Majdanek

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
gbrecht

Majdanek

Postby gbrecht » 1 decade 3 days ago (Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:28 am)

I don't know much about Majdanek, haven't read any books on the camp specifically, and I am curious about these photos from the ushmm.

http://resources.ushmm.org/inquery/uia_ ... uia_YFISes

Any explanations on these, from the pictures it looks like what you would think a homicidal gas chamber would entail, although of course a picture doesn't prove anything. What do you guys think? (apologies if this has been posted before)

EDIT: The link didn't work properly, click "Show me more photographs like this one.", to see what I am talking about.

Mojo

Re: Majdanek

Postby Mojo » 1 decade 3 days ago (Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:07 am)

I get a page error.

gbrecht

Postby gbrecht » 1 decade 3 days ago (Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:43 pm)

SevenUp
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby SevenUp » 1 decade 3 days ago (Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:47 pm)

You will find a concise explanation of that pic at
http://www.holohoax101.com
see the section 'A Gas Chamber With a View'.

Ilikerealhistory
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Ilikerealhistory » 1 decade 3 days ago (Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:10 pm)

An open window, no holes in the roof to drop in the ZB pellets, no shower heads to fool the condemned, and no drain to allow the water, that came from the non-existent showers, to exit the building.

<sarcasm>

Hmmmm nothing wrong with that picture

</sarcasm>

SimonBuzaglo

Postby SimonBuzaglo » 1 decade 3 days ago (Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:31 pm)

This is one of the most glaring examples of misrepresentations to the public, and I am sure Mr. Birenbaum is aware that this is obviously a delousing chamber. What is even more amazing is that even bogus skeptic Michael Schermer and Pressac, two "gas chamber supporters", already admitted that this could not be a homicidal gas chamber and David Cole debunked this absurd in his 46 questions.

This is one of the clear cases of a delousing chamber presented to the public as a homicidal gas chamber.

gbrecht

Postby gbrecht » 1 decade 3 days ago (Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:56 pm)

The only thing that confused me was the pictures of the disinfection rooms in auschwitz look significantly different than these, any explanation on that? Actually i might just be remembering incorrectly...

Yea and the window doesn't make sense :mrgreen:

SimonBuzaglo

Postby SimonBuzaglo » 1 decade 3 days ago (Fri Nov 06, 2009 3:18 pm)

Let alone the physical impossibility as Faurisson pointed out (and even Schermer and Pressac agreed), David Cole questioned this paradox of a 'gas chamber' that has blue staining all over it whereas in Auschwitz, where 10 times more homicidal gassings supposedly have taken place, there is no staining.

Here is a 'door of a gas chamber' with a warning sign on it!... it's amazing what the public will swallow.

http://history1900s.about.com/library/h ... witz35.htm

Ilikerealhistory
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Ilikerealhistory » 1 decade 3 days ago (Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:51 pm)

SimonBuzaglo wrote:
Here is a 'door of a gas chamber' with a warning sign on it!... it's amazing what the public will swallow.

I can't read the sign. Is it in German, English, Polish, Russian, or Arabic?

So we have a door to a delousing chamber.

Pappy Yokum

Postby Pappy Yokum » 9 years 11 months ago (Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:05 pm)

Majdanek was a relatively large Nazi prison camp. It was near railroad lines like Birkenau.

The fumigation buildings at Majdanek need to be taken into context of their location within the camp to indicate their purpose.

These two buildings are located near rows of storage buildings. An area of Birkenau, nicknamed "Canada", was similarly a storage area for collected material and near the large delousing "sauna" building there.

In January of 1940, Hans Frank, the Nazi governor of occupied Poland, issued an order that scrap material was to be collected and sent to centers where the material was to be processed and reused. This was one of the things the Germans did to combat Allied embargoes and trade blockades. Like Japan, Germany was not self-sufficient in raw materials, or even food production. So, the Nazis collected scrap material to be reworked to mitigate the resulting raw material shortage.

During the summer of 1942, a typhus epidemic hit the Nazi concentration camps killing thousands of prisoners. By the end of 1942 Himmler sent a directive to the camps to do everything possible to lower the death rates.

I don't know when the fumigation buildings at Majdanek were built, but the crematory there was allegedly added in the fall of 1943. It was built at the opposite end of the camp from the fumigation buildings. This implies the fumigation buildings had to do with the processing of scrap material rather than the creation of dead bodies.

As a hygienic measure, the fumigation buildings were built and Zyklon B was sent to the camps to delouse the scrapped clothes and shoes being collected and sent to the labor camps to be sorted and cleaned. The plans for the delousing facilities at Birkenau date to late 1942. These were constructed in 1943 at the same time the crematories were built. I assume the chronology for Majdanek was similar.

In summary, the war started in 1939 caused the blockade of raw materials to Germany. The Nazis reacted by instituting a recycling program in 1940 that sent louse-contaminated materials to the concentration camps to be processed for reuse. This resulted in typhus epidemics in mid 1942 which led to the building of fumigation and crematories at the camps in 1943. [Majdanek was captured by the Red Army in July 1944.] These hygienic measures, at least at Auschwitz, were misrepresented as human extermination facilities beginning in November 1944 by the American government.

Ilikerealhistory
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Ilikerealhistory » 9 years 11 months ago (Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:29 pm)

the picture has been changed

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”