Why did the Germans cremate the dead?

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
fountainhead

Why did the Germans cremate the dead?

Postby fountainhead » 8 years 3 months ago (Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:06 pm)

Some nights you just think of a particular part of the holocaust story you want to debunk. Tonight, for me, it's the reason for the cremations. The traditional storyline says that it was to dispose of the bodies quickly and to hide the evidence of their crime. I've done a lot of searching, but I can't seem to find a simple, in-a-nutshell Revisionist explanation of why the Germans exhumed and then cremated the dead. Perhaps I'm just not using the right keywords. I found tons of information on why the cremation of the alleged numbers of bodies is technically impossible, but nothing on the reason. Was it to stop the spread of disease from the corpses? Was Himmler afraid that the Soviets would find the graves and use it as propaganda? Do we have any documentation showing why the Germans installed crematory ovens in the first place?
Who controls the past controls the future.
Who controls the present controls the past.

Raymond

Re: Why did the Germans cremate the dead?

Postby Raymond » 8 years 3 months ago (Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:21 pm)

Sanitation. Corpses were burned to stop the spread of disease. There is a very applicable quote from Himmler to which he says something along the lines of "due to the rapid spread of disease, we were forced to burn corpses and now they will hang us for it." This is not the exact quote as I am on my cell phone but you get the idea. It was to stop the spread of disease. As far as I know, the tales of exhumations only come from the exterminationist account.

Raymond

Postby Raymond » 8 years 3 months ago (Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:45 pm)

Ok, found the exact quote: "In order to put a stop to the epidemics, we were forced to burn the bodies of incalculable numbers of people who had been destroyed by disease. We were therefore forced to build crematoria, and on this account they are knotting a noose for us." --Reichsführer SS Heinrich Himmler

borjastick
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby borjastick » 8 years 3 months ago (Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:54 am)

fountainhead wrote: I've done a lot of searching, but I can't seem to find a simple, in-a-nutshell Revisionist explanation of why the Germans exhumed and then cremated the dead. Perhaps I'm just not using the right keywords. ?

The general claim by traditionalists that hundreds of thousands of bodies were exhumed and burned at places like Treblinka and Babi Yar is disbelieved by most of us. It is nonsense and has been debunked thoroughly.

I well remember a BBC series in the seventies presented and written by Jacob Bronowski. In the final programme he visited Auschwitz and went on and on about the cruelty and the mass murder. He finished in the pouring rain and plunged his hand into what we thought was a pile of human ashes. He said something like 'here are the ashes of millions of jews and my relatives.' Fabtastic! There were no ashes there in the first place for him to plunge his sopping wet hand into.

The fabrication continues...
'Of the four million Jews under Nazi control in WW2, six million died and alas only five million survived.'

'We don't need evidence, we have survivors' - israeli politician

fountainhead

Postby fountainhead » 8 years 3 months ago (Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:06 am)

Thanks for the replies. Actually, I think my confusion with the whole exhume->cremate story came from the One Third of the Holocaust video. Sometimes when denierbud says the Germans did this or that, he might mean that the traditional story says the Germans did it, but he often doesn't specify whether he's stating the revisionist or traditional story. In this case, I'm remembering how he said the Germans were losing the war, so Himmler ordered the cremation of the bodies to hide them from the Soviets. I guess he was talking about the traditional story.
Who controls the past controls the future.
Who controls the present controls the past.

Kingfisher
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Kingfisher » 8 years 3 months ago (Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:46 am)

In Japan, after last year's earthquake, bodies were buried temporarily and dug up later for cremation as cremation facilities could not initially cope. The same might have happened in some German camps. In Japan it was for reasons of religion and custom; in Germany it would have been hygiene.

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”