Germany Summons Bishop Williamson

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
Inquisitive
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Germany Summons Bishop Williamson

Postby Inquisitive » 9 years 8 months ago (Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:26 am)

A German court said on Wednesday it had summoned traditionalist Catholic bishop Richard Williamson to face charges he denied the Holocaust, an offense punishable by up to five years in jail.

The CONSENSUS among historians is the Nazis killed some six million Jews in the Holocaust.

Authorities cannot force him to attend, but if Williamson is not represented at the hearing, then the appeal against the fine will be thrown out, Frick added.

http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1145739.html

Turning the screws. Looks like a modern day crucifixion. What an outrage!

Mojo

Re: Germany Summons Bishop Williamson

Postby Mojo » 9 years 8 months ago (Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:57 pm)

I thought all was forgotten when the good Bishop retracted last year?

Inquisitive
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Inquisitive » 9 years 8 months ago (Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:51 am)

Here's an interesting theory about Bishop Williamson:
Since he denied the existence of the Holocaust on television more than a year ago, causing serious problems for Pope Benedict XVI and almost triggering a revolt against Rome by the Catholic faithful, the ultra-conservative SSPX has kept him in virtual quarantine at its Wimbledon headquarters

maybe a pro Williamson revolt?
If a fundamentalist bishop like Williamson were to become unaffiliated, he would have the potential to divide the church once again. He could consecrate new priests at any time or establish his own, even more radical movement. This would be inconvenient for both Benedict and the SSPX, which is why Williamson is being tolerated.

Not a mere inconvenience, perhaps genuine fright?
The priests paid particular attention when Williamson, at the beginning of the year, described his sojourn in London as an "unplanned but pleasant sabbatical." It sounded as if he had had enough of the tennis skirts at Wimbledon, and was ready to start speaking out in public again.

hear! hear! The spirit compels him!
http://abcnews.go.com/International/cat ... 252&page=4

astro3
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby astro3 » 9 years 7 months ago (Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:58 am)

Mojo, the good bishop never retracted, that's the whole point.
He is under instructions to shut up and he has taken a pledge of obedience.

Note that 4 volumes of his letters to parishioners have been published
http://truerestorationpress.com/catalog/1 Letters from the Rector, vols 1-4
and fine stuff they are! How often do 4 vols of a priests writings get published?

In 2002 he started telling his US flock about who was responsible for 911 - !! - and about Judeo-Masonry triggering world wars (p282 vol 4)
then in response his superiors asked him to leave and go to Argentina. Which he did in 2003.
So he has a very clear mind and is able to discern truth.

My understanding is, that he is deciding not to go to Germany to rebut the charge: a shame.... He will find it hard to live with this undertaking of silence....

Hektor
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hektor » 9 years 7 months ago (Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:40 am)

Inquisitive wrote:
A German court said on Wednesday it had summoned traditionalist Catholic bishop Richard Williamson to face charges he denied the Holocaust, an offense punishable by up to five years in jail.

The CONSENSUS among historians is the Nazis killed some six million Jews in the Holocaust.

Authorities cannot force him to attend, but if Williamson is not represented at the hearing, then the appeal against the fine will be thrown out, Frick added.

Except for the audacity of the charges. What law did he actually violate in the Federal Republic of Germany?

... Appeal can only be thrown out, if their was ever an appeal. So better not to even appeal, simply ignore.

astro3
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby astro3 » 7 years 6 months ago (Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:41 am)

Bishop's Holocaust denial conviction overturned - March 1, 2012
A German court has overturned the guilty verdict of Bishop Richard Williamson of the Society of St. Pius X and ordered a new trial for the controversial 71-year old cleric. On 22 Feb 2012 the Nuremberg Regional Court of Appeals threw out the Holocaust denial conviction of Bishop Williamson, finding the trial court had failed to show when and how the bishop’s remarks were publicly disseminated... In 2010, the Regensburg court found him guilty of incitement to hate and fined him about $14,000, a sum that was reduced to about $9,000 on appeal last July. But the court failed to meet the formal prerequisites for prosecution, the higher court said Wednesday.
http://anglicanink.com/article/bishops- ... overturned
http://anglicanink.com/topics/Richard%20Williamson
German court tosses conviction of Holocaust-denying

Here is Bishop Williamson's view of the Verdict:
GOOD NEWS
Many if not all of you readers will have heard by now of last week’s good news from Germany: on Ash Wednesday the Appeals Court of Lower Bavaria in Nuremberg quashed the Regensburg Regional Court’s condemnation of me on 11 July of last year for “racial incitement”. Then I was condemned for having, in November of 2008, on German soil, in an interview to Swedish television, taken a politically incorrect view of certain historical events differing from the view commonly held, but now the Appeals Court has decreed in addition that the Bavarian State must pay my trial costs so far. All honour to my defence lawyer, Prof. Dr. Edgar Weiler, whose arguments the judges made their own, and to Fr. Schmidberger who introduced me to him, and to Bishop Fellay who approved of him.
However, I am not yet free and clear insofar as the Appeal judges made their decision on procedural grounds. Here is their conclusion : “If an indictment describes behaviour of the accused not punishable (as yet), and leaves open what concrete circumstances supposedly render him liable to punishment, then by not listing the inner and outer facts of the case the indictment is failing in its function, laid out above, of defining the action for which the accused is being put on trial. Case dismissed.”
So in theory, the Regensburg Prosecutor’s office could correct its procedure and start the prosecution all over again. However, in practice they may well hesitate, because the Appeal judges called on them to specify who exactly came to know of the remarks, by what means they came to know of them, how exactly those remarks were apt to disturb the peace in Germany and finally how I was supposed to have approved of the remarks being made known there.
Now the prosecution might easily show that the whole wide world, let alone Germany, was hammered for a month with the remarks by all the world’s media (mainly in order to force Benedict XVI to distance himself from Catholic Tradition), but it would not be so easy to prove the disturbance of the peace in Germany. Also the prosecutors would have real difficulty in proving that I wanted my remarks to be made public in Germany, given that in the last minute of the interview (accessible on Youtube) I expressly wished the contrary. So it is in God’s hands whether the prosecution will continue, or not.
Meanwhile, dear readers, do not suppose that I have ever suffered too heavily from these trials in Germany, any more than I have needed to take too tragically my corresponding three-year exile within the SSPX. That exile has been if anything too comfortable, and these trials have ended, for the moment at least, in their complete termination. Let me then thank all of you that in the course of these three years have prayed for me. I know there are many of you, and I am grateful to every one of you. In return I celebrated in January a novena of Masses for your intentions, because surely much greater trials lie in wait for all of us.
Kyrie eleison.

White Wolf

Postby White Wolf » 7 years 6 months ago (Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:02 pm)

Strange how this was all over the news media when they had him on trial and when he was convicted but nary a word now that the conviction has been overturned.
The truth fears no question.

phdnm
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby phdnm » 6 years 9 months ago (Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:55 am)

German court fines British bishop Richard Williamson for Holocaust denial

A GERMAN court has fined a renegade British bishop 1800 euros ($2400) for denying key facts about the Holocaust.

The district court in the southern city of Regensburg convicted Bishop Richard Williamson of incitement to hatred after he gave an interview to Swedish television disputing the existence of Nazi gas chambers to kill Jews.

The 72-year-old also said in the 2008 interview that "200,000 to 300,000 Jews perished in Nazi concentration camps".

The prosecution had demanded a higher fine of 6500 euros for Williamson, who was not present at the hearing, but the court lowered the amount, as it judged he had no income at present.

Williamson's lawyer argued the conviction should be quashed as the bishop had expected the interview to be aired only in Sweden, where denying the Holocaust is not a crime.

But the actual interview took place in the German city of Regensburg, where it is illegal to deny the Nazis murdered six million Jews during World War II.

A previous fine of 6500 euros handed down in July 2011 was quashed in February 2012 due to "irremediable procedural problems" in the case.

Williamson was expected to appeal against the verdict.

While still a member of the breakaway ultra-conservative Catholic fraternity, the Society of Saint Pius X Society, Williamson also hit the headlines in 2009 when Pope Benedict XVI reversed his excommunication in a bid to bridge a rift with the organisation.

Benedict later said he would not have made such a move if he had known about Williamson's views on the Holocaust.

Williamson was expelled from the fraternity of traditionalists last year after it said he had disobeyed and disrespected his superiors for several years.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/wo ... 6555663416

Jerzy Ulicki-Rek
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Jerzy Ulicki-Rek » 6 years 9 months ago (Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:24 pm)

Hektor wrote:
Inquisitive wrote:

Except for the audacity of the charges. What law did he actually violate in the Federal Republic of Germany?

... Appeal can only be thrown out, if their was ever an appeal. So better not to even appeal, simply ignore.

"What law did he actually violate in the Federal Republic of Germany?"
Hector
That's exactly my point.
Apart from "freedom of speech" guaranteed even by UN "Human Rights :) " :cheers:

Jerzy

Hektor
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hektor » 6 years 8 months ago (Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:37 am)

Jerzy Ulicki-Rek wrote:...
"What law did he actually violate in the Federal Republic of Germany?"
Hector
That's exactly my point.
Apart from "freedom of speech" guaranteed even by UN "Human Rights :) " :cheers:
Jerzy

I was a bit more specific. Williamson's remarks were not directed towards a German audience, but a Swedish one. But apparently he made these remarks in Regensburg.

Jerzy Ulicki-Rek
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Jerzy Ulicki-Rek » 6 years 8 months ago (Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:15 am)

Letter To The Pope
From Michael Hoffman
Freedom Of Speech For Bishop Williamson

2-5-9

Pope Benedict XVI
Vatican City
[email protected]

Your Holiness

Is it not true that under the Second Vatican Council's doctrine of Religious Liberty, that Bishop Richard N. Williamson has the right to express his conscience and opinion on the subject of execution gas chambers in Auschwitz? Why is the Council's doctrine of liberty being suspended in his case?

Your Secretary of State has made belief in the "Shoah" a criterion for holding office in the Church. Is the rabbinic "Shoah" mysticism now a dogma of the Roman Catholic Church?

If so, on what Biblical, patristic and theological basis is the warning of the Apostle Paul in Titus 1:14 now overthrown?

Do Catholics no longer have the right to doubt or question aspects of secular history? Does the Magsterium of the Church now decree the undoubted veracity of the figure of Six Million deceased Judaic persons, and the undoubted existence of a mass killing operation in Auschwitz-Birkenau, conducted by means of poison gas chambers?

Are you aware of the extent to which the Crucifixion of Christ has been replaced by Auschwitz as the central ontological event of western history? Do you wish to be complicit in the disastrous effects that continue to accrue from this derogation of Jesus and deification of man?

I firmly believe in freedom of speech for Bishop Williamson. I am deeply troubled by your attempted suppression of his rights in this matter. It would seem that, under your pontificate, casting doubt on a supposition of secular history is now a de facto heresy. I can find no grounds for this innovation in Scripture or Catholic tradition.

I also urge you to compassionately use your influence to solicit the immediate release of the imprisoned chemist Germar Rudolf, who has been jailed for more than a year in Germany, for writing scholarly books (<http://www.vho.org/dl/ENG/loth.pdf>http://www.vho.org/dl/ENG/loth.pdf) on the technical and scientific aspects of the alleged homicidal gas chambers. His suffering and that of his young family must not be ignored or dismissed. He deserves mercy. He has committed no crime. His continuing incarceration in Germany is a scandal and a disgrace for which German Chancellor Angela Merkel bears grave responsibility.

Sincerely,

Michael Hoffman

Idaho, USA
[email protected]

http://www.polskawalczaca.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=20501

Jerzy

Marcy Fleming

Postby Marcy Fleming » 6 years 8 months ago (Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:18 pm)

Who cares where he made his comments ? Europe is becoming one super police state, the EU being the new SU, Soviet Union.

Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hannover » 6 years 8 months ago (Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:59 pm)

Marcy Fleming wrote:Who cares where he made his comments ? Europe is becoming one super police state, the EU being the new SU, Soviet Union.

Well said, Marcy. And the U.S. isn't far behind. Constitution? What constitution?

- Hannover
If it can't happen as alleged, then it didn't.

Renewal

Postby Renewal » 6 years 8 months ago (Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:29 pm)

phdnm wrote:for denying key facts about the Holocaust.

What "key facts" would these be? Gas chambers are factually a key fantasy. Is there something new I haven't heard of before? I know they were talking about "rescuing old stories with new technology", but there seems to be nothing new after all, besides using the Internet to keep those "old stories" (and some brand new "old stories") under everyone's nose, no matter what people look for. The only search term which gives propaganda-free results so far is "poop soap bars".

Ferreira

Postby Ferreira » 6 years 8 months ago (Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:38 pm)

His Lordship, Bishop Richard Williamson, writes in his column of this week:

Bishop Richard Williamson wrote:Eleison Comment, Number CCXCI (291), 9 February 2013

FOURTH TRIAL

A reader asks about my latest trial and condemnation for “Holocaust denial” by the Regional Court of Regensburg in South Germany on January 16. Readers will remember that my original offence was on November 1, 2008, to have told a Swedish interviewer for Swedish TV in the privacy of the sacristy of the German Seminary of the Society of St Pius X, but on German soil, that I believed neither that “Six Million Jews” died under Hitler’s rule in the Second World War, nor that one single Jew died in a “gas-chamber”.

For expressing these beliefs in Germany, where “holocaust denial” is a statutory crime, I was tried and condemned by the Regensburg Regional Court in 2010, and the punishment was to be a fine of €10,000. I appealed. The same Court condemned me again in 2011, but the fine was reduced to €6,500. I appealed again, so the case went higher, to the Provincial Court in Nuremberg, which I was told is less subject to outside pressure. And the three judges dismissed the case on procedural grounds, obliging the Bavarian State to pay my legal expenses, but also leaving it free to correct its procedural errors and start all over again.

Now not only does what is known as the “Holocaust” serve as the secular religion of the New World Order (Auschwitz replaces Calvary, the gas-chambers replace the Cross of Our Lord, and the Six Million play the part of the Redeemer), but also it seems to me that the post-World War II Germans have difficulty in respecting themselves unless they are beating their breast for the alleged crimes of the Third Reich. So they pursue “Holocaust denial” with a vengeance, and on January 16 I was prosecuted for the third time in front of a lady judge of Regensburg.

Two German lawyers fought hard in my defence, but in vain - I was condemned again. However the lady judge did lessen the stigma attaching to the accusation, and out of compassion for my unemployed state she did reduce the fine to €1,600. No doubt the Bavarian State would be happy to be rid of the case, if only I would accept to pay the much reduced fine. A noble colleague in the SSPX begged for the privilege to pay it all by himself. But much more than just money is at stake. A great nation, the true religion and God’s World Order are all involved.

“Truth is mighty and will prevail”, said the Latins. So any nation, religion or World Order resting on untruths is fragile and will crumble in the end. Now truth lies in the matching of my mind to reality, and not to cravings for national self-respect, nor to felt needs of religion, nor to the demands of any godless World Order. And historical truth goes by evidence, the most reliable kind of which is the material relics of the past, because these are in principle quite independent of human emotions. “For this was I born, and for this I came into the world; that I should give testimony to the truth,” says Our Lord (Jn. XVIII, 37). What tranquillity in the divine words !

I kindly refused my colleague’s offer. I have appealed again.

Kyrie eleison.

dinoscopus.org
stmarcelinitiative.com

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”