Shoah survivor fights Palestinian state

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
Jazz

Postby Jazz » 8 years 2 months ago (Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:11 am)

Published: 09.20.11, 08:30 / Israel Jewish Scene

60 world leaders, urging them to oppose the Palestinian UN statehood bid.

"You will lead the people of Israel to an existential threat, just like before the Holocaust," warned Alexander Speizer, who survived the Auschwitz and Dachau concentration camps.

To each letter he added a drawing of the Israeli flag and the sentence, "Holocaust survivor No. 79658."

He says he has already received responses from the Indian president and Irish prime minister.

Speizer added in the letter, "I survived the death camps miraculously. Six million people were not as lucky as me. They were victims of the Holocaust just because they were Jewish."

He told Yedioth Ahronoth on Sunday, "A Palestinian state, once established, will have one goal – to destroy Israel.

"I want the world leaders' fingers to tremble before they vote for a Palestinian state. I want them to understand that any effort to infiltrate another people into Israel, which will destroy Israel, will never bring about peace but rather increase hatred."

Source: http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340 ... 46,00.html

I wonder if he sent a letter to President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad :shock:

Barrington James
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Re: Shoah survivor fights Palestinian state

Postby Barrington James » 8 years 2 months ago (Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:06 pm)

It is only the people who have never experienced the loss of a child who could ever wish that fate upon someone else. It is only those who have never known the misery of seeing friends , relatives, parents or children killed who could ever kill another human’s loved one. And yet that is what war, revolutions, “bringing democracy” or any other such crimes do. The very fact that the time from Auschwitz to Deir Yassin was less than three years, as much as anything, is what makes me doubt so much the extreme claims of these relative few so called holocaust survivors. The millions of people who survived the war as soldiers or internees, unlike the impostors who wish death upon their fellow man, would never wish war or death on anyone. I would be more than willing to accept that fact that these impostors survived the war in relative safety somewhere other than I would believe any of their claims. Certainly hundreds of thousands of people died in the camps of disease or starvation, but those who were there know that tens of millions died during the war, that the holocaust suffering was not alone, that several million German Nationals all throughout Europe died after the war, including several million German soldiers in the Eisenhower and Stalin death camps. They know that Japan was A bombed. They know that since WW2 hundreds of millions have died in wars from Korea and Vietnam to Iraq, Libya and soon to be Iran, which will no doubt kill tens of millions, and that these deaths have solved nothing. Neither war nor hate is ever the solution; nor would those who "know" , those who have experienced the horrors first hand, not through the telling of myths, wish it to be so. The tragedy of Zionism is a double sword: it has destroyed the lives of millions of Palestinians and the souls of millions of Jews.

The solution to the problems of the world will be found in sharing, love, respect and peace. The Golden Rule is still golden, it is still the answer. Those who have experienced the actions of hate know this to be true.
You can fool too many of the people most of the time.

mincuo

Postby mincuo » 8 years 2 months ago (Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:53 pm)

Great words, Barrington James. Hats off
Beati monoculi in terra caecorum

borjastick
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby borjastick » 8 years 2 months ago (Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:47 pm)

He told Yedioth Ahronoth on Sunday, "A Palestinian state, once established, will have one goal – to destroy Israel.

People like this man deal in fear. Fear of the past and fear of the same happening in the future. Of course the above statement by the man is complete nonsense, but to the shivering masses of Israel he will get a credible audience. The only goal of a Palestinian state will be to serve the people and grow the country economically and socially into a strong democracy. They will want a good education and healthcare system, something the Jews in Israel have tried so very hard to destroy over the years. They will want freedom to travel and they will want respect and decency.

The last thing they will want is the destruction of Israel. Unlike the Israelis who have had one goal since oh about 1948 which is to crush the Palestinians step by step.

If you want proof of this just google speeches of David Ben Gurion. You will be shocked by the anger, bitterness and hatred he expressed against a people who were wholly dispossessed of their own land and treated brutally by us Brits and the founders of Israel.

I have supported Palestinian charities for the children, for many years and will continue to do so. I hope that a true Palestinian state comes into being within the next few years. Perfect it won't be but proud and committed it most certainly will be. I just hope they don't ask for reparations against us Brits otherwise our debt ratio will increase massively!
'Of the four million Jews under Nazi control in WW2, six million died and alas only five million survived.'

'We don't need evidence, we have survivors' - israeli politician

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”