What exactly are we arguing about?

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
Mkk
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Re: What exactly are we arguing about?

Postby Mkk » 7 years 11 months ago (Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:21 pm)

leemadison11 wrote:It really doesn't concern me about the number of Jews that were killed, but what concerns me is the amount of barbaric treatment through which many had to go through.

Barbaric treatment? At Auchwitz there was a swimming pool, a brothel, a football field, and several other things. In most camps there were delousing gas chambers for the killing of LICE- to save lives of the Jews! The vast majority of deaths came from Typhus epidemics, and the Germans as has been shown many times spent a lot of time trying to combat this disease. In Auchwitz, one documents states it is forbidden to even HARM an inmate. I don't doubt some cruelty happened, but it was dealt with sometimes, and it wasn't state-endorsed.

I'm not trying to say the Jews etc. had a nice time in the camps, far from it, but in my opinion their treatment can't be considered barbaric. What is barbaric, however, is the forced deportation of about 13 million Germans from their homelands after the war, or the carpet bombing of about a million Europeans, mainly Germans to death, or the million or so deaths of German POW by starvation after the war in real extermination camps... I don't support the mass deportation nearly 2 million people to the economically barren East, but when squared up against the allies, the treatment of the Jews and others was fairly humane under the circumstances and on a much smaller scale.
"Truth is hate for those who hate the truth"- Auchwitz lies, p.13

Carolyn Yeager
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Carolyn Yeager » 7 years 11 months ago (Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:59 am)

Mkk wrote: The vast majority of deaths came from Typhus epidemics, and the Germans as has been shown many times spent a lot of time trying to combat this disease.

You shouldn't forget to add that Russians and Eastern Europeans, especially Jews, brought the lice with them. The lice didnt come from Germany, where they had no lice problem. The lice came from Russia, mainly, because of unclean living conditions, lack of frequent enough bathing, and not changing their clothing very often. The Germans had to deal with this and, as you said, did their best. Just think, they ordered lots of Zyclon B to fight the lice and now they are accused of using it to exterminate the Jews! I would say this is what we're arguing about.
In Jewish history there are no coincidences ... Elie Wiesel
Learn more at http://eliewieseltattoo.com

Auschwitz: The Underground Guided Tour http://carolynyeager.net/auschwitz-unde ... uided-tour

Postby Moderator » 7 years 11 months ago (Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:56 pm)

This thread has gone off into every direction imaginable. I have deleted yet saved all posts from today. We'll have to live with earlier posts. If you want the deleted ones back, send me a PM and I'll send them. Everyone is free to start specific threads based upon the specifics in those posts should they wish to do so. This thread is locked as it seems to have played itself out to the point where any and all points within the "Holocaust" are being discussed. The thread has become a confusing, disjointed mess to read based upon the original post. Come on folks, we have guidelines for practical reasons.
Only lies need to be shielded from debate, truth welcomes it.

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”