My experiences with "Holocaust" teaching in schools

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
Mkk
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

My experiences with "Holocaust" teaching in schools

Postby Mkk » 8 years 3 months ago (Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:35 am)

Hello, I'm a new user to this forum, but I've been lurking for a few weeks. :) As the topic title dictates, in the following I will share with you the rather shocking Holohoax indoctrination in schools and on one school trip. This is all from memory, and most of this is from before the time as a non-believer.

I remember teaching of such proven frauds as the soap, shrunken heads, and lampshades from skin story's. I believed them all, of course, at the time. It's unbelievable, considering NO historian believes in these anymore. We were also presented with the Anne Frank story without any considerations that some of it may be faked, or even a mention of that possibility. In one of the R.E rooms, the walls are decorated with pictures of what looks like Auschwitz- although, when further inspected, they reveal nothing suspicious. On the back wall of the room is a display of "Holocaust survivors", whose "stories" are presented in images in the shape of the Jewish star. In another R.E room, (notice the R.E room theme. Because we all know the religious nature of the HolyCo$t) there is a poster on the Holocaust, which claims (with the underlined words being much bigger for impact) that "The Holocaust was one of the most shocking events of the 20th century.". Of course, they neglect to mention that more people died in the bombing of one city (Dresden) then what probably died in ALL the concentration camps.

The theme of propaganda continues in the History room. On the walls of one of the rooms, are three newspaper clippings. One reads "The Evil rivalry of the odd couple" (on Hitler and Mussolini). Yes, it HAS to be the EVIL rivalry of the odd couple, doesn't it :roll: ? Last time I checked they were pretty sincere friends and so was the Germanic- Italian alliance. Another reads "Last days of Hitler, the joking dictator". Just one comment on this, but was he really a dictator? Another reads "Jewish outrage at auction of Hitlers possessions" or something along those lines. Yes, it's a Jewish outrage because only they seem to care about stuff like this.

The Anti-Nazi Holocaust propaganda continues with the teachers themselves. They love to roll out the Nazis to illustrate whatever pro-tolerance, pro-multiculturalism, anti- keeping your own culture and heritage point they want to make. My R.E teacher loves to do this. His understanding of history is so poor, I can barely stop myself from shouting out and correcting him. For example, one time (I can't remember the setup to this point), he was talking about "The Allies attempts at appeasements of Hitler, but eventually they had to go to war" or something along those lines. Of course, because completely ignoring all peace requests before and after the war, violating the Versailles treaty (which the allies did before Germany) not appeasing the, in hindsight, fairly modest and reasonable requests from German land and people to be returned to Germany, is appeasement. Yeah, right.

My history teacher, who you think would know better, is the same. In Citizenship, she asked us "who perpetrated the biggest Genocide of all time?". Of course, the whole room whispered "Hitler...". Even if the 6 million Holocaust story was true, it wouldn't be the largest genocide in history. I don't know about ancient history, where there may have been larger genocides, but, for just two examples, how about Stalin? Way, way, more than 6 million of his own people. And the Germans just before and after the war! Civilians and prisoners of war, all either killed, or left to die in easily preventable conditions the allies had brought about single handedly. :roll: It's not agreed, how many Germans died this way, but I'll go with the middle estimate of 15 million.

A few months back (I was still a believer), on a school trip I visited the Holocaust Museum in Nottingham. A few remarks:

-One part of the museum was a real masterwork of hatred propaganda. I have the photo in front of me: It's a Swastika flag, and imposed on front are various anti-Jewish statements in both German and then English. What's the point? I can guarantee it's not to teach a bit of German. It's to make people associate Nazism (which they think of as pure evil) with the German language, and in extension the Germans themselves. Call me paranoid, but in my mind that is the ONLY reason to put some German there.

-There was a outside garden, which was quite pretty at least. It was for thinking about the supposed atrocities seen in the museum part. Ah yes, emotion, the only thing holding up the Holocaust story anymore.

- In one part of the museum, there was a map of one of the concentration camps (probably Auschwitz). I can't comment on it, otherwise that part of it had blue ground. My German teacher (a fanatical Nazi hater, and a believer) asked me what the blue was. Semi-Jokingly, I said "A swimming pool, maybe?". She replied "Why would there be swimming pools in death camps?". Why indeed. :roll:

-My German teacher gave us a short lecture on the "evil" of Hitler and the Nazis, full of all the old misconceptions about Nazism, including "If Hitler was going to kill everyone without blue eyes and blond hair, why didn't he kill himself?" (Not true. The Nazis did want to breed the Germans and Nordics together, with blond hair and blues eyes and desirable traits, but nobody can seriously claim all people without were to be killed) and all the rest.

We also met "Holocaust Survivor" Rudi Oppenheimer. His account seems fairly believable to me. He talked about his childhood, I can't see any reason for him to make that up, and his transportation. He didn't claim the camp he was at (I forgot the one) had a gas chamber; he specifically said "No, nobody was killed at this camp". He said it was merely a transit system. He talked of the hospital there. There is only one part of his testimony I find to be a bit questionable: The part where he and the other inmates were made to stand on the spot all day. His account is more proof people unfit for work weren't killed. He was born in 1931, so may have been just about old enough for work, but not his baby sister, who was only a few years old at the time!

And so, that's the end of look at "Holocaust" education, from the eyes of someone who experiences it regularly at school. Comments/fellow experiences are welcome. :)
Last edited by Mkk on Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Truth is hate for those who hate the truth"- Auchwitz lies, p.13

Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Re: My experiences with "Holocaust" teaching in schools

Postby Hannover » 8 years 3 months ago (Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:52 pm)

Hello Mkk.

What your telling us is so typical of conditioning and 'the Big Lie' technique. Repeat something enough and the sheeple will believe it. And of course they saw someone say it 'on TV' or read it in the NY Times so it must be true. Pathetic is an understatement. They're like lemmings going over the cliff.

It's also curious how blind they've become to Jewish supremacism and the blatant apartheid, intolerant, mass murdering policies of Israel. All of the western world must become 'multi-cultural' and 'tolerant', except that "shitty little country", Israel.

Remember, all Revisionists are former Believers. Also remember this, they haven't a chance if they debate an informed Revisionist about the absurd 'holocaust' storyline.

Nice post and welcome.

- Hannover

BTW: You covered a lot of topics, and it's apparent that you're venting a bit, but do see the guidelines.
If it can't happen as alleged, then it didn't.

Mkk
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Mkk » 8 years 3 months ago (Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:57 am)

BTW: You covered a lot of topics, and it's apparent that you're venting a bit, but do see the guidelines.

Yeah, I've read them, but all the stuff in here falls under Holocaust/ Anti-Nazi indoctrination, so the mods seem to have let it slide. :)

I'll post more a few months from now when I do WW2 in class. From looking at the textbook, it also covers the Holocaust. I'll see if I can debate with my teacher, but knowing true believers like her, I'll barely even be able to get a word edgeways.

HaaDeeCee

Postby HaaDeeCee » 8 years 3 months ago (Sat Oct 15, 2011 11:25 am)

MKK, good to read you here!

A word of caution about "debating" your "history" teacher, and I trust that others will chime in with their concerns.

I would strongly urge you to simply ask thoughtful but non-confrontational questions, questions that highlight inconsistencies or logical conflict in the proffed tales of "proof".

Several examples:

1) "The most documented event in all of human history" could be questioned with "are these court-verified documents?" and "where can I read them?" Bear in mind that even high priests of the holocaust are quoted in Canadian main stream papers that "for 99% of what we know of the holocaust there is no evidence"! (slightly paraphrased) from van Pelt, a professor at my Alma Mata no less. (I got my degree in engineering, NOT basket weaving or arm waiving) Can you believe this? My immediate question was "let's see the evidence for the remaining 1%".

2) "Thousands of eye witnesses have testified" can be questioned with "has their testimony been examined in a court of law"? A further elaboration would be "Then how come that world-renown holocaust historians had their testimony completely demolished during the Zuendel Trials in Toronto during the mid 1980's?" One of those experts refused to appear as a witness at a subsequent trial.

3) With all that eye witness testimony swearing to the burial of tens of thousands of bodies in what is basically swamp land, how come no mass graves were ever found???

The salient point is not to be confrontational with your teacher as this will get you nothing but grief. Your goal is to get the other students to chime in with "yeah, that's a great question, how about some answers teacher"? You want to ignite the spark of skepticism in as many of your classmates as you can.

We'll help you with that. Post the holocaust assertions here and we in this thread will suggest appropriate queries that may pique your fellow classmates' curiosity.

Good luck!

HdC

Mkk
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Mkk » 8 years 3 months ago (Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:02 pm)

Thanks for the ideas, HDC. I won't immediately be labeled as a "denier" either, just a skeptical person. Where to take it from there though? I have got the history teacher to question her beliefs, but she is not yet properly questioning the Holocaust. I'm thinking "I came across a website the other day with some interesting stuff on history..." might be a bit forward. If she googled it, she might just come across the distorted explanations of sites such as Nizkor.

Kingfisher
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Kingfisher » 8 years 3 months ago (Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:32 pm)

mkk

Thank you for a very interesting post. I might want to disagree with one or two details (like the number of German dead, which I think you may be confusing with the number deported from the East) but I won't because overall it was a pretty good analysis and the examples of indoctrination you gave were useful to know about.

There are several books you could read before you get round to the causes of WW2 in class, but the best one for an outline criticism of the conventional position of the court historians, and the most recent, is Pat Buchanan's Churchill, Hitler and the Unnecessary War.

I agree with other posters that you have to avoid challenging your teacher too directly, but raise a few awkward questions to encourage others in your class to be open minded. Maybe you would do better to concentrate on raising doubts among your friends outside class. Good luck.
Last edited by Kingfisher on Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Moderator » 8 years 3 months ago (Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:03 pm)

on our guideines:
Yeah, I've read them, but all the stuff in here falls under Holocaust/ Anti-Nazi indoctrination, so the mods seem to have let it slide. :)

You must have missed this one one: "keep your posts limited to one point".
You're new, so we let it go this time.
Thanks, Moderator
Only lies need to be shielded from debate, truth welcomes it.

Mkk
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Mkk » 8 years 3 months ago (Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:31 pm)

In R.E classes, we have been doing on the universal deceleration of human rights. Apparently, the deceleration was set up to stop "horrors like the Holocaust" from ever happening again. First, I guess it was pretty horrific in parts, but in, for example, Auschwitz when the typhus epidemics were under control, it was probably a pretty okay Labour camp. Certainly not much worse then the soldiers on the front. Secondly, isn't this the greatest hypocrisy? The deceleration was allegedly working against stuff like the Holocaust, while crimes not even previously imagined where being committed against the Germans, before and for quite a few years after the war, and these conditions, and indead the crime of WW2 was perpetrated more or less entirely by the people pushing for these human rights.

In hindsight, i could have said something about this to my R.E teacher. Not on the Holocaust, or lack thereof, but about the Germans. If he ever mentions it again, I'll try to say something about it. :)

And the unfourtunate thing is, people can't even think to look past the lies. A few weeks ago, I found my grandma just watching the end of Swindler's list. I reminded her that it's not a true story, and the novel it is based on never claimed to be historical. Ofcourse I stressed Oskar Schindler was a real person, but most of the film at best heavily twists historical events. But she couldn't believe this. "Ofcourse it's true" she cried " Look at the bit where survivors pay tribute at this grave". I said again, wishful thinking is no basis for history, and said once again the movie is NOT a true story. But, she couldn't even believe that she had been manipulated for a second.

My German teacher reacted in a simmiliar way when I told her about the film Sophie Schnoll. I said that the actions of Sophie and the rest of her resistance movement had resulted in many German soldier deaths from lack of weapons, they were traitors to their country, and dangerous to the war effort. It's debatable whether this needed the death penalty, or just imprisonment, but the teacher was trying to push upon us that Sophie, "along with everyone else who stood up against Hitler" was just killed for no reason. Once again, I affirmed historical truth by saying "How come Hitler won the opinion polls in 1936 by only 98 percent, not 100 if everyone opposed to him was killed?" She had no answer. I also stressed that with political prisoners, mainly communists, there were attempts at political indoctrination, but they weren't put to death in all cases.

Once again, the big lie technique.

Mkk
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Mkk » 8 years 2 months ago (Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:29 am)

Once again my R.E teacher uses Nazism and the Holocaust to push whatever idea he wants to put on us.

First, we were learning about Amnesty, and also the issue of the death penalty. At some point the argument was brought up that some innocent people have been executed, and so nobody should be killed just in case. For example he brought up that ever useful figure, Hitler; he said we know he is guilty of the crime of, ofcourse, six million Jewish deaths. At this point I felt like pointing out that even extermanists agree there is no evidence he ever knew of any extermination programme- but ofcourse, I couldn't say this, because it HAS to be that madman Hitler and six million deaths, right?

Blogbuster
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Blogbuster » 8 years 2 months ago (Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:58 am)

Mkk wrote:
The theme of propaganda continues in the History room. On the walls of one of the rooms, are three newspaper clippings. One reads "The Evil rivalry of the odd couple" (on Hitler and Mussolini). Yes, it HAS to be the EVIL rivalry of the odd couple, doesn't it :roll: ? Last time I checked they were pretty sincere friends and so was the Germanic- Italian alliance. Another reads "Last days of Hitler, the joking dictator". Just one comment on this, but was he really a dictator? Another reads "Jewish outrage at auction of Hitlers possessions" or something along those lines. Yes, it's a Jewish outrage because only they seem to care about stuff like this.

The Anti-Nazi Holocaust propaganda continues with the teachers themselves. They love to roll out the Nazis to illustrate whatever pro-tolerance, pro-multiculturalism, anti- keeping your own culture and heritage point they want to make. My R.E teacher loves to do this. His understanding of history is so poor, I can barely stop myself from shouting out and correcting him. For example, one time (I can't remember the setup to this point), he was talking about "The Allies attempts at appeasements of Hitler, but eventually they had to go to war" or something along those lines. Of course, because completely ignoring all peace requests before and after the war, violating the Versailles treaty (which the allies did before Germany) not appeasing the, in hindsight, fairly modest and reasonable requests from German land and people to be returned to Germany, is appeasement. Yeah, right.

This is a very interesting topic. I once spoke with a student from Exeter University in the United Kingdom who attended several lectures by Dr. Nick Terry a teaching fellow at Exeter, as well as the founder of the Holocaust Controversies blog so often discussed here. The student was explaining how one sided the lecture was, with little empathy at all for the common German soldier caught up in the war as much as anyone else. The student also mentioned much of what Dr Terry has published on the Internet in the form of interviews, blog posts and forum contributions, and stated "she found it difficult to reconcile Dr Terry's hateful online texts as being in any direct contrast to the Nazi propaganda and rethoric that everyone claims lead to the events of the Holocaust."

I believe its important for Universities and Institutions to properly vet their staff, and do more to promote multiple views of historical events as opposed to presenting a single view, especially if, as in the case of Dr Nick Terry, the teacher has a personal agenda to promote.

BB
Blog Buster!

rerevisionist

Postby rerevisionist » 8 years 2 months ago (Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:59 pm)

If you want a depressing experience, look at this BBC website http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00vy70d supposedly on the Second World War and intended as a 'learning aid'. It really is disgusting how the BBC peddles its lies like some insane monomaniac.

Mkk
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Mkk » 8 years 2 months ago (Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:16 am)

rerevisionist wrote:If you want a depressing experience, look at this BBC website http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00vy70d supposedly on the Second World War and intended as a 'learning aid'. It really is disgusting how the BBC peddles its lies like some insane monomaniac.

This certainly is depressing. Not to get too off topic, but scroll down to "MAKING GERMANY STRONG AGAIN". Let's have a look at what it says:

The Germans’ support for Hitler gradually forged a belief that war was the only possible course of action to make Germany strong again.

...But Germany WAS made strong again. All the Germans wanted was their land back- through peaceful means. Anyone who even knows anything about WW2 should know that.

This belief was fed by the deep desire for revenge after the Versailles Treaty

WHAT? If their was any desire for revenge, it certainly wasn't apparent in Hitler's actions, who tried to revise the Versailles treaty peacefully.

is stunned by the strength of the belief that ordinary Germans had in their leader, and is appalled to learn of their total faith in him.

"Apalled"? Maybe we're too used to spineless leaders who never keep their promises.

I also notice, here: (http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/worldwars/genocide/) there is an article by Deborah Lipstadt. :roll:

astro3
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby astro3 » 8 years 2 months ago (Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:55 am)

Well said there MKK.
But, if you're talking about what is the 'biggest' or 'worst' genocide, ie 'the' Holocaust, with capital 'H' - then, it surely has to be the extermination of the Native American indians, about 25 million. That was some 4/5 of their total population, by the white man.
There is quite a strong 'first nation' ideology in modern education, so this argument is I suggest worth pursuing.
No European genocide is comparable.

Not many people realise the staggering fact that you have documented here, that the Holo-myth is now taught in both the history and in the religion classes, in schools today.

Mkk
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Mkk » 8 years 2 months ago (Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:52 am)

Not many people realise the staggering fact that you have documented here, that the Holo-myth is now taught in both the history and in the religion classes, in schools today.

Indeed. This year, we have been doing on human rights, and ofcourse there is a bunch of references to the Holohoax thrown in here and there. I've already written about the R.E teacher's love of using the big H and it's perpetrator Hitler for whatever message he wants to get across. Last year, we also did about the Jews as a religion- ofcourse, the Holocaust is thrown in there. We had to make this Jewish star thing with the photo and story of a (Jewish) Holocaust survivor. (Or occasionally victim, like Anne Frank).

In history, we're currently halfway through WW1. I guess the stuff in between the wars won't be much, so the Holocaust indoctrination shouldn't be far away... I'll write down some notes in the lessons, and post them here so you guys can know what kind of stuff it taught to our kids nowadays.

Mkk
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Mkk » 8 years 1 month ago (Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:16 pm)

Today, I was looking through a R.E school textbook called "Religous expression in society". As you'd expect, the Holocaust managed to get in there. The first example I found while flicking through was in a section on religous art. There were examples from all 6 major world religions- and ofcourse, for Judaism the Holocaust was rolled out. The example was of a sculpture by some "Auschwitz survivor" (can't remember his/her name, sorry). The sculpture was of a pile of shoes- just like the one in the Auchwitz museum. The caption was something about how Jews and the Holocaust in a kind of religous sense.

Interestingly, one part of the caption said Auchwitz was a place where "thousands were murdered" (!), wouldn't that be millions? I wonder if we have an undercover revisionist on our hands here...

Elsewhere in the book, there was a part on religious writings, poetry etc. Included, for some reason, was the poem of some German pastor, which was about how the Nazis came for the Communists, socialists etc. and then they came for the Jews, and this guy didn't object. Can you FEEL the burning guilt? Well, anyway, there's two examples.

BTW, the book can be bought here:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/AQA-Religious-S ... 0340983671

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”