To the moderator: approving posts

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
Dan Cullum

To the moderator: approving posts

Postby Dan Cullum » 1 decade 6 years ago (Tue Jan 13, 2004 2:03 pm)

I was wondering if it would be possible to restrict the prior approving of posts to new members. It seems that activity has slown down since the anti-spam procedures. A request to consider is that a person be able to post directly after posting a certain number of times to the forum without incedent. I don't know how much money was invested in the new software, but I personally found it more interesting when the moderator would intervene directly.

Postby Moderator » 1 decade 6 years ago (Tue Jan 13, 2004 3:00 pm)

Dan:

If you recall we have had major spam problems and spam discourages readers... plus, it's quality not quantity of posts. From what I can tell, the numbers of visitors to the Forum are still increasing.

How many times do you think is appropriate before someone is able to post without spam check?

BTW Dan, you are now able to post with without being spam checked.

Thanks, Moderator
Only lies need to be shielded from debate, truth welcomes it.

Dan Cullum

Postby Dan Cullum » 1 decade 6 years ago (Tue Jan 13, 2004 3:50 pm)

The spam problem was severe. I am happy to know that I can post without being spam-checked. As far as how many times a member can post while being reviewed, do you think 20 times is fair? I really want to see the forum pick up again. I believe that there are many members who have posted around 20 times who have shown responsibility in adhering to the guidelines. To the newer members, I want to add that before being cleared to post directly, the posts were checked well within an hour.

Postby Moderator » 1 decade 6 years ago (Wed Jan 14, 2004 2:02 am)

20 times seems more than reasonable. I'll try to monitor the number of posts from the new guys.

We already have a list of those who do not need to be spam checked, some of which represent the other side of the coin. They have never shown a nasty disregard for our posted guidelines....well, maybe they pushed the envelope a bit, but by and large they have behaved responsibly. I'm more than glad to take into consideration anyone you may suggest.

I might add that it's difficult for me to check for new posts every hour. I'm sure you can imagine, I do my best though.

Thanks for your thoughts, Moderator
Only lies need to be shielded from debate, truth welcomes it.

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”