Michael Shermer's academic credentials questioned

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
Carolyn Yeager
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Michael Shermer's academic credentials questioned

Postby Carolyn Yeager » 9 years 3 weeks ago (Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:23 am)

Finally, someone is outing the defender of establishment lies. It's about time and it needs to be a thorough job.

http://truthjihad.blogspot.com/2010/10/ ... -hall.html
In Jewish history there are no coincidences ... Elie Wiesel
Learn more at http://eliewieseltattoo.com

Auschwitz: The Underground Guided Tour http://carolynyeager.net/auschwitz-unde ... uided-tour

The Warden
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Re: Michael Shermer's academic credentials questioned

Postby The Warden » 9 years 3 weeks ago (Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:31 am)

Carolyn Yeager, professional messenger shooter. :(

Shermer's work has never stood up to scrutiny, making him a nobody. Saying he should be investigated almost gives him previous implied credibility.
The only Shermer work I've ever encountered in discussion is the infamous "Convergence". Laughable.

http://www.vho.org/GB/c/CM/denying-history.html
Why the Holocaust Industry exists:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2A81P6YGw_c

Hektor
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hektor » 9 years 3 weeks ago (Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:27 pm)

Shooting down Shermers arguments may be easy game and he may have been a half weight in the past. But given that he also had it in for Holocaust revisionists upholding the orthodox position, I think it deserves a try. Said that isn't he upholding the orthodox position on almost everything? So what the hell justifies calling himself skeptic?!

Carolyn Yeager
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Carolyn Yeager » 9 years 3 weeks ago (Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:39 pm)

Hektor wrote:Shooting down Shermers arguments may be easy game and he may have been a half weight in the past. But given that he also had it in for Holocaust revisionists upholding the orthodox position, I think it deserves a try. Said that isn't he upholding the orthodox position on almost everything? So what the hell justifies calling himself skeptic?!

Exactly Hector. While people like us know Shermer is a quack, the vast public doesn't and take his Sceptic Magazine and his appearance in debates seriously. You're so right that his "skepticism" is only about non-orthodox views, or, in other words, directed at skeptics. :P

The fact that these 9/11 academics have discovered and are publishing that he has lied about having an adjunct professorship at Claremont College, and they are pledging to keep going with it, could be the end of Michael Shermer. And quite a blow to all that he has stood for. Not a fatal blow to either conspiracy/hoax, naturally, but another blow nevertheless. I think everyone understands this ... except for that warden guy who is still following me around.

I'm quite happy to have the 9/11 folks taking him on. The more they accomplish in exposing their "hoax," the better it is for us. They don't seem like they're anywhere near ready to give up, and in fact more and more of them are seeing the bigger picture and taking aim at the "Zionists."
In Jewish history there are no coincidences ... Elie Wiesel
Learn more at http://eliewieseltattoo.com

Auschwitz: The Underground Guided Tour http://carolynyeager.net/auschwitz-unde ... uided-tour

David Baker

Postby David Baker » 9 years 3 weeks ago (Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:48 pm)

Carolyn, at the very least, people who attack revisionists, or align fringe elements of society with the effort to verify historic events, should be honest about their own backgrounds. 9/11 Truth Movements aside, the ongoing research into the validity of Jewish Holocaust claims is being carried out by people from all walks of life: Academics, historians, scientists and amateur researchers like myself. It seems those who 'profess' superiority over us by virtue of their credentials arrogantly believe we haven't the brains to question their educational backgrounds. One particular PhD I questioned boasted of his degree from a prominent university. A little research on my part uncovered an interesting fact: There is no mention of this person on that university webpage. You would surmise that someone who purports to be a staunch defender of orthodox Holocaust history, and who claims authority on this subject, would be displayed prominently on a university alumni roster, particularly a university devoted to Jewish post-graduate studies.

Hektor
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hektor » 9 years 3 weeks ago (Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:44 am)

Holocaustians like to play the "credential" joker and in fact it seems the "credentials" are far more important to them then the facts and arguments. Too bad that pointing out or asking for credentials (or lack thereof) isn't actually a scientifically argument. On the other hand feeding them their own medicine is more then OK, especially, when it involves the fraudulent use of credentials to make a point.

Hektor
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hektor » 9 years 3 weeks ago (Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:34 pm)

You most likely touched on a sensitive nerve, when trying to check the credentials.

Interestingly, this Hana Brady was allegedly gassed, too:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hana_Brady
The evidence I suspect is of the shermerian kind, convergence of evidence: "She was in Auschwitz, she was never seen again, so she must have been gassed, since all the others that went missing were gassed."

David Baker

Postby David Baker » 9 years 3 weeks ago (Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:30 pm)

Hektor,

In my effort to obtain valid evidence of the Holocaust, the names of victims was a priority, NOT because of the names themselves, rather, it is important to find either documented evidence to support the theory of those persons being gassed (And I did specify that the persons so named were allegedly gassed) or an eyewitness to said gassing. So many Jews died of disease, it is possible that the documents recording their death will debunk the gassing theories, so we're not going to be allowed to view them. We'll be made privy to such 'smoking gun' evidence as those plans displayed by Israel's leaders that specify a Gas Chamber at Auschwitz. However, I don't think we'll get our hands on those plans any time soon....

Hektor
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hektor » 9 years 2 weeks ago (Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:12 am)

Asking for ONE name of ONE Jew GASSED in AUSCHWITZ is a good way to demonstrate the character of the emperors new clothes to newbies. I've asked Nizkor's Ken McVay about it more then ten years ago and I got back a vitriolic answer - not a name.

If there'd be conclusive, verifiable evidence for homicidal gassings at the facilities in Auschwitz, we'd been shown that evidence long ago.

That brings us back to Shermers favorite line of evidence. The "convergence of evidence" points at no homicidal gassings in Auschwitz or any camp for that matter. That should be the main area of focus, but people are going to take more note of Shermer lying about his credentials.

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”