new: Lies, Slips, Bungles and Perjuries of Filip Mueller

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

new: Lies, Slips, Bungles and Perjuries of Filip Mueller

Postby Hannover » 1 decade 1 year ago (Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:29 pm)

Filip Mueller and his absurd tales are a big part of the 'holocaust' canon. Here we have new work from Maria Temmer at CODOH's New Revisionist Voices:

The Lies, Slips, Bungles and Perjuries of Filip Mueller,
Professional Witness of Auschwitz-Birkenau

by Maria Temmer
http://codoh.com/library/document/635/

excerpt:
Final Remarks
Holocaustianity states that WWII memoirs which tug at the heart strings of the masses are inviolate; more so in the case of inmate memoirs. The word of these inmates is as good as gold without bothering to verify anything, so holocaust historians freely quote from these books, and often only from these books, as bona fide historical narrative to educate and move us all. Even if historians were to admit that inmate memoirs are notoriously unreliable and promise to quit using them, it still creates a problem. They also cannot rely on testimony on oath because as we have seen, professional witness Filip Mueller lied there, too. The common historical method of simply looking at witness claims and basing the decision that they’re valid on general similarities to other accounts and trials is deeply flawed. These claimed witnesses could have simply gleaned a generalized picture from watching media and began parroting it as their own experience. How many Communist propagandists and other hostile parties’ false claims have slipped through the woodwork because of this and ended up in the annals of history? Mueller’s own admission of his reading postwar holocaust literature gives us a good idea of why his story is generally along the lines of the standard account, while it’s fatally lacking in the proper details and consistencies that someone who actually experienced what he claimed to have would know. Pieces of Mueller’s story can be seen in writings from Pery Broad, Henryk Tauber , Miklos Nyiszli, and even the Frankfurt Auschwitz Trials testimony of Bruno Schlage, which is where the story of the inmate bunker trustee Jakob comes from. [1]

The totality of a claimed witness’ statements must be weighed and checked as much as possible, and the witness himself must be questioned as much as possible for consistency and his stories must be compared to camp records to see if it was even possible for him to have been where and seen what he claimed to have. Why wouldn’t an accuser of a crime be under the same weight of scrutiny as the accused? Both have stories which must be verified and reconciled as much as possible. How else do we arrive at an accurate picture? Handling one side with kid gloves and trashing the other is neither history nor proper jurisprudence, but an extension of politics.

Taking sides by allowing accusing parties to slide by unscrutinized is begging for trouble, assuming one actually cares for the truth and is not a propagandist, of course. Perhaps these historical writers just don’t care. Post-war courts certainly didn’t. At best, the methods of court historians are grossly flawed and their research sloppy, their attentiveness lacking, and in their arrogance or ignorance they refuse to mend their ways. Are historians cheerleaders? In the field of holocaust studies, at least, yes, many are.

The validity of Filip Mueller’s testimony as presented in the memoir, like the entire standard narrative of mass gassing to these historical writers, is a foregone conclusion. That they are using unverified and potentially false witness testimony to spackle the story of the holocaust together simply doesn’t enter their minds, so the poorly scrutinized quotations of the Muellers, Vrbas, and others continue to be fed to the public.

If among professional scholars a true atmosphere of open inquiry, honesty, and professionalism reigned, people like Filip Mueller wouldn’t pass the smell test. Since a truly professional atmosphere does not reign in holocaust studies, we will not be hearing the end of the Filip Muellers of the world any time soon.

Eyewitness Auschwitz will continue to be peddled to the public as non-fiction and will continue to be used in holocaust studies programs on that premise. Mueller’s biography as presented in his memoir will continue to be standard fare in academic circles and holocaust museums will continue to hawk the memoir and tell his story to frightened, impressionable children. You can bet on it.

Also see Filip Mueller's lies handled at this forum:
Filip Mueller / another lying "eyewitness"
http://forum.codoh.com/viewtopic.php?t=95

Also search 'Filip Mueller' here for more.

- Hannover
If it can't happen as alleged, then it didn't.

Haldan
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Haldan » 1 decade 1 year ago (Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:50 am)

I am looking forward, very much, to read this newly written addition of work which I presume demolishes this bogus liar further.
I only went through it very hastily earlier today but will spend time later today and read it more concentrated.
Nice work, Maria Temmer :D

Faithfully,
-haldan :D
<?php if ($Holocaust == false ) {deny_repeatedly(); } else { investigate(); } ?>
Homage to Catalin Haldan

Occam's Razor

Postby Occam's Razor » 1 decade 1 year ago (Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:31 pm)

I'm also impressed.

I have a few questions though, which I will post later. There is at least one small problem.

In the introduction we read:

Bauer’s foreword tells us that “Mueller came to Auschwitz with one of the earliest transports from Slovakia in April 1942, and began working in the gassing installation and crematoria in May,” and Yad Vashem’s biography of Mueller says, “Filip Muller was born in 1929 in Sered, Czechoslovakia. He was deported to Auschwitz in April 1942 where he was assigned prisoner number 29236. He worked as a prisoner in the Sonderkommando until the evacuation of the camp in January 1945.” [4]

The source for these claims, http://www1.yadvashem.org/education/jan ... family.pdf, does indeed say:

Filip Muller was born in 1929 in Sered, Czechoslovakia. He was deported to
Auschwitz in April 1942 where he was assigned prisoner number 29236.
He
worked as a prisoner in the Sonderkommando until the evacuation of the camp in
January 1945, when he was taken on the “deaths marches”. He was liberated in
May 1945.

But I don't think that's possible. Filip Mueller would have been 13 years in 1942 if he was born in 1929. Both the English and the German Wikipedia agree that Mueller was born in 1922 and that he was 20 years in 1942.

These qotes from the text wouldn't make sense if he was born in 1929:

In The Death Factory, the English translation of Die Todesfabrik (originally published in 1957) by Ota Kraus and Erich Kulka, Mueller recites the same chronology in dramatic fashion: “I am the oldest member of the Auschwitz and Birkenau Sonderkommando and the only one to have been through everything.

And in part 8:

"I started work at Crematorium I. I was proposed for the post of Kapo, since my prison number was lower than those of all the others working there, which meant that I was the oldest prisoner."

I don't assume that Mueller claims there was a kindergarten Sonderkommando and that he was the oldest one with 13 years.

Does anyone have a credible source (which Wikipedia is certainly not) when Mueller was born?

MrNobody
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby MrNobody » 1 decade 1 year ago (Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:14 pm)

Perhaps the Filip Mueller identity was "borrowed".
Wir brauchen eine Bewegung, die Deutschland endlich aus der Kontrolle der Kräfte von Versailles und Jalta befreit, die uns schon ein ganzes Jahrhundert lang von einer Kastastrophe in die andere stürzt.

Helga Zepp-LaRouche.

Occam's Razor

Postby Occam's Razor » 1 decade 1 year ago (Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:56 pm)

Maria Temmer should give credit to Sergey Romanov and Andreas Kilian:

"Sergey Romanov - problems with Filip Mueller and Rudolf Vrba"
http://forum.codoh.com/viewtopic.php?t=3525

PotPie
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby PotPie » 1 decade 1 year ago (Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:32 pm)

Kilian's conclusions about Mueller were grossly inadequate, although certainly a step in the right direction. He obviously never bothered comparing Mueller's court testimonies or checked them for consistency.

Bob
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Re: new: Lies, Slips, Bungles and Perjuries of Filip Mueller

Postby Bob » 7 years 7 months ago (Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:15 pm)

Filip Müller described in his book how the victims entered, all unsuspecting the “showers” in crematorium 5 with a towel and soap:[1]

“Still plagued by hunger and thirst and remembering that food and drink had been promised them after their bath they now pushed and showed to be first in the “showers”. Thus, a towel slung over their arm and clutching a cake of soap, they entered, all unsuspecting, the three gas chambers of crematorium 5.”

He forgot that during the Auschwitz Trial in Frankfurt in 1964, when asked about crematoria III and IV (IV-V) he testified that:[2]

“Dort befanden sich keine imitierten Brausen im Gasraum”

In the respect to his statement in the book, he said the following during his interview for Claude Lanzmann´s Shoah:[3]

“You know, there is a lot of fiction out there. I also read, in the last book of Anus Mungi…which (is written) by, I would say, a very old, experienced prisoner about Auschwitz. And he wrote that before the gassing, people were given towels and, and, and soap, etc. That is more or less fiction. And one has to understand, that, that the prisoners had no access to these extermination sites. In their imagination, a lot of things…well, they saw how thousands, tens of thousands went into the gas chambers and no one came out. The people know that, that is, the other prisoners of the camp. So it’s no wonder that a few fantasies, which are not quite accurate, got stored in their mind’s eye. So, that the Sonderkommando (accompanied) someone, that the prisoners of the Sonderkommando went into the gas chamber or such, that’s not true. That’s more or less a piece of fiction.” (my emphasis)

Whole interview is worth of reading, this man is completely confused (i.e. lost in his fictional story) and he produced lot of errors regarding description or dimensions or numbers, on one occasion, Lanzmann was forced to cut it when he stated that crematorium 2 had three underground undressing rooms.[4] and “actor” Müller repeated this part again “without” an errors.

Notes
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[1]Filip Müller, Eyewitness Auschwitz: Three Years in the Gas Chambers, 1979, published by Ivan R Dee, Inc , 1999, p. 81.
[2]Hermann Langbein, Der Auschwitz-Prozeß – Eine Dokumentation, Verlag Neue Kritik KG, 1995, p. 87.
[3]Transcript of the Shoah Interview with Filip Müeller, Bob. No. 82 (Mü 9), p. 43.
[4]Ibid., Bob. No. 83 (Mü 10), p. 45.

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”