Another source on diesel exhaust

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
friedrichjansson
Valued contributor
Valued contributor
Posts: 228
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 2:20 pm

Another source on diesel exhaust

Postby friedrichjansson » 7 years 8 months ago (Sun May 05, 2013 10:00 am)

Here's an article with some additional data on CO levels in diesel exhaust:
http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1 ... YZp6naVukA

The engines used are from buses, and the exhaust is studied at idle, while accelerating, while cruising, and while decelerating. The highest level of CO produced by a diesel is 0.1%.

Screenshot-17.png


Nothing we didn't know already, but it's still nice to have some more data.

Engel
Member
Member
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:35 am
Location: Canada

Re: Another source on diesel exhaust

Postby Engel » 7 years 8 months ago (Sun May 05, 2013 11:22 am)

I find many mainstream historians are trying to move away from the diesel-exhaust in favor of gasoline-exhaust, despite all eyewitnesses claiming the source of the gas was a soviet tank engine. I even had the pleasure of debating a gentleman who insisted it was actually wood-gas that was used because, as is common knowledge, wood-gas generators were wide-spread in Germany. The best part was that he basically shrugged off all contrary testimony as "eyewitnesses who were not really positive what kind of engine it was, so it must've been wood-gas."
"The Soviets are undoubtedly going to make it their business to discover as many mass graves as possible and then blame it on us." - Joseph Goebbels

User avatar
hermod
Valuable asset
Valuable asset
Posts: 2076
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:52 am

Re: Another source on diesel exhaust

Postby hermod » 7 years 8 months ago (Sun May 05, 2013 8:37 pm)

Engel wrote:I find many mainstream historians are trying to move away from the diesel-exhaust in favor of gasoline-exhaust, despite all eyewitnesses claiming the source of the gas was a soviet tank engine. I even had the pleasure of debating a gentleman who insisted it was actually wood-gas that was used because, as is common knowledge, wood-gas generators were wide-spread in Germany. The best part was that he basically shrugged off all contrary testimony as "eyewitnesses who were not really positive what kind of engine it was, so it must've been wood-gas."


The gentleman you debated with was right. If the Nazis had decided to gas millions of jews with engine exhaust, they would have used wood-gas generators. Wood-gas engines generate fumes with a level of about 30% carbon monoxide (while diesel fumes contains 0.1% CO and gasoline fumes about 5% CO). The Nazis perfectly knew how toxic the fumes generated by the wood-gas generators were. Here under is a 1943 poster:

Image

The poster above (originally in color) was widely used to tell everyone using wood-gas generators: “Attention – carbon monoxide – Danger of Poisoning!” The bottom of the poster goes on: “Do not start the generator except in the open or else vent gases to the outdoors! Do not refill in enclosed spaces.” Purchase of the above Safety Poster (Unfallverhütungsbild) in DIN A2 format was recommended in Der gewerbliche Kraftverkehr, 1943, Heft 11/12, page 147 for a price of 0.25 RM from the Reichsverband der gewerblichen Berufsgenossenschaften, Berlin-Wilmersdorf, Nikolsburger Platz 4.

More here: http://www.stormfront.org/forum/t553062 ... st11113180

But there is a little problem. The wood-gas vehicles have a very distinctive appearance (see below) and no 'Holocaust witness', not even only one, ever 'testified' about those engines being used as murder weapons in any German 'Death camp'.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

No possible confusion between a wood-gas generator and a diesel or gasoline engine.

And no doubt the loquacious jewish storytellers would have talked about such special vehicles if wood-gas generators had really been used to mass murder their fellows. :wink:
"But, however the world pretends to divide itself, there are ony two divisions in the world to-day - human beings and Germans. – Rudyard Kipling, The Morning Post (London), June 22, 1915

Jerzy Ulicki-Rek
Valued contributor
Valued contributor
Posts: 526
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:48 pm

Re: Another source on diesel exhaust

Postby Jerzy Ulicki-Rek » 7 years 8 months ago (Mon May 06, 2013 4:02 pm)

Please let me present an example of holo-idiocy peddled onm youtube.
One of the full time "hasbara' presented us with this explanation:
"SherwoodArrow said:
On very cold days car or tank engine exhaust gases look like steam (we've all seen it) if your engine block is cracked or the gasket seal has perished due to engine overheating this will allowing an percentage of water to escape into the engine block, water exited in exhaust gases could be described incorrectly and innocently as steam. Treblinka had 10 gas chaamber and 850000 innocents died there, I am not a Jew.That HONOUR is not mine"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfNvVSQX ... mail_reply

Jerzy

Engel
Member
Member
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:35 am
Location: Canada

Re: Another source on diesel exhaust

Postby Engel » 7 years 8 months ago (Mon May 06, 2013 6:53 pm)

Jerzy Ulicki-Rek wrote:Please let me present an example of holo-idiocy peddled onm youtube.
One of the full time "hasbara' presented us with this explanation:
"SherwoodArrow said:
On very cold days car or tank engine exhaust gases look like steam (we've all seen it) if your engine block is cracked or the gasket seal has perished due to engine overheating this will allowing an percentage of water to escape into the engine block, water exited in exhaust gases could be described incorrectly and innocently as steam. Treblinka had 10 gas chaamber and 850000 innocents died there, I am not a Jew.That HONOUR is not mine"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfNvVSQX ... mail_reply

Jerzy


In the end all they did was trade one ridiculous killing method for another. They probably would've had an easier time actually killing people with steam than diesel exhaust.

@ hermod

I know he's right as far as the toxicity of producer gas goes (30% CO is no laughing matter) I just found novelty in that he literally threw out all testimony concerning the Treblinka gas chamber in order to prove that mass murder took place.
"The Soviets are undoubtedly going to make it their business to discover as many mass graves as possible and then blame it on us." - Joseph Goebbels

User avatar
hermod
Valuable asset
Valuable asset
Posts: 2076
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:52 am

Re: Another source on diesel exhaust

Postby hermod » 7 years 8 months ago (Mon May 06, 2013 8:01 pm)

Engel wrote:@ hermod

I know he's right as far as the toxicity of producer gas goes (30% CO is no laughing matter) I just found novelty in that he literally threw out all testimony concerning the Treblinka gas chamber in order to prove that mass murder took place.


I know you know wood-gas generators were highly toxic. I was just trying to explain that the guy you were debating with was not the only person logically thinking about that killing method. The Nazis would have thought about that efficient murder weapon too. They wouldn't have wasted their precious oil fuel (gasoline or diesel) to gas people with Soviet tank engines while they could use more abundant fuels like wood, coal and charcoal to gas people with very lethal wood-gas generators. There was a titanic war on and oil fuels were rare. That's why there were wood-gas vehicles everywhere in Europe. Even U.S. citizens were urged to save oil fuels (There were American slogans saying "When you ride alone, you ride with Hitler!" See below). It was said the Nazis were cruel, but it was not said they were stupid. And the oil fuel choice for homicidal gassings was the dumbest possible choice at that time.

Image
"But, however the world pretends to divide itself, there are ony two divisions in the world to-day - human beings and Germans. – Rudyard Kipling, The Morning Post (London), June 22, 1915


Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests