, most of the evidence does not make any sense." - Robert Jan Van Pelt

Vlad

Postby Vlad » 1 decade 1 year ago (Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:32 pm)

Hektor wrote:"I was very happy at the idea of meeting Lazar but when I got out of the plane, I was stunned to see a man I didn`t recognize at all, who didn`t even speak Hungarian and who was speaking English in a strong French accent...

That's nonsense. Wiesel does in fact speak Hungarian, see this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWt8ICajaD8&hl=de

holographic
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby holographic » 1 decade 1 year ago (Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:19 pm)

jheitwler wrote:
Hektor wrote:

I'm no fan of Elie Wiesel but I'm not sure I buy into this imposter story. Why is this surfacing now?

ah yes, an article from the infamous Henry Makow. the same Makow who allows NO INPUT FROM WHAT HE CALLS "HOLOCAUST MINIMIZERS".

I emailed him to see if he was now going to consider input from a "minimizer".

His response...?

"no...the book is real the author may be an impostor"

BRILLIANT huh!?!?!

Kiwichap
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Kiwichap » 1 decade 1 year ago (Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:32 pm)

Perhaps Gruner is peeved off with Eli because he, Gruner, is one of the duped.
Holocaust welfare fund leaves Hungarian survivors in the lurch
[...]
During its initial two years of operation, there were few applicants and the fund was able to meet their needs. In view of this, the maximum annual amount granted to applicants was increased from NIS 7,000 to NIS 12,000. But this year the number of monthly applications ballooned from 100 to 800, forcing the fund to decide this week not to process applications submitted after August 31. Karni and her fellow survivors have been left to cover outstanding expenses from their meager resources, and feel more than a little duped.

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1016260.html

"But this year [2008] the number of monthly applications ballooned from 100 to 800, forcing the fund to decide this week not to process applications submitted after August 31."

It seems 700 Jews just found out, last year, that there was a holocaust. Ya just gotta get those claims in. Ha ha ha.

This war profiteering is a good racket huh? It's 60 years later and there seems to be no end in sight for this slush bucket.

Doing the math: 12,000 Israeli shekels @ 0.236 USD = $2,800 US$ = $5,600 NZ dollars.

The money is intended to help survivors with rent payments to prevent eviction, medical treatments, dental care, hearing aids, medications, glasses, a second medical opinion and more.

$5,600 NZ$ dollars will get you a new pair of glasses, your teeth fixed up, and then some more. Some folk are on a good racket aren't they? I wonder if I can get compensation because Cromwell let the Jews back into England illegally, and they've been robbing me blind ever since.

Lets see now, Cromwell let the Jews back in 1657, illegally against the Royal Decree. Eternal banishment!

2009 - 1657 = 352yrs @ $5,600/year = $1,971,200. Yay!! I'm in the money. NOT!
There was no holocaust.

Tit 1:14 Not giving heed to Jewish fables, and commandments of men, that turn from the truth.

MrNobody
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby MrNobody » 1 decade 1 year ago (Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:16 am)

holographic wrote:
I emailed him to see if he was now going to consider input from a "minimizer".

His response...?

"no...the book is real the author may be an impostor"

BRILLIANT huh!?!?!

wtf?! :shock:

Some events do take place but are not true; others are, although they never occurred

What the hell is it with these people, does this sort of "logic" course through thy veins?
Wir brauchen eine Bewegung, die Deutschland endlich aus der Kontrolle der Kräfte von Versailles und Jalta befreit, die uns schon ein ganzes Jahrhundert lang von einer Kastastrophe in die andere stürzt.

Helga Zepp-LaRouche.

Drew J
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Re: Auschwitz Survivor Claims Elie Wiesel is an Impostor

Postby Drew J » 1 decade 5 months ago (Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:49 am)

I am bumping this topic up since there was a recent topic about Wiesel shooting his mouth off about what Hungary should be doing with its laws.

Elie Wiesel Stole Book & Identity Says Survivor
March 13, 2009
by Henry Makow Ph.D.

Nikolaus Gruner, 81, says Elie Wiesel's book "Night" is " 87% a word-for-word plagiarism" of a Yiddish book by Gruner's friend Lazar Wiesel published in Paris in 1956 entitled "... Un di velt hot geshvign," ("The Silence of the World.")

In 1944, Lazar Wiesel, 31, befriended the 15-year- old Gruner in Auschwitz and saved his life more than once. Gruner is in the bottom left-hand corner of the famous Buchenwald photo. Now Gruner is outing Elie Wiesel who he claims stole his friend's identity and work.

"What have they done to my friend Lazar?" Gruner asks. "I want to say kaddish. Where is his grave? Only this man knows. "

Elie Wiesel claims to have authored "Un di velt hot geshvign," in Yiddish and published it in Buenos Aires in Dec. 1955. In 1958 he published a French edition paring the original down from 800 pages. In the Preface to a new edition, Wiesel confessed he had been able "to correct and revise a number of important details." In the first English translation he is said to be "almost fifteen," while in the new edition he is fifteen when he arrived at Auschwitz.

One French professor has remarked that "La Nuit" is totally different from anything else that Elie Wiesel has written" and speculates that Francois Mauriac wrote it.

Gruner has deposited copies of Lazar Wiesel's book in various archives. He says Elie Wiesel and his backers inserted atheist propaganda into the original: The idea that God has turned his back on the world and does not exist. "They used it to destroy the Jewish faith in God."

Gruner says Wiesel distorted some scenes to make them more heartbreaking. Elie Wiesel could not possibly have witnessed women and children being burned alive without this also happening to him.

Gruner resents that Wiesel and his backers have made millions off the holocaust while genuine survivors in old age have nothing to eat. (Wiesel charges $25,000 per lecture and has a tenured university position with a six-figure salary.)

Gruner is publishing a book entitled "Stolen Identity A-7713" in 16 languages and intends to use the proceeds to help his fellow survivors. After the war, Gruner went to Australia and became a successful painter and sculptor. He speaks English with an Australian accent. In 1962, he joined his sister in Sweden where he still lives. He did well manufacturing Hungarian sausages but was put out of business after he exposed Swedish complicity in the holocaust. He married and his wife passed away five years ago.

When Elie Wiesel won the Nobel Peace Prize in 1986, a Swedish newspaper Syd-Svenska Dagbladet contacted Gruner to vouch for Wiesel because both men were in the famous Buchenwald photo. "When I met him, I could see he was an impostor. He claimed to be Lazar but he was not Lazar. He would not show me his tattoo. He had a different birth date. He spoke English with a French accent. He didn't speak Hungarian."

In fact, the man identified as "Elie Wiesel" in the famous photograph is not Wiesel, nor is he Lazar who Gruner says wasn't in the photo. When the Swedish newspaper realized Elie Wiesel was an impostor, they dropped the story like a hot potato, Gruner says.

Gruner began a 20-year research search for his friend traveling throughout Europe and America. He says he found no proof that Elie Wiesel was in any concentration camp. But he did find the book written by his friend Lazar.

"Believe me, I wouldn't try to knock someone of this stature off his pedestal if I weren't 100% sure," Gruner says. "I'm not that kind of person."

Gruner emphasizes that while Wiesel is an impostor, the Holocaust did happen. Lazar Wiesel's original book is authentic. Gruner witnessed events described in it.

Gruner was in Auschwitz (Monowitz) from April 1944 to March 1945. He said four "transports" (cattle trains) carrying 6000 people arrived everyday. The platform had to be cleared in four hours. Roughly half the people -- those who could not work, women, children, the elderly and sick -- were separated and gassed. Gruner lost his mother and younger brother and sister in this way. The SS told the inmates that this was their fate if they didn't work. They said the fires were consuming "the rubbish from the trains" -- his family.

"The only way you will leave here is through a chimney," the SS told the workers who could smell the putrid smoke from their work camp six km away. Gruner weighed 60 lbs on liberation.

"Put me in a room with Bishop Williamson," Gruner says. "I'll teach him a thing or two. Auschwitz was no sanatorium."

Gruner sees the need for a Jewish state. "We need to have our own country," he says. His main beef is that Jewish Reparations Commissions and people like Elie Wiesel are getting rich, while the real survivors are starving in old age. He also wants to do justice to his good friend, Lazar Wiesel.

---
Related: The Original article in Hungarian Newspaper

and Atlanta French Professor says Wiesel is a Con Man

sziszlow

Re:

Postby sziszlow » 1 decade 5 months ago (Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:39 pm)

Hektor wrote:The last thing you said brings us back to the non-existent "Jewish missing persons" category. (If I recall it rightly, there where about 2 million German people declared missing after the war - possibly more.)

Jews declared being gassed in Auschwitz are a rather funny incidence. Since the claim has never been verified, just declared to be true. These would have to be missing first, and perhaps after some investigation they could be declared dead.

Hektor this is my first post on forum but I have followed it for some time.

I am of the first generation after the war, and my people emigrated from Ukraine/ Belarus part of Europe (I use that description because the borders were pretty rubbery depending on which European superpower had claim to it back then). My godmother was German and my godfather a Ukraine married to a German, in fact many of the small group of my fathers Ukrainian friends had German brides. My father also had German friends that did not marry or settle down but travelled to work in remote places and I would only see these "uncles" every year or so when they came to stay with us. My father had friends who had immigrated to South America and we often received photos of marriages and christenings and so forth.

The war years and what these people did during those years were never discussed between themselves or in front of family while in my presence. The only political discussion was anti Soviet and a hate ran through all these families of the Russians, but there was always a single negative comment about Jews if the subject entered the conversation. This is a hind sight observation and at the time no other anti semantic rhetoric was ever used. With the death of one of these old guys the history of what he got up to from 41 to 45 came to light and the family turned a blind eye to it, except me.

I do not have any first hand survivor testimony, but I have first hand testimony, of home grown, local lads who watched the Einsatz and Police units march into their towns and villages, joined local police and militia units and helped carry out the destruction of the Jews. From roundups to the killing fields these guys saw it all. Later many of them were moved to the camp systems in Poland, and some got there via being POW's and were offered a way out by becoming wachmen.

Given my gene pool, and carrying a philosophy that history is a done deal, I take into consideration that human civilizations have chased each other for the mantle of the most atrocious deed we can visit on our fellow man, I judge no one. I am an understanding listener and because of these things I literally have been the audience to death bed testimony from more than a few who are left from my fathers group of friends. I know what happened, I know what they did when they went to work, I know what they did in their off time, I know about the alcohol fuelled pogroms in the East and Baltic States, I know about their interaction with the SS staff at camp, I know how they survived to get out of Europe. This knowledge received as I received it coupled with my fist hand background leaves me in no doubt as to the truth of what I have been told, but that is no good to anyone other than me as these guys do not speak up for obvious reasons. They feared the reprisal of the Jews every day of their lives and I could see it reflected in all of them, even the gregarious ones.

So revision to me is about semantics, and the thing that astounds me is that the Zionist do not have to add volume to the facts as I know them. I hope to learn and add to this fascinating subject matter that is close to me in more ways than one. I am at one degree of separation; there must be others out there.

PotPie
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Re: Auschwitz Survivor Claims Elie Wiesel is an Impostor

Postby PotPie » 1 decade 5 months ago (Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:31 am)

Perhaps most importantly about this was how the MSM failed to pick up on it in any meaningful way and how Elie remains a cultural icon and legitimate witness.

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”