Holocaust survivors demanding facebook censor revisionist pa

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
sans concession
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Holocaust survivors demanding facebook censor revisionist pa

Postby sans concession » 8 years 3 months ago (Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:07 am)

Holocaust survivors demanding facebook censor revisionist pages

Holocaust survivors have issued a "plea" to Facebook to "deny access to their powerful social networking platform to anyone promoting" the notion that the Holocaust should be denied or that it was a hoax.

raed more :

http://digitallife.today.com/_news/2011 ... nial-pages

People need to ask themselves, why are they so desperate to keep people from knowing the truth about the Holocaust?

Send a Card to Imprisonned Revisionists

We would be grateful to you for sending a word of support and encouragements.

ADDRESSES

Bonesy

Re: Holocaust survivors demanding facebook censor revisionis

Postby Bonesy » 8 years 3 months ago (Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:56 am)

It comes as no surprise really. FB groups daring to challenge the orthodox Holocaust™ story on that website are usually taken down swiftly.

I'm glad I don't use that site.
"You can't convince a believer of anything; for their belief is not based on evidence, it's based on a deep-seated need to believe." - Carl Sagan

sans concession
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby sans concession » 8 years 3 months ago (Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:20 pm)

Facebook firm on Holocaust denial pages, despite survivors’ letter

Facebook, citing free speech, has rejected a request by Holocaust survivors to remove some pages that espouse Holocaust denial.

Read more :

http://www.jta.org/news/article/2011/07 ... ors-letter

Send a Card to Imprisonned Revisionists

We would be grateful to you for sending a word of support and encouragements.

ADDRESSES

Kingfisher
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Kingfisher » 8 years 3 months ago (Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:29 am)

Jews are heavily represented in the ownership and management of Facebook, so all the more credit to them for having the courage of their principles.

Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hannover » 8 years 3 months ago (Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:52 pm)

Kingfisher wrote:Jews are heavily represented in the ownership and management of Facebook, so all the more credit to them for having the courage of their principles.

I doubt if it's "courage", but more likely that censoring Revisionist inquiry results in bringing more attention to Revisionist inquiries, which is what has happened worldwide in lieu of European Thought Crime laws.

Kingfisher may be correct, but I'd like to see data to support the assertion:
Jews are heavily represented in the ownership and management of Facebook

Then there's this absurdity:
“We, the undersigned, are Holocaust Survivors who saw our parents, children and loved ones brutally murdered by the Nazis during the Holocaust,” the letter begins. “We are writing to you to protest Facebook’s policy that categorizes Holocaust denial as 'free speech,' rather than the shameless, cynical, and hateful propaganda that it is.”

A how could that have been possible when according to storyline it was all a huge secret.

And then how could these Jews have 'survived' when the storyline states that there was a 'policy of exterminating every Jew the Germans could get their hands on'.

The endless numbers of 'survivors' = no 'holocaust' as alleged.

"Shameless, cynical, and hateful propaganda", perfectly describes the impossible as alleged 'holocaust' tales.

My my, how some people love the special status, political power, preferential treatment, and cash they receive from making claims which cannot be substantiated on a level playing field.

- Hannover
If it can't happen as alleged, then it didn't.

Kingfisher
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Kingfisher » 8 years 3 months ago (Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:53 pm)

Hannover wrote:
Kingfisher wrote:Jews are heavily represented in the ownership and management of Facebook, so all the more credit to them for having the courage of their principles.

I doubt if it's "courage", but more likely that censoring Revisionist inquiry results in bringing more attention to Revisionist inquiries, which is what has happened worldwide in lieu of European Thought Crime laws.

That's a "have your cake and eat it" argument, since they are opposing pressure from Jewish sources.
Hannover wrote:Kingfisher may be correct, but I'd like to see data to support the assertion:
Jews are heavily represented in the ownership and management of Facebook

I am. Check in Wikipedia. Zuckerberg is very much the best known and has 24% ownership. Most of the other owners are corporate but next individual is Dustin Moskowitz. (They are two of the four founders.) Other small shareholders include Matt Cohler, Reid Hoffman and Jeff Rothschild. Key management personnel include Sheryl Sandberg. No problem with this; just a matter of arithmetic. As I said, with a strong Jewish influence there it's good to see them take a stand.

I suspect that a good proportion of younger Jews are secular and non-sectarian. In fact Jews are prominent in Internet services like Google and YouTube, but, despite some issues, neither puts a blanket ban on Revisionism like the MSM do. Some videos get taken down, but a fair number don't. Without Google and YouTube I would know nothing about Revisionism and still believe the story.
Hannover wrote:Then there's this absurdity:
“We, the undersigned, are Holocaust Survivors who saw our parents, children and loved ones brutally murdered by the Nazis during the Holocaust,” the letter begins. “We are writing to you to protest Facebook’s policy that categorizes Holocaust denial as 'free speech,' rather than the shameless, cynical, and hateful propaganda that it is.”

A how could that have been possible when according to storyline it was all a huge secret.

Of course it's an absurdity. But your "Then..." is misplaced as it's a quote from the petition FaceBook rejected.

stefanob

Postby stefanob » 8 years 3 months ago (Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:02 pm)

Those ones are too powerful Jews, can't be just kidnapped by the ADL-JDL thugs like poor David Cole.
I am not a native english speaker, so please forgive errors and weird syntax

Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hannover » 8 years 3 months ago (Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:42 pm)

- I thank Kingfisher for his breakdown of ownership and management of Facebook, I see no reason to doubt his findings.

- Kingfisher said:
That's a "have your cake and eat it" argument, since they are opposing pressure from Jewish sources.

Is that what they're all about?
Facebook representative Barry Schnitt in a CNN interview:

“One thing to consider that someone actually mentioned in the thread was the idea that there may be a benefit to having these ideas discussed in the open. Would we rather Holocaust denial was discussed behind closed doors or quietly propagated by anonymous sources? Or would we rather it was discussed in the open on Facebook where people’s real names and their photo is associated with it for their friends, peers, and colleagues to see?”
http://mashable.com/2009/05/10/facebook ... st-denial/
Real "courage" indeed.

- Yes, I know my quote is from the letter that was sent, as linked to by sans concession, which is a main feature of the thread.
http://www.jta.org/news/article/2011/07 ... ors-letter
It was not directed at Kingfisher, has nothing to do with my "courage" skepticism, as should be obvious by the contents of the points that I make about the quote.

- Hannover
If it can't happen as alleged, then it didn't.

Kingfisher
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Kingfisher » 8 years 3 months ago (Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:24 pm)

Hannover wrote:
Facebook representative Barry Schnitt in a CNN interview:

“One thing to consider that someone actually mentioned in the thread was the idea that there may be a benefit to having these ideas discussed in the open. Would we rather Holocaust denial was discussed behind closed doors or quietly propagated by anonymous sources? Or would we rather it was discussed in the open on Facebook where people’s real names and their photo is associated with it for their friends, peers, and colleagues to see?”
http://mashable.com/2009/05/10/facebook ... st-denial/
Real "courage" indeed.
- Hannover

Thanks for that quote. I can see why you are concerned about it. Revisionists are often criticised for their anonymity, but you and I know the very good reasons of self-protection behind it. However, your legitimate concerns and suspicions are only part of the story.

If we apply some textual criticism, such as was Faurisson's speciality, we have to ask some questions about the text: Who said it? Who did they say it to? Who did they say it for? (Not always the same thing.) Where and when did they say it? Why did they say it? Etc.

We take as a given that the world in general knows that "Holocaust Deniers " are lying, Nazi, Jew-hating scumbags who don't deserve a hearing. (Unfortunately, a significant and very voluble proportion appear by their Internet postings to confirm that image. Because of the censorship, the public know nothing of Rassinier, J G Burg, Leuchter, Rudolf, Mattogno, Kues, Dalton, Crowell, etc.) Jews believe this but in spades. Jewish pressure groups tenfold more.

Here we have a representative of a very successful, largely Jewish business, who is, quite possibly, Jewish himself, having to defend to the public, but most particularly to those very powerful Jewish groups, why his organisation is not willing to do as they demand. These groups are accustomed, when they say "Jump!", to be asked "How high?" He has to phrase his refusal in terms that have some chance of getting through to these people, or at least countering them in their own terms.

Facebook could easily court popularity by going along with the taboo.. So far they are resisting, even though we know they are no friends of Revisionism. Not everyone who is not for us is against us, and even some who are against us respect our right to put our case. For the time being FaceBook seem to be in that last category. It is rare for the taboo to be challenged in this way. We should be positive toward them for that.

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”