The Lampshade myth lives on - circa 2012!

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
Inquisitor
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

The Lampshade myth lives on - circa 2012!

Postby Inquisitor » 7 years 2 months ago (Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:46 pm)

The National Geographic channel, who seem to be the latest chief peddler of "holocaust" propaganda in the US, have aired a new program, digging this long-debunked myth out of the mothballs once again!

Oops...after an hour long program it's cowhide - who would have guessed! :roll:

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/c ... sels-57437

It truly never ends...

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6793&p=49032&hilit=jewish+skin+lampshade#p49032

Kingfisher
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Re: The Lampshade myth lives on - circa 2012!

Postby Kingfisher » 7 years 2 months ago (Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:24 am)

This prompted me to do a bit of googling, and I was surprised to find that the Believers, including Lipstadt, have not let go of the human skin story, though there is virtually no support these days for the soap story.
http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/Holocaust/skin.html
http://www.nizkor.org/features/denial-of-science/appendix-5-02.html
http://www.nizkor.org/ftp.cgi/people/i/irving.david/press/irving-vrs-lipstadt/Press_Summary.000131

But then, in 1993 Lipstadt still believed that 4 million died in Auschwitz.
http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=IMELYD5xxXAC&lpg=PA262&dq=AUSCHWITZ%20FOUR%20MILLION%20JEWS&pg=PA262#v=onepage&q=%22Essentially%20this%20statement%20was%20correct.%20Of%20the%20approximately%204%20million%20people%20killed%20at%20Auschwitz%20a%20minimum%20of%202%20million%20were%20Jews.%22&f=false

So much for the claims that no serious historian believed the Russian Auschwitz claim. (Oh, sorry, this is Lipstadt, professor of religion, we are talking about.)

Of course, the whole issue is just a distraction as it has nothing to do with the alleged Jewish extermination.

Mkk
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Mkk » 7 years 2 months ago (Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:15 am)

We already tackled this man's story in a thread some months back.

He himself admitted there is really no proof it's a Nazi original.
"Truth is hate for those who hate the truth"- Auchwitz lies, p.13

Hektor
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hektor » 7 years 2 months ago (Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:41 am)

My experience with Nizkor is that they are difficult to get to make a clear and distancing statement on anything, including those things most orthodox historians would agree on are "unsubstantiated" (propaganda lies).

Kingfisher
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Kingfisher » 7 years 2 months ago (Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:27 am)

Hektor wrote:My experience with Nizkor is that they are difficult to get to make a clear and distancing statement on anything, including those things most orthodox historians would agree on are "unsubstantiated" (propaganda lies).

Sorry, I should have made clear in the body of my post that the first Nizkor link (http://www.nizkor.org/features/denial-of-science/appendix-5-02.html) is simply a reprint of the text of "Nazi Soap Rumor During World War II," a letter to the editor in Los Angeles Times, 16 May 1981, part II, page 2 by Lipstadt, in which she owns up on the soap but defends the lampshade. Does she still take this view?

borjastick
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby borjastick » 7 years 2 months ago (Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:41 am)

The lampshades and soap myths are all part of the game, which is to keep the horror show in the public eye. Facts should not get in the way of a good story which in all likelihood will shock enough people into the belief that it was all true. The National Geographic programme was a classic, in as much as they knew it wasn't the real deal, but they couldn't resist leading the viewer on all the way through. It makes good tv I suppose.

If the claims of soap and human skin lampshades could be expunged from the teachings of the holohoax it would substantially reduce the Common Man's perception that the German authorities were the devil in jackboots. Lipstadt cannot and probably never will step back from the abyss of outrageous claims, because she has defined herself by them.
'Of the four million Jews under Nazi control in WW2, six million died and alas only five million survived.'

'We don't need evidence, we have survivors' - israeli politician

Inquisitor
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Inquisitor » 7 years 2 months ago (Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:47 am)

Mkk wrote:We already tackled this man's story in a thread some months back.

He himself admitted there is really no proof it's a Nazi original.

Yes - but the "Nat-Geo" program was new.

Kingfisher
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Kingfisher » 7 years 2 months ago (Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:06 am)

borjastick wrote:Lipstadt cannot and probably never will step back from the abyss of outrageous claims, because she has defined herself by them.

She rejected the soap as long ago as 1981 http://www.nizkor.org/features/denial-of-science/appendix-5-02.html, but clung to the lampshade. I was wondering if there is any indication of her current position on this.
The Nazis performed innumerable acts of horror. Acts which, were there not definite and undeniable proof of them, could be dismissed as too unbelievable to be true. The hair of Jewish women was sent back to the Reich for use by the German people. The gold was extracted from the teeth of Jews and sent to German banks to be melted down.

In certain camps, e.g. Buchenwald, there were acts even more macabre. There, the young wife of the commandant used the skin of Jews to make lampshades and other bric-a-brac for her home. The greatest act of horror, of course, was the well-nigh successful plan of the Nazis to eliminate the Jewish people from the face of the European continent.

At the risk of going OT:
Hair: What is wrong with making use of hair (if true)? It was done in France too, according to Vincent Reynouard. The suggestion that hair is evidence of murder is obvious poppycock.
Gold: I see no major issue with recovering gold from the teeth of dead persons. I have no objection in my own case, and it is routine to recover titanium implants from ashes.

Raymond

Postby Raymond » 7 years 2 months ago (Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:15 pm)

The whole thing starts out with a meth addict openly stating that he made the whole thing up to make money. . . it should end there.

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”