The upper and lower bounds of the Shoa

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
Dan Cullum

The upper and lower bounds of the Shoa

Postby Dan Cullum » 1 decade 5 years ago (Tue Dec 09, 2003 7:36 pm)

Since this forum welcomes debate, out of respect for the Jewish community here, I will refer to whatever happened as the Shoa. Revistionists hopefully will not take offense as I am referring to things that are not contested, such as the Eastern Front. I believe that at this point in this forum's evolution, that it would be proper to start a thread concerning what beliefs there are concerning the number of deaths involved and establish upper and lower boundaries in what is referred to as the Holocaust. Do the Revisionists have a consenses on a figure? I assume that many place it at 1 to 3 million. As far as the anti-Revisionists, do you accept Raul Hilberg's figure of 5.1 million or do you place it higher?

Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hannover » 1 decade 5 years ago (Tue Dec 09, 2003 7:49 pm)

You assume too much, there is no evidence for the 1,000,000 - 3,000,000 which you attribute to 'many Revisionists'.

-H.
If it can't happen as alleged, then it didn't.

Dan Cullum

Postby Dan Cullum » 1 decade 5 years ago (Tue Dec 09, 2003 8:03 pm)

Sorry, it was not my intention to presume a figure for Revisionists. How many casualties do you believe is correct? It would be a sound figure for the lower boundaries.

Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hannover » 1 decade 5 years ago (Tue Dec 09, 2003 9:59 pm)

Difficult say with precision, but I estimate 200-250,000 Jews died of all causes. That would include disease, the illegal combative partisan (called 'terrorists' today) activities they engaged in, the occasional reprisal shootings which I assume occurred as they do in all wars, etc. There were obviously no gas chambers, nor shootings on the absurd scale that the Zionists desperately allege.

That would place Jews at the low end of the victims rankings in WWII, far below the mass murder of German civilians.

- Hannover
If it can't happen as alleged, then it didn't.

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”