David Cole resurfaces?!

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
Creox
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

David Cole resurfaces?!

Postby Creox » 6 years 9 months ago (Fri May 03, 2013 7:07 pm)

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/05/03/gop-party-animal-unmasked-as-holocaust-revisionist/

Bizarre story of how David Cole changed his name to David Stein after being threatened years ago for holocaust revisionism.

He states his views haven't changed but was quoted as saying this:

"‘I haven’t changed my views’

The recanting was fake, he said. Cole today still challenges established Holocaust scholarship, including the certainty about Nazi gas chambers. “The best guess is yes, there were gas chambers” he says. “But there is still a lot of murkiness about the camps. I haven’t changed my views. But I regret I didn’t have the facility with language that I have now. I was just a kid,” he said this week."

I cannot imagine him saying there were homicidal gas chambers if he hasn't changed his views so he must be talking about the ones used to kill lice?

At any rate I am pleased but puzzled as to his choice of going under cover.

Thoughts?

Edit

I found the original article from the Guardian:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/may/03/david-stein-cole-holocaust-revisionist

Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Re: David Cole resurfaces?!

Postby Hannover » 6 years 9 months ago (Fri May 03, 2013 9:43 pm)

Curious. Why would someone change their name to avoid harassment and persecution, but then tell the world that 'David Stein' is really David Cole? The whole point of the name change has now been negated.

'Homicidal' gas chambers? There's no way he really believes that. His word gymnastics are obvious.

The entire article is nothing more than the typical far left character assassination. Completely one sided.

Cheers to David Cole. I expect we'll hear more from him.

- Hannover
If it can't happen as alleged, then it didn't.

Dresden
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Dresden » 6 years 9 months ago (Fri May 03, 2013 10:23 pm)

by the 1980s he had become fascinated by political ideology, especially the work of fringe scholars known then as Holocaust revisionists, subsequently renamed denialists.

He became convinced that on some points they were right and that as a Jew, he would undertake a quixotic quest to “correct” the historical record, arguing that Auschwitz was not an extermination camp in the manner of Treblinka, Sobibor, Belzac and Chelmno – which he acknowledged were part of a genocidal programme against Polish Jews; that the Holocaust ended in 1943, when the Nazis realised they needed Jewish slave labour for factories; and that there was no overarching, genocidal plan, but an evolving, morphing policy which claimed perhaps 4 million, rather than 6 million, Jewish lives

These are not David Cole's words, they are the words of the Guardian.

You'll never get any real, concrete, unambiguous truth out of the Guardian, just smoke and mirrors, and twistspeak!

The only way we'll know what David Cole believes, is if he makes a video explaining what he believes so we can see his face and judge whether he's sincere, or coerced.
I wouldn't even trust an article written by him!

The new David 'Stein' Cole is a dead issue; his work stands on its own merits.
His 46 Questions remain unanswerable to this day.
Maybe, just maybe, they believe what they are telling you about the 'holocaust', but maybe, just maybe, their contempt for your intelligence and your character is beyond anything you could ever have imagined. -- Bradley Smith

haarp1

Postby haarp1 » 6 years 9 months ago (Sat May 04, 2013 5:28 am)

Ry Dawson over at Rys2sense.com is going to try and get an interview with him

astro3
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby astro3 » 6 years 9 months ago (Sat May 04, 2013 10:00 am)

Might as well hear Kevin Barrett's view on VT: (http://www.veteranstoday.com/2013/05/04/cole-stein/)
'The West Coast Republican Party establishment is howling with rage, livid that many of its leading figures were “tricked” by David Stein – the founder of “Republican Party Animals”...The thought of all those Hollywood Republican bigwigs and neocon poobahs making “Holocaust denier” David Cole their go-to guy for socializing has them all rolling around on the floor convulsing in rage. The rest of us are rolling around convulsing in laughter. ..

But the best part about the whole story is – get this – David Cole, under his new name “David Stein,” has been earning a living making mainstream Holocaust documentaries…which he apparently doesn’t believe a word of! His explanation: “I gave mainstream audiences what they wanted.”
Too much! David, you have just earned yourself a Larry Silverstein Award for Chutzpah Above and Beyond the Call of Duty.
And you have proved that chutzpah is not just for assholes like Silverstein. It’s also for guys like you who are too cool for words, and who somehow retain a shred or two of integrity under seriously difficult circumstances

The Republicans who were partying with David Cole yesterday, and falling all over themselves to disown him today, are even more disgusting.
These people apparently have no arguments. So they bleat like terrified sheep, or howl like rabid jackals, as they scramble to distance themselves from the one intelligent human being in their midst – the one guy with the ability to think for himself, the one guy with a shred of integrity.

So I guess my plan to nominate David Cole as the Messiah needs to be put on hold.
But somehow, I still love the guy. He obviously has not just a shred of integrity, but several shreds. It would have been easy for him to disown his revisionism – but he won’t do it. That’s impressive

Haldan
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Haldan » 6 years 9 months ago (Sat May 04, 2013 10:16 am)

Here are some of the more bizarre quotes found in the commentary section of The Raw Story's article:
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/05/03/g ... visionist/

Cole/Stein is despicable, [...] a Right Wing Fascist

What a freak.

His whole story is just pathetic. Narcissistic sociopath.

As David Cole, he was anti-Semitic, he hated Jews.
As David Stein, he is anti-Semitic, he hates Arabs.

He looks like a cross breed between Nosferatu and Eddie Munster.

There are several on this very thread who agree with this lowlife Nazi.

Little bastard got what he deserved.

Things were "murky" at the death camps because the nazis tried to hide their crimes. Just as Mr. Cole tried to hide his hatred.

So he picked a Jewish sounding last name to hide behind?? He should have just renamed himself David Duke.

Those are just scratching the surface. I probably missed a lot of comments that were much more worse than these. Always the same routine with Holocaust Believers — knee-jerk reactions mixed with irrationality (often hateful irrationality). What a bunch.

Regards,
-haldan
<?php if ($Holocaust == false ) {deny_repeatedly(); } else { investigate(); } ?>
Homage to Catalin Haldan

spaceboy

Postby spaceboy » 6 years 9 months ago (Sat May 04, 2013 11:24 am)

Since the cat's out of the bag now, I hope that he'll start to work on revisionist material again.

He has made mainstream Holocaust documentaries which have been praised by Bill Clinton and former U.N. Secretary General Kofi Annan. If he would release new revisionist material, it would probably be ground-breaking, and it would maybe even infiltrate the mainstream opinion. Hopefully, he'll take advantage of this.

Haldan
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Haldan » 6 years 9 months ago (Sat May 04, 2013 12:09 pm)

For those that want to, send David some nice thoughts:

http://www.countercontempt.com/archives/4716

:wink:

-haldan
<?php if ($Holocaust == false ) {deny_repeatedly(); } else { investigate(); } ?>
Homage to Catalin Haldan

Breker
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Breker » 6 years 9 months ago (Sat May 04, 2013 12:23 pm)

In the public relations business the saying is 'any publicity is better than no publicity'.
While the less-than-brilliant are howling, the fact of the matter is this story is great publicity for Revisionism. Another salami step, piece by piece. Thank you, Guardian.
B.
Revisionists are just the messengers, the impossibility of the "Holocaust" narrative is the message.

haarp1

Postby haarp1 » 6 years 9 months ago (Sat May 04, 2013 12:41 pm)

List of films he's worked on over the decades

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1783655/?ref_=fn_al_nm_5

Jerzy Ulicki-Rek
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Jerzy Ulicki-Rek » 6 years 9 months ago (Sat May 04, 2013 2:00 pm)

Thank you haarp1.
Important link.

Jerzy

Kingfisher
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Kingfisher » 6 years 9 months ago (Sat May 04, 2013 5:06 pm)

At least the Guardian didn't just shut this down, but gave it some publicity. But they spoilt this by deleting all the sceptical comments. I managed to save some of them
Stephen Cowley

04 May 2013 9:07am
Recommend

It is noteworthy that a maker of holocaust documentaries had no qualifications as a historian and apparently didn't believe the content. I do wish people would move on from the tedious leftist denunciatory rhetoric of this article - the famous "unmasked" in the headline for example - at least where it gets in the way of studying the history of the Jews in Europe.

Share this comment on Twitter
Share this comment on Facebook

horemheb

04 May 2013 9:08am
Recommend

Sick man, though I suppose entitled in a free society to his warped, deluded views.

–1
georgef

04 May 2013 10:52am
Recommend

"Auschwitz was not an extermination camp in the manner of Treblinka, Sobibor, Belzac and Chelmno – which he acknowledged were part of a genocidal programme against Polish Jews; that the Holocaust ended in 1943, when the Nazis realised they needed Jewish slave labour for factories; and that there was no overarching, genocidal plan, but an evolving, morphing policy which claimed perhaps 4 million, rather than 6 million, Jewish lives."

So the specific claim is he denies Auschwitz, has an alternate timeline, and claims that German Jews were spared to become slave laborers but accepts the remaining elements of the Holocaust? I personally thought to be a 'denier' you had to deny the whole thing.

Ricosoavarooski

04 May 2013 12:25pm
Recommend

GUILLERMOL17

04 May 2013 11:56am
Recommend

your a waste a space mr cole

David Baillie

04 May 2013 1:19pm

This comment was removed by a moderator because it didn't abide by our community standards. Replies may also be deleted. For more detail see our FAQs.
sheikratlnrol

04 May 2013 3:30pm
Recommended

just asking, if one challenges the concentration camp soap stories does that make one a holocaust denier?

Chris Sion Roberts

04 May 2013 5:20pm
Recommend

Roughly 15.000,000 Jews in the World by 1939 .. Some moved to Palestine, there were Jews in Shanghai, South America, 5.000.000 in the USA, roughly 5.000.000 in the Soviet union and Eastern Europe yet 4.000.000 European Jews claimed War time reparations after the War .. Question Where did the 6.000.000 come from ?
Food for thought (1) http://trove.nla.gov.au/ndp/del/printAr ... /3?print=n

Food for thought (2) http://trove.nla.gov.au/ndp/del/printAr ... /3?print=n

1983Merman

04 May 2013 5:46pm
Recommended

Who decreed that investigating the holocau$t is now called denialism?

The same people who swore that 4 million Jews were murdered at Auschwitz, except that number dropped to 2.5 million in the 1990's and then dropped to around 1.1 million a few years ago, and that number included non-Jew such as gypsies, homos, political dissidents,etc.
Which means the sacred script about 6 million Jews dying should change to around 3 million, but hasn't.

We were told lies about lamp shades made from human skin; about soap made from the ashes of dead Jews and the actual number that died at Auschwitz so what else have they lied about?

Ohh, almost forgot another lie, that giant electrical killing floor that had a conveyor belt next to it for rapid disposal. Another LIE.

flowergirl20

04 May 2013 6:37pm
Recommended

David Cole has stood up for something he believes in at great risk to himself. That is something few very people can say about themselves. What he believes causes absolutely NO physical harm to anyone else. And so he should not be persecuted, denigrated, ostracized,or ridiculed for it. Anyone engaging in the anti-social behaviour against David Cole is no better than an SS soldier who goes along with what he is told to do. Leave this man alone. He has harmed no one. If you want to direct your venom at someone, pick an Israeli settler who steals Palestinian land. There are plenty of evil acting people in the world who cause direct physical harm to others; David Cole is not one of them.

Now for all you folks who are so quick to say David Cole is an idiot, have you ever studied any of the revisionist materials? If you have not, then how can you say that they are wrong? You don't even know what the materials are about! You might be surprised to find out that there have been 5 scientific studies done at Auschwitz to examine the gas residue in the walls of the gas chambers. Of the 5 studies, one was done by the Auschwitz institution itself, another was done by the Max Plank Institute. ALL 5 studies found the same conclusion: NO GAS RESIDUE IN THE WALLS. The official story is full of war time propaganda; it needs to be examined. Perhaps you are unaware that 17 countries have laws prohibiting against revisionist study of this topic. Almost all those countries are in Europe. And all of those laws were passed in the mid 1990's; after the Polish and USSR archives were opened. What you have been told about this event in school books, movies and TV has been mostly propaganda. It is very important that you do some research on your own. holohoax101.org vho.org codoh.com The evidence for the official story is very poor, and in most cases non-existent. That is why it is so ferociously enforced.

flowergirl20

04 May 2013 6:54pm
Recommend

There are many people from the jewish community who doubt the official story of the event. Gilad Atzmon is an Israeli who says that something stinks with the official story. Read his book, The Wandering Who. Norman Finkelstein's book, The Holocaust Industry, has letters he received from survivors in the back pages of the book. Some of those letters from survivors say that the total number of people dead from the event was much closer to the revisionists number than the official story.

You have been told a one sided story all your life. The story is the most told story you have eve been exposed to. It is re-enforced every day in the media with some new thing to make you remember the event. You are not allowed to question any part of it. If you question anything, you are a heretic. What does that sound like? Yes, a religion. Holocaustianity is the new religion for secular people. Do not question it. Why do you think the Guardian is even running this story? To show that there is no hiding for any 'holocaust denier'. You and your evil soul will be exposed and destroyed. If you can think of any other topic in our society that has the same set of controls around it, let us know, because there is none. This topic is the new religion. Bow your head.

Stephen Cowley

04 May 2013 9:07am
Recommend

It is noteworthy that a maker of holocaust documentaries had no qualifications as a historian and apparently didn't believe the content. I do wish people would move on from the tedious leftist denunciatory rhetoric of this article - the famous "unmasked" in the headline for example - at least where it gets in the way of studying the history of the Jews in Europe.

flowergirl20

04 May 2013 6:37pm
Recommend

David Cole has stood up for something he believes in at great risk to himself. That is something few very people can say about themselves. What he believes causes absolutely NO physical harm to anyone else. And so he should not be persecuted, denigrated, ostracized,or ridiculed for it. Anyone engaging in the anti-social behaviour against David Cole is no better than an SS soldier who goes along with what he is told to do. Leave this man alone. He has harmed no one. If you want to direct your venom at someone, pick an Israeli settler who steals Palestinian land. There are plenty of evil acting people in the world who cause direct physical harm to others; David Cole is not one of them.

Now for all you folks who are so quick to say David Cole is an idiot, have you ever studied any of the revisionist materials? If you have not, then how can you say that they are wrong? You don't even know what the materials are about! You might be surprised to find out that there have been 5 scientific studies done at Auschwitz to examine the gas residue in the walls of the gas chambers. Of the 5 studies, one was done by the Auschwitz institution itself, another was done by the Max Plank Institute. ALL 5 studies found the same conclusion: NO GAS RESIDUE IN THE WALLS. The official story is full of war time propaganda; it needs to be examined. Perhaps you are unaware that 17 countries have laws prohibiting against revisionist study of this topic. Almost all those countries are in Europe. And all of those laws were passed in the mid 1990's; after the Polish and USSR archives were opened. What you have been told about this event in school books, movies and TV has been mostly propaganda. It is very important that you do some research on your own. holohoax101.org vho.org codoh.com The evidence for the official story is very poor, and in most cases non-existent. That is why it is so ferociously enforced.

Carto's Cutlass Supreme
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Carto's Cutlass Supreme » 6 years 9 months ago (Sun May 05, 2013 3:48 pm)

Wow, what an amazing story. In last couple of days, I've found youtube videos where a congressman thanks him at the end of a speech. Heard him on talk shows.

Revisionists can have all sorts of various political views. But the key thing to remember is the big picture: this guy is a legend in this movement. The David Cole video holds up to this day, and it was cutting edge and courageous.

Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hannover » 6 years 9 months ago (Sun May 05, 2013 4:19 pm)

No amount of spin about Cole can change his famous and still unrefuted FORTY-SIX UNANSWERED QUESTIONS REGARDING 'GAS CHAMBERS.
here:
http://codoh.com/library/document/987

Even his fear induced waffling can't alter this damning indictment against the impossible 'gas chambers'.

The tide is turning.

- Hannover
If it can't happen as alleged, then it didn't.

borjastick
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby borjastick » 6 years 9 months ago (Mon May 06, 2013 1:28 am)

I have just re-read the 46 questions and I must say they are so specific and so wriggle free, that to this day they are incredibly awkward for the standard narrative holocaust supporters.

I must also comment on the Guardian interview and the picture of David Cole. He seems so relaxed about things and unperturbed by this coming out. I salute him and wish him all the best for the future. He was so relaxed in his Auschwitz visit and video and that allowed him to be taken seriously and to calmly get to the issues he wanted answers to.

What is astonishing, perhaps, is that the ADL issued a death threat against this man. I suppose they couldn't accept that one of their own would have let the side down so much by speaking the truth. So much for free speech then eh? It's only free speech when you tow the line.

I wish him good fortune and good luck in what might be a difficult time for him.
'Of the four million Jews under Nazi control in WW2, six million died and alas only five million survived.'

'We don't need evidence, we have survivors' - israeli politician

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”