Visit Palestine poster from 1936

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
borjastick
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Visit Palestine poster from 1936

Postby borjastick » 8 years 8 months ago (Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:38 am)

I think this is very interesting. Not only is it a very attractive design but it proves more than the three debunked myths as detailed in the text. I think it also adds more weight, should any more be needed, about the exodus of German jews from Germany in the mid thirties. These were of course all added back into the body count by holocaustians to make the death count add up to six million or more.

Apparently this poster was used extensively in Germany at the time to persuade jews to go and settle in Palestine. As we know those seeking to do this were expedited with little hindrance whilst those seeking to go to an alternative such as UK/US/Canada were frustrated a little.

http://liberationgraphics.com/ppp/Visit_Palestine.html

Visit Palestine was originally designed by Franz Kraus and published by the Tourist Association of Palestine, a Zionist development agency. We see the vast walled city of Jerusalem: trim parks, green gardens, urban dwellings, and a central landmark, the Dome of the Rock mosque.

With this one poster pulled out of the Zionist attic, three core myths are debunked. The first myth is that Palestine had ever been a land without people. Obviously someone lived in these houses and someone tended these gardens. The second myth is that Palestine was a vast desert awaiting cultivation. The resplendent tree in the foreground suggests that the land surrounding Jerusalem was much more than barren desert. The third myth is that there never was a Palestine. Of course there was a Palestine, and here it is, called by name in a Zionist-published poster.

During the early days of the Israel-building process, Zionist strategists had to simultaneously project different and sometimes conflicting images of Israel to different audiences in order to draw the critical mass and range of support the young movement desperately needed. Visit Palestine is just one out of a whole pre-independence category of posters referred to as the recruit Zion genre.
Attachments
visit_palestine.jpg
visit Palestine poster from 1936
visit_palestine.jpg (98.93 KiB) Viewed 2237 times
'Of the four million Jews under Nazi control in WW2, six million died and alas only five million survived.'

'We don't need evidence, we have survivors' - israeli politician

Lamprecht
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Re: Visit Palestine poster from 1936

Postby Lamprecht » 8 years 8 months ago (Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:49 pm)

Why is the poster in English if it was used in Germany?
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance -- that principle is contempt prior to investigation."
— Herbert Spencer

borjastick
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby borjastick » 8 years 8 months ago (Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:55 am)

Well the word visit is in English, the word Palestine is ok. But perhaps VISIT means the same or similar in many european countries. Either way I don't think this detracts.
'Of the four million Jews under Nazi control in WW2, six million died and alas only five million survived.'

'We don't need evidence, we have survivors' - israeli politician

Kingfisher
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Kingfisher » 8 years 8 months ago (Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:59 am)

The obvious and trivial answer would appear to be that this particular example is in English, but it would be available in several languages, like any tourism materials.

Haldan
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Haldan » 8 years 8 months ago (Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:33 am)

Kingfisher wrote:The obvious and trivial answer would appear to be that this particular example is in English, but it would be available in several languages, like any tourism materials.

It's a wild-goose chase to try and find this poster in German. I have searched everywhere on the Internet, I figured that if it exists in English it presumably would exist in German and therefore a copy would logically also be available on the Internet someplace, but there's nothing to be found.
-haldan
<?php if ($Holocaust == false ) {deny_repeatedly(); } else { investigate(); } ?>
Homage to Catalin Haldan

MaddenC

Postby MaddenC » 8 years 8 months ago (Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:26 am)

It is really very interesting and really not only from the point of view of design.
Anyway, thanks for sharing and as a newcomer I wanna say that I'm glad to join the community where so important topics are discussed.

delafeld

Postby delafeld » 8 years 8 months ago (Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:08 am)

Kingfisher wrote:The obvious and trivial answer would appear to be that this particular example is in English, but it would be available in several languages, like any tourism materials.

Here's a tourist poster partly in german from a zionist congress in Wien 1925, promoting tourism.

http://www.palestineposterproject.org/s ... 5_PPPA.jpg

EtienneSC
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby EtienneSC » 8 years 8 months ago (Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:03 am)

Haldan wrote:

It's a wild-goose chase to try and find this poster in German. I have searched everywhere on the Internet, I figured that if it exists in English it presumably would exist in German and therefore a copy would logically also be available on the Internet someplace, but there's nothing to be found.
-haldan

Surely Anglojewry was capable of generating its own independent publicity materials in the 1930s?

Haldan
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Haldan » 8 years 8 months ago (Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:27 am)

EtienneSC wrote:
Haldan wrote:

-haldan

Surely Anglojewry was capable of generating its own independent publicity materials in the 1930s?

Yes, one certainly likes to think so Etienne.

Regards,
-haldan
<?php if ($Holocaust == false ) {deny_repeatedly(); } else { investigate(); } ?>
Homage to Catalin Haldan

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”