Holocaust study to be compulsory for NSW students

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
Mkk
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Holocaust study to be compulsory for NSW students

Postby Mkk » 6 years 11 months ago (Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:38 am)

The poll with this article shows that out of over 4500 votes, 67 percent say it should be compulsory. :(

ALL NSW students will be given mandatory lessons on the horrors of the Holocaust under sweeping changes to the school history curriculum.

The Board of Studies has confirmed it will roll out a new syllabus that will include studies of the Jewish genocide during World War II.

The changes, which will mirror compulsory Holocaust classes in most US states, the UK and many European countries, will come into effect from 2014.

The Nazi mass slaughter of more than six million Jews, regarded as the darkest chapter of modern history, has only been available to students in Australia as an optional component in history classes.

The Board of Studies will make it mandatory for all history students up to Year 10.

"The Holocaust is now a mandatory inclusion in the Australian Curriculum, Assessment and Reporting Authority's history overview," a spokeswoman for the Board of Studies confirmed.

It will also be included in deeper history studies on Australians at war as part of "the nature and scope of 20th-century war".

The Australian Jewish community has the largest percentage of Holocaust survivors in the world, with the exception of Israel.

Should the study of the Holocaust be compulsory in NSW? Tell us below

The NSW Jewish Board of Deputies, which has been lobbying for compulsory Holocaust teachings for the past three years, said NSW had set the benchmark for the rest of the country.

It is now calling on the Gillard government to join about 28 other Western nations and sign up to the Task Force for International Co-operation on Holocaust Education, Remembrance and Research.

Jewish Board of Deputies CEO Vic Aldaheff said: "Making the teaching of the Holocaust mandatory up to Year 10 is a tremendous step forward and the NSW Board of Studies and NSW Department of Education are to be applauded for their vision and foresight.

"Although the Holocaust was unique, its lessons about the essential fragility of human civilisation are universal.

"The Holocaust is a warning to every generation about the potential for evil, especially as a consequence of racial hatred, and about the inherent evil of totalitarian regimes.

"It teaches us that every generation owes it to itself and to future generations to cherish, and if necessary fight to defend, the sanctity of life, dignity and freedom."

The Board of Studies spokeswoman said the decision to make studying the Holocaust mandatory was taken after long consultations with the community and teachers.

"The development of the new K-10 syllabuses involved consultation with a range of teachers and community representatives. The board did not receive a submission from the Jewish Board of Deputies during the consultation phase," the spokeswoman said.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/h ... 6532472597
"Truth is hate for those who hate the truth"- Auchwitz lies, p.13

Hektor
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Re: Holocaust study to be compulsory for NSW students

Postby Hektor » 6 years 11 months ago (Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:46 am)

Let's hope they get fed up and start being more interested in Revisionism :)

Jerzy Ulicki-Rek
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Jerzy Ulicki-Rek » 6 years 11 months ago (Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:54 am)

Looks that we will have to do a lot of work to stop this madness.
Start tomorrow.
Will keep you informed.

Jerzy

Kingfisher
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Kingfisher » 6 years 11 months ago (Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:50 am)

The important thing is to get through to students that there are cogent arguments that what they are being taught is not history but propaganda.

This cannot be done via any official channels as they are all closed to us. But the younger they are the more at home they are on the Internet. We need material geared to a younger generation. Denierbud's movies are great, but with the exception of Auschwitz they are too long for the "Now" generation with so many more demands on their time.

Hektor
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hektor » 6 years 11 months ago (Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:32 am)

Kingfisher wrote:... Denierbud's movies are great, but with the exception of Auschwitz they are too long for the "Now" generation with so many more demands on their time.

One anyway needs to start with an audience that got more patience.

friedrichjansson
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby friedrichjansson » 6 years 11 months ago (Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:42 am)

Kingfisher wrote:The important thing is to get through to students that there are cogent arguments that what they are being taught is not history but propaganda.

This cannot be done via any official channels as they are all closed to us. But the younger they are the more at home they are on the Internet. We need material geared to a younger generation. Denierbud's movies are great, but with the exception of Auschwitz they are too long for the "Now" generation with so many more demands on their time.

It's true that revisionism needs better "marketing." We have pretty good introductory books - Rudolf's Lectures and Dalton's book - but I don't know of a really well done integrated internet-length introduction. I can't even think of any well made materials for flyers.

We certainly do need more accessible and attention getting videos. Someone willing to talk about revisionism on camera could have a real impact by making a youtube channel and uploading a lot of 3-5 minute videos discussing revisionist arguments. It isn't logic that has been lacking, but presentation, and a lot of people like to watch to an animated person talking on camera .

People on this forum are perfectly situated to address this lack of materials. Revisionism has advanced enough that it's difficult for dilettantes to carry out truly original research, but there's a great deal of perfectly accessible didactic, presentational, and promotional work to be done.

(On a self-promoting note: I believe I know of some shorter videos...)

Hektor
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hektor » 6 years 11 months ago (Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:27 pm)

The examining and analyzing the evidence creates an on the edge situation. Showing that the Allies, Communists and Zionists did promote the Holocaust myth even before it was supposed to start will however make sure they'll distrust the narrative.

Jerzy Ulicki-Rek
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Jerzy Ulicki-Rek » 6 years 11 months ago (Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:33 pm)

Open letter to NSW Minister for Education ***

The Hon. Adrian Piccoli BEc, LLB MP

Dear Sir

Few minutes ago I did have a short telephone conversation with a person from your office.
I have been told that you are a right person to be addressed with my query.

Dear Sir
Few days ago Department of Education announced the compulsory education in schools in NSW about the event in history called"holocaust".

I do understand that we have a powerful Jewish lobby in Australia and you -being a politician -are doing you best to secure you position and well being.

For me however the EDUCATION of our children is far more important .

My name is Jerzy Ulicki-Rek.
Almost 30 years ago I escaped "illegally" without the passport from -at that time-communist Poland.

For last 30 years I watched with worry and distress the death of free speech in Australia.
Australia "the land of free".

I watched the death of scientific debate .
I watched the rise of "political correctness" which in practice was used as a tool to gag anything not blessed with political convulsion.

Several days ago you announced the drastic slash of found for education in NSW .
1,7 billion.

At the same time your office informed us about the new compulsory subject in NSW schools :"holocaust".

Let me tell you ,Sir, that I spend last 30 years (out of my 58 on this planet) looking for one ,single proof to support the official "holo' version of history.

(I hope you will understand that being a Pole I do not have any reason to like German and my re-search was not comfortable for me because of mixed emotion.

Despite those emotion I decided that historical truth is more important and I pushed through.)

So far despite my best efforts I was unable to discover anything supporting the official version of the events called "holocaust"

I discovered however that the official version ,unsupported by one shred of evidence doesn't"hold water".

I discovered that in many countries(including unfortunately Australia) people are jailed for rising the questions in relation to so called "holocaust"

I discovered that we don't have anything ,(not contradictory to the law of chemistry,physics ,nature and common sense ) to support the official "holocaust" version.

Version which is ,by the way,constantly corrected under the pressure of independent and brave historians.

And now organization called "Department of Education' is going to feed this incredible fable to our children?!

Made the learning about the steam chambers,electric chambers,gas chambers and few others-COMPULSORY!?

In this case the government department you are head of should change its name to "Department of Compulsory Brain Washing" because it has noting to do with any education.

I would like to voice my strongest protest against such manipulation of research,science and historical truth.

Such parody should never take place in a country like Australia.
Country famous for years around the world for is cold ,skeptical and rational thinking.

Compulsory teaching of politically correct version of history is not a "fair dinkum " but share nonsense.

Let me ask you:what will happened to children who refuse to participate in this new "education' program?
Will they be jailed or "just' expelled ?

Will they have any chance to future education or this is a new tool to bread a next generation of politically correct humanoids?

I will do my best to rise people's awareness about this new threat to our independent thinking.

In addition I will publish this OPEN LETTER on my website.
Website which is coming to 30 millions visitors from 29 countries in just 4 years , as well as on many other websites around the world.

I will make sure that as many people as possible will learn about you action.

Regards

Jerzy Ulicki-Rek

Send to: [email protected] <[email protected]>

***Holocaust study to be compulsory for NSW students

EXCLUSIVE by Simon Benson The Daily Telegraph December 08, 2012 12:00AM

ALL NSW students will be given mandatory lessons on the horrors of the Holocaust under sweeping changes to the school history curriculum.

The Board of Studies has confirmed it will roll out a new syllabus that will include studies of the Jewish genocide during World War II.

The changes, which will mirror compulsory Holocaust classes in most US states, the UK and many European countries, will come into effect from 2014.

The Nazi mass slaughter of more than six million Jews, regarded as the darkest chapter of modern history, has only been available to students in Australia as an optional component in history classes.

The Board of Studies will make it mandatory for all history students up to Year 10.

"The Holocaust is now a mandatory inclusion in the Australian Curriculum, Assessment and Reporting Authority's history overview," a spokeswoman for the Board of Studies confirmed.

Should the study of the Holocaust be compulsory in NSW?
Tell us below.

Results: Story poll

Should NSW students study the Holocaust?

Yes
67%(3392 votes)
No
33%(1671 votes)

It will also be included in deeper history studies on Australians at war as part of "the nature and scope of 20th-century war".

The Australian Jewish community has the largest percentage of Holocaust survivors in the world, with the exception of Israel.

The NSW Jewish Board of Deputies, which has been lobbying for compulsory Holocaust teachings for the past three years, said NSW had set the benchmark for the rest of the country.

It is now calling on the Gillard government to join about 28 other Western nations and sign up to the Task Force for International Co-operation on Holocaust Education, Remembrance and Research.

Jewish Board of Deputies CEO Vic Aldaheff said: "Making the teaching of the Holocaust mandatory up to Year 10 is a tremendous step forward and the NSW Board of Studies and NSW Department of Education are to be applauded for their vision and foresight.

"Although the Holocaust was unique, its lessons about the essential fragility of human civilisation are universal.

"The Holocaust is a warning to every generation about the potential for evil, especially as a consequence of racial hatred, and about the inherent evil of totalitarian regimes.

"It teaches us that every generation owes it to itself and to future generations to cherish, and if necessary fight to defend, the sanctity of life, dignity and freedom."

The Board of Studies spokeswoman said the decision to make studying the Holocaust mandatory was taken after long consultations with the community and teachers.

"The development of the new K-10 syllabuses involved consultation with a range of teachers and community representatives. The board did not receive a submission from the Jewish Board of Deputies during the consultation phase," the spokeswoman said.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/h ... 6532472597
Wolna Polska zaczyna sie tutaj

Jerzy Ulicki-Rek

http://www.polskawalczaca.com/viewtopic ... 983#p45983
Last edited by Jerzy Ulicki-Rek on Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kingfisher
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Kingfisher » 6 years 11 months ago (Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:53 am)

Jerzy: Get it proof read before you send it. You aren't a native English speaker and there are are a few things that should be changed. PM me if you'd like me to do it.

Mortimer
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Mortimer » 6 years 11 months ago (Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:15 am)

Are there any schoolkids that still look at comic books? If so you could show them TALES OF THE HOLOHOAX www.vho.org/aaargh/fran/livres9/TalesV2.pdf
There are 2 sides to every story - always listen or read both points of view and make up your own mind. Don't let others do your thinking for you.

Jerzy Ulicki-Rek
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Jerzy Ulicki-Rek » 6 years 11 months ago (Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:42 am)

Kingfisher wrote:Jerzy: Get it proof read before you send it. You aren't a native English speaker and there are are a few things that should be changed. PM me if you'd like me to do it.

Thanks a lot
You can PR it if you like and I will re-send this.
Good idea because other ministers and MP are waiting next in line :)
Thanks for the offer of help.

Jerzy

Jerzy Ulicki-Rek
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Jerzy Ulicki-Rek » 6 years 10 months ago (Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:06 am)

From today's post:

"Greetings Jerzy,
I believe I have the correct Email Address.
Thanks for writing the letter to the Minister in OZ.

Im an Australian, my parents were Austrian/German and I have spent over 40 yrs researching the same subject as you have and Ive come to the same conclusions.
I live most of the year in Germany and the 'democratic' Govt we have here does scan all emails and Telephone calls for certain information so I have to be careful of what I say in this letter.
In January Im off to OZ again so I can write to you more freely from there and I can supply you with a lot more info from my research (If you are interested) If yes just let me know

regards

Paul"

Jerzy

Marcy Fleming

Postby Marcy Fleming » 6 years 10 months ago (Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:09 pm)

I lived in Sydney for a while some years ago and a dreary leftist intellectual atmosphere dominated. Most Australians are not individualists and cowed by the government which promotes political correctness while narrowing the boundaries of free speech.
The ongoing persecution of Mr. Toben is notorious. Some years before I lived in Sydney (the capital of New South Wales) there was a John Bennett who headed a civil liberties group and was a holocaust revisionist. I don't if he died or what.
What's amazing to me is that even if you accepted the standard Shoah nonsense, which as an Irish American Jew I do not, the mass murders by the Soviets and Mao top them twenty times over at least. I never heard a peep of protest about these when I lived there.
Much of the labour Left in Australia is quite pro-Israel too ! I lived in Tel Aviv for two years and I heard much more criticism of Israeli policies there than I did in Australia or for that matter here in my native San Francisco.
I tried to contact Anna Patty who wrote the insipid piece in the Sydney Morning Herald about this new Shoah Business stunt but was unable to find her email address. If anyone has it please let me know.
My brother has an international business divided between Sydney and Newark, NJ. He actually prefers Newark as Australia is increasingly becoming a model of the EU police states.
I write this to give a cultural-political context to this new development of open agit-prop in the schools there.

Armor105
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Armor105 » 6 years 10 months ago (Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:54 pm)

It's a fantastic letter Jerzy.

Greetings Marcy. Welcome to the boards and nice to have another Jew on board!

(I was Jewish for 30 years, I'm Christian now, but Jews still consider me Jewish :D )
Rom 13:12 The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light.

Marcy Fleming

Postby Marcy Fleming » 6 years 10 months ago (Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:45 pm)

Thanks very much, Armor. I'm happy to be here. I had 16 years of classical Jesuit education at Roman Catholic schools in San Francisco and a Jesuit university in Texas. So I have great respect for the Christian tradition, just not religious but very much into western philosophy.

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”