Show me a photo of "human ash" please

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
Jillo

Show me a photo of "human ash" please

Postby Jillo » 7 years 11 months ago (Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:09 pm)

All this talk about "human ash" on this forum, yet I have never seen such a thing.

Can anyone here produce an actual photo of just "human ash?"

Remember, I'm not talking about bones and teeth, or even tiny fragments of bone and teeth.

Or a photo of a corpse inside an oven.

Just a photo of "human ash," nothing else.

And it doesn't have to be from one of the camps.

Thanks.

Also, does anyone know what the weight of "human ash" after cremation is, percentage wise, compared to the weight of all the teeth and bones?

borjastick
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Re: Show me a photo of "human ash" please

Postby borjastick » 7 years 11 months ago (Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:10 am)

Jillo I think if you go to youtube.com and find the Jacob Bronowski 'Ascent of Man' films you will find the actual footage of him at Auschwitz. He was in the pouring rain and standing in a very wet field and then pushed his hand into the water bringing it up with what he called the ashes of millions of jews. very emotional and powerful, even though it was wrong.

Human ash is very gritty, like coarse sand, and does weigh quite a lot.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7br6ibK8ic

Edited for the addition of the youtube link.
'Of the four million Jews under Nazi control in WW2, six million died and alas only five million survived.'

'We don't need evidence, we have survivors' - israeli politician

Jerzy Ulicki-Rek
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Jerzy Ulicki-Rek » 7 years 11 months ago (Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:22 am)

A pile of ashes of cremated victims in the Majdanek camp :)

Bones of victims of the Majdanek camp, in a cabbage patch :bootyshake:

Ashes at Majdanek that were used to fertilize the surrounding fields :cheers:
The sign in picture says in Polish language:":"Naruszenie lub zabieranie kompostu z kosci pomordowanych przez Niemcow ludzi karane bedzie przez sad specjalny""
"Disturbing or collecting the compost made from the bones of people murdered by Germans will be punished by special court" :alien:
Jerzy Ulicki-Rek

The Warden
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby The Warden » 7 years 11 months ago (Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:45 am)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHBaCZ3slis[/youtube]

Last time I read anything on the subject, I remember seeing the average body is reduced to 4-8 lbs, depending on things such as gender and height since the male's bone density is higher and therefore weighs more. Of course, a body that has been starved or suffered from a disease such as Typhus would weigh less, but we're told people were killed upon arrival, so you make the call.

I don't have a source and I'm not very motivated to provide one since everything I post lately is deleted or I get banned, so why take the time?
Why the Holocaust Industry exists:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2A81P6YGw_c

Jillo

Postby Jillo » 7 years 11 months ago (Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:55 am)

borjastic, you should post that video on the 'ash pond" of Auschwitz thread.

Jerzy, thanks for the effort, but I'm looking for "Just a photo of "human ash," nothing else. (Remember, I'm not talking about bones and teeth, or even tiny fragments of bone and teeth.)"

The Warden:

I don't have a source and I'm not very motivated to provide one since everything I post lately is deleted or I get banned, so why take the time?

Well Warden, I haven't been around here long enough to know what is going on with that, but maybe you can redeem yourself here by actually reading my post. I said:

Remember, I'm not talking about bones and teeth, or even tiny fragments of bone and teeth.

What you posted is exactly what I said I wasn't looking for.

And you didn't asnwer my question:

Also, does anyone know what the weight of "human ash" after cremation is, percentage wise, compared to the weight of all the teeth and bones?

borjastick
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby borjastick » 7 years 11 months ago (Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:27 pm)

Where are you trying to get to on this request Jillo? If you want to see human ash after cremation then it is readily available on google. If you want to see human ash and bones from the holocaust then there are loads of pictures but why do you want to see the ash only? What is the point?
'Of the four million Jews under Nazi control in WW2, six million died and alas only five million survived.'

Amir

Postby Amir » 7 years 11 months ago (Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:43 pm)

borjastick:

Where are you trying to get to on this request Jillo? If you want to see human ash after cremation then it is readily available on google. If you want to see human ash and bones from the holocaust then there are loads of pictures but why do you want to see the ash only? What is the point?

Why should she have to explain anything?

She just made a very simple request: "Show me a photo of 'human ash' please"

I would like to see such a photo as well.

borjastick:

it is readily available on google

I googled "photos of human ashes" and couldn't find what Jillo was looking for.

11 million people allegedly turned to "ash" durining the Holocaust and not one photo of actual "human ash?"

borjastick
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby borjastick » 7 years 11 months ago (Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:09 pm)

11 million, where did you get that figure from? I would suggest the largest figure possible to have been cremated during, or because of the holocaust would be 10% of that figure, and even then I am stretching things somewhat.

Kingfisher
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Kingfisher » 7 years 11 months ago (Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:42 pm)

Jillo wrote:

What you posted is exactly what I said I wasn't looking for.

And you didn't asnwer my question:

Your question doesn't make a lot of sense. Nearly all of what is generally called ash from a cremation is crushed bone. Almost all the soft tissue burns awau.

Amir

Postby Amir » 7 years 11 months ago (Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:24 pm)

borjastick:

"If you want to see human ash after cremation then it is readily available on google."

Then show us an example of what you say is readily available.

Kingfisher:

"Your question doesn't make a lot of sense. Nearly all of what is generally called ash from a cremation is crushed bone. Almost all the soft tissue burns awau."

The question makes perfect sense. She wants to see what human "ash" looks like. Not bones and teeth, "ash."

Your response doesn't make a lot of sense.

She's not talking about "what is generally called ash." And she's not talking about crushed bone.

Crushed bone is not ash, it's crushed bone. Ash is ash.

And if, as you say, "Almost all the soft tissue burns away," then you have somewhat answered her question:

"Does anyone know what the weight of "human ash" after cremation is, percentage wise, compared to the weight of all the teeth and bones?"

I really don't know for sure, but my guess would be, for every pound of actual ash, there would be at least 50 pounds of teeth and bone.

Kingfisher
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Kingfisher » 7 years 11 months ago (Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:12 pm)

There is no such thing as human ash which is not from bone. Fat and muscle burn.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cremation#Ash_weight_and_composition

Not all that remains is bone. There may be melted metal lumps from missed jewellery; casket furniture; dental fillings; and surgical implants, such as hip replacements.

http://www.cremationinfo.com/cremationinfo/Questions.htm

It may surprise many to learn that ashes are not the final result since cremated remains have neither the appearance nor the chemical properties of ashes. They are, in fact, bone fragments. These fragments are further reduced in size through a mechanical process.

Jillo

Postby Jillo » 7 years 11 months ago (Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:35 pm)

Kingfisher:

There is no such thing as human ash which is not from bone. Fat and muscle burn.

You are so wrong kingfisher. Very very wrong.

However, this comment:

ashes are not the final result since cremated remains have neither the appearance nor the chemical properties of ashes. They are, in fact, bone fragments.

is true.

The bone fragments don't become so called "cremation ashes" until the bone fragments are put into a devise that turns them into very small bone fragments, and not "ashes."

Meat will burn to real ash. But the amount is very small because of the high water content of the meat.

Amir:

I really don't know for sure, but my guess would be, for every pound of actual ash, there would be at least 50 pounds of teeth and bone.

Yeah, so what people should be looking for, in the Auschwitz "ash pond" for instance, is not "ashes" or even very small bone fragments, but large bone fragments like this:

Now can we get back to my original questions?

Can anyone here produce an actual photo of just "human ash?"

Does anyone know what the weight of "human ash" after cremation is, percentage wise, compared to the weight of all the teeth and bones?

Creox
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Creox » 7 years 11 months ago (Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:08 pm)

I have seen cremated remains and they are fragments of bone. There is no "ash". So to answer your question in the OP. Ash looks like bone fragments of about 2-4 mm in circumference.
So the pond of ashes would be full of such material.

The Warden
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby The Warden » 7 years 11 months ago (Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:22 am)

Apparently, someone is under the impression the Germans took the time to sort the "ash" from the bones, teeth, and other solids left behind after cremation. Now we're getting into the infamous stories about mortars and pestles, which we're aware are more cover up attempts to make the standard story line work after the fact.

I'd like to know where the OP got the idea that ash is separated after cremation... Anywhere... At any time. Even the modern day crematoriums such as the one in the video I posted show the entire remains mixed and ground into one pile.

The reason I ask is if the OP has done some reading to lead her to believe there was some sort of separation, I'd certainly like to read about it as well. Otherwise, we're dealing with more fantasy tales and assumptions from the mind of someone who hasn't done a bit of research towards her question in the first place. If this is leading to the claims of ash or the ground up bones being used as fertilizer, then I ask the OP to provide some sort of information which led to that as well.

If there's no evidence of separation, the question is moot.

If there's evidence of separation, let's see it, because I'd like to see where all those bones, teeth, and other items wound up.

By the way, here's a source that states the ashes weigh 4-8 lbs. It also explains what the ash actually consists of.
http://www.oahucemetery.org/cremation_faq.html
Perhaps the OP would like to write to the O'ahu cemetery and ask them if their totals consist of "just ash" or include the bones, and other items like most of seem to understand already?

Also note: "Ashes are calcium deposits that look like small chunks of crushed white coral. Most people mistakenly think they look like black ashes from a fire."

Here's a link to picking urn sizes:
It states "1 pound of Body Weight = 1 cubic inch of Urn Space (little less)"
http://www.memorials.com/Urns-Urn-Sizes-information.php

Surely the amount of space needed for the remains is just as good, if not better, than the weight.
But since we don't know why the OP wants to know, I'll anxiously await their research.
Why the Holocaust Industry exists:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2A81P6YGw_c

borjastick
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby borjastick » 7 years 11 months ago (Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:47 am)

The Warden is correct about the texture of the ash. When I lived in the Uk I had a house by the sea. Very nearby was a cliff top beauty spot where cremated ash was often spread. Slightly creepy perhaps but I was used to seeing this cream coloured gritty/sandy ash all over the bushes etc. There was also a smell, distinct but difficult to describe. Sort of sweet smelling, very odd.

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”