WHY NO INSTITUTIONS FOR SLAVERY?

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
code yellow
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

WHY NO INSTITUTIONS FOR SLAVERY?

Postby code yellow » 1 decade 5 years ago (Tue Nov 18, 2003 9:13 pm)

:? Hello freinds.I just went to a web site out of curiosity and found that the US government has thwarted all efforts to set up a memorial museum dedicated to slavery victims,but finaly one is in the works for south Carolina for 2004(About time!).Lynching victims have no memorial museums,victims of the Salem witch trials have a memorial stone wall that I beleave was erected,and the victims freed of their crime accusations in late 1980(about time!).But lo and behold,thanks to Hannover enlightening me I found out that their are over 100 institutions dedicated to the holocaust in the US alone,obviously erected in the course of 60 years.Now,if that doesn't tell you something,I don't know what will.Any insight will be apreciated.

Rutger

Re: WHY NO INSTITUTIONS FOR SLAVERY?

Postby Rutger » 1 decade 5 years ago (Sun Nov 23, 2003 7:07 pm)

code yellow wrote:victims of the Salem witch trials have a memorial stone wall that I beleave was erected,and the victims freed of their crime accusations in late 1980(about time!)

Not exactly. In interests of historical accuracy, all Salem witches but 6 received full Governatorial amnesty in 1711 (of the remaining 6, one was exonerated sometime in the 1960s, and five in 2001).

The Witch Trial Memorial is indeed a large stone wall and it was dedicated in 1992, to mark 300th anniversary of this tragic event.
"...Against stupidity the gods themselves struggle in vain..." /Friedrich Schiller/

code yellow
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Re: WHY NO INSTITUTIONS FOR SLAVERY?

Postby code yellow » 1 decade 5 years ago (Tue Nov 25, 2003 9:21 am)

Rutger wrote:
code yellow wrote:victims of the Salem witch trials have a memorial stone wall that I beleave was erected,and the victims freed of their crime accusations in late 1980(about time!)

Not exactly. In interests of historical accuracy, all Salem witches but 6 received full Governatorial amnesty in 1711 (of the remaining 6, one was exonerated sometime in the 1960s, and five in 2001).

The Witch Trial Memorial is indeed a large stone wall and it was dedicated in 1992, to mark 300th anniversary of this tragic event.
:) Thanks for the correction,Iam always willing to learn something new,but I think that is besides my point.One would probably be lead to think what the $NEED$ is for so many of these holocaust institutions?If there is enough governmental concearn over this alleged attrocity to grant these institutions,why the obvious less concearn over victims of attrocities that happened right here at home?

Kilroy

Postby Kilroy » 1 decade 5 years ago (Tue Nov 25, 2003 10:54 am)

When there is money to be made things get strange.

What's important about Salem is that there were witch trials in the first place, not the few pardons out the many that were executed. Salem is but one example.

It should also be noted that witch trials and the acceptance of witchcraft and sorcery as fact lasted for centuries. From what I can see I doubt the 'holocaust as alleged' (as one person here always specifies) will last that long.

Kilroy

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”