The IHR / use of Jewish labor in camps

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
comrade seinfeld

Postby comrade seinfeld » 1 decade 5 years ago (Fri Jan 16, 2004 10:49 pm)

What has happened to the IHR? Usually it is a good source of information but all the old material does not seem to be available, since there is not even a site search engine.

In the course of refuting someone in another forum concerning the notion that the Nazis simply used Jewish slave labour as a slow means of extermination (which I don't necessarily accept for a moment), I was trying to find a reference on the internet to where Himmler intervened in the running of the concentration camps to ensure that the Jewish and other inmates were given proper sustenance, when he considered that they were not being economically enough employed.

If someone has the information at their fingertips then I would appreciate it, although at the present I will continue to look for it. It was, in fact, Goldhagen who maintained that there was no real economic intent by the Nazis in the use of Jewish slave labour; but it all does seem rather farfetched, especially since towards the end of the war they mostly marched the Jewish inmates back to Germany in order to still utilise their labour. Thus, reference to where this subject is dealt with (i.e., on the internet) would be appreciated from those in the know. I, in fact, mostly post at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/holocaustdenial under a different name as the proponents of the official Holocaust narrative set themselves up as sitting ducks at this site; however, at the present time it is just me and someone else who present a revisionist viewpoint there.

comrade seinfeld

Postby comrade seinfeld » 1 decade 5 years ago (Sat Jan 24, 2004 1:10 am)

I was disappointed that noone saw fit to respond to my request for information that I set out in the only other post in this thread. I am so preoccupied with other matters that I don't have the time to search exhaustively as I would like, especially since I have to rely on publicly available computers. I suppose everyone is excited about the Meyer reply to Piper, which I think I mentioned in the Fritjof Meyer thread, which, in German, is at http://www.fpp.co.uk/Auschwitz/Osteurop ... plies.html to which David Irving is waiting for an English translation, as he is obviously too busy keeping ahead of the bailiff. And there is also the aerial photos of Auschwitz released by the British at http://www.evidenceincamera.co.uk/ -- I wonder if anyone had managed to get through to the site yet, as every WW2 buff in the world will be trying to do so for some time yet?

The important point about the Jewish slave labour is that it is maintained by such as Goldhagen that it was not meant to serve a productive economic purpose for the Germans, but that it was meant to be a slow means of extermination. Surely it is important for revisionists to demonstrate that this is wrong. I seem to remember reading where Himmler intervened in the slave labour process to ensure that this labour was not just wasted by it not being sustained by proper rations, and the ability to rest in relative comfort, and this is where I need a reference. As I said, the Germans even moved the Jewish slave labour back to Germany at the end of the war, and, in the case of the Hungarian and Italian Jews, was it not the case that they were wanted by the Germans for slave labour?

Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hannover » 1 decade 5 years ago (Sat Jan 24, 2004 1:48 am)

This should help.
- H.
Himmler orders death rate reduced

In response to the deaths of many inmates due to disease, especially typhus, the German authorities responsible for the camps ordered firm counter-measures. ***The head of the SS camp administration office sent a directive dated Dec. 28, 1942, to Auschwitz and the other concentration camps. It sharply criticized the high death rate of inmates due to disease, and ordered that "camp physicians must use all means at their disposal to significantly reduce the death rate in the various camps." Furthermore, it ordered: The camp doctors must supervise more often than in the past the nutrition of the prisoners and, in cooperation with the administration, submit improvement recommendations to the camp commandants . . . The camp doctors are to see to it that the working conditions at the various labor places are improved as much as possible. Finally, the directive stressed that "the Reichsfhrer SS [Heinrich Himmler] has ordered that the death rate absolutely must be reduced." (note 16)***

Many Jewish inmates unable to work

For example, it is often claimed that all Jews at Auschwitz who were unable to work were immediately killed. Jews who were too old, young, sick, or weak were supposedly gassed on arrival, and only those who could be worked to death were temporarily kept alive. But the evidence shows that, in fact, a very high percentage of the Jewish inmates were not able to work, and were nevertheless not killed. For example, an internal German telex message dated Sept. 4, 1943, from the chief of the Labor Allocation department of the SS Economic and Administrative Main Office (WVHA), reported that of 25,000 Jewish inmates in Auschwitz, only 3,581 were able to work, and that all of the remaining Jewish inmates -- some 21,500, or about 86 percent -- were unable to work. -note 8-
This is also confirmed in a secret report dated April 5, 1944, on "security measures in Auschwitz" by Oswald Pohl, head of the SS concentration camp system, to SS chief Heinrich Himmler. Pohl reported that there was a total of 67,000 inmates in the entire Auschwitz camp complex, of whom 18,000 were hospitalized or disabled. In the Auschwitz II camp (Birkenau), supposedly the main extermination center, there were 36,000 inmates, mostly female, of whom "approximately 15,000 are unable to work." (note 9)
These two documents simply cannot be reconciled with the Auschwitz extermination story. The evidence shows that Auschwitz-Birkenau was established primarily as a camp for Jews who were not able to work, including the sick and elderly, as well as for those who were temporarily awaiting assignment to other camps. That's the considered view of Dr. Arthur Butz of Northwestern University, who also says that this was the reason for the unusually high death rate there. (note 10) Princeton University history professor Arno Mayer, who is Jewish, acknowledges in a recent book about the "final solution" that more Jews perished at Auschwitz as a result of typhus and other "natural" causes than were executed. (note 11)

Inmates released

Auschwitz internees who had served their sentences were released and returned to their home countries. If Auschwitz had actually been a top secret extermination center, the Germans would certainly not have released inmates who "knew" what was happening in the camp. (note 15)

German camp regulations

Official German camp regulations make clear that Auschwitz was not an extermination center. They ordered: (note 17) New arrivals in the camp are to be given a thorough medical examination, and if there is any doubt [about their health], they must be sent to quarantine for observation. Prisoners who report sick must be examined that same day by the camp physician. If necessary, the physician must transfer the prisoners to a hospital for professional treatment. The camp physician must regularly inspect the kitchen regarding the preparation of the food and the quality of the food supply. Any deficiencies that may arise must be reported to the camp commandant. Special care should be given in the treatment of accidents, in order not to impair the full productivity of the prisoners. Prisoners who are to be released or transfered must first be brought before the camp physician for medical examination.

for more see:
http://www.ihr.org/leaflets/auschwitz.html
If it can't happen as alleged, then it didn't.

Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hannover » 1 decade 5 years ago (Sat Jan 24, 2004 1:54 am)

and this:

Postcard from Auschwitz / prisoner later released 11/43

Here we have yet another example of facts that demolish the notion of Auschwitz as a "death camp" & "factory of death".
Points to consider:

- The postcard (see link below) indicates reasonable treatment by the Germans.

- The fact that this prisoner was released in late (November) 1943 is critical.

The alleged 'gassings' were said to have gone into full operation in the early part of 1943; with additional, claims of earlier gassings.....all of which the sender of the postcard would have been free to tell the world about. But obviously the SS was not concerned. Think about it, all that's alleged and yet the SS release this man to the outside world. Obviously there was nothing to hide.

See this description and translation:
This is an original postcard sent from one of the very first inmates interned in Auschwitz. It was written on an official formular Auschwitz postcard. The front bears the original Hitler stamp cancelled at the Auschwitz 2 postoffice on May 16, 1942. In the middle, vertically written section the inmate signed his name (Johann Klausa), indicated his prisoner tattoo number (#1124), birthdate (November 22, 1908), block number (13) and postal address (K.L. Auschwitz O/S Postamt 2).
Auschwitz archives indicate he was one of 100 prisoners sent from the police prison in Sosnowitz to Auschwitz on June 25, 1940, barely one month after the camp had opened. The historical value of this item is increased significantly by the fact that Johann Klausa was one of the very few inmates ever to be ***released*** from Auschwitz. Archives of the State Museum of Auschwitz indicate he was released on November 27, 1943, having survived nearly 3 and one-half years in Auschwitz. The card was written on May 10, 1942 to a brother living in Hohenlinde, Kreis Kattowitz, Oberschlesien (occupied Poland).

text:
Schutzhäftling Johann Klausa geboren am 22.XI.08, Block 13 Gef. Nr. 1124, KL Auschwitz O/S. Postamt 2 Auschwitz, Oberschlesien, 10.5.42 An Herrn Hubert Klausa Hohenlinde Paterstrstr.5 Krs Kattowitz O/S. Auschwitz den 10.V.42 Liebster Bruder und Schwägerin! Schreibe wieder zu Euch paar Wörter und theile mit, daß ich mich bei bester Gesundheit befinde und auch von Euch dasselbe hoffe. Wie gehts dem Johann

Translation (the punctuation is sparse):
"From convict Johann Klausa born Nov 22, 1908, Block 13, Prisoner No. 1124, Auschwitz Prisoner of War Camp ... Auschwitz, Upper Silesia, May 10, 1942 Dear brother and sister in law I'm writing you a few words again and inform you that I am in best of health and hope the same of you. How are things with brother Wilhelm is he still in Witebsk or is he already further on than that has he written in recent times? Why do you write so little? You can write every fourteen days and more often. What is Fernes(?) doing, does he often come to see you? Best wishes to you all and acquaintances Johann"

http://www.ety.com/HRP/pol/auschwitzauction.htm

- Hannover
If it can't happen as alleged, then it didn't.

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”