Swimming in Aushwitz!

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
Inquisitive
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Swimming in Aushwitz!

Postby Inquisitive » 1 decade 4 months ago (Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:15 am)

movie I just came across from 2008.............posting mostly because of the title. Wonder if they show the pool?
Swimming in Auschwitz (2008)
Synopsis:
Filmmaker Jon Kean explores an aspect of the Holocaust left largely unexplored in the annals of history with this look at six women who survived incarceration in the most notorious concentration camp of all. While male testimonies concerning the unimaginable hardships of living in Auschwitz have been well documented, the experiences of women who were forced to endure the exact same physical conditions have been curiously omitted from public record. By documenting the grueling hardships experienced by six women who came to Auschwitz from locations all over Europe, Kean highlights the unbreakable spirit of the survivors who refused to give up hope no matter how grim their circumstances became. Separated from their families, forced into cramped trains for three days with no food or water, and subsequently stripped, shaved, and tattooed before being forced to sleep outside while their quarters were prepared and the smell of crematoria filled the night air, nine out of ten women didn't even survive the initial stages of internment. For those who did, however, things would get much worse before they got better; emotional survival was nearly as difficult as physical survival. Now, for the first time on film, their remarkable stories are told from the years preceding World War II, to the notorious death marches that followed their stay in Auschwitz, the ultimate experience of liberation, and the memories that would haunt them for decades after their harrowing ordeal.

http://www.hollywood.com/movie/Swimming ... tz/5229147

Is there no end to the evil? And yet they survive :D

Friedrich Paul Berg
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Re: Swimming in Aushwitz!

Postby Friedrich Paul Berg » 1 decade 4 months ago (Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:58 pm)

Today, using Google Earth one can actually visit, and enjoy, the beautiful swimming pool that was and still is there at Auschwitz 1 (the Main Camp). With the "ruler" feature in Google Earth one can actually measure distances with some accuracy. The length of the pool is 78 feet and the width, by my estimate, is about 15. Obviously, that is a good-sized pool.

click on the image to see an enlarged view.

Friedrich Paul Berg
Learn everything at http://www.nazigassings.com
Nazi Gassings Never Happened! Niemand wurde vergast!
The Holocaust story is a hoax because 1) no one was killed by the Nazis in gas chambers, 2) the total number of Jews who died in Nazi captivity is miniscule compared to what is alleged.

joachim neander
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby joachim neander » 1 decade 4 months ago (Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:17 pm)

There are still more such pools. The Allianz insurance company, which insured the Auschwitz camp against fire, demanded such ponds. They served as water reservoirs for the camp fire brigade. They can be seen at Birkenau, too. Maybe that, on some occasions, prisoner functionaries took a bath there. It would not have been a nice experience, as the ponds were filled by rain water from the roofs of the neighboring blocks. There was no flow of water within them, only standing water.

GurtKerstein

Postby GurtKerstein » 1 decade 4 months ago (Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:45 pm)

They served as water reservoirs for the camp fire brigade

So why the starting blocks? Your theory may have had merit except that there are inmate memoirs that mention the swimming pool being a.... swimming pool!
It is not one bit surprising since there is also a soccer field, theater and a brothel. The sign that labels the swimming pool as a reservoir is there because the existence of a swimming pool doesn't fit with the image of a "death camp" that they want to give the gullible pilgrims who go there by the millions every year.

http://www.heretical.com/miscella/swimpool.html
The Emperor cannot see the cloth, but pretends that he can for fear of appearing stupid; his ministers do the same. A child in the crowd calls out that the Emperor is wearing nothing. The Emperor holds himself up proudly and continues the procession.

Malle
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Malle » 1 decade 4 months ago (Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:57 pm)

Mr. Neander is making a straw man here.
Photos from Mauthausen showing the outside emergency water pool

Photo from Auschwitz showing the inside swimming pool:
I must be a mushroom - because everyone keeps me in the dark and feeds me with lots of bullshit.

Friedrich Paul Berg
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Friedrich Paul Berg » 1 decade 4 months ago (Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:25 pm)

Where at Birkenau does Joachim Neander believe those pools for fire water were located?

With Google Earth, one should be able to find them real fast--if they are really there.

Friedrich Paul Berg
The Holocaust story is a hoax because 1) no one was killed by the Nazis in gas chambers, 2) the total number of Jews who died in Nazi captivity is miniscule compared to what is alleged.

GurtKerstein

Postby GurtKerstein » 1 decade 4 months ago (Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:48 pm)

Where at Birkenau does Joachim Neander believe those pools for fire water were located?

Mr. Berg, you are being naive. Can't you see the official explanation already? In Birkenau there are no water reservoirs to extinguish fires because it was an extermination camp! Therefore, instead of a fire brigade, you would expect to find an arson brigade. For some strange reason the evil nazis didn't think of lighting the whole camp on fire and burning everybody alive. Instead, they dumped truck loads of Jewish babies into open flaming pits, as Elie Wiesel, the Holocaust's most reliable witness describes. Wouldn't it be surreal if after a truck dumps its live human load into the fire, the fire brigade would show up and extinguish that fire while the babies were still burning? Now in Auschwitz I there was a fire brigade because that one was no longer an extermination camp, after the Germans decided to relocate the secret extermination process to Birkenau in plain view of the camp's 50,000 inmates.

Doesn't make sense? It's because you have yet to acquire that special school of thought known as Holocaust logic.
The Emperor cannot see the cloth, but pretends that he can for fear of appearing stupid; his ministers do the same. A child in the crowd calls out that the Emperor is wearing nothing. The Emperor holds himself up proudly and continues the procession.

Friedrich Paul Berg
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Friedrich Paul Berg » 1 decade 4 months ago (Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:47 pm)

I just glanced at the following essay by Joachim Neander which was highly recommended by Roberto Muehlenkamp:

http://holocaustcontroversies.blogspot. ... ct-or.html

Neander should take my SANITY test as well. Here is how Neander concluded his analysis of the Zisblatt tale:
Final conclusion

My research clearly shows that Irene Weisberg Zisblatt is not only a survivor of Auschwitz and the Holocaust, but that she, indeed, has an interesting and instructive story to tell. A story of endless humiliations and extreme suffering, but also of survival against all odds. It would be similar to those that hundreds of survivors can tell or have already told. It certainly would be less adventurous than that which she tells. But it would be in accordance with the historically established facts. Irene Weisberg Zisblatt should tell her story about survival at Auschwitz without exaggerations and implausibilities. It then would be a really true story, worth to be told and retold and to be listened to.

Yes, indeed Neander. If Zisblatt would remove all the "implausiblities" and outright LIES from her story, she would be telling the truth. On second thought, there really is no need for Neander to take the SANITY test.

Friedrich Paul Berg
Last edited by Friedrich Paul Berg on Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

Malle
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Malle » 1 decade 4 months ago (Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:51 pm)

joachim neander wrote:It would not have been a nice experience, as the ponds were filled by rain water from the roofs of the neighboring blocks. There was no flow of water within them, only standing water.

I believe you are wrong about the flow in the Auschwitz pool. At this picture we see a nozzle in the mouth of the “animal”.
aus_swimmingpool.jpg

And on this picture we can see the drains on the side of the ladders.
aushwitz_pool_1.gif

I haven’t any picture of a circulation pump installation, but I can offer a picture with pipes and valves that looks like a shower installation to me.
aus_swimmingpool2.jpg
I must be a mushroom - because everyone keeps me in the dark and feeds me with lots of bullshit.

joachim neander
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby joachim neander » 1 decade 4 months ago (Thu Jan 14, 2010 7:57 am)

Sorry, I'm afraid somebody is very naive here.
First, if you've read CODOH posts you should know that that which we see today at Auschwitz is all faked: gas chamber, gallows, death wall, etc. Does nobody know here that the Soviets ran a forced labor camp for Germans on the premises of Auschwitz until spring 1947? That they used the camp as a transit camp for German POWs and Silesian civilians who were to be deported to Siberia? They had a Soviet (!) military garrison there, billeted in the blocks formerly used by the SS, and for them they converted the water reservoir into a swimming pool. Like the "gas chamber."
Second, since when do Revisionists believe in the thruthworthyness of "inmate memoirs"? Haven't all those inmates with their "memoirs" been debunked at CODOH as lie witnesses?
Go figure!

joachim neander
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby joachim neander » 1 decade 4 months ago (Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:38 am)

Friedrich Paul Berg wrote:Where at Birkenau does Joachim Neander believe those pools for fire water were located?

With Google Earth, one should be able to find them real fast--if they are really there.

Friedrich Paul Berg

Dear Mr. Berg, did you forget what CODOH revealed: that Google is Jewish? Since when do you believe in information from a Jewish source?

Friedrich Paul Berg
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Friedrich Paul Berg » 1 decade 4 months ago (Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:24 am)

Hey Neander, pay attention! You are not in Kindergarten here--and you are not in classroom, even a "uni"
classroom where the inmates have to toe the party line.

If you don't give serious answers here, you will be quickly exposing yourself as the "quack historian" that I think you truly are based already on what you wrote about Zisblatt. The whole world is watching.

So, stop avoiding a perfectly reasonable question. Where are those pools that you said are there?

Friedrich Paul Berg

Cloud
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Cloud » 1 decade 4 months ago (Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:22 pm)

Are there any NS documents that explain more about these pools? Who gave the order to have them built, what was their intended use, etc.

grenadier
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby grenadier » 1 decade 4 months ago (Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:34 pm)

FPB
Neander should take my SANITY test as well. Here is how Neander concluded his analysis of the Zisblatt tale:

Final conclusion

My research clearly shows that Irene Weisberg Zisblatt is not only a survivor of Auschwitz and the Holocaust, but that she, indeed, has an interesting and instructive story to tell. A story of endless humiliations and extreme suffering, but also of survival against all odds. It would be similar to those that hundreds of survivors can tell or have already told. It certainly would be less adventurous than that which she tells. But it would be in accordance with the historically established facts. Irene Weisberg Zisblatt should tell her story about survival at Auschwitz without exaggerations and implausibilities. It then would be a really true story, worth to be told and retold and to be listened to.

Yes, indeed Neander. If Zisblatt would remove all the "implausiblities" and outright LIES from her story, she would be telling the truth. On second thought, there really is no need for Neander to take the SANITY test.

I would agree Mr.Berg, no need for Neander to take the sanity test! :mrgreen:

Since Neander has written such a ridiculous article about Zisblatt - what kinda conclusion is that?? :drunken: - I feel I should post a link to a good antidote to such nonsense: http://www.revblog.codoh.com/2010/01/ca ... es-part-1/
That is part one of Caroyn's series on the lie-witness Zisblatt. Visit the home page for parts 2 & 3. The last 2 will be up soon.

joachim neander
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby joachim neander » 1 decade 4 months ago (Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:00 pm)

Friedrich Paul Berg wrote:Hey Neander, pay attention! You are not in Kindergarten here--and you are not in classroom, even a "uni"
classroom where the inmates have to toe the party line.

Where are those pools that you said are there?

Friedrich Paul Berg

Jawoll, Herr Oberlehrer! Wird gemacht:
One such pond is, for instance, south of the railroad ramp in the BI sector. I was there 3 weeks ago. It was empty.

But you, Mr. Berg (excuse me addressing you as "Mr." - I am old-fashioned and do not address individuals with their last name, which is military and prison use), you did not answer my simple question: Since when do you trust information that is controlled by Jews?

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”