Spielberg & "Project Natal"

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
MrNobody
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Spielberg & "Project Natal"

Postby MrNobody » 1 decade 1 year ago (Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:21 am)

Some of you may remember the Video Game Industries first attempt at "Holocaust Ejamakation" with the development of Imagination is the Only Escape The game, created by artist Luc Bernard, places players in the role of a young boy in Eastern France who uses his imagination to escape the horrors of war during the German occupation of World War II. ( Whatever that was??)

Anyway Mr Spielberg & Microsoft (Xbox 360) may now have taken it to a whole new level with the soon to be introduced Technology of Project Natal

Project Natal is a fully hands-free control system that will use face recognition and motion sensors to allow users to play games, During the demonstration, British developer Peter Molyneux showed how Natal could not only recognise faces, it could recognise facial expressions to determine what mood a player was in and react accordingly.

Mr Spielberg said this offered new opportunities for game development

"The video games industry has not allowed us the opportunity to cry, because we were too busy putting our adrenalin rush into the controller, or wherever we swing our arm with a Wii controller to get a result," he said.

"Because of that, there is no room for a video game to break your heart. We now have a little more room to be a little more emotional with Natal technology than we did before."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/8077369.stm

If I wanted a game that left me "crying", I'd play "Finger Dodge with a Hammer"

Call me a "Conspiracy Theorists" but....... Spielberg + "Project Natal" can only mean one thing.
Wir brauchen eine Bewegung, die Deutschland endlich aus der Kontrolle der Kräfte von Versailles und Jalta befreit, die uns schon ein ganzes Jahrhundert lang von einer Kastastrophe in die andere stürzt.

Helga Zepp-LaRouche.

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”