Fritjof Meyer

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
Hebden
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Hebden » 1 decade 6 years ago (Tue Jan 18, 2005 7:54 pm)

Your figures seem somewhat awry, but what needs to be addressed is Mr. Meyer's claim:

Many members of these transports were not killed, however. Perhaps the best know member of these transports is Simone Veil, whose transport arrived in Auschwitz on 13th March 1944. She subsequently served as President of the European Council. In the third edition of her Kalendarium der wichtigsten Ereignisse (Dates of the Most Important Events) published by Dlugoborski/Piper in 1999, Band V pages 184-, this entire transport is missing, as well as the very large transports from France in August and September 1942. For this reason I relied entirely on the corrected Second Edition of 1989.

Does the new Kalendarium omit mention of the transport including Ms. Veil because of a simple confusion over dates?

Does anyone have access to the third edition?

Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hannover » 1 decade 6 years ago (Tue Jan 18, 2005 8:13 pm)

Hebden said:
Your figures seem somewhat awry, but what needs to be addressed is Mr. Meyer's claim:

[that]
"Many members of these transports were not killed, however. Perhaps the best know member of these transports is Simone Veil, whose transport arrived in Auschwitz on 13th March 1944. She subsequently served as President of the European Council. In the third edition of her Kalendarium der wichtigsten Ereignisse (Dates of the Most Important Events) published by Dlugoborski/Piper in 1999, Band V pages 184-, this entire transport is missing, as well as the very large transports from France in August and September 1942. For this reason I relied entirely on the corrected Second Edition of 1989."

Not really, considering Meyer's absurdities in claiming some were not gassed while others were. There is no evidence for any gassings as repudiation of Meyer in this thread has shown.

- Hannover
If it can't happen as alleged, then it didn't.

Sailor
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Sailor » 1 decade 6 years ago (Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:18 pm)

Hebden wrote:Does the new Kalendarium omit mention of the transport including Ms. Veil because of a simple confusion over dates?

Does anyone have access to the third edition?

I have only an English edition of the book titled: "Auschwitz Chronicle 1939-1945" translated in 1990 from the German edition titled "Kalendarium der Ereignisse im Konzentrationslager Auschwitz-Birkenau, 1930-1945", 1989.

It does not say which edition, but I assume that the English version is translated from the 2. edition in German. It does not include a section with the "Most Important Events". Sorry, can't help.

By the way: Your hair cut seems rather short. :D

Carto's Cutlass Supreme
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Carto's Cutlass Supreme » 1 decade 6 years ago (Wed Jan 19, 2005 3:18 am)

Hi Hebden,

I've read a lot of your past posts. Glad you're still posting. Who is that a picture of anyway?

Scott
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Scott » 1 decade 6 years ago (Wed Jan 19, 2005 5:51 pm)

Curiously he looks like Ivan the Demjanjuk.

:D

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”