The Jew and the pizza holocaust (unfunny) joke

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
Carto's Cutlass Supreme
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

The Jew and the pizza holocaust (unfunny) joke

Postby Carto's Cutlass Supreme » 9 years 2 months ago (Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:47 pm)

It's a mean and unfunny joke:

What's the difference between a Jew and pizza?
One screams when you put it in the oven.

But it's also evidence that a large number of Americans, and even larger number of early teens believed a worse version of the myth (that the Nazis burned the Jews alive) than the standard myth. Joseph Thon made the "burned alive" allegation early in the myth: April 1945, in a Congressional hearing, so it's not a fluke that people believed it. Burned alive was mentioned many other places.

I heard it as an early teen in the late 1970's. I'm curious if many others heard it and when (don't be too specific since this is an anonymous forum.)
Last edited by Carto's Cutlass Supreme on Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

disillusioned

Re: The Jew and the pizza holocaust (unfunny) joke

Postby disillusioned » 9 years 2 months ago (Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:11 pm)

This myth is still on-going. Ancestry.com just had a show on television called "Who do you think you are?" and one of the episodes featured actress Lisa Kudrow. Lisa went to Ilya, Belarus (I think its in Belarus) where she hears a story about people being burned alive, including a little girl that was pulled out from under a bed and thrown into the fire.

Which is complete bullshit, of course. The screaming could be heard for a whole day and a whole night or some such. Amazing how long someone can live after being stripped down naked an supposedly set on fire.

There are a number of articles on the internet with conflicting accounts of what occurred.

Kageki

Postby Kageki » 9 years 2 months ago (Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:33 pm)

I was thinking of writing about this actually.

I heard the joke from my Jewish friends I think in the 90s. My mother who grew up in Japan even knew about the "burning alive" story. It's also been one of the first things I associate with the Holocaust.

The Murrows news broadcast mentioned it. There is a movie called Apt Pupil which has a scene where the ex-Nazi tries to toss a cat in a burning oven.

I have also searched the internet and some do still claim that Nazis burned people alive although most seem to ignore it and explain that crematoriums are for dead bodies. The worst part about these kinds of allegations is how hard it is to determine the validity. Since Nazis are evil, it's easy for people to believe whatever they want and once the allegation is made, the damage has been done.

Carto's Cutlass Supreme
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Carto's Cutlass Supreme » 9 years 2 months ago (Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:36 pm)

Hi Kageki,

Do you mean Edward Murrow's broadcast from Buchenwald?

I remember reading the insinuation in the Nuremberg trial transcripts (if memory serves) with Smageleskaya sp? But not positive. I think it was babies burned alive.

I wonder if the joke was around in the 1960's.

jheitwler

Postby jheitwler » 9 years 2 months ago (Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:49 am)

I remember hearing the joke (from a friend who is Jewish) when I was in sixth grade. So that makes it the Fall 1973/Spring 1974. I heard about Jews being tossed alive into the ovens at least two years earlier from twelve or thirteen year old kid.
"First of all there is the fact that if we assume the Holocaust to have happened more or less as told, all the evidence becomes intelligible, while if we assume it was a hoax, most of the evidence does not make any sense." - Robert Jan Van Pelt

Kageki

Postby Kageki » 9 years 2 months ago (Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:58 am)

Carto's Cutlass Supreme wrote:Hi Kageki,

Do you mean Edward Murrow's broadcast from Buchenwald?

I remember reading the insinuation in the Nuremberg trial transcripts (if memory serves) with Smageleskaya sp? But not positive. I think it was babies burned alive.

I wonder if the joke was around in the 1960's.

Yes, but apparently I was wrong. I think I mixed it up with Wilder's documentary on Buchenwald.

Here is the Murrow report anyways:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYVn0hzcSs0

Maybe not entirely related, but scrapbookpages mentioned the Hansel and Gretel fairytale which I thought was interesting because that's a german fairlytale where the witch tries to throw the children in an oven. Perhaps it was plagiarized? :lol:

Inquisitive
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Inquisitive » 9 years 2 months ago (Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:10 am)

On a school trip they showed the students the Dachau ovens. The guide said they "threw people in alive" emphasis added.

Another person visited Auschwitz where she was told you can still
smell the bodies.
Only Jews leave a smell after all these years.

ps
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby ps » 9 years 2 months ago (Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:06 am)

About such things no one makes jokes, not even Moderator3. It was ruled out since time immemorial, that Jews are burned never alive. The proof of the Jew himself is already attested in the Bible in Daniel.

Precisely for this reason the Nazis had first to kill the Jews with the highly poisonous Zyklon B. After that the dead Jews could disintegrate in the white-glowing gas chambers and burned to ashes.

The Jews have been able easily go into the white-glowing gas chambers, but it was impossible to burn them alive.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5996&p=43522#p43522

Do you kill now my posting again, Moderator3, because you understand nothing?

Moderator3

Postby Moderator3 » 9 years 2 months ago (Tue Sep 21, 2010 3:58 pm)

ps:
Do you kill now my posting again, Moderator3, because you understand nothing?

We 'kill' your posts when they violate our very basic and openly stated guidelines, which you agreed to when you registered. This time, at least, you stayed on-topic. This time, at least, you actually commented instead of merely posting a link or quote.
Guidelines here: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=358

JustTheTruth

Postby JustTheTruth » 9 years 2 months ago (Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:34 pm)

Can I order my Pizza cooked in a diesel-powered oven?

vladkampfer

Postby vladkampfer » 9 years 2 months ago (Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:25 pm)

I'd prefer the steam-chamber cooked pizza; or perhaps they can modify their pedal-driven-brain-bashing machine in such a way that it creates heat and you could just move the pizza close to the apparatus.... or maybe it can be insta-cooked with the electrified floors... so many options, which one to choose!? :cheers:

Kageki

Postby Kageki » 8 years 9 months ago (Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:33 am)

http://historiography-project.com/clipp ... llion.html

It is impossible in the space here available to relate details of all the evidence of crimes we saw and heard, but for the benefit of those who have not had the opportunity to see with their own eyes, here is the story as it came from the lips of a German who had been a prisoner in Maidanek and was left behind by the retreating Germans. He is Hans Staub, a 31-year-old, tall, husky man with close-cropped hair, who had been imprisoned for engaging in black market meat operations in Germany.

Despite German orders that prisoners were to keep out of the crematorium area, he managed to slip inside the brick fence one day and secrete himself about the time a truck loaded with about a dozen persons drove up. Among them was a Polish woman he estimated to have been 28 or 29 years old.

The prisoners were guarded by tommy-gunners, who ordered them to alight from the truck and undress. The woman refused and this enraged Mussfeld, who beat her. She screamed and Mussfeld lost his temper, shouting, "I'll burn you alive."

According to Staub, Mussfeld then directed two attendants to grab the woman and bind her arms and legs. They then threw her on an iron stretcher, still clothed, and pushed her body into the oven.

"I heard one loud scream, saw her hair flame and then she disappeared into the furnace," Staub said.

It wasn't a Jew, but did this really happen?

Kingfisher
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Kingfisher » 8 years 9 months ago (Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:11 pm)

It wasn't a Jew, but did this really happen?

1. It's single source claimed 65 years after the events to have come via Soviet propaganda services, so it's anyone's guess.
2. It might have. It was wartime and extreme brutality happens in wartime.
3. If it did, as an isolated incident it proves nothing about anything except that incident.

Jazz

Postby Jazz » 8 years 9 months ago (Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:00 pm)

"I once saw DPs beat an SS man and then strap him to the steel gurney of a crematorium. They slid him in the oven, turned on the heat and took him back out. Beat him again, and put him back in until he was burnt alive. I did nothing to stop it. I suppose I could have brandished my weapon or shot in the air, but I was not inclined to do so. Does that make me an accomplice to murder?"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dachau_massacre

Poor man :(

Kageki

Postby Kageki » 8 years 9 months ago (Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:06 pm)

Kingfisher wrote:1. It's single source claimed 65 years after the events to have come via Soviet propaganda services, so it's anyone's guess.
2. It might have. It was wartime and extreme brutality happens in wartime.
3. If it did, as an isolated incident it proves nothing about anything except that incident.

It's from the NYTimes and the source was a German prisoner so where do you get this Soviet propaganda service?

Well I would still like to simply know if it's true or not although I understand that you don't know either. I don't think it's that easy to just brush it off that it might have happened. I suppose then Nazis might have tossed babies on to cremation fires and that the Japanese might have tossed babies on bayonets.

Personally I find it hard to believe it happened, but I was just wondering if anyone has any other information on this report.

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”