Alternative names for "Holocaust"

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
Eisberg

Alternative names for "Holocaust"

Postby Eisberg » 8 years 9 months ago (Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:52 am)

Hi All,

as my introduction to this forum I would like to submit all alternative names I have found for the word holocaust so far. You know, the official designation is "Holocaust", but there are many alternative versions of that :D .

I think different names could tell us a little about the directions research has taken and something about individual opinions on the subject. Although some names are difficult to write :wink:

Maybe you could deliver one or more names and supplement the list? By the way, what is your personal favorite?

Thanks in advance! So, here's my first list... (only loosely ordered)

Holocaust :shock: (the official version)
"Holocaust"
holocaust
Holocaust™
Holocaust®
Holocaust©
holo cau$t
Ho £ocau$t™
Hollowcost
hollow co$t
Holyco$t
holoco$t
Hoaxacaust
Hoaxaco$t
Holy Hoax
holohoax
holo-crap
holo-masterpiece
holo-bullshit
Hollowcrap
Holotale
Holo circuit
holy Shoah
Showah
Holo Story
holo fairytale
holofable
holo-c\fiction
holo-kosher
holo-terror
h.c.
JHV (Jewish Holocaust Version)
holo-history
holo-mircacles
"Yes, it was not true. But in my mind it was true." - Herman Rosenblat

Ilikerealhistory
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Re: Alternative names for "Holocaust"

Postby Ilikerealhistory » 8 years 9 months ago (Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:11 pm)

Here are some more.

holo caustic
hoaxocaustic
hoaxocau$t
Hemorrhoido cyst {or Hemroidocyst} - (sometimes spelled "Abe Foxman")
Showahshinola
Jews little secret
Israels little secret
Hades's cast (i.e. Satan's actors)

Eisberg

Postby Eisberg » 8 years 8 months ago (Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:06 pm)

thanks for your ideas.

Well, it seems we can divide the famous word in two elements: holo and caust.

On the one hand, its something like hoax for holo, in several versions, and then diverse combinations of caust, such as cau$t, for example.

Then there are more descriptive and interpretative ones, such as "Israels little secret", "Hades cast" and so forth. They take the basic idea a step further, but leave the connection to the actual source word, etymologically speaking :wink:

Then there are some words which rely on some insider knowledge. I personally do not know who Abe Foxman is or was. And what is shinola of the word "Showahshinola"?

Lohengrin
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Lohengrin » 8 years 8 months ago (Mon Dec 20, 2010 6:14 pm)

It has indeed a multitude of advantages, if revisionists only use one uniform phrase for the (Jewish Version of) "the Holocaust" in articles, studies, books, etc.

In my opinion the "Jewish Holocaust Version" (JHV) will do, because it is correct, clear and covers all of it.

holographic
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby holographic » 8 years 8 months ago (Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:24 pm)

In relation to the modern campus and comparitive studies? The historians obviously dismiss revisionists as malevolent cranks with a hidden aganda. They obviously do this because they're unbiased.

LOLocaust

Eisberg

Postby Eisberg » 8 years 8 months ago (Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:43 am)

I think the idea of a common name is interesting. But I also think this is a goal difficult to reach, since there are so many different strands of thoughts appearing in the internet nearly everywhere, such as in blogs, forums, comments and so on. And I am only talking about the alternative media here, not the orthodox hearsay version adopted from Wiesel and Co.

We would have to find a name that is somehow convincing enough to be used by at least a majority of people. And in order to achieve that we would have to derive at a common denominator first, because there's always some kind of idea each name carries with it. So we'd have to discuss what the h-thing actually is, what it really is.

But that, let's put it that way, is proved to be difficult. Just take a look at this forum, for example, where people tried to discuss whether the holocaust was a lie, a hoax or something else, and at what kind of stage this discussion ended. And do not forget that the whole purpose of this forum is somehow to achieve exactly that, to derive at a conclusion here, a truism. Otherwise there would be no need of a forum.

Of course the possibility remains that people would arrive at a common name somehow automatically sooner or later, to be adapted by at least a majority. But once again, I do not see this happening right now. So far we have to pick a name individually. It's everyones choice. And I do not think that's very bad either, because it allows for some creativity.

Ilikerealhistory
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Ilikerealhistory » 8 years 8 months ago (Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:35 pm)

Eisberg wrote:
Then there are some words which rely on some insider knowledge. I personally do not know who Abe Foxman is or was. And what is shinola of the word "Showahshinola"?

Abe Foxman: http://www.adl.org/ Image

Shinola is a shoe polish from the 1920's. There is an old saying in the US: "You(someone) doesn't know shit from Shinola." It means someone doesn't know the difference between shoe polish and dog crap, or they don't know what they are taking about: Sometimes also refereed to as "talking shit." Because of that phrase, Shinola has now become a slang term for shit/crap.

Thesaint
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Thesaint » 8 years 8 months ago (Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:09 pm)

If it was up to me,the "holocaust" in CODOH`s title would have quotation marks as well.

You`ll never improve on holohoax.

Accurate,succinct,and no wiggle room for weasel words.
"We didn't call survivors," says Lipstadt, "because first of all we didn't want to subject them to cross-examination by this guy. He (Irving) would have destroyed them."
- Jerusalem Post 6/16/00

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”