An olympic gas chamber survivor

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
friedrichjansson
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

An olympic gas chamber survivor

Postby friedrichjansson » 6 years 9 months ago (Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:17 pm)

An interesting holocaust testimony: the olympian Shaul Ladany claims to have been reprieved from a gas chamber - apparently at Bergen-Belsen - at the last minute.

"A ransom deal that the Americans attempted saved 2,000 Jews and I was one. I actually went into the gas chamber but was reprieved. God knows why".

Breker
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Re: An olympic gas chamber survivor

Postby Breker » 6 years 9 months ago (Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:44 pm)

From the link at the beginning of the original post:
A member of the Jewish community of Belgrade, Shaul Ladany was eight years old when he was sent to the Bergen-Belsen concentration camp. Although he lost many members of his family, he and his his parents survived until the liberation of the Camp.

A 1972 article quoted him as saying "A ransom deal that the Americans attempted saved 2,000 Jews and I was one. I actually went into the gas chamber but was reprieved. God knows why".
We certainly would like to see his evidence for his 'many family members'. I wonder if his parents were 'reprieved from the gas chambers' as well? :lol: And what gas chamber at Bergen-Belsen would that be? This is quite comical to say the least.
It's difficult to imagine a people lying so very much, but yet they do and demonstrably so.
B.
Revisionists are just the messengers, the impossibility of the "Holocaust" narrative is the message.

Carto's Cutlass Supreme
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Carto's Cutlass Supreme » 6 years 9 months ago (Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:15 pm)

What a fraud/find.

Even according to the standard story there was no gas chamber and Belsen.

Kingfisher
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Kingfisher » 6 years 9 months ago (Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:41 am)

People whose story is untrue or distorted are not necessarily lying. There is whole range of ways that perceptions and memories become distorted, including age and physical or mental condition at the time, stress, length of time since the event and--most important--exposure to similar stories from others and peer presure to conform. In a well-known psychological experiment researchers were able to persuade about 30% of a sample group who had been to Disneyland that they had seen Bugs Bunny (a Warner Bros character) there. In other experiments, people were persuaded to accept an untrue version of what they had seen because everyone else in the group supported the untrue version. We have all experienced this pressure to conform to the group norm, even here on this forum. :wink:

This topic is covered well by Samuel Crowell in the Gas Chamber of Sherlock Holmes. It's a short read of about 80 pages and well worth reading if you haven't already. Crowell sees the Holocaust as a narrative imposed on reality and gives the various sources of this narrative. Wikipedia's article on Eye-witness testimony is also supportive of this and the main research on the topic was done by Elizabeth Loftus. Loftus is Jewish but wanted to give evidence in support of Demjanjuk in his Israeli trial, but was dissuaded under very strong peer pressure.

If the Holocaust story relied on people deliberately and consciously lying for its survival it would have collapsed long ago.

borjastick
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby borjastick » 6 years 9 months ago (Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:34 am)

Kingfisher I sort of agree with you but I would make the distinction between memories of a soft or social nature than can be 'managed' or 'manipulated'; the type where one goes to Disneyland and is persuaded that Bugs Bunny was present, and those of a dramatic, physical and traumatic nature. By these types I mean a death, shocking accident, witnessing a murder or execution.

The horrific experiences in ones life tend to be etched on one's memory, and the passage of time, whilst diminishing the impact, does little to erase the shocking recall of detail. I would edge that with an allowance for old age and the lack of brain cells employed when one is perhaps in very old age. However most of the witnesses to the holocaust who claimed to have seen the gas chambers in operation or were active in the admin of Treblinka etc gave their statements when they were only 50 years old or younger.

I am in my mid fifties and whilst my short term memory is sometimes a little weak I well remember the shocking and traumatic detail of seeing a man lose his leg in a motorcycle accident while standing next to me in 1980.
'Of the four million Jews under Nazi control in WW2, six million died and alas only five million survived.'

'We don't need evidence, we have survivors' - israeli politician

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”