French War Crime Research Office

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
friedrich braun
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

French War Crime Research Office

Postby friedrich braun » 1 decade 6 years ago (Fri Jan 30, 2004 2:25 am)

In his "Auschwitz: The Dwindling Death Toll" Dr. Faurisson cites the figure 8,000,000 deaths at Auschwitz given by the French War Crime Research Office and the French War Crime Information Service) (1945). See, http://www.vho.org/tr/2003/1/Faurisson17-23.html

Source: Jacques Billiet, Director of the War Crime Information Service, Documents pour servir à l'histoire de la guerre / Camps de concentration (Documents to be used for the war's history/Concentration camps), Office français d'édition, 1945, p. 7 (J. Billiet himself) as well as p. 196 (Series of reports of the War Crime Search Office; these same reports evaluate at 26,000,000 the number of prisoners of war as well as of the political detainees having died in all the camps of Germany and of the occupied territories, p. 197). This work was written by Eugene Aroneanu.

However, I can find no independant statement of the "French War Crime Research Office", nor can I find even any reference to such an office anywhere. Can anyone indicate where I can find that figure?

Thank you.

friedrich braun
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby friedrich braun » 1 decade 6 years ago (Tue Feb 03, 2004 12:04 pm)

Dr. Faurisson has been kind enough to answer my question via email:

Camps de concentration (4e volume de la collection "Documents pour servir à l'histoire de la guerre"), Paris, Office français d'édition, 1945 [achevé d'imprimer du 15 novembre], 1945, 318 p. En cas de difficulté, voyez, à Paris, la Bibliothèque nationale de France ou le Secrétariat d'Etat aux Anciens Combattants et Victimes de Guerre. RF

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”