The Sleepwalker awakes

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
ASMarques
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

The Sleepwalker awakes

Postby ASMarques » 1 decade 9 months ago (Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:18 am)

Yes, Michael Shermer seems to finally be getting it: :roll:

"So there’s a good chance that the more elaborate a conspiracy theory is, and the more people that would need to be involved, the less likely it is true."

http://www.michaelshermer.com/2009/09/p ... mment-3552

Well, on second thoughts perhaps he isn't and isn't going to... :wink:

PatrickSMcNally
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Re: The Sleepwalker awakes

Postby PatrickSMcNally » 1 decade 9 months ago (Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:07 am)

Shermer does not interpret the word "conspiracy" in a way which allows it to be applied to the claims that a mass-extermination of Jews was carried out in deep secrecy by the Third Reich. He does, however, allow the word to apply to claims that the Nuremberg trials were fraudulent or that tesimonies given since then have involved lies about gas chambers. Selective application of a term allows him to get away with it.

ASMarques
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby ASMarques » 1 decade 9 months ago (Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:13 am)

PatrickSMcNally wrote:Shermer does not interpret the word "conspiracy" in a way which allows it to be applied to the claims that a mass-extermination of Jews was carried out in deep secrecy by the Third Reich. [...]

Apparently not. But, of course, if Shermer inteprets the word "Sun" in a way that means the Moon, that doesn't turn day into night, only Shermer into an intellectual buffoon.

PatrickSMcNally wrote:Selective application of a term allows him to get away with it.

Nope. Selective application of the term only allows him to sound silly. What allows him to get away with it is censorship, superstition and moral cowardice.

Mojo

Postby Mojo » 1 decade 9 months ago (Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:26 am)

ASMarques wrote:The only gigantic conspiracy Michael Shermer likes to peddle around is the “Holocaust”, you know, the vast German plan to secretly… etc.

The first time I was 'introduced' to Shermer was watching Penn and Teller's 'The Bible is Bullshit' video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RV46fsmx6E

I'm not trying to kick the religious beehive, just showing how Shermer does peddle around the holocaust. When I watched the Donahue video with Cole & Smith, I couldn't believe it was the same guy.

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”