Reichsmark Bonuses to Auschwitz Jews in 1944

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
joachim neander
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Re: Reichsmark Bonuses to Auschwitz Jews in 1944

Postby joachim neander » 1 decade 1 week ago (Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:40 am)

In the years 1993 - 1999, I had many, many conversations with dozens of survivors of the Mittelbau concentration camp in their native languages. They were from France, Belgium, Germany, the Netherlands, Slovenia, and Italy - all of them political prisoners and none of them Jewish. Their camp experience ranged from 1 1/2 to 8 years.
All of them told me that one of the most important things to survive was to avoid attracting the attention of an SS man onto oneself. "You had always to stay with the mass," Richard Fruck, a German camp veteran, repeatedly told me.
So why is Mr. Berg surprised that Primo Levy, though being severely ill, reflected for a short moment about "staying with the mass," when he heard about the impending evacuation of Camp Monowitz?
Mr. Berg should read the text clipping he quotes in its context. I do not have an English translation of Se questo è un uomo? - I prefer reading texts in their original language. From the Italian original, into which I looked again half an hour ago, it is crystal clear that Levi was not afraid from the Russians, but from the Germans, strictly speaking: the SS.
Taking a few words out of their context and interpreting them contrary to their meaning within the whole text ("quote-mining") is common among propagandists and sectarians, but it is disqualifying among scholars.

As to Mr. Berg's question about Elie Wiesel: Mr. Berg presents a quote, but to interpret it I would need to read the whole thing, probably some other books by the same author, and necessarily the scholarly literature about Wiesel's writings. That is they way one deals with such matters in serious scholarship. I have not done this and I do not intend to do so within the next future. Wiesel does not interest me. May others answer Mr. Berg's question about him.

Friedrich Paul Berg
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Friedrich Paul Berg » 1 decade 1 week ago (Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:10 pm)

Neander actually presumes to give a lecture about "serious scholarship" and accuses me of "quote-mining."

Quote-mining is the actual stock-in-trade of those like Neander who when asked for serious evidence about the alleged September, 1941 gassings at Auschwitz produce, aside from a mention of three Jews in a "Bunkerbuch," nothing more than q-u-o-t-e-s from supposed "eyewitnesses." On the basis of such quotes and nothing more, Leander actually parlayed the possible deaths of only three Jews into the mass gassing of 850 people.

To support the gassing theory that he believes in so firmly, Neander's method consists entirely of "quote-mining." He has absolutely nothing else. Have I missed anything at all here?

Friedrich Paul Berg
Learn everything at http://www.nazigassings.com
Nazi Gassings Never Happened! Niemand wurde vergast!
The Holocaust story is a hoax because 1) no one was killed by the Nazis in gas chambers, 2) the total number of Jews who died in Nazi captivity is miniscule compared to what is alleged.

joachim neander
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby joachim neander » 1 decade 1 week ago (Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:19 pm)

Sorry, Mr. Berg,
where did I take quotes out of their context?
And please, where in Se questo è un uomo? Levi expresses that he is afraid of the Russians?

Friedrich Paul Berg
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Friedrich Paul Berg » 1 decade 1 week ago (Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:53 pm)

I did NOT accuse Neander of taking "quotes out of context" but "quote-mining." His entire case for mass gassings is based entirely on "quote-mining."

As to Primo Levi, he may not have been afraid of the Russians since he was part of that minority of Jews who c-h-o-s-e to stay in Auschwitz.

Friedrich Paul Berg
The Holocaust story is a hoax because 1) no one was killed by the Nazis in gas chambers, 2) the total number of Jews who died in Nazi captivity is miniscule compared to what is alleged.

joachim neander
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby joachim neander » 1 decade 1 week ago (Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:52 pm)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fallacy_of_quoting_out_of_context
This definition shows that "quote-mining" is a synonym for "taking quotes out of their context."
So please show me where I did it.

Friedrich Paul Berg
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Friedrich Paul Berg » 1 decade 1 week ago (Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:41 pm)

The terminology "quote-mining" is quite new and will, I am sure, undergo many changes if it continues at all.

I regard Neander's total reliance on "eyewitness" testimony as a far more serious form of "quote-mining." Obviously, Neander has n-o-t-h-i-n-g better and must make the most of it. People do lie! I know that is hard to believe. "Eyewitness testimony" is not necessarily false but should be examined extremely carefully and critically, always.

ReaL evidence is documentary evidence, or forensic evidence, or physical evidence or scientific evidence. None of that supports the holocaust gassing claims. Even though Joachim Neander seems to work at Auschwitz surrounded by mountains of documentary materials and the physical remains of Auschwitz itself, he has found nothing to support the claim that even one person was ever killed in a gas chamber there, or anywhere else by the Nazis--except for "eyewitness" statements. Shame on Joachim Neander!

Friedrich Paul Berg

joachim neander
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby joachim neander » 1 decade 1 week ago (Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:58 pm)

Next Wednesday I will wear sackcloth and ashes and pray for your soul, Mr. Berg.

Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hannover » 1 decade 1 week ago (Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:01 pm)

Here's more on the fact that Jews were given a choice to stay and wait for the Soviets, or retreat with the SS ... most chose to retreat with the SS.

Was Auschwitz Liberated or Merely Occupied by the Red Army?
by Germar Rudolf
[email protected]

Jan. 26, 2005

In the book for which Elie Wiesel is most famous, namely "Night" (Bantam
paperback edition, 1960), which is required reading in many public schools across
the globe, Wiesel paints a horrendous picture of life in Auschwitz from April
1944 to January 1945 when he was there. Although many hundreds of thousands of Jews were supposedly gassed there during this time, Wiesel makes no mention of gassings or gas chambers anywhere in his book, as Jürgen Graf and Robert Faurisson have pointed out to us.

(Cf. the table compiled by J. Graf at the end of R. Faurisson, "Witnesses to
the Gas Chambers of Auschwitz," in: G. Rudolf (ed.), "Dissecting the
Holocaust," 2nd. ed., Theses & Dissertations Press, Chicago, IL, 2003, p. 144, http://www.vho.org/GB/Books/dth/fndwitness.html.)

He does however claim to have seen flames from the crematory chimneys and Dr. Mengele wearing a monocle. Both claims are clearly lies, since the Auschwitz crematories, fired with coke, could not produce flames that could travel trough 15 m of flue and 30 m of chimney (see Carlo Mattogno, "Flames and Smoke from the Chimneys of Crematoria," "The Revisionist" 2(1) (2004), pp. 73-78, http://www.vho.org/tr/2004/1/Mattogno73-78.html.).

When the Russians were about to overrun Auschwitz in January 1945, both Elie and his father "chose" to go west with the retreating 'Nazis' and SS rather than be "liberated" by America's greatest ally. They could have told the whole world about Auschwitz within days--but, both Elie and his father as well as countless thousands of other Jews chose instead to trek west with the 'Nazis' on foot at night in the middle of one of the coldest winters and continue working for the defense of the Reich thereafter. In effect, they chose to collaborate.

Some of Wiesel's exact words in "Night" are (p. 78 ):
"The choice was in our hands. For once we could decide our fate for
ourselves. We could both stay in the hospital, where I could, thanks to my doctor, get him [the father] entered as a patient or nurse. Or else we could follow the others. 'Well, what shall we do, father?' He was silent. 'Let's be evacuated with the others,' I told him."

Elie's tale in this regard is corroborated by other "survivor" accounts
including that of Primo Levi. In Levi's book "Survival in Auschwitz," we have his words for January 17th, 1945:

"It was not a question of reasoning: I would probably also have followed the instinct of the flock if I had not felt so weak: fear is supremely contagious, and its immediate reaction is to make one try to run away."

But he's talking here about running away with the 'Nazis'--and not 'Nazis'
who were mere rank and file party members but supposedly the worst of the worst. He's talking here about running away with the same 'Nazis' and SS who had supposedly carried out the greatest imaginable mass murders of Jews and others in the entire history of the universe. He's talking about running away with the people who supposedly did the actual killings of thousands daily for several years. But, according to his own words he would probably have gone with them nonetheless, except that he was not feeling good that day; he was feeling weak.
The "fear" that he overcame was clearly fear of the Russians and not the
'Nazis;' there is no mention of fear of what the 'Nazis' and SS might do when the evacuees entered the forest or sometime later.

The choices that were made here in January 1945 are enormously important. In the entire history of Jewish suffering at the hands of gentiles what moment in time could possibly be more dramatic than this precious moment when Jews could choose between, on the one hand, liberation by the Soviets with the chances to tell the whole world about the evil 'Nazis' and to help bring about their defeat--and the other choice of going with the 'Nazi' mass murderers and to con tinue working for them and to help preserve their evil regime. In the vast majority of cases, they chose to go with the 'Nazis'.

The momentous choice brings Shakespeare's Hamlet to mind:

"To remain, or not to remain; that is the question:" to remain and be liberated by Soviet troops and risk their slings and rifles in order to tell the whole world about the outrageous 'Nazis'--or, take arms and feet against a sea of cold and darkness in order to collaborate with the very same outrageous 'Nazis'. Oh what heartache--ay there's the rub! Thus conscience does make cowards of us all.

"In the entire history of Jewish suffering at the hands of gentiles ..." Of course one has to now wonder how accurate those claims of "suffering at the hands of gentiles" really were/are. Another reason why Jewish Supremacists don't want a discussion of the absurd 'holocaust' tales.

- Hannover
If it can't happen as alleged, then it didn't.

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”