gas out of shower heads

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
cold beer
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

gas out of shower heads

Postby cold beer » 5 years 10 months ago (Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:26 pm)

I'm looking for articles or video commentary on the all too common claim of gas being piped out of shower heads.
I'm most interested to see what the kosher 'historians' have to say in regard to these stories about Germans being able to switch back and forth between water and what I'm assuming to be cyanide gas.

tyger

Re: gas out of shower heads

Postby tyger » 5 years 10 months ago (Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:37 am)

The recent Sturdy-Colls tv documentary, about the excavation of Treblinka, shows footage of a restored gas chamber equipped with shower-heads and exposed pipes, to very strongly imply that these were part of the gassing infrastructure.

borjastick
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby borjastick » 5 years 10 months ago (Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:23 am)

Tyger you are right about the tv programme showing shower heads. I think she was in Majdanek at the time. This is now generally seen to be a silly proposition and if it was used it is in total conflict with the zyklon B usage system of introduction via roof traps and wire mesh columns. So much for a centralised system operated across the third reich.

To show shower heads as she did was a clumsy mistake and panders to the media driven perception of what is claimed to have happened. It is interesting that while she was happy to show the shower head 'system' she avoided any talk of the steam chambers as claimed by various lunatics who 'witnessed' the killings at Treblinka.
'Of the four million Jews under Nazi control in WW2, six million died and alas only five million survived.'

'We don't need evidence, we have survivors' - israeli politician

EtienneSC
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby EtienneSC » 5 years 10 months ago (Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:56 am)

The claim about the shower room (Brausebad) in Dachau was made in a post-war US documentary called Nazi Concentration Camps. David McCalden uses footage from it and a similar British documentary here (from about 04.30):

Hence later articles on Dachau would give sources for the later recantation. Martin Broszat made a general retraction about gassings in concentration camps in Greater Germany.

tyger

Postby tyger » 5 years 10 months ago (Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:01 pm)

Sturdy-Colls was visiting a restored homicidal gas chamber to gain an idea of how the Treblinka version might have looked.

The programme's producer/editor decided that a shot of a couple of gas cylinders, followed by shower-heads and pipes complete with connecting pipes and valves would be effective in stimulating memories of, the still popularly-held notion, of how the Germans disguised the true purpose of these rooms.

cold beer
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby cold beer » 5 years 10 months ago (Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:04 pm)

Thank you for the replies

I am familiar with the Dachau propaganda film made by the US Army mentioned by EtienneSC

I have seen the David McCalden documentary, which is very good.

And I have seen a video of a 'survivor' taking a group of Israeli students on tour of Madjdanek, in the video they use images of shower heads to make this implication., in fact, the woman 'survivor' states in the video that this is the way it worked.
But I'm not sure if I've seen the Sturdy-Colls documentary that Tyger and Borjastick mention.

Fred Luetcher talked about this type of claim made in regard to gassings at Hartheim Castle, in another video he also described the process used in the gas chambers of prisons in the United States, which conveys that a method to pipe gas in didn't exist in these more modern gas chambers.

My objective is to find sources that take this claim to task in order to more effectively demonstrate to the uninitiated that all 'survivors' making this claim are either outright frauds or are doing nothing more than repeating rumors

It's important because it demonstrates that these claims are rooted in myth and it shows how widespread myths like this can become.

Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hannover » 5 years 10 months ago (Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:49 pm)

Here's more on the shower heads. Use shower heads in the search function here for more.
I also recommend old newspaper databases, NY Times seems like a good bet.

- Hannover

==========

Introduction of Zyklon gas into the gas chambers of Auschwitz through shower heads or from steel bottles.[21]
21] M. Scheckter and a report of June 4, 1945, written by an officer of the 2nd Armored Division, about Auschwitz; Französisches Büro des Informationsdienstes über Kriegsverbrechen (ed.), op. cit. (note 345), p. 184.

==========

Hanna Block Kohner was an inmate in various camps from 1943 to 1945, amazingly surviving them all. She mentions that "liquid gas" came out of shower heads.

Amir @ 1953 Episode of "This is Your Life"

==============
Here the gas comes out "pipes".
Siminov:
"The naked people who were standing close to each other did not occupy much space..They were herded in the chamber, whereupon the steel door was closed ... A special unit protected by gas masks poured the Zyklon contained in the cans into the pipes ... The Zyklon was introduced through the pipes, and the SS-man in charge of the killing supervised the process of asphyxiation." (47)

TMoran @ The Death Factory Near Lublin
==============
'Gas rained on the victims through "shower nozzles" and many more absurd lies.

The Scotsman - Saturday, 22nd September 1945, page 5
BELSEN GUARDS WHO WERE AT AUSCHWITZ Identified by Polish Woman Doctor EXTERMINATION BY GAS

From ANTHONY MANN, "Daily Telegraph " and " The Scotsman "

Correspondent Luneburg, Friday.— Ada Bimko, a Jewish woman doctor from Poland, described fo the British Military Court here this morning how ' her father, mother, and six-year-old son had been gassed near Auschwitz concentration camp. They had been taken from her side at the gates and driven to a vast extermination plant, where gas was rained on the victims through shower nozzles. Later she related how she had visited the huge gas chamber and seen the place where her family had been killed. Victims had been hoodwinked into believing they were to have a bath by being issued with towels and tablets of soap. The doctor was giving evidence on the fifth day of the trial of Joseph Kramer, commandant of Belsen camp, and 44 Other prisoners charged with atrocities at two camps.
This afternoon the entire Court drove 40 miles from Luneburg to inspect the remains of Kramer ' s camp, burnt down by British troops as a precaution against the spread of infection . All the accused were also taken to Belsen in lorries. The inspection is officially stated to be regarded as a session of the Court. When the prosecution indicated this morning'that it was about to call Dr Ada Bimko, the defence asked that prisoners should be allowed to remove their identification numbers. Permission was granted.

ALL JEWS IN TOWN ARRESTED
Dr Bimko, a short, plump, dark-haired woman, was assisted to enter the witness-box by a young A.T.S. lance-covporal , who remained behind her after she took her seat. She said she wa's a Jewess from Poland and a doctor of medicine. All the Jews in her town had been arrested in one week. She had been sent to Auschwitz, together with 5000 other Jews. On arrival the women and children were loaded on trucks. An S.S. doctor directed the women and children to the right and laft at his will. Only 250 women and 250 men were allowed into the camp. She later found out that all the rest were gassed.
Witness sobbed quietly as she announced that her father, mother, brother, and her sixyear-old son had been .gassed in this way. She was present, working as a doctor in Auschwitz when victims were selected for the gas chambers. The defence objected to a question as to whether the only offence of the victims was that they were Polish Jews. The Court sustained the objection. The first great selection of Jews for the gas chambers was made one and a half months after her arrival, on the Jewish Day of Atonement in. 1944. The selection of both the sick and healthy was made by the camp doctor and by S.S. men and women. All the weak were selected for gassing, as well as those with defects in the arms and. hands. All the sick were paraded nude for selection. The witness gave the names of the camp doctors as Rode, Thilo. Klein, Koenig. and Mengeleef. She was invited to enter the well of the Court and try to identify the prisoners in the dock.

15 OF ACCUSED RECOGNISED
Flood-lighting over the dock was switched on, and the witness, accompanied by the A.T.S. lance-corporal and interpreter, walked up and down in front of the long dock, looking at the prisoners, who continued to sit impassively, Only Irma Greese betrayed, as usual, apparent impatience with .the whole proceedings. " She frowned. The witness then identified 15 of the accused, beginning with Kramer and Dr Klein. Irma Greese she identified as a work leader.
The prisoners in the second and third rows in the dock were then made to stand successively for easier identification. Karl Firazich was identified as a man who had shot a woman in Belsen just before the British arrived. Juana Borman was recognised as " a woman who used to walk about the camp with a big dog." At this point' the loud barking o£ a dog in the street outside the Court drowned part of the evidence.
Resuming the witness stand, the doctor said that the persons selected for the gas chambers at Auschwitz were sent naked to Block 2o, where they often waited without food or water for days for lorries to fetch them to execution. On one day, of 4124 sick Jewish women, 4000 were sent to the gas chambers. Klein took part in selecting these women. Kramer was commandant of one part of the camp at that time. All five chimneys of the crematorium were visible from the camp. Irma Greese was the woman who tooW ihe prisoners* roll-call.

THE GAS CHAMBER
Dr Bimko then described how she had once had an. opportunity of inspecting the gas chambers. The sick, wrapped in blankets, had been sent to the chambers for execution , and Fhe haci been instructed to collect the blankets two days later. " The house was a brick house," she said. " It was surrounded with trees, like camouflage. In the first room I met an S.S. officer named Josei Goldner, who was wearing the Red Cross insignia. He came from my town. The first room was a large room where the prisoners undressed on arrival. Hooks were provided. " A second large room, capable of holding many hundreds of people, lay beyond. It was fitted like a huge shower bath, with parallel rows of shower sprays in the ceiling. But it was ."noticeable that "there \vex*e i\o drains in the floor for water. When the prisoners arrived here they were given towels and soap, as if for a bath. "Along a narrow, dark passage ran rails with a small truck on which corpses were taken to the crematorium." Thick pipes carried the gas to the gas chamber. I saw the huge metal containers which,, I was told, contained gas."

"4,000,000 VICTIMS"
The work in tlie chambers was carried out by Sonderkommandos: special squads of internees who, after some weeks, were themselves gassed.
One of them, a man named Gerzcke, had told ner that some of these men kept records of the deaths, but these records had been, destroyed. "I was told that *he records showed that the number of Jews destroyed in the gas chambers up to that time was about 4,000,000." At Auschwitz experiments were carried out on prisoners in Block 10 One woman on. whom experiments had been made returned to camp and tried to commit suicide. Witness had asked her why, and the- woman had replied: " They experimented on me with artificial insemination. My womanly honour has been physically incapacitated from bearing children." Dr Bimko then described how S.S. guards had rained blows on the prisoners, who were forced to stand for hours at the roll-call in snow and rain. Often a whole block of prisoners had been compelled to wait for hours on their knees with their arms in the air. If anyone was late for the roll-call, the whole camp was forced to stand many hours, and the culprit was beaten to the verge of death: One woman had been beaten to death in that manner. " I have seen a number of people with wounds on their hands and legs, but particularly on their heads, as the result of blows."

"BELSEN A SECOND AUSCHWITZ"
Dr Bimko said she arrived at Belsen from Auschwitz on November 23, 1944. The conditions were bad, but the internees were not then beaten, and there were no roll-calls. In the morning there was coffee or soup; at midday, half a pint of soup; and in the evening, bread or soup. This diet did not kill instantly, but ifc would result in death -after a period. After Kramer became the commandant, beatings and roll-calls started. "Belsen was becoming a second Auschwitz." On one occasion Kramer had kicked four Russians who, in a state of weakness, had been unable to work fast enough. The medical situation was " quite desperate." To treat 2200 hospital cases and 15,000 sick women for one week 300 aspirin tablets were issued, although just after the arrival of the British two storerooms filled with drugs and instruments were discovered in the camp that had never been issued. Just before the British troops arrived witness suddenly got all the drugs she needed.
The witness then identified one of the prisoners in the dock as a man who had shot a woman at Belsen a few days before the British arrived because she tried to pick up a tui-nip peeling in the cookhouse. Juana Borman, she stated, used her dog to guard working parties. She often set it on the prisoners. ' We noticed that many of those in working parties were bitten by dogs." Major Munro, cross-examining, for the defence, asked witness: "Were people selected at Auschwitz for purposes other than the gas chamber?"—Yes, sometimes women were selected to be sent into brothels.

ACCUSED RETURN TO BELSEN
In the afternoon, Josef Kramer and his 44 confederates returned in lorries to the blackened ruins of Belsen. There, walking two and two, headed by Kramer and Dr Fritz Klein handcuffed together, the accused shuffled their way for three miles round the desolate place. Before them walked the members of the British Court that is trying them. At their sides marched red-capped military police with tommy-guns and members of the A.T.S, Provost Corps. All around were charred ashes o£ burned huts, ¦ woods, and rags of clothing. At the beginning of the tour one of the prisoners, Ida Forster, complained that she had bad feet and could not walk. She was driven round in an ambulance. The British former interneeMr Harold le Druillenec, who gave evidence at the trial on Thursday, was one of those in the procession of inspection . At the barbed-wire gates near the graves oi the victims there is a large notice in German:— "This is the site of the infamous Belsen concentration camp, liberated by the British, April 15, 1945. " Ten thousand unburied dead were Jound here. Another 13,000 have since died—all victims of the German New Order in Europe, an example of Nazi culture." The Court will sit again to-morrow (Saturday) morning.
If it can't happen as alleged, then it didn't.

Hutch

Postby Hutch » 5 years 10 months ago (Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:24 pm)

cold beer in his book "Useless if Delayed – by Paul Wyand" printed in 1959 (if memory serves me correctly) he states that engineers of the British army had converted the gas chambers of BERGEN BELSEN back into shower rooms for the inmates - who were aprehensive of entering the rooms but were relieved when hot water came out of the showerheads and not gas!
I have been searching for the book to quote the exact page for you but have misplaced it, internet searches yield no downloadable versions to point you to either.

This is all i can find and it mentions him being first newsreel cameraman to enter the camp but thats all;
http://terencegallacher.wordpress.com/2 ... 1907-1968/

cold beer
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby cold beer » 5 years 10 months ago (Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:25 pm)

Hannover, thanks for the reply.

Wow I never seen any group of people so joyful about their concentration camp memories !
lol
It's like a high school reunion.
I wonder what happened to their tattoos?

Frank is said to have started to attend a university in 1934, the show was taped in 1953 , he should be in his late 30's.
Last edited by cold beer on Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

cold beer
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby cold beer » 5 years 10 months ago (Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:20 pm)

Hutch, I checked Google Book's to see if that book is searchable (they give excerpts), but it isn't
That would add another camp to the list of camps that was at one time claimed to have had a gas chamber.

borjastick
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby borjastick » 5 years 10 months ago (Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:01 am)

Talking of Belsen and gassings etc, never forget that the Sex Pistols had a hit with Belsen Was A Gas. It was written in about 1979 and was on their spectacular album Never Mind The Bollocks, which is still not only the best album title ever but a mega record. Not sure why they wrote this but their manager was of course Jewish, so maybe he had something to do with it.

Here's the lyrics:
Belsen was a gas I heard the other day
In the open graves where the jews all lay
Life is fun and I wish you were here
They wrote on postcards to those held dear

Oh dear

Sergeant major's on the march
Wash their bodies in the starch
See them all die one by one
Guess it's dead, guess it's glad

So bad
Belsen was a gas I heard the other day
In the open graves where the jews all lay
Life is fun and I wish you were here
They wrote on postcards to those held dear

Oh dear

Be a man, Be a man
Belsen was a gas
Be a man, kill someone
Kill yourself, be a man
Be someone, kill someone
Be a man, kill yourself
'Of the four million Jews under Nazi control in WW2, six million died and alas only five million survived.'

Zulu
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Zulu » 5 years 10 months ago (Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:21 pm)

cold beer wrote:I'm looking for articles or video commentary on the all too common claim of gas being piped out of shower heads.
I'm most interested to see what the kosher 'historians' have to say in regard to these stories about Germans being able to switch back and forth between water and what I'm assuming to be cyanide gas.

At Nuremberg, January 2, 1946
COL. STOREY
[...]
I now offer in support of that statement Document 2285-PS, Exhibit Number USA-490. It is in the second volume. Document 2285-PS is an affidavit of Lieutenant Colonel Guivante de Saint Gast and Lieutenant Jean Veith, both of the French Army, which was taken on the 13th of May 1945 in the course of an official military investigation by the United States Army. The affidavit discloses that Lieutenant Colonel Gast was confined at Mauthausen from 18 March 1944 to 22 April 1945 and that Lieutenant Veith was confined from 22 April 1943 until 22 April 1945. I quote from the affidavit, beginning with the third paragraph of Page 1, quoting:

"In Mauthausen existed several treatments of prisoners, amongst them the 'action K or Kugel' (Bullet action). Upon the arrival of transports, prisoners with the mention 'K' were not registered, got no numbers, and their names remained unknown except for the officials of the Politische Abteilung. Lieutenant Veith had the opportunity of hearing upon the arrival of a transport the following conversation between the Untersturmfuehrer Streitwieser and chief of the convoy: ~

" 'How many prisoners?'

" '15 but two K.'

" 'Well, that makes 13.'

"The K prisoners were taken directly to the prison where they were unclothed and taken to the 'bathroom.' This bathroom in the cellars of the prison building near the crematory was specially designed for execution (shooting and gassing).

"The shooting took place by means of a measuring apparatus-the prisoner being backed towards a metrical measure with an automatic contraption releasing a bullet in his neck as soon as the moving plank determining his height touched the top of his head.

"If a transport consisted of too many 'K' prisoners, instead of losing time for the 'measurement' they were exterminated by gas sent into the shower room instead of water."

Source:
Nuremberg Trial Proceedings Volume 4
TWENTY- FIFTH DAY
Wednesday, 2 January 1946
Morning Session
http://avalon.law.yale.edu/imt/01-02-46.asp

Zulu
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Zulu » 5 years 10 months ago (Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:00 pm)

An unexpected quote from the prison psychologist Dr. Gilbert who supposedly reported Höss' talks in his jail.
On April 9 Gilbert visited Hoss in his cell.

He readily confirmed that approximately 2 1/2 million Jews had been exterminated under
his direction. The exterminations began in the summer of 1941. In compliance with
Goering's scepticism, I asked Hoes how it was technically possible to exterminate 2 1/2
million people. "Technically?" he asked. "That wasn't so hard — it would not have been hard
to exterminate even greater numbers." In answer to my rather naive questions as to how
many people could be done away with in an hour, etc., he explained that one must figure it
on a daily 24-hour basis, and it was possible to exterminate up to 10,000 in one 24-hour
period. He explained that there were actually 6 extermination chambers. The 2 big ones
could accommodate as many as 2,000 in each and the 4 smaller ones up to 1500, making a
total capacity of 10,000 a day.91 I tried to figure out how this was done, but he corrected me.
"No, you don't figure it right. The killing itself took the least time. You could dispose of
2,000 in a half hour, but it was the burning that took all the time. The killing was easy; you
didn't even need guards to drive them into the chambers; they just went in expecting to take
showers and, instead of water, we turned on poison gas.
The whole thing went very quickly."
He related all of this in a quiet, apathetic, matter-of-fact tone of voice. 92

Asked by Gilbert to provide more detail, Hoss wrote later that month a short memorandum
which Gilbert did not publish at the time, but was to present during the Eichmann Trial to the
District Court of Jerusalem. It gave a detailed description of the arrival, selection and killing of the
deportees.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
90 - Irving, Nuremberg, 239.
91 - Ibid., 239f.
92 - International Military Tribunal, Trial of the Major War Criminals, vol. 6, 214ff.

Source: The Pelt Report p. 169-170
© Robert Jan van Pelt, 1999
https://archive.org/details/PeltReport

Zulu
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Zulu » 5 years 10 months ago (Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:43 pm)

Some years ago, I did a research at the Yad Vashem site in order to find so called "first hand eyewitnesses" about homicidal gassings. Curiously, amount 295 testimonies compiled at that time, I found only 2 which referred to gassings and, amazingly, both tell about "gas going through shower heads".

1- From the Testimony of Judith Becker on Surviving the Gas Chamber
…So then after that we went to the cutting room and we managed to get out of there relatively okay and then they pushed us into the gas chamber. In the gas chamber they had a, like a little glass booth, you know - it's very interesting that they had that glass booth later on for Eichmann because they had them in the gas chamber. They were like about the size a little longer than this table and narrower and it was like a protrusion that they could go in without actually coming into the gas chamber - there was a separate entrance to it. And they could watch the people inside and the controls were inside that thing. And I recognized this man from the Sonderkommando and I looked at him and he puts down. So I tried very hard to distract my mother. It was the hardest moment of my life ever, to know that we are going to die and yet to act so that we don't make a spectacle for the Germans, for the Nazis who were watching us, to make more of a spectacle, you know, to give them more enjoyment. So we did say the Shma Yisrael and my mother insisted that we say parts of Vidui and I didn't tell her that it was going to be gas, but it was so hard not to scream, not to jump, not to do something - it was the hardest thing ever. I must have used up kilos of energy in those few minutes. And by a miracle again, instead of the gas came the water. Later on it turned out that he had switched on the Zyclon and the delivery system had been damaged and it didn't come so instead, the other valve opened up and the water came.

1 Judith Becker, Yad Vashem - 4238.pdf
(27.57 KiB) Downloaded 289 times

http://www.yadvashem.org/odot_pdf/Micro ... 204238.pdf

2- From the Testimony of Olga Albogen about a Gas Chamber Being Blown Up at Auschwitz-Birkenau
So every day selections, Mengele selected us. They took us...there was one instant....They said we’re going to take a shower, to the baths. And the bath was near the gas chamber. And many times they took groups and they never came back. We figured they took them to work, whatever. We didn’t, think that it’s the end of them. So once our group, we had to completely undress, leave, that one dress we had on, leave it in a pile and standing
outside, naked, waiting to get into the showers. Standing hours, hours.
Evening came, dark night. We’re still standing there and then they said there’s an empty barrack, big, tremendous building with nothing in it, just the walls, and they herded us into it, naked, the way we were, for the night. It was August and the nights were so cold - Auschwitz was mountainous around -and the nights were so cold and we were standing there naked all night and the next day. Nothing, nothing happens, no shower. But the showers actually were with gas, it was with gas and they gave gas - that’s how they killed the people before they got into the gas chamber. But they didn’t do anything. We were standing there at least twenty-four hours or more.
Q: You thought you are going to be gassed?
A: To take a shower, they said, and we believed it, but everybody said that, I mean the Polish people who were working around there, they said that that’s the gas chamber and whatever. And then after twenty-four hours they let us out, without food, without a drop of water or anything, and then they started to talk about, there were rumours that we were waiting near the gas chamber and the gas chamber broke down. And that’s why they sent us back to the barracks. We were waiting, they couldn’t fix it, it broke down. I didn’t believe it.

2 Olga Abogen Yad Vashem - 3752.pdf
(29.78 KiB) Downloaded 89 times

http://www.yadvashem.org/odot_pdf/Micro ... 203752.pdf

borjastick
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby borjastick » 5 years 10 months ago (Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:57 am)

Seems they always have a big claim, a grand story of waiting to be gassed under the pretext of taking a shower. Of how they 'knew' they would be killed, and yet miraculously there was then an intervention by fate, in their favour. A broken switch, a change of plan, a pipe that wouldn't work, all which meant that in fact they weren't killed by gas or any other means.

They had no proof of what they claim, they were working on rumour, innuendo and whisper. These people make massive claims and invent stories, look at what this woman claims. She says they were kept in the shower room for 24 hours.

Charlatans and money grabbers. Jesus had it right about these people when he kicked them out of the Temple.

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”