David Irving & Mark Weber, Enemies Of Revisionism

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
diaz52
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Re: David Irving & Mark Weber, Enemies Of Revisionism

Postby diaz52 » 7 years 10 months ago (Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:39 pm)

I'm don't care much for this designation of "enemies of revisionism" with regard to Irving and Weber, like we have a strict party line or something. Like you're saying they should be excommunicated or something. Actually it sounds like something the Marxists would say. Let the establishment holohoaxers spend their time policing people's opinions looking for the slightest wiff of revisionist sentiments. Let them do that. We're looking for open and honest debate and scholarship about the so-called Holocaust. Weber and Irving are not to your liking, or they've said some good things and some things you disagree with? So what. They're entitled to their opinions, and in Irvings case he's paid a heavy price personally for what he has said with regard to what did and did not happen, so I cut him some slack. Nevertheless hes entitled to his opinions be they right or wrong or well reasoned or based on nonsense.

So this whole "these people are enemies of revisionism" is reminiscent of declaring them thought criminals. Eff that. You don't agree with them, thats fine. That doesn't make them bad people. Maybe their just wrong in their judgements. We want free and open debate. Bring your ideas and your evidence to the marketplace and lets find out what is and what isn't. The only villains IMO are the ones trying to stop debate regarding the hoax. Weber and Irving may be incorrect in their statements and their assessments about the hoax, but I don't see either supporting the criminalization of holocaust denial, and neither is trying to silence deniers.
-You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.
-The establishment can't control the web, and the control of information through all means but one, is no control at all.

Carolyn Yeager
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Carolyn Yeager » 7 years 10 months ago (Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:06 am)

I'll respond to just one thing said by Diaz 52. "Irving paid a heavy price personally for what he has said ... so I cut him some slack."

Cut him slack? Because he went into a country that had an arrest warrant for him, simply to speak to a few admirers?? What a foolish gambit that was! He walked right into it, and it was not necessary at all. That also seems to mark the end of his good sense. He's kind of another Albert Speer type.
In Jewish history there are no coincidences ... Elie Wiesel
Learn more at http://eliewieseltattoo.com

Auschwitz: The Underground Guided Tour http://carolynyeager.net/auschwitz-unde ... uided-tour

JoFo

Postby JoFo » 7 years 10 months ago (Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:36 am)

For what it's worth: It was Irving's eloquence in his writing and speeches that turned me on to the revisionist angle in the first place.

Kingfisher
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Kingfisher » 7 years 10 months ago (Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:12 pm)

diaz52 wrote:The only villains IMO are the ones trying to stop debate

Amen to that.

The Warden
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby The Warden » 7 years 10 months ago (Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:24 am)

Carolyn Yeager wrote:I'll respond to just one thing said by Diaz 52. "Irving paid a heavy price personally for what he has said ... so I cut him some slack."

Cut him slack? Because he went into a country that had an arrest warrant for him, simply to speak to a few admirers?? What a foolish gambit that was! He walked right into it, and it was not necessary at all. That also seems to mark the end of his good sense. He's kind of another Albert Speer type.

You know what they say...
"Any publicity is good publicity."

The Lipstadt-Irving Trial brought a lot of attention to the Holocaust details that most people wouldn't know about otherwise.

Now whether Irving was just worried about his ego or his reputation doesn't matter since the intended purpose doesn't always produce the intended results.
Why the Holocaust Industry exists:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2A81P6YGw_c

vincentferrer
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby vincentferrer » 7 years 9 months ago (Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:43 am)

I agree with most of what has been posted here. I would add that double agents are part of the landscape in any group. and if you look at the history of double agents, 99% of the time ,it is done for money. I am cautious of those groups who want my name and info on a list.
The very word holocaust is a pejorative to every German citizen. There was no holocaust,
just lies from the abandoned race.

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”