notes to cyberjunkie and Callahan

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!

notes to cyberjunkie and Callahan

Postby Moderator » 7 years 5 months ago (Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:00 pm)

cyberjunkie:
You are repeating claims which are addressed in numerous posts. I suggest that if you want continue your line of thought that you post to the relevant threads, or start a thread based upon your position.

Callahan:
Please read our guidelines. I removed a post by you which was in a thread not related to your post's topic. And, do not just post a quote without some comments / viewpoints.

Thanks to both of you, M1.
Only lies need to be shielded from debate, truth welcomes it.

Re: notes to cyberjunkie and Callahan

Postby Moderator » 7 years 4 months ago (Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:19 pm)

I'm bumping this to the top for the benefit of cyberjunkie who cannot understand why his post was disallowed. As is usual when this happens, he claims censorship and then engages in name calling. I guess our guidelines are meant for others, but not him.
M1

SevenUp
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby SevenUp » 7 years 4 months ago (Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:28 am)

Moderator wrote:I'm bumping this to the top for the benefit of cyberjunkie who cannot understand why his post was disallowed. As is usual when this happens, he claims censorship and then engages in name calling. I guess our guidelines are meant for others, but not him.
M1

You say you are using the guidelines alone to make your decisions regarding cyberjunkie say, and he disagrees, saying you're using them selectively and that your decisions are biased and capricious. Who is right? No one knows, and we have no way of judging as the posts in question are not available to us. From my experience every moderator, including the CODOH moderator, uses 'guidelines' selectively to suppress posts/opinions they do not favor. The moderator 'interprets' the 'guidelines' any way he/she chooses and no one is able to judge if it is being done fairly. That is censorship. Just ask Bradley Smith, he was bounced from a history forum by the moderator, using the forum guidelines of course. When guidelines are interpreted by an invisible hand they are easily used for censorship.

The only proper response to a charge of censorship is to make the actions of the moderator transparent i.e. available for all to see. This is easily done, just create another web page, not a discussion page but a list only, of all the actions the moderator takes, showing all deleted and modified posts. I cannot think of any legitimate reason for not doing this.

Haldan
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Haldan » 7 years 4 months ago (Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:50 am)

SevenUp wrote:
Moderator wrote:I'm bumping this to the top for the benefit of cyberjunkie who cannot understand why his post was disallowed. As is usual when this happens, he claims censorship and then engages in name calling. I guess our guidelines are meant others, but not him.
M1

The only proper response to a charge of censorship is to make the actions of the moderator transparent i.e. available for all to see. This is easily done, just create another web page, not a discussion page but a list only, of all the actions the moderator takes, showing all deleted and modified posts. I cannot think of any legitimate reason for not doing this.

Not that I have a say in anything, but just out of curiosity, would you be doing that task? I imagine it may be both daunting and time-consuming! But perhaps you can volunteer to maintain that extra page? :bounce:
-haldan
<?php if ($Holocaust == false ) {deny_repeatedly(); } else { investigate(); } ?>
Homage to Catalin Haldan

SevenUp
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby SevenUp » 7 years 4 months ago (Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:42 am)

Haldan wrote: I imagine it may be both daunting and time-consuming!

Not at all. The page would just be a list. When the moderator edits or removes a post he just has to add (copy) it to the page stored on his disc and then upload the new version of the page to the host. It should take about 30 sec.

Haldan
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Haldan » 7 years 4 months ago (Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:49 am)

SevenUp wrote:
Haldan wrote: I imagine it may be both daunting and time-consuming!

Not at all. The page would just be a list. When the moderator edits or removes a post he just has to add (copy) it to the page stored on his disc and then upload the new version of the page to the host. It should take about 30 sec.

Ah, I see. I didn't grasp the technical bit at first.
Well well. :evil4:
-haldan
<?php if ($Holocaust == false ) {deny_repeatedly(); } else { investigate(); } ?>
Homage to Catalin Haldan

Postby Moderator » 7 years 4 months ago (Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:41 pm)

SevenUp:
I do save most deleted posts in an 'adminstrators only' section at this forum. This is helpful to those who went to some length in creating their post which violated our basic guidelines and may want it back for one reason or the other.

I did not save cyberjunkie's post because of my statement to him, which you obviously ignored:
I suggest that if you want continue your line of thought that you post to the relevant threads, or start a thread based upon your position.

Cyberjunkie is free to post the content from the deleted post to an existing, relevant thread, or he is free to start a new thread, no one is stopping him. Some "censorship" that is. :roll:

SevenUp, please re-read the guidelines.
M1

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”