Zundel is released!

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
Inquisitive
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Zundel is released!

Postby Inquisitive » 9 years 7 months ago (Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:01 am)

Convicted Holocaust denier Zundel released

By GEORGE FREY (AP) – 2 hours ago

MANNHEIM, Germany — Far-right German activist Ernst Zundel was freed after serving five years in prison for denying the Holocaust ever happened — something he wouldn't speak about Monday.

The 70-year-old had been extradited in 2005 from Canada, where he spent some additional time behind bars on the German warrant after having been deported from the United States for alleged immigration violations.

A crowd of 20 supporters on Monday morning clapped and shouted "bravo" as Zundel emerged from the prison in Mannheim. Some handed him flowers as he passed through the prison's steel gates.

"I'm back out after seven years, three weeks, three prisons and three countries," Zundel said, declining to comment when asked whether the Holocaust happened. He also served some time in prison in North America.

"It's kind of a sad situation; there's a lot to say. I'll certainly be careful not to offend anyone and their draconian laws."

Zundel was convicted on 14 counts of inciting hatred for years of anti-Semitic activities, including contributing to a Web site devoted to denying the Holocaust — a crime in Germany. The Web site's accessibility made it possible for German prosecutors to charge him.

Zundel and his supporters had argued he was exercising his right to free speech.

On Monday he gave no details about his future plans, saying only that he wanted to improve his health and would return to his home region in the Black Forest.

"Having spent the last seven years in a 'chicken coop,' I've gained a lot of weight. I have to lose that. I have to get checked out in a hospital," Zundel told reporters outside the Mannheim prison, though did not indicate that he was ill.

He said he was unsure if he would return to Canada, where he had lived in both Toronto and Montreal for years after emigrating in 1958. He was rejected twice for Canadian citizenship and moved to Pigeon Forge, Tennessee, but was sent back to Canada in 2003.

In February 2005, a Canadian judge ruled that Zundel's activities were a threat to national security as well as "the international community of nations," clearing the way for his deportation to Germany later that year.

One of his lawyers on Monday criticized the five-year sentence in Germany as having been too severe, saying there had been a lack of justice due to the fact that the Holocaust is a sensitive subject in Germany.

"I'm happy that he made it," attorney Alexandra Rittershaus said. "It was a hard and frustrating time" during which she said he was initially not allowed to receive all of some 1,700 letters because officials feared it would "threaten his resocialization."

Supporters outside the prison called Zundel "a brave man" and "a victim of justice," while some maintained there still was no evidence that anyone was gassed to death at Nazi concentration camps during World War II.

Meanwhile, another Holocaust disputer had his Austrian prison sentence reduced Monday from five years to four. Austrian author Gerd Honsik — who wrote "Hitler Innocent?" — was sentenced in April after being arrested in Spain, to where he had fled following his original 1992 conviction for writings that defended Adolf Hitler's Third Reich.

A Vienna court ruled Monday that Honsik's five-year sentence was too hefty.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/art ... QD9E5S1D80

According to this, he's staying in Germany by choice or by force?

Hektor
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Re: Zundel is released!

Postby Hektor » 9 years 7 months ago (Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:25 am)

...Meanwhile, another Holocaust disputer had his Austrian prison sentence reduced Monday from five years to four. Austrian author Gerd Honsik — who wrote "Hitler Innocent?" — was sentenced in April after being arrested in Spain, to where he had fled following his original 1992 conviction for writings that defended Adolf Hitler's Third Reich....
Note the new term being used.
Is Zundel a German citizen? Does he have any other citizenship?

teutonsuet

Postby teutonsuet » 9 years 7 months ago (Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:43 am)

I hate to be the bearer of sad news, but don't expect Ernst Zundel or Germar Rudolph (revisionism's most protean practitioner-promoters) to return to the game ever again. They've been effectively sidelined forever. They're ex-cons now. If they're caught fraternizing with other known or suspected revisionists (or spotted driving within a square mile of a yeshiva) it's back to prison they go. I don't think they even dare correspond with others of a like mind. When was the last time anything was heard from David Cole or Fred Leuchter?

grenadier
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby grenadier » 9 years 7 months ago (Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:09 pm)

Let's hope that Zündel is finally allowed to rejoin his wife in the US and have a normal life.
Very few people would have withstood such hideous persecution without caving in!
An extremely brave man, one with a backbone, like very few these days...
Best of luck to him and shame on the ridiculous puppet police state of Germany! (while we are at it, shame on Canada too!)

Arsènelupin

Postby Arsènelupin » 9 years 7 months ago (Tue Mar 02, 2010 2:49 pm)

Zundel is a milestone in revisionism story. Because of the Toronto trial, we got the Leuchter report, Hilberg and Vrba cross examinations ruled by Douglass Christie and Robert Faurisson... some key moments.

Inquisitive
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Inquisitive » 9 years 7 months ago (Wed Mar 03, 2010 10:59 am)

Adding to the post above by Arsènelupin: The Zundelsite has transcripts of the trial itself;
http://www.zundelsite.org/dsmrd/dsmrdtoc.html
Christie decimates Hilberg: a tate of what you can find under OATH:
I want you to tell me, repeated Christie, if you know of one scientific report of the analysis of gas chambers that was used in conjunction with Zyklon B (hydrocyanic acid) for the killing of people?
"No, I don't know of any such report unless it is, you know, somewhere in the records of the Soviet Polish Investigation Commission of Lublin, Majdanek, because you have to remember that aside from the Lublin chambers, otherwise known as Majdanek, and the one Auschwitz chamber still in existence, there wouldn't be any -"
Judge Locke interrupted: "Doctor... do you know of such a report?"
"No," replied Hilberg.

The whole site, suggested Christie, was within the Soviet sphere of control, and nobody from the west was allowed into those camps to investigate, isn't that right?
"Well, I don't know of any requests made to investigate... When you say no one was allowed, it implies some request," said Hilberg. "... All I could say is, I know of no Western investigators early on in Auschwitz, or any of -- " (5-1072)
Treblinka?, asked Christie.
"Well, there was no more Treblinka in 1945."
Sobibor?
"That was no more."
Majdanek?
"Majdanek is another matter."
Was there anybody from the West that went to Majdanek?, asked Christie.
"Not to my knowledge."
Belzec?
"Belzec was the first camp to have been obliterated."
Chelmno or Stutthof?
"No, sir."
Auschwitz or Birkenau?
"No."
So isn't it the case, asked Christie, that all the physical objects in those camps were in the control of the Soviet Union and nobody else for some time after the war?
"Poland, yes," said Hilberg.

There is a font of information including the fact that no Hitler order or orders were ever found.
This if honest should have been put to rest years ago. There was no holocaust.

Thesaint
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Thesaint » 9 years 7 months ago (Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:32 am)

teutonsuet wrote:I hate to be the bearer of sad news, but don't expect Ernst Zundel or Germar Rudolph (revisionism's most protean practitioner-promoters) to return to the game ever again. They've been effectively sidelined forever. They're ex-cons now. If they're caught fraternizing with other known or suspected revisionists (or spotted driving within a square mile of a yeshiva) it's back to prison they go. I don't think they even dare correspond with others of a like mind. When was the last time anything was heard from David Cole or Fred Leuchter?

Ernst deserves to take it easy for the rest of his life.His great works will live on forever.Ditto Germar.
"We didn't call survivors," says Lipstadt, "because first of all we didn't want to subject them to cross-examination by this guy. He (Irving) would have destroyed them."
- Jerusalem Post 6/16/00

dinov

Postby dinov » 9 years 6 months ago (Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:33 pm)

Long and peaceful life to Zundel, he is a hero of the reason.

Thanks Zundel! Your enprisonment has helped the new world disputers to create strength to fight tyrany.

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”