Randi.org Forum Allows Holocaust Revisionists

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
SSeth
Member
Member
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:39 pm

Re: Randi.org Forum Allows Holocaust Revisionists

Postby SSeth » 7 years 9 months ago (Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:54 pm)

It appears that the link on the JREF forum has been closed. I have been looking around on this subject and wonder if it had anything to do with this

http://revisionistworkshop.com/forum/vi ... ?f=9&t=402

$1,000.00 cash reward for providing the name of just one jew - with proof - who died by means of poison gas in a so-called “homicidal gas chamber” operated by the Germans during WW II.

It is a irrefutable fact that not one single alleged “jewish gassing victim” proof has ever been endorsed by James Randi as meeting his own or the James Randi Educational Foundation’s claimed standards of proof.


Does anyone know if there are any well known skeptics who have accepted this challenge?

Goethe
Valued contributor
Valued contributor
Posts: 371
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2003 3:41 am

Re: Randi.org Forum Allows Holocaust Revisionists

Postby Goethe » 7 years 9 months ago (Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:15 pm)

Does anyone know if there are any well known skeptics who have accepted this challenge?

Why would holocaust skeptics accept this challenge? They know all too well that no one can be proven to have been gassed by Nazis.
"The coward threatens when he is safe".
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Mortimer
Valued contributor
Valued contributor
Posts: 396
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:27 am

Re: Randi.org Forum Allows Holocaust Revisionists

Postby Mortimer » 7 years 9 months ago (Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:32 am)

SSeth wrote:It appears that the link on the JREF forum has been closed. I have been looking around on this subject and wonder if it had anything to do with this

http://revisionistworkshop.com/forum/vi ... ?f=9&t=402

$1,000.00 cash reward for providing the name of just one jew - with proof - who died by means of poison gas in a so-called “homicidal gas chamber” operated by the Germans during WW II.

It is a irrefutable fact that not one single alleged “jewish gassing victim” proof has ever been endorsed by James Randi as meeting his own or the James Randi Educational Foundation’s claimed standards of proof.


Does anyone know if there are any well known skeptics who have accepted this challenge?

The link to the James Randi forum on holocaust denial is still active. Go to http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?t=202147
There are 2 sides to every story - always listen or read both points of view and make up your own mind. Don't let others do your thinking for you.

User avatar
Bonesy
Member
Member
Posts: 58
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:37 am

Re: Randi.org Forum Allows Holocaust Revisionists

Postby Bonesy » 7 years 9 months ago (Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:07 am)

Kingfisher wrote:From what I can see it's a waste of time going there if you are looking for discussion that generates light rather than heat. In general, the posters appear to have little idea of what scepticism stands for.

Bingo.

It's worth a mention for those that haven't noticed that Denierbud has posts & threads on that forum. It's just not even worth reading at all given the calibre of the responses by the self-proclaimed "critical thinkers" and "skeptics" who post there. Complete and utter waste of time.
"You can't convince a believer of anything; for their belief is not based on evidence, it's based on a deep-seated need to believe." - Carl Sagan

Mortimer
Valued contributor
Valued contributor
Posts: 396
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:27 am

Re: Randi.org Forum Allows Holocaust Revisionists

Postby Mortimer » 7 years 9 months ago (Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:30 pm)

Bonesy wrote:
Kingfisher wrote:From what I can see it's a waste of time going there if you are looking for discussion that generates light rather than heat. In general, the posters appear to have little idea of what scepticism stands for.

Bingo.

It's worth a mention for those that haven't noticed that Denierbud has posts & threads on that forum. It's just not even worth reading at all given the calibre of the responses by the self-proclaimed "critical thinkers" and "skeptics" who post there. Complete and utter waste of time.

I disagree. It's true most of the posters are not genuine skeptics and are politically correct but for every one who posts there are hundreds who do not but still view the thread. If you provide a logical argument and links to back it up you can reach genuine skeptics with revisionist info.
There are 2 sides to every story - always listen or read both points of view and make up your own mind. Don't let others do your thinking for you.

User avatar
Cloud
Valued contributor
Valued contributor
Posts: 271
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:27 pm
Location: The Land of Political Correctness

Re: Randi.org Forum Allows Holocaust Revisionists

Postby Cloud » 7 years 9 months ago (Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:06 pm)

Mortimer wrote:I disagree. It's true most of the posters are not genuine skeptics and are politically correct but for every one who posts there are hundreds who do not but still view the thread. If you provide a logical argument and links to back it up you can reach genuine skeptics with revisionist info.

Show a link to a post where a "skeptic" was won over by revisionist arguments.

User avatar
Bonesy
Member
Member
Posts: 58
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:37 am

Re: Randi.org Forum Allows Holocaust Revisionists

Postby Bonesy » 7 years 9 months ago (Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:58 am)

Mortimer wrote:I disagree. It's true most of the posters are not genuine skeptics and are politically correct but for every one who posts there are hundreds who do not but still view the thread. If you provide a logical argument and links to back it up you can reach genuine skeptics with revisionist info.

But the problem is that people just don't listen properly. Especially when being confronted with something so controversial.
"You can't convince a believer of anything; for their belief is not based on evidence, it's based on a deep-seated need to believe." - Carl Sagan

User avatar
PotPie
Valued contributor
Valued contributor
Posts: 512
Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:04 am
Location: Here

Re: Randi.org Forum Allows Holocaust Revisionists

Postby PotPie » 7 years 9 months ago (Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:26 pm)

Halo wrote:Now we are presented obviously self made tatoos of poor quality, bad handwriting, varying in size shape and location (even when both tatoos are claimed to come from the exact same camp) a.s.o

If the germans to tattoo millions of death candidates, they would have had a machine with standartized ink for it.
Easy as that.


I wouldn't use an ethnic stereotype about Germans to discredit the tattoos on those peoples' arms. It's not relevant anyway: Nobody is denying concentration camps and tattooed arms. They're denying a program of mass extermination and mass-gassings.

User avatar
spaceboy
Member
Member
Posts: 68
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:04 am

Re: Randi.org Forum Allows Holocaust Revisionists

Postby spaceboy » 6 years 10 months ago (Sun May 27, 2012 8:00 am)

I went on there to lurk through the forums recently and was disappointed to find a good deal of the rebuttals were mainly calling revisionists "anti-Semitic","Nazi-worshipers", or people would reply using memes such as the infamous Star Trek facepalm, or people using the hollow rebuttal of " Cool story, bro", which any five year old could use. I can't remember who it was, although I could find them easily, but one user claimed that "millions of jews" were killed at Auschwitz.

However, to their credit, some people did seem open to actual critical debate, but I don't know. I suppose I was expecting better. :?

User avatar
truth
Valued contributor
Valued contributor
Posts: 147
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:51 am
Location: USA

Re: Randi.org Forum Allows Holocaust Revisionists

Postby truth » 6 years 10 months ago (Thu May 31, 2012 11:48 am)

The German Number 1 is different from the American version of the number 1 which is more like a "I"="1". It sure looks like an American version being used. I think the Germans would stick with their own number system which is 1 remains 1 and not that thing >>> I <<<
Image
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5917
Some of them must have used a ball point pen. It sure looks like one.. Interesting again if the Germans are such good workers that they can eliminate 6 million Jews without a trace, they sure had a strange uneven ways to apply tatoos. Weird. indeed, guess they are just humans and make mistakes. For that reason alone, we would find more evidence.

This is a no-brainer indeed.

twila
Member
Member
Posts: 71
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:39 pm

Re: Randi.org Forum Allows Holocaust Revisionists

Postby twila » 6 years 10 months ago (Thu May 31, 2012 1:43 pm)

PotPie:

Nobody is denying concentration camps and tattooed arms. They're denying a program of mass extermination and mass-gassings.


No, they are NOT "denying" a program of mass extermination and mass-gassings.

They don't believe that mass extermination and mass-gassings took place. (And justifiably so.)

There is a big difference.

You cannot deny something that doesn't exist or never happened.

mincuo
Member
Member
Posts: 104
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:30 pm

Re: Randi.org Forum Allows Holocaust Revisionists

Postby mincuo » 6 years 10 months ago (Thu May 31, 2012 4:17 pm)

twila wrote:PotPie:

Nobody is denying concentration camps and tattooed arms. They're denying a program of mass extermination and mass-gassings.


No, they are NOT "denying" a program of mass extermination and mass-gassings.

They don't believe that mass extermination and mass-gassings took place. (And justifiably so.)
There is a big difference.
You cannot deny something that doesn't exist or never happened.


Sorry Twila. I deny, as well as Butz, that there was a will and a program of mass extermination and mass gassing. When I am able to plainly demonstrate that there wasn't any plan of extermination, the cyanide, the Zyklon, the holes, the diesel, Gerstein or Hoess, etc...are surely useful to confirm ex post, but are merely subsidiary issues.
That is the big difference. Holocaust never happened because firstly nobody wanted it to happen, and those kind of mass murders by a Government require always precise and definite orders. And they must be. And you have to find the documents, hundreds, exactly where you expect to find. And you have to find a knowledge from many protagonists, friends and enemies.
Revisionists shouldn't ever concede this point and pass easily to the successive.
Instead, by conceding this point, they were conducted to discuss Dachau till 1960, then Auschwitz, then the Reinhard(t) Camps, then the Einsatzgruppen in the East, i.e. "the Holocaust by bullets". They did always a good job, anyway, addressing each of these issues, but really they were always conducted.
Beati monoculi in terra caecorum

User avatar
Hektor
Valuable asset
Valuable asset
Posts: 3276
Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:59 am

Re: Randi.org Forum Allows Holocaust Revisionists

Postby Hektor » 6 years 10 months ago (Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:47 am)

twila wrote:Kingfisher:

We are all holocaust deniers in the first sense


One cannot deny something that doesn't exist or never happened.
....

And actually all Revisionists are pointing out is that there is no sufficient evidence for that supposed event. The evidence is pointing to congruency with the Revisionist view including that there were massive propaganda campaigns going to smear the Germans with all kinds of hillarious atrocities. So anyone holding up the Holocaust as scientific truth is a reality denier (in both senses mentioned).
Hence my point of view is that the Holocaust isn't a scientific thesis in the same sense that the green men on Mars aren't or witches that fly on broomstick to the Walpurgisnacht to have sex with the devil.

User avatar
Blogbuster
Valued contributor
Valued contributor
Posts: 184
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 5:35 pm

Re: Randi.org Forum Allows Holocaust Revisionists

Postby Blogbuster » 6 years 10 months ago (Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:12 am)

I've noticed Nick Terry and Roberto Muehlenkamp are running strong on that forum as well. I suspect there is a desire to make CODOH appear a solitary outcast, or lunatic fringe forum and isolate any one who supports revisionist thinking. Seems like everywhere they appear forums, threads and posts heat up, the flaming begins and usually ends up with censorship or deletion.

I think there is a pattern here. (method to the madness) you might say. I for one am not a revisionist but I certainly believe in your right to think and speak what you wish. I also believe revisionists deserve to be heard as much as anyone else. I would suggest keeping an eye on how the HC folks play in the JREF sandbox, I would wager they have ulterior motives.





P.S I am no way connected to the HEART website as some have speculated.
Blog Buster!

Mortimer
Valued contributor
Valued contributor
Posts: 396
Joined: Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:27 am

Re: Randi.org Forum Allows Holocaust Revisionists

Postby Mortimer » 6 years 10 months ago (Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:14 am)

Blogbuster wrote:I've noticed Nick Terry and Roberto Muehlenkamp are running strong on that forum as well. I suspect there is a desire to make CODOH appear a solitary outcast, or lunatic fringe forum and isolate any one who supports revisionist thinking. Seems like everywhere they appear forums, threads and posts heat up, the flaming begins and usually ends up with censorship or deletion.

I think there is a pattern here. (method to the madness) you might say. I for one am not a revisionist but I certainly believe in your right to think and speak what you wish. I also believe revisionists deserve to be heard as much as anyone else. I would suggest keeping an eye on how the HC folks play in the JREF sandbox, I would wager they have ulterior motives.






These people are called "hasbarats". They are zionist internet trolls. http://www.gregfelton.com/media/2009_10_25.htm They reply with bullying, insults and sarcasm. They never admit they are wrong. Even if you have an airtight argument they never admit they are wrong. The randi.org forums have their fair share of hasbarats but as more and more revisionists turn up they don't always get their own way.
There are 2 sides to every story - always listen or read both points of view and make up your own mind. Don't let others do your thinking for you.


Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests