Warning

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
Toshiro
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Warning

Postby Toshiro » 7 years 8 months ago (Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:20 pm)

http://rt.com/news/anonymous-nazi-hacker-wikileaks-273/

"Anonymous" has decided to start a cyber-war against neo-Nazi websites and any websites related to them a month ago. Related of course by their own definition. Their operation is still going on.

Several websites got hacked in the last couple of days, today even, and CODOH could be next. I'm posting this as a precaution, so the administrators update any software running on the server if they haven't yet and to do a backup of the forum database. Credit card numbers of members of hacked websites have also been published. Be warned.

A moderator can freely delete this thread, I just hope you take care of the security.

The newest version of the phpBB forum system is 3.0.10.
Wordpress (for Revblog) is 3.3.1.
Be careful of any plugins for Wordpress or phpBB, they are usually the ones exploited.
Last edited by Toshiro on Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

White Wolf

Re: Warning

Postby White Wolf » 7 years 8 months ago (Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:59 pm)

They took down WNN (White News Now) and A3P (American Third Position) and posted the members list complete with names, addresses, phone numbers and credit card info.

They tried to make a ton of charges to Jamie Kelso's credit cards but luckily the CC company recognized it was fraud and stopped all the activity.

I don't sweat things like that too much but there are many people out there that do not want to be outed and I can't blame them. I know I've had a few problems with Antis in the past.

Hopefully everyone involved has been able to make the changes that they need to do to credit cards and passwords.
The truth fears no question.

Postby Moderator » 7 years 8 months ago (Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:59 pm)

It has been here already. I won't state exactly the actions it took and how it was thwarted, but so far so good.
M1
Only lies need to be shielded from debate, truth welcomes it.

White Wolf

Postby White Wolf » 7 years 8 months ago (Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:05 pm)

Moderator wrote:It has been here already. I won't state exactly the actions it took and how it was thwarted, but so far so good.
M1

That's good to know.

If they have been here already I didn't notice anything wrong like downtime or such.

If there is anything you guys need as far as help, let me know, I have TONS of free time...
The truth fears no question.

StuDewan

Postby StuDewan » 7 years 8 months ago (Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:06 pm)

Wikileaks never said a word against Israel...
Anonymous supports Wikileaks...

1 + 1 = 2

fountainhead

Postby fountainhead » 7 years 8 months ago (Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:01 pm)

Very good PR for Anon. They took at least some blasting from the media and online community with their previous attacks. Not sure how many people are going to come to our defense if CODOH is attacked, especially if we're roped in together with actual 'Neo-Nazi' sites out there.
Who controls the past controls the future.
Who controls the present controls the past.

Webmaster
Administration
Administration

Postby Webmaster » 7 years 8 months ago (Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:34 am)

Toshiro wrote:The newest version of the phpBB forum system is 3.0.10.
Wordpress (for Revblog) is 3.3.1.
Be careful of any plugins for Wordpress or phpBB, they are usually the ones exploited.

All modifications to this forum are written by people from CODOH and not shared with others. We have also included extra security outside this software. Does that mean that we can’t be hacked? Of course not, but it will keep amateur/wannabe hackers away.

If somebody manages to hack this forum we will be up and running again in a couple of hours. In the last three weeks we had 26 520 hacking/spam attempts only on this forum. Yes, we have counters for that too. :wink:

Like Toshiro points out, we have always the latest versions of PHPBB and Wordpress. That’s the best way to stay safe and sound.
Also we don’t store any addresses, phone numbers, credit card numbers etc. on our servers.

Webmaster

Postby Moderator » 7 years 8 months ago (Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:45 pm)

Webmaster wrote:In the last three weeks we had 26 520 hacking/spam attempts only on this forum.

It's tough being at the top. 8)
M1
Only lies need to be shielded from debate, truth welcomes it.

Webmaster
Administration
Administration

Postby Webmaster » 7 years 8 months ago (Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:19 pm)

Moderator wrote:
Webmaster wrote:In the last three weeks we had 26 520 hacking/spam attempts only on this forum.

It's tough being at the top. 8)
M1

We have the counter on the index page now. :wink: Anyone who thinks they can hack this forum, please give it a try. I have a bottle of good Cognac, Leopold-Gourmel-Cognac-Age-des-Epices that I'll send to the winner.

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”