Testimonies on flames from Auschwitz crematorium chimneys

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
Zulu
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Re: Testimonies on flames from Auschwitz crematorium chimney

Postby Zulu » 6 years 10 months ago (Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:23 pm)

friedrichjansson wrote:Speaking of Olere, here's another of his flaming chimneys:

That one also "Their Last Steps" from http://fcit.usf.edu/holocaust/gallery2/D26.htm

David Olere Big Flames.gif
David Olere Big Flames.gif (105.85 KiB) Viewed 4049 times

More "Destruction of the Jewish People"

David OLere Destruction of the Jewish People D96.gif
David OLere Destruction of the Jewish People D96.gif (65.37 KiB) Viewed 4049 times

Zulu
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Zulu » 6 years 10 months ago (Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:31 pm)

Bob wrote:TheBlackRabbitofInlé - crematoria in concentration camps (or in Auschwitz which is in question here) worked differently than civilian crematoria, smoke was emitted from the chimneys, this is also supported by photos which show layer of soot on the top of the chimneys.

There is an interesting article of Robert Bartec in the Inconvenient History Site "Smoking Crematory Chimney at Auschwitz: A Correction"
It is about the smoke that Carlo Mattogno thinks to have seen on Krema III on the air photo of Aug. 20, 1944.
http://inconvenienthistory.com/archive/ ... chwitz.php

TheBlackRabbitofInlé
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby TheBlackRabbitofInlé » 6 years 10 months ago (Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:28 pm)

Over the loud speaker came an announcement asking all children under eighteen to report to the authorities so we could get milk, butter, and possibly eggs. After all the lies the Nazis told, we were still naïve enough to hope that maybe this time they were telling the truth. With Zosia's approval, I and about ten others, including some older ones who, because of malnutrition, could easily have passed for younger, reported. We were taken to what was called a children's barracks. As soon as we entered that place, I had a nagging suspicion. I saw no sleeping bunks, and I regretted that move. There were approximately two hundred of us; we all succumbed to the allure of more and better food. Just as I realized that we were fooled again, a young Hungarian girl came over. She handed me a bucket full of human excrement and ordered me to follow her. She led me to an exit door. She told the German watchman that we were the cleaning crew. He must have known her, so he did not stop us from leaving. As soon as we were out of his sight, she told me to drop the bucket and run after her. She took me back to the barracks; then she stopped and told me to look back. I saw a huge chimney from which flames and smoke were gushing. She said that this was the crematorium. She also told me that all those children they gathered were scheduled to be exterminated next.

- Mary Natan, Polish Jew, survivor of Auschwitz II (Birkenau) and Bergen-Belsen, talking about an incident on her second day at Auschwitz II (Birkenau).

Natan, Mary. Nightmares and Smiles. Bloomington, IN: Xlibris Corporation. 2007. p.52.
http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=SfZu ... 22&f=false

Mary Natan also told this tale in her video testimony recorded by the USC Shoah Foundation on August 10, 1994.
http://youtu.be/zBvQMcAHwpw?t=1h43m55s

[edited for typos]
Last edited by TheBlackRabbitofInlé on Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nazis tried to create super-soldiers, using steroids ... they sought to reanimate the dead—coffins of famous Germanic warriors were found hidden in a mine, with plans to bring them back to life at the war’s end.
- Prof. Noah Charney

Mkk
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Mkk » 6 years 10 months ago (Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:36 pm)

TheBlackRabbitofInlé wrote:
Mkk wrote:Zulu,

The film is Uwe Boll's "Auschwitz", 2011.

Here is a full video with translatable Romanian captions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L08fBPDn ... re=related

I like the way the Sonderkommados now wear gas masks

gassing prodceedure: http://youtu.be/L08fBPDnjYk?t=39m25s

But the image of the flaming chimney's not from it, the smoking chimney is though:
http://youtu.be/L08fBPDnjYk?t=47m16s

Strangely, the SK take off the gas masks when entering the crematoria room, despite no ventilation being shown. Surely they too would be gassed?

The movie also does away with the whole Auschwitz elevator problem.

Although from the way the crematoria looks (no elevator, above ground) it's probably meant to be Crems 4 or 5.
"Truth is hate for those who hate the truth"- Auchwitz lies, p.13

TheBlackRabbitofInlé
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby TheBlackRabbitofInlé » 6 years 10 months ago (Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:03 pm)

Mkk wrote:Although from the way the crematoria looks (no elevator, above ground) it's probably meant to be Crems 4 or 5.

This is purely academic, as this silly film contradicts the Orthodox gassing narrative (as laid out by Pressac and Van Pelt) numerous times, but in Krema 4 and 5, the Zyklon B was supposedly entered through windows in the walls (covered by wooden hatches), and not through the roof (as supposedly happened in Krema 2 and 3) as depicted in this silly film.
Nazis tried to create super-soldiers, using steroids ... they sought to reanimate the dead—coffins of famous Germanic warriors were found hidden in a mine, with plans to bring them back to life at the war’s end.
- Prof. Noah Charney

friedrichjansson
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby friedrichjansson » 6 years 10 months ago (Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:18 pm)

TheBlackRabbitofInlé wrote:
Mkk wrote:Although from the way the crematoria looks (no elevator, above ground) it's probably meant to be Crems 4 or 5.

This is purely academic, as this silly film contradicts the Orthodox gassing narrative (as laid out by Pressac and Van Pelt) numerous times, but in Krema 4 and 5, the Zyklon B was supposedly entered through windows in the walls (covered by wooden hatches), and not through the roof (as supposedly happened in Krema 2 and 3) as depicted in this silly film.

It looks like it's mainly based on krema I - flat roof, zyklon dropped through holes in roof, double muffle ovens. Of course it also has the Kula columns from kremas II and III...

TheBlackRabbitofInlé
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby TheBlackRabbitofInlé » 6 years 10 months ago (Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:15 pm)

All the crematory ovens burn without interruption, day and night. The sinister flames redden the sky. A repugnant odour fills the air. When the transports leave Hungary, the camp is advised, and the ovens are lit in Auschwitz. [...] A great skill of the Germans: this great work of destruction is so well camouflaged that the victims wait peacefully to enter the crematorium. They believe themselves to be entering a bathing establishment, from where after a rigorous cleansing, they will be directed to the work determined for them. For them, the chimneys are factory chimneys. There, where the flames rise, they believe that their suitcases and personal belongings are being burned.

Polish Jew Charles Papiernik

Papiernik, Charles. trans.: Sadow, Stephen A. Unbroken: From Auschwitz to Buenos Aires. Uni. New Mexico Press. 2004. p.79.
http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=0FAs ... 22&f=false
- Prof. Noah Charney

Bob
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Bob » 6 years 10 months ago (Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:22 pm)

Zulu wrote:
Bob wrote:TheBlackRabbitofInlé - crematoria in concentration camps (or in Auschwitz which is in question here) worked differently than civilian crematoria, smoke was emitted from the chimneys, this is also supported by photos which show layer of soot on the top of the chimneys.

There is an interesting article of Robert Bartec in the Inconvenient History Site "Smoking Crematory Chimney at Auschwitz: A Correction"
It is about the smoke that Carlo Mattogno thinks to have seen on Krema III on the air photo of Aug. 20, 1944.
http://inconvenienthistory.com/archive/ ... chwitz.php

I am this "Robert Bartec", but this is only a pseudonym. The idea and evidence is from me, but Germar Rudolf prepared article and enlarged it since my English needed to be corrected, but originally, I did not plan to publish it in this way, I only wanted to inform Carlo Mattogno.

Mkk wrote:...

This is hodge-podge version which does not corresponds with historiography, many things omitted or invented. All because is not possible to reproduce it in the movie because of simple reason - this is not technically possible. If somebody wants to reproduce it in full, then one risks that viewers can be converted to "deniers".

Mkk
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Mkk » 6 years 10 months ago (Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:25 pm)

So the Uwe Boll gas chamber seems to be a wierd mish mash of all 3 gas chamber designs.

Uwe Boll's film is the only one* to show a gassing. The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas shows the entrance to the gas chamber, but not the gassing or cremation.

BISP.jpg
Gas chamber scene in ending of BSP
BISP.jpg (13.71 KiB) Viewed 4389 times

*That I'm aware of.
"Truth is hate for those who hate the truth"- Auchwitz lies, p.13

TheBlackRabbitofInlé
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby TheBlackRabbitofInlé » 6 years 10 months ago (Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:45 pm)

http://ww2.gazette.net/gazette_archive/ ... 694-1.html

My first impression was of the dark sky above with many sparkling stars. Below one could see a yellow glare from endless lines of perimeter lights. Our destination looked like a network of rectangular streets in a large city with brightly lit avenues enclosing dark shadows of wooden barracks. On the horizon, a bright yellow flame was flickering from a huge chimney on the top of a large structure. (p.88)

Early October was warm and only in the evening could one feel the light westerly winds that carried the ubiquitous smell of sweet, burnt flesh. I occasionally looked west at the crematoria smokestacks. The yellow and red flames could be seen most of the times above all four crematoria buildings. (p.122)

I turned around and looked north. Crematoria II and III were blasting full speed. Red and yellow flames roared from both chimneys. Now I did not have any doubts. This was still Birkenau extermination camp. (p.125)

The electrified fence around Crematorium III was further screened with closely planted pines to prevent us from seeing anything inside the courtyard. I wondered if I should attempt to ask for a transfer from the hospital to the Men's Camp. The proximity of the crematoria, the stench in the air, and the flames overhead reminded us constantly of our uncertain future. (p.163)

On the west side of the camp, closer to the Wisla River, tall, square, and dark chimney stacks discharged flames from the crematoria ovens. (p.185)

In the darkness of the night, with all the security lights shining, the clearly visible red and sometimes yellow flames continuously coming out from the crematoria chimneys reminded us of our fellow prisoner's fate. (p.186)

Polish gentile John Wiernicki remembers the chimneys of Auschwitz II (Birkenau)

Wiernicki, John. War in the Shadow of Auschwitz: Memoirs of a Polish Resistance Fighter and Survivor of the Death Camps. Syracuse University Press. 2001.
- Prof. Noah Charney

TheBlackRabbitofInlé
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby TheBlackRabbitofInlé » 6 years 10 months ago (Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:03 pm)

At last we were marched away. We tramped past a charming forest on the outskirts of which stood a red brick building. Great flames belched from the chimney, and the strange, sickening, sweetish odor which had greeted us upon our arrival, attacked us even more powerfully now. (p.33/4)

At night the glow of the flames from the chimneys of the mysterious baker showed through the crevices in the walls. (p.41)

"You see those flames? That's the crematory oven. It would go bad with you if you let on that you knew. Call it by the name we use: the bakery. ..." (p.44)

Later that night the long red flames flashed from the chimneys of the crematory building. (p.122)

Lengyel, Ogla. Five Chimneys. London, Grafton. 1989 (first published 1947).

This tale, plus many more from Ogla Lengyel's book (but not the one about the dogs specially trained to copulate with human females) make it into the Talmud of the Holocaust:

Last edited by TheBlackRabbitofInlé on Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Prof. Noah Charney

TheBlackRabbitofInlé
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby TheBlackRabbitofInlé » 6 years 10 months ago (Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:25 pm)

The man pointed to the tall chimney several hundred yards from where they stood. Red flames and oily black smoke belched into the gray skies of Poland.

Viktor Frankl, Auschwitzer, neurologist and psychiatrist

Redsand, Anna. Viktor Frankl: A Life Worth Living. NY: Houghton Mifflin. 2006. p.72.
- Prof. Noah Charney

TheBlackRabbitofInlé
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby TheBlackRabbitofInlé » 6 years 10 months ago (Sat Jan 12, 2013 5:45 pm)

Another from Auschwitz II (Birkenau) escapee, and cousin-once-removed of Rudolf Hoess' interrogator Vera Atkins née Rosenberg, Rudolf Vrba née Walter Rosenberg.

Birkenau camp was divided into two main sections. As we marched down the concrete road which lay between them, we could see the glow of the flaming ditches growing brighter and the clean lines of the brand-new concrete crematorium standing out starkly before us, yellow flame stabbing the sky from the top of its tall chimney.

Vrba, Rudolf. I Escaped from Auschwitz. London: Robson. 2006. p.177.
http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=YOBM ... 22&f=false
- Prof. Noah Charney

Hektor
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hektor » 6 years 10 months ago (Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:06 pm)

TheBlackRabbitofInlé wrote:Image

Another from Auschwitz II (Birkenau) escapee, and cousin-once-removed of Rudolf Hoess' interrogator Vera Atkins née Rosenberg, Rudolf Vrba née Walter Rosenberg.

Birkenau camp was divided into two main sections. As we marched down the concrete road which lay between them, we could see the glow of the flaming ditches growing brighter and the clean lines of the brand-new concrete crematorium standing out starkly before us, yellow flame stabbing the sky from the top of its tall chimney.

Bingo got a combo:
http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=fj ... ames&hl=en
Article by Elie Wiesel, the pope himself, with a couple of apostles as already mentioned!

TheBlackRabbitofInlé
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby TheBlackRabbitofInlé » 6 years 10 months ago (Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:12 pm)

http://www.bibliotekapiosenki.pl/Zywulska_Krystyna
High up, the chimney was exuding red flames. Just the same. An SS man rode by on a bicycle. He kicked an old woman in passing. She gave a piercing cry. (p.105)

The girls worked through the night, in the light of the huge reflector and of the red flames from the chimneys. (p.121)

The night was very dark. The Gipsy camp was in the same direction as the women's camp. We had to take the death trail. The sentry-box, which stood high above the fence, was bright with lights. Every step took us deeper into the chasm of fire. The burning had reached a peak that night. Every chimney was disgorging flames. Smoke burst from the holes and ditches, swirling, swaying and coiling above our heads. Sparks and cinders blinded us. Through the screened fence of the second crematory we could see figures with pitch forks moving against the background of flames. They were men from the special squad turning the corpses in the pits and pouring a special liquid so that they would burn better. A rancid smell of scorched flesh choked us. Big trucks passed us trailing a smell of corpses. Somewhere from the direction of the white villa, we were pursued by moans and cries. (p.179)

Polish-Jew Krystyna Zywulska's memories of Auschwitz

Żywulska, Krystyna. I Came Back. London: Dobson. 1951 (trans. from Polish original).
- Prof. Noah Charney

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”