What is the best answer to - "Do you deny the holocaust"?

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
borjastick
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Re: What is the best answer to - "Do you deny the holocaust"

Postby borjastick » 7 years 4 months ago (Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:02 pm)

As they say, 'you can't polish a turd.'

Seriously I have been investigating another dollop of teaching from my schooldays, which is where I was told of the holohoax - six million - gas chambers etc. This just proves the point about having an open mind to what one thought was the truth. It concerns the Black Death in UK and Europe. I was born and brought up in north Kent and south London, I didn't move but the boundaries did!

We were told that the names of local areas such as Blackheath, Blackfen and Gravesend were all from that time. They indicated the mass burial sites of the corpses from London, and Gravesend was coined because that was where the burials stopped.

Now I find out that this apparently isn't true at all. It could be that local authorities are airbrushing the past so as to sanitise it or it could be the truth, but the point I make is that what we genuinely believe to be the truth (read holocaust) sometimes turns out to be a fairy tale.
'Of the four million Jews under Nazi control in WW2, six million died and alas only five million survived.'

'We don't need evidence, we have survivors' - israeli politician

truth
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby truth » 7 years 4 months ago (Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:20 pm)

Question: Often you can hear that one should not qualify (relativieren) the Holocaust in which 6 million is the number which should not be compared to the number of victims of other genocides nor even questioned. Thus the uniqueness of the Holocaust and obviousness should be noted and from the humanitarian standpoint deeply appreciated in a rather one-sided way, which to me shows a lack of compassion towards humanity rather than an expansion of compassion (which is more inclusive). My question is, "How can we best deal with the issue of relativism? Why it was invented?"

mincuo

Postby mincuo » 7 years 4 months ago (Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:57 am)

What is the best answer to - "Do you deny the holocaust"?

A possible answer, which sometimes I use, is this: "it's not question to deny, but to put questions and give answers"
More precisely:
1) Have I the right to put questions or doubts, as well as it happens for every historical fact?
2) Have the others the duty to give me an answer, an explanation, as well as it is common for every historical fact, and may be more duty considering that we are speaking of an horrendous and enormous crime for which an entire people is accused ?

If I haven't the right to put questions so to clarify my doubts, which is normal for every historical fact, as well as it is normal that anyone answer and explain, so why? Why putting questions to have an explanation is defamed, or even criminal? How do you explain that?
Beati monoculi in terra caecorum

Jillo

Postby Jillo » 7 years 2 months ago (Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:37 am)

Since this is such an obviously disingenuous question, I believe it should never be answered with a straight yes or no.

It should always be thrown back at the questioner.

At a minimum, it should be replied with:

"Define holocaust." or "What holocaust are you talking about?

So, what is the best answer to the question: "Do you deny the holocaust"?

I believe the best response to the question (and you are very right that it is a disingenuous question) is to first ask back "What Holocaust are you talking about?"

That response could and should be on the tip of the tongue of every person who wants to speak the truth about this matter.

Never ever get blindsided by this question. At the very least by answering in this way it will give you time to get your thoughts together.

I think throwing it back at the questioner is a better strategy.

The disingenuous question is designed to disarm you from the get go.

Whatever your answer, do not let that happen.

The key is to be prepared ahead of time to offer a quick, clear and concise answer and then go on the attack, making your opponent go on the defensive.

I don't think all of us here will agree on what the best answer to this question is (do we agree on anything?), but again, the key is to be prepared, don't get caught flat footed and be ready to go on the offensive and make your opponent defend himself.

That advise is spot on.

"What Holocaust are you talking about?" followed by "Define 'the Holocaust'."

That has worked very well for me. And the more I learn, the better I get at flustering the questioners.

My favorite is "What Holocaust are you talking about? There have been many Holocausts; Dresden, Hamburg, Tokyo, Hiroshima, Nagasaki, etc. Which Holocaust are you asking me if I deny?"

That puts me in control of the situation. And as soon as they stammer out "The Jewish Holocaust," I ask; "Define 'The Jewish Holocaust," at which point they will inevitably mention 1 planned annihilation of European Jews, 2 six million dead Jews and 3 the gas chambers. At that point, I have them right where I want them because they have just hit on the three main tenets of "The Holocaust" that, as everyone here knows, have been so thoroughly debunked that from that point on its childs play to show them that their definition is bunk.

Amir

Postby Amir » 7 years 2 months ago (Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:39 pm)

I have a couple of comments about your post Jllo, and this thread in general.

The question: "Do you deny the Holocaust" and the question: "Are you a Holocaust denier" are not one and the same.

If someone asks: "Are you a holocaust denier?" your response should be "Define the word 'Holocaust.'"

If someone asks: "Do you deny the Holocaust?" your response should be "Define the term 'The Holocaust.'"

And the definition of the word "Holocaust" is different than the definition of the term "The Holocaust."

See what I mean?

So you should first have them define the word "Holocaust," then define the term "The Holocaust," then they say "The Jewish Holocaust / 6 million Jews gassed," you should ask, "Which Jewish Holocaust - the WW I one or the WW II one?"

That line of questioning should put you firmly in control of the situation, at which point you can demolish them on the three major tenets of "The Holocaust" rather than the fuzzy nonsense about "genocide."

mincuo

Postby mincuo » 7 years 2 months ago (Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:43 pm)

I guess you will be in control of your satisfaction. For the rest you have provoked a cognitive dissonance. From this point you are wasting all your time, and the more you are rationale the more he will be emotive. That is for sure.
Beati monoculi in terra caecorum

Jillo

Postby Jillo » 7 years 2 months ago (Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:49 am)

Thanks Amir, those are good observations and good advise. But I can one up you.

You should also bring up the other absurd holocaust claims made by the jews.

You should ask: "Wait a minute, lets be clear here, are you talking about the claimed 4 billion holocaust or the claimed 16 million holocaust or the claimed 6 million holocaust?

When they say the 6 million, THEN you should ask "Which 6 million holocaust..."

jeffersonian

Postby jeffersonian » 7 years 1 month ago (Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:54 pm)

I am looking forward to a new TBR book by V. Thorn which should help a person get squared away on how to answer competently and easily. But I can say this: you never know how well a person will take the idea. I told one person I've known for years, and he, and his wife, both of whom are scientists, to my surprise, were receptive and easily agreed that there are serious questions to be asked and answered, that the whole thing makes no logistical sense whatsoever. But I told a relative of mine who is a scientist also, and he ended up lecturing me on how the poor Joos are misunderstood and were only allowed to loan money for centuries and centuries and they always get blamed for things, and they're really very nice and cute and funny. Etc. So you just plant a seed where you can do so without getting fired, basically.

Inquisitor
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Inquisitor » 7 years 1 month ago (Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:15 am)

jeffersonian wrote:I am looking forward to a new TBR book by V. Thorn which should help a person get squared away on how to answer competently and easily. But I can say this: you never know how well a person will take the idea. I told one person I've known for years, and he, and his wife, both of whom are scientists, to my surprise, were receptive and easily agreed that there are serious questions to be asked and answered, that the whole thing makes no logistical sense whatsoever. But I told a relative of mine who is a scientist also, and he ended up lecturing me on how the poor Joos are misunderstood and were only allowed to loan money for centuries and centuries and they always get blamed for things, and they're really very nice and cute and funny. Etc. So you just plant a seed where you can do so without getting fired, basically.

I've gotten similarly mixed reactions - some are surprisingly receptive, while others are like talking to a wall(a sometimes hysterical wall) from the outset! I recently had just such an encounter and I'm pretty sure the person I was talking to left more bewildered than anything as he just had never even considered such "taboo" knowledge! It wasn't that he was unreceptive to the ideas of Revisionism - it was truly more like he was receiving some forbidden information; like a person discovering some great occult secret or something. I don't really know if he learned anything from it or not - but I have to admit, it is always enjoyable to speak the truth...whether others wish to hear it or not!

Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hannover » 7 years 1 month ago (Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:28 am)

Inquisitor wrote:I've gotten similarly mixed reactions - some are surprisingly receptive, while others are like talking to a wall(a sometimes hysterical wall) from the outset! I recently had just such an encounter and I'm pretty sure the person I was talking to left more bewildered than anything as he just had never even considered such "taboo" knowledge! It wasn't that he was unreceptive to the ideas of Revisionism - it was truly more like he was receiving some forbidden information; like a person discovering some great occult secret or something. I don't really know if he learned anything from it or not - but I have to admit, it is always enjoyable to speak the truth...whether others wish to hear it or not!

But you have planted the seed. I promise you, this indoctrinated person will never be the same. Good work.

- Hannover
If it can't happen as alleged, then it didn't.

NZSRP

Postby NZSRP » 5 years 6 months ago (Sun May 18, 2014 8:42 am)

I had an interesting experience at my work. This topic had come up in discussion with one lady, who could see my points but thought I was wrong and that was the end of the topic. No anger etc, just a friendly chat.

A while later this lady and a whole bunch of others had been made redundant and we were having a leaving party for them. Everyone else was getting drunk, I was stone cold sober as I dont drink. We all chatting away talking about what is to come for these people leaving, whats going to happen at work without them etc.
Long story short, the lady I had discussed this with earlier came up and said that one of the other leaving ladies wanted to ask me about my beliefs about the holocaust. To which I promptly replied "I dont think this is the right time or place for a discussion like that". Needless to say, I got dragged off to another table where this lady pressed the issue.

My answer to what do I believe about the holocaust (essentially, "Do I deny the holocaust" cause I knew that she knew what I believed and thats what she wanted to ask) was this.....(I subsequently nearly got my head punch in over it)

"I do not think this the right time or place for this discussion as you have been drinking and it can be an emotive topic, but if you insist. I do not deny that many people died during WWII, or that many horrible things happened to people. Bad things happened. On ALL sides. However, I do not believe that the Germans the planned systematic mass extermination of one particular racial or religious group occurred".

To which she burst into tears exclaiming "I CANT BELIEVE YOU JUST SAID THAT"......and she trundled off to the other table bawling her eyes out.

Meanwhile, one of her staff members who had kept his job had just emerged from the toilets and had seen her burst into tears and run away from me. Thinking that I had said something to upset her he started to grow wings under his arms as he flexed his muscles getting all staunch and ready to punch me over for making her cry.

Once I explained why she was crying he was all like "Oh.....thats....different.....lets talk about it next week"

cold beer
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby cold beer » 5 years 6 months ago (Mon May 19, 2014 2:06 pm)

twila wrote:Q: Do you deny the holocaust?

A: One cannot "deny" something that doesn't exist or never happened.

Yes that is the message that should be driven

similarly

"We know that the moon isn't made of cheese but no one has ever been heard to say that he denies that the moon is made of cheese"

PotPie
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby PotPie » 5 years 5 months ago (Mon May 19, 2014 5:57 pm)

I've been asked that often enough. I first ask them to define what the holocaust is. Then I explain to them that evidence of an extermination/gassing campaign is very weak as I discovered as such after reading in-depth about Auschwitz-Birkenau.

The usual retorts regard things the US GIs were shown in Buchenwald and Dachau. Very easy to pick apart.

Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hannover » 5 years 5 months ago (Mon May 19, 2014 6:16 pm)

I like to respond, 'There's good news, 6 milllion Jews were not murdered, do you wish otherwise?'

Or there's this one which is more thought provoking, from my forum signature, 'If something can't happen as alleged, then it didn't.'

And the philosophical approach, 'I'm not a religious person'.

The tide is turning.

- Hannover
If it can't happen as alleged, then it didn't.

Atigun
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Atigun » 5 years 5 months ago (Mon May 19, 2014 10:53 pm)

I've only been asked that question once. My reply was a VERY sarcastic, "Oh, hell no, I believe every word of it." Followed by, "Say, how much did you say you wanted for that bridge?" Things went downhill from there. I'll amend that. I've only been asked that question once since my enlightenment some 20 years ago,

You see, Hannover, I spent over half my life believing in the Jew fable of the holocaust. After finding out that I'd been taken in like a country bumpkin by a slick talking carney, you can say that 'polite discourse' doesn't follow if someone takes exception to my understanding of the holyhoax. I try to abide by the CODOH debate rules while posting here but in real life I don't tolerate holyhoax BS. I very quickly become VERY hostile and abusive.

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”