Eichmann - Contaminated Witness

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
Guptalicious

Eichmann - Contaminated Witness

Postby Guptalicious » 1 decade 5 years ago (Tue Dec 02, 2003 3:18 pm)

Here's an exchange between Eichmann and his chief accuser at his trial. This means that he had both Reitlinger and Harvest of Hate in his hands in the mid '50's. He claims that he just "leafed through them."

------------------

Q. When did you read Reitlinger?

A. Reitlinger I have never - I only read here. The fact that Reitlinger existed, and my even having leafed through it, that might have been in 1956-1959. I did not read it until I was in prison here.

Q. And Poliakov? When did you read him?

A. The same as Reitlinger, I did not read this until I was in prison. And as proof of this I can cite...

Q. Without proof. Can you say when this was?

A. In prison here. I knew that both Reitlinger and Poliakov existed, and I also leafed through Poliakov's black book at the same time as I leafed through the Reitlinger. It would have been better if I had read it, because then I would have been able to give much clearer testimony here. I myself regretted that I read these two books so late, after the end of my Statement to the police.

Q. Sassen asked you questions from books. From which books did he ask you questions and read passages to you?

A. I do not know. I cannot say in detail today.

Q. But that was not sixteen years ago; that was three years ago. And it took months.

A. I have said that I do not remember, because it was not an interrogation: we sat over a bottle of wine.

Secret Anne X

Postby Secret Anne X » 1 decade 5 years ago (Tue Dec 02, 2003 9:13 pm)

Like I said!

trtsk

Postby trtsk » 1 decade 5 years ago (Tue Dec 02, 2003 10:51 pm)

I was not aware that the Eichmann trial transcipts were available. Are they published or online? Please let me know. Thank you.

Tom

Guptalicious

Postby Guptalicious » 1 decade 5 years ago (Tue Dec 02, 2003 11:39 pm)

They are both published and on line, as I, and my correspondents well know. I will leave it at that. :)

Postby Moderator » 1 decade 5 years ago (Wed Dec 03, 2003 12:44 am)

trtsk,

Lighten up, I'm tired of deleting your antagonizing posts which do not further the debate.

Only lies need to be shielded from debate, truth welcomes it.

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”