Purim Special: From Esther to AIPAC

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
kk
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Purim Special: From Esther to AIPAC

Postby kk » 1 decade 1 year ago (Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:33 am)

An excellent paper on the holocaust religion, by Gilad Atzmon.
Must read.

As we can see, the Holocaust functions as an ideological interface. It provides its follower with a logos. On the level of consciousness, it suggests a purely analytical vision of the past and present, yet, it doesn't stop just there, it also defines the struggle to come. It defines a vision of a Jewish future. Nevertheless, as a consequence it fills the Jewish subject's unconsciousness with the ultimate anxiety: the destruction of the 'I'.
Needless to say, a faith that stimulates the consciousness (Ideology) and steers the unconsciousness (Spirit) is a very good recipe for a winning religion. This structural bond of ideology and spirit is fundamental to the Judaic tradition. The bond between the legal clarity of the halacah (ideology) and the mysteriousness of Jehovah or even Kabala (spirit) makes Judaism into a totality, a universe in itself. Bolshevism, the mass movement rather than the political theory, is built upon the same structure, the lucidity of pseudo-scientific materialism together with the fear of the capitalistic appetite. Neoconservative's politics of fear is again all about locking the subject in the chasm between the alleged forensic lucidity of WMDs and the inexpressible fright of 'terror to come'.

This very bond between consciousness and unconsciousness brings to mind the Lacanian notion of the 'real'. The 'real' is that which cannot be symbolized i.e., expressed in words. The real is the 'inexpressible', the inaccessible. In Zizek's words, 'the real is impossible', 'the real is the trauma'. Nevertheless, it is this trauma that shapes the symbolic order. It is the trauma that forms our reality.

The Holocaust religion fits nicely into the Lacanian model. Its spiritual core is rooted deeply within the domain of the inexpressible. Its preaching teaches us to see a threat in everything. It is the ultimate conjunction between the ideology and the spirit that has materialised into sheer pragmatism.

Interestingly enough, the Holocaust religion extends far beyond the internal Jewish discourse. In fact the new religion operates as a mission. It sets shrines in far lands. As we can see, the emerging religion is already becoming a new world order. It is the Holocaust that is now used as an alibi to nuke Iran[5]. Clearly, Holocaust religion serves the Jewish political discourse both on the right and left but it appeals to the Goyim as well, especially those who are engaged in merciless killing 'in the name of freedom'[6]. To a certain extent we are all subject to this religion, some of us are worshipers, others are just subject to its power. Interestingly enough, those who deny the Holocaust are themselves subject to abuse by the high priests of this religion. Holocaust religion constitutes the Western 'Real'. We are not allowed to touch it or to look into it. Very much like the Israelites who are entitled to obey their God but never to question him.

http://uruknet.info/?p=m31096&s1=h1

ASMarques
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby ASMarques » 1 decade 1 year ago (Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:26 am)

I find it astonishing how fast people from different quarters now seem to be realizing that a new religion in the Jewish mold, though not exclusively designed for Jews, is precisely what we have on our hands. :shock:

This gives me new hope. I used to say we had had this unique opportunity to strangle a new monster in its cradle and had let it slip away, but I'm beginning to think that I may have been wrong. There may still be time.

Carto's Cutlass Supreme
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Carto's Cutlass Supreme » 1 decade 1 year ago (Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:07 pm)

That's pretty good. There's some good ideas in that passage. Yet at the same time I'm skeptical and apprehensive about that kind of discourse. That esoteric style of writing, where one has to be an "in the know postmodern theorist" to really understand the words.

At the same time, there are instances of holocaust myth discourse that conjures the image of the "red neck" in a rural place with a shotgun nearby and drinking a Hamm's beer. So this is a fresh change.

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”