Why no gassing footage?

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
code yellow
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Why no gassing footage?

Postby code yellow » 1 decade 5 years ago (Mon Jan 26, 2004 10:16 am)

:) Upon reading the caption at the holocaust chronicle sight for the photo of the woman floating off the ground with head pasted on,it occured to me that when you see these photos of naked women alleged to be heading for a gas chamber or a mass grave to be shot,it makes more sense to me that the photos were just taken as part of a record system,being that they were just stripped of their civillian clothes and still have full heads of hair and are more likely new arrivals that would be going through some sort of hygenic quarentine process.But,what has always puzzled me is that,if the elleged executioners are so cruel to the point of taking photos of hangings and shootings as souvenirs or for record of the days events,why is it there is no actual footage or photos of people being gassed?It seems to me if they were obviously cruel enough to take pictures of hangings and shootings that thay certainly would document their alleged evil master plan.

Spartakus

Postby Spartakus » 1 decade 5 years ago (Mon Jan 26, 2004 6:42 pm)

That thought has occured to me from time to time as well. We see photographs of crematoria where disease ridden corpses are about to be burned, we see photos of internees 'about' to be shot or gassed but never have we seen photos of gassed prisoners 'blue' and 'wet with sweat and urine' or 'covered with excrement and menstrual blood' to quote some of the more lurid accounts of gassings. Surely at one point or another a guard or an intelligence or security agent would have snapped at least one picture of such a terrible scene. In Butz's book 'Hoax of the Twentieth Century' there is one picture of corpses being burned in a pit but this, of course, was probably diseased bodies being cremated en masse during one of the many epidemics at the various camps. Whenever I have seen pictures of dead bodies they are always emaciated from starvation, dead from disease, or people killed in air raids. Real photographic evidence of exterminations by gas simply does not exist.

TheFirstPrinciple

Postby TheFirstPrinciple » 1 decade 5 years ago (Mon Jan 26, 2004 8:29 pm)

That's true, it's harder to stage films.
But now, with all the technology, someone just may "find" such a "film" soon. Well, you know, it was lost in archives, blah, blah, blah...

code yellow
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby code yellow » 1 decade 5 years ago (Tue Jan 27, 2004 8:42 am)

:) You understand what I mean though,I have seen doccumeteries where they show the same old rehashed stock footage of hangings and shootings in the actual process.Now on former web sights that I have been thrown off of,they would reply,"Are you a sadist?You actualy want to see people being gassed?"I say yes!Let's forget about written documents for the time being and concentrate on all this footage you see of people being executed.Where is the gassing footage?I'd like to hear someones answer about why they can't produce that evidence.I don't want to hear some kind of convienent answer elluding phrases like,"It would be an insult to the dead.",or,"They kept the gassings strictly confidential,so they did not record any record."If it's alright to have doccumentaries show such graphic hanging and shooting photos,then it should be alright to show the alleged gassings,too.

code yellow
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby code yellow » 1 decade 5 years ago (Tue Jan 27, 2004 11:12 am)

:? OK,correct my statements if they are wrong,as they may well be ill informed,but I think there may be an actual argument to my question of why no gassing footage has been produced as apposed to other types of executions.Don't get me wrong,I'm not going to the dark side,I just want to eliminate any resonable doubt.I beleave the Geneva convention forbade the use of poisonous gasses in warfare,wich could possibly,although not definately,explain why no gassing footage exists.The footage you see of hangings and shootings,although portrayed usualy in standard holocaust documentaries as mass numbers of innocent civillians,are probably the executions of partisans.If I am correct,I beleave it was a matter of international law that the execution of non uniformed combatants was permitted.If I am incorrect in any of these statements,please let me know.

Goethe
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Goethe » 1 decade 5 years ago (Tue Jan 27, 2004 12:44 pm)

There is no gassing footage because there were no gassings. You know, they say it's the most 'documented event in history' (what documents?), but then say the evil Germans kept it all a secret.

Spartakus

Postby Spartakus » 1 decade 5 years ago (Tue Jan 27, 2004 2:24 pm)

Yes. I believe a warring power has the right to execute enemy troops, partisans, saboteurs etc. who are captured out of uniform. Skorzeny's American-clad troops were put up against the wall for this reason as were, if you'll recall, the German saboteurs that were caught on American soil. Germany was especially within its rights to execute in this way the partisans they caught on the Eastern Front, in Yugoslavia and in Italy. Finally, don't be misled into thinking that films of people dangling from ropes were necessarily executed by German troops. Many times these individuals were, in fact, strung up by the NKVD. During wartime, photos and films of dead bodies are extremely easy to come by and just as easy to blame on the Germans. The Allies even had the nerve to offer as proof of German brutalities film of piles of corpses being burned by German civil defense workers after the firebombing of Dresden.

Malle
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Malle » 1 decade 5 years ago (Tue Jan 27, 2004 9:45 pm)

Spartakus wrote:Yes. I believe a warring power has the right to execute enemy troops, partisans, saboteurs etc. who are captured out of uniform.

You have a great example here:

From LIFE magazine (June 11, 1945, p. 50) which appear at the end of a photo essay titled "FIRING SQUAD: Army executes three German spies who were caught in U.S. uniforms." The story appears on three pages — 47, 48, and 50. There are a total of nine, mutually-consistent photographs in the essay. The first paragraph of the story is:

During Nazi breakthrough at Bastogne last December the Germans managed to smuggle some of their intelligence officers behind U.S. lines. Three of these spies were captured, tried and shot. Last week the War Department released pictures on this and the following pages, taken by LIFE Photographer Johnny Florea, which show their speedy execution. (p. 47)

ImageImageImage

Source: http://www.ukar.org/24life.html
I must be a mushroom - because everyone keeps me in the dark and feeds me with lots of bullshit.

Turpitz
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Turpitz » 1 decade 5 years ago (Wed Jan 28, 2004 3:00 pm)

The last wish of those men, slaughtered at the pole. Was to hear the Christmas Carol 'Silent Night' one last time.

That photo should not be viewed without money-grubber Weisenthal's shitty little artifact that he scrawled alongside it. Typical of the industry to make money out of the dead by means of forgery.

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”