Disease in Camps

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
J William
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Disease in Camps

Postby J William » 1 decade 5 years ago (Mon Nov 17, 2003 8:09 am)

I have just read about the baby food scare in Kosher baby food in Israel and New York City (on the Jewish Telegraphic Agency Web Site-www.JTA.org). It seems that there was only 10% of the daily vitamin B1 contained in the food rather than 100%.
The quote that is enlightening to me is: "Compounding the panic in Israel was the fact the manufacturing firm, Humana, was German and the fatal disease was beriberi, an ailment that ran rampant in World War II internment camps."
The disease is blamed for several deaths in Israel although I always assumed babies were given vitamins in addition to what they recieved in solid foods. It would appear that Beriberi was just another means by which WWII internees became statistics in the death books.

Kilroy

Postby Kilroy » 1 decade 5 years ago (Tue Nov 25, 2003 3:10 am)

Wasn't it disease that killed the people shown in those photos that are said to be proof of the Holocaust? And since they were diseased they couldn't be buried because of groundwater contamination, and there was no fuel for cremation. Something like that, yes?

Kilroy

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”