Auschwitz Photo - is it real?

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
ginger
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Re: Auschwitz Photo - is it real?

Postby ginger » 1 decade 1 year ago (Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:16 pm)

To the jaded poster who says the photo I posted to the forum is old news – I still am chasing red herrings such as the photo I posted to the forum, which I found in a children’s book in the public library.

I wanted proof that I could present to the library.

I have always relied on the fact that the worst scenes were found in the German concentration camps where there were no gas chambers. Auschwitz, I believed, was fairly tame in comparison. I was hoping to have conclusive evidence that the photo was not from Auschwitz in order to confront the librarian, but old as this news may be to you, there is still no conclusive evidence that the photo is not from Auschwitz.

Even if I could show the librarian an identical photo with a caption “Corpses from Bergen-Belsen”, I would not expect the librarian, or the outside world, to be impressed. It’s likely that they were taught from childhood that hundreds of thousands of people were gassed at Auschwitz and they would be of the opinion that any method to pass the story onto the next generation is a good thing.

So I wish I had more conclusive proof that the photo is a fake. Meanwhile, thanks to the forum, I am back to believing that Auschwitz was fairly tame in comparison to the scenes from the German camps – and that there were no autopsies performed at Auschwitz to prove that people were gassed.

Pappy Yokum

Postby Pappy Yokum » 1 decade 1 year ago (Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:07 pm)

ginger wrote:I wanted proof that I could present to the library.

Found it!
http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2005-04/16/content_2836351.htm
Caption: "A photo dated April 1945 of the corps [sic] of the dead fellows piled in Bergen-Belsen concentration camp. "
Their Engrish needs a rittre porrishing.

Here are a couple more taken of the same wooded location at Bergen-Belsen where the bodies were dumped.

And another one from LIFE Magazine:

That means the photo is probably a real photo of Bergen-Belsen in April 1945, but a fake one of Auschwitz. The caption in the book makes it fake because the bodies are not those of gas chamber victims waiting to be cremated.

Don't worry about the librarian. Just take a pen and write an explanatory note in the margin of the page: "Bergen-Belsen, not Auschwitz" and put the book back on the shelf.

While you are at it, you can note that the crematory retorts pictured on the same page are from Buchenwald.

ginger
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby ginger » 1 decade 1 year ago (Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:55 am)

That's it! The exact photo - thanks so much, Pappy. (How did you do that?)

I still plan to confront the librarian and the library board and work to get the book removed from the shelves. Wish me luck.

Pappy Yokum

Postby Pappy Yokum » 1 decade 1 year ago (Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:05 pm)

ginger wrote:That's it! The exact photo - thanks so much, Pappy. (How did you do that?)

I still plan to confront the librarian and the library board and work to get the book removed from the shelves. Wish me luck.

I looked at the photo you posted earlier and did a Google image search for "Belsen." Then I paged through about 15 pages of thumbnails until I found it.
Good luck.

Rollo the Ganger

Postby Rollo the Ganger » 1 decade 1 year ago (Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:53 pm)

Here's an interesting tidbit regarding Bergen Belsen that I thought people might find "interesting". Maybe a little deception here? This posting on youtube used to have an all English version but not anymore. Somebody has taken the clip and dubbed it with German so loud you really can't hear what they are saying in English. Take a look and see if you can understand what the Reverend is saying about Bergen-Belsen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOG_rjRwZGk

You can't...intentionally. Why? Because this is what he said:

"I am the Reverend T.J. Stretch attached as padre to the formation
concerning this camp. My home is at Fishguard, my parish was at
Holy Trinity Church, Aberystwyth. I've been here eight days, and
never in my life have I seen such damnable ghastliness. This
morning we buried over five thousand bodies, we don't know who
they are. Behind me, you can see a pit which will contain another
five thousand. There are two others like it in preparation. All
these deaths have been caused by systematic starvation and typhus
and disease, which have been spread because of the treatment
meted out to these poor people by their SS guards and their SS
chief."

NOTE: "...ALL these deaths have been caused by systematic starvation and typhus and disease..." Not one word of gas-chambers. The person who dubbed this clip with German knew this little interview didn't quite jive with the holocaust stories and tried to hide it.

Pappy Yokum

Postby Pappy Yokum » 1 decade 1 year ago (Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:26 pm)

Rollo the Ganger wrote:NOTE: "...ALL these deaths have been caused by systematic starvation and typhus and disease..." Not one word of gas-chambers. The person who dubbed this clip with German knew this little interview didn't quite jive with the holocaust stories and tried to hide it.

The accusation that the deaths were caused by intentional starvation and spread of disease by the SS is false. The people died because Nazi Germany was in a state of collapse brought about by the war. Roosevelt declared only unconditional surrender would be accepted in 1943. This gave Germany reason to fight until the bitter end. The chaos of camps was part of the bitter end. There was no intentional starvation or spread of disease at Belsen. Belsen was designated as a sick camp. Sick prisoners were sent there. They died there. By the spring of 1945, Germany was exhausted. Supplying prison camps was not the highest priority. It was not systematic. It was consequential.

Pappy Yokum

Postby Pappy Yokum » 1 decade 1 year ago (Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:27 pm)

There were no gas chambers at Bergen-Belsen. Nobody seriously claims there were gas chambers at the camp and none of the bodies buried by the British were gassed.

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”