Montel Williams 4/30/1992

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
jheitwler

Montel Williams 4/30/1992

Postby jheitwler » 1 decade 5 months ago (Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:44 pm)

Does anybody know where I could find a video of the Montel Williams show that aired on April 30, 1992 with Mark Weber and David Cole? I have a transcript of the show but I'd love to see the real deal.
"First of all there is the fact that if we assume the Holocaust to have happened more or less as told, all the evidence becomes intelligible, while if we assume it was a hoax, most of the evidence does not make any sense." - Robert Jan Van Pelt

lil-nate

Re: Montel Williams 4/30/1992

Postby lil-nate » 1 decade 2 months ago (Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:18 pm)

I am also looking for this video.

I think the IHR had it at one point and maybe still does, im trying to contact them to get a copy.

http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache:8Us ... clnk&gl=ca

"If you didn't catch the show you missed a rare treat -- but don't despair. If you have access to a standard American VHS videotape player and would like to see the tape, drop me a line and I'll see what I can do. I wouldn't want any IHR supporter eager to see it have to miss it"

Can you send me the transcript of the episode please or post it here?

Cloud
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Cloud » 8 years 11 months ago (Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:48 pm)

Just found it on YouTube. It was put up there fairly recently. The first one is here:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9Rkpdv0lu0[/youtube]

Follow the link for the rest. Use Firefox's Download Helper to save them if you desire.

gbrecht

Postby gbrecht » 8 years 11 months ago (Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:29 am)

All i have to say is, scraping the walls, CRAZY SCIENTIFIC HOCUS POCUS LOL :lol:

Edit: also, that black guy in overalls was great, too bad he was cut off.

Kingfisher
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Kingfisher » 8 years 11 months ago (Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:18 am)

Thank you very much, Cloud. That was fascinating. In no particular order, some of the points that struck me:

- There is no way anything resembling that could ever get near a TV studio today.
- Weber and Cole got a pretty fair hearing. The host was not completely biased against them and they had some support from the floor.
- As a medium, TV lends itself to the survivors. They might get torn apart in a court room, or the unreliability of testimony can be demonstrated in books, but in a studio It is very difficult when they stand up and appeal to the audience shouting, full of emotion and venom, "I saw it with my own eyes. Are you calling me a liar?"
- Weber and Cole did not push a hard line. They did not claim a conspiracy; they did not dispute persecution and harsh conditions. They did not try to justify.
- When I watched, only 209 views of the final video. Over 300 of the first, but that would include multiple views by the same person. I myself brought it up several times while trying to negotiate the sequence. It's a good start to get stuff on YouTube, but the most important thing is to break the taboo so that people can know it's there and want to watch.
- There was almost no defence by the scholars of the gas chambers, and emphasis on people dying in the ghettos.
- Cole was a great asset to Revisionism. No wonder the ADL and JDL destroyed him.
(Edited for minor typos.)
Last edited by Kingfisher on Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kageki

Postby Kageki » 8 years 11 months ago (Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:29 pm)

This was pretty good. I thought it was much better then the Donahue one. I was never big on talk shows so I had no idea they even did this.

Weber and Cole was given a fair amount of time compared to what happened on the Donahue show. Montel seemed more sincere in the pursuit of truth. I think this is a great video to promote for "newbies". I wonder how many people at least become curious after watching that. That bit of a dogfight in the crowds was quite amusing.

I would be interested in getting a hold of the transcript if it can be made available somewhere or just posted in this thread. Thanks.

Christof

Postby Christof » 8 years 11 months ago (Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:06 pm)

I thought Cole made a good point towards the end of the second part in response to an audience member in that if deaths are deaths and it shouldn't matter how they died then why do people get so upset when we say that it wasn't by gas chambers.
"All the concentration camps were, after all, vast transit camps.The inmates were constantly changing, passing from one camp to another, coming and going." Balachowsky:IMT vol.VI pg.317

Carolyn Yeager
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Carolyn Yeager » 8 years 11 months ago (Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:00 pm)

I managed to watch four segments and i have a different take than most. I thought Mark Weber did a lousy job (and by the way, he looks at this time like he trying to be an Adolf Hitler look-alike), but David Cole did a good job. Revisionists should never again get on a talk show with a studio audience AND allow Jewish "survivors" to sit with them, knowing they will never accept facts, just express emotion and nonsense. It doesn't make any sense to do it. This was probably not so clear at the time, but now it is -- after seeing both this and the Donahue Show -- the public is ready to attack and kill any who don't think like they do. So when Kingfisher says this could never be done today, I say "Good!"

Mark Weber gave away too much right in the beginning, as he always does. He BELIEVES a Holocaust took place and uses the word Holocaust, it's just that there weren't any gas chambers. That's not the way to go. The people naturally take the position that to quibble over 1 million or 6 million, or to quibble over whether they were gassed or starved, is cold-hearted and wrong. So to say there were 1 or 1.5 million, and they starved to death gets you nowhere. You are confirming the Holocaust! Also, Webers argument that Ukrainians and Chinese were genocided in greater numbers makes no impression on people's minds. Stick with the holohoax facts and don't try to relativize it.

Likewise, just the idea that Jews were "selected" for persecution and expulsion is enough for a lot of people; it was this attitude of the "Nazis" that led to further and rougher persecutions, they will counter. That's why I no longer believe in the soft approach, or the gradual approach, but in dispelling every bit of it that needs dispelling right from the start. Something like, "What is your proof that it happened as you say?" Then refuse their "proof" in the form of "I know", "I was there" etc. ; repeat what proof means. By all means, don't sympathize with people. That's what I like about David Cole -- as a Jew, he knows Jews and has no false sympathy at all. He's purely logical. Mark Weber is too soft and it's all for the best that he's gotten out of it.
In Jewish history there are no coincidences ... Elie Wiesel
Learn more at http://eliewieseltattoo.com

Auschwitz: The Underground Guided Tour http://carolynyeager.net/auschwitz-unde ... uided-tour

skeptical

Postby skeptical » 8 years 11 months ago (Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:32 pm)

I had no idea that Montel Williams had done such a show, I am amazed at how much more fair he was than Donahue.
Thank you

Carto's Cutlass Supreme
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Carto's Cutlass Supreme » 8 years 11 months ago (Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:22 am)

But the witnesses were so similar to the Donahue witnesses. She lived right by the crematoria. So did the Donohue woman. Some Jew who worked in the crematorium area came back from the crematoriums and told them what was going on. Same with the Donohue woman. Someone told her her family was in the smoke. Same with the Donohue witness. Mengele separated them, same with Donohue witness.

What a big cliche, seemingly taken from a book called "How To Be An Auschwitz Survivor." LOL.

One Jewish alleged witness in the audience had the burned alive story going on.

Kingfisher
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Kingfisher » 8 years 11 months ago (Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:44 am)

But the witnesses were so similar to the Donahue witnesses.
Yes. That struck me too, as did the difficulty of confronting these people in the emotion-driven atmosphere of these TV shows.
Nevertheless, they got a much fairer hearing than on the Donahue show. There isn't a snowball in hell's chance of anything like that getting on TV today.

Carto's Cutlass Supreme
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Carto's Cutlass Supreme » 8 years 11 months ago (Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:47 am)

Yes, from today's perspective it's just amazing those two shows even happened.

I thought Montel was better than Donohue too.

Balsamo
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Balsamo » 8 years 11 months ago (Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:02 pm)

again the famous 6 -3 millions = 6 millions argument. (cfr David Cole in the show)

the 4 millions killed at Birkenau is part of immediate post war propaganda by the Russians. The same Russians claimed that 1.5 millions were killed at a camp near Lublin (Majdanek) as illustrated by a cover from may 45 from the french communist paper "l'Humanité", so the russian propaganda estimate already reached 5.5 millions for the two camps alone.
I can agree that the 6.000.000 were also part of a rough estimate that can be assimilated at propaganda, but it did not come from the Russian side!

Mixing both estimate are thus misleading. If you want to do an equation you should take X (immediate post war russian estimate) - Y (Auschwitz new estimation) = Z (new Russian estimation)

If i was of bad faith, i could argue that the Russian estimate would have been at least 9.000.000 ( 5.500.000 in Birkenau and Majdanek; 1.7 million in the Reinhard camps; 1.5 millions in mass shootings in Russia, and 300.000 during the death march and western camps)...so the new funny equation would be 9.000.000 - 3.000.000 = 6.000.000!!!!! Silly, i know, but that is how you can play with numbers...Still the equation 6-3 =6 is on most denier's sites...

Unless of course you can provide a Russian source that states the 6.000.000 estimation...

Anyway, here is the second part, in case

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0T3AudMjgw&feature=related[/youtube] How the hell do you insert a video????
Last edited by Balsamo on Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:34 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Cloud
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Cloud » 8 years 11 months ago (Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:06 pm)

Kingfisher wrote:There isn't a snowball in hell's chance of anything like that getting on TV today.

Why is that, Kingfisher? You'll have to pardon me for asking because I rarely watch TV anymore.

Moderator3

Postby Moderator3 » 8 years 11 months ago (Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:11 pm)

by Balsamo Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:02 am

by Cloud Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:06 am

Last edited by Balsamo on Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:34 am, edited 4 times in total.

Balsamo:
Please do not edit posts after subsequent posts. Thanks.

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”