Caroline Sturdy Colls Smithsonian Special - Treblinka

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
User avatar
hermod
Valuable asset
Valuable asset
Posts: 2076
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:52 am

Re: Caroline Sturdy Colls Smithsonian Special - Treblinka

Postby hermod » 5 years 8 months ago (Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:09 pm)

Are data about the degradation of terracotta tiles through time somewhere to be found?
"But, however the world pretends to divide itself, there are ony two divisions in the world to-day - human beings and Germans. – Rudyard Kipling, The Morning Post (London), June 22, 1915

User avatar
Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset
Posts: 9914
Joined: Sun Nov 24, 2002 7:53 pm

Re: Caroline Sturdy Colls Smithsonian Special - Treblinka

Postby Hannover » 5 years 8 months ago (Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:59 pm)

hermod wrote:Are data about the degradation of terracotta tiles through time somewhere to be found?
Remember, this is buried terracotta tile (supposedly for ca. 70 years), not roofing tiles set in place with no degrading soil exposure.

- Hannover
If it can't happen as alleged, then it didn't.

User avatar
Kingfisher
Valuable asset
Valuable asset
Posts: 1673
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:55 pm

Re: Caroline Sturdy Colls Smithsonian Special - Treblinka

Postby Kingfisher » 5 years 8 months ago (Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:47 am)

Terra cotta is a pretty tough material. Check out the Wikipedia articles on Terra Cotta and Architectural Terra Cotta. It has been used for drains as well as tiles.

This one does look a bit on the clean side, but the soil in the Treblinka area is sandy, isn't it? They don't try to hide that the scene is staged: the Dutch archaeologist describes the tile before removing it from the ground, which he does with no effort or digging.

I don't see much mileage in this. The tile could well be genuine and if it is it doesn't prove much, despite the emotional and dramatic effect of the "Star of David", which is clearly debunked, though that debunking is unlikely to reach the public.

tyger
Member
Member
Posts: 65
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:32 am

Re: Caroline Sturdy Colls Smithsonian Special - Treblinka

Postby tyger » 5 years 8 months ago (Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:31 am)

Having watched a fair few archaeology-based tv programmes over the years I've never seen them tug an item of interest out of the ground in that manner. They are always careful to excavate around the piece.

As I have said before Ms Sturdy-Colls's team's excavation techniques do leave me wondering.

User avatar
Landulf
Member
Member
Posts: 111
Joined: Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:55 am

Re: Caroline Sturdy Colls Smithsonian Special - Treblinka

Postby Landulf » 5 years 8 months ago (Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:43 pm)

Tile or no tile, new or old. Star or no star. It proves nothing. If this is what they are pushing now then the breakthrough in public for revisionism is closer than you think. Remember the fall of the Berlin wall. I thought that it would stand for 100 year and the next day it was game over...

Nap
Member
Member
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:15 pm
Location: Italy.

Re: Caroline Sturdy Colls Smithsonian Special - Treblinka

Postby Nap » 5 years 8 months ago (Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:30 am)

hermod wrote:
Nap wrote:And shouldn't these things be blue?


Why should those tiles be blue? The Treblinka 'gas chambers' supposedly killed with carbon monoxide (engine exhaust), not with hydrogen cyanide (Zyklon B). No reason to find Prussian blue (iron cyanide) there. Even in theory...

Sorry, I did not study Treblinka yet.
Thanks.

User avatar
hermod
Valuable asset
Valuable asset
Posts: 2076
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:52 am

Re: Caroline Sturdy Colls Smithsonian Special - Treblinka

Postby hermod » 5 years 8 months ago (Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:37 am)

Nap wrote:
hermod wrote:
Nap wrote:And shouldn't these things be blue?


Why should those tiles be blue? The Treblinka 'gas chambers' supposedly killed with carbon monoxide (engine exhaust), not with hydrogen cyanide (Zyklon B). No reason to find Prussian blue (iron cyanide) there. Even in theory...

Sorry, I did not study Treblinka yet.
Thanks.


Don't be sorry. Nobody knows everything. Glad I could help a little.
"But, however the world pretends to divide itself, there are ony two divisions in the world to-day - human beings and Germans. – Rudyard Kipling, The Morning Post (London), June 22, 1915

User avatar
Kingfisher
Valuable asset
Valuable asset
Posts: 1673
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:55 pm

Re: Caroline Sturdy Colls Smithsonian Special - Treblinka

Postby Kingfisher » 5 years 8 months ago (Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:51 am)

hermod wrote:
SilenceIsALie2 wrote:these tiles should be far more degraded if they were actually buried in the wet soil of Eastern Europe for 70+ years going through the seasonal cycles.


Very probably. Terracotta would have absorbed large mounts of water and the tiles should have been pulverized when that water froze. Seems logical to me. I wonder if archeologists have already found big ancient terracotta artifacts in cold countries.


I think you are barking up the wrong tree here. As I showed in the links in my earlier post terra cotta can be very resistant. It is used for drains and 19th century buildings faced with it still retain their detail.

cold beer
Valued contributor
Valued contributor
Posts: 599
Joined: Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:48 pm

Re: Caroline Sturdy Colls Smithsonian Special - Treblinka

Postby cold beer » 5 years 8 months ago (Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:12 pm)

Kingfisher wrote:
hermod wrote:
SilenceIsALie2 wrote:these tiles should be far more degraded if they were actually buried in the wet soil of Eastern Europe for 70+ years going through the seasonal cycles.


Very probably. Terracotta would have absorbed large mounts of water and the tiles should have been pulverized when that water froze. Seems logical to me. I wonder if archeologists have already found big ancient terracotta artifacts in cold countries.


I think you are barking up the wrong tree here. As I showed in the links in my earlier post terra cotta can be very resistant. It is used for drains and 19th century buildings faced with it still retain their detail.


Propensity to crack and shatter

In colder climates, clay tiles have the tendency to crack or shatter due to freezing and thawing cycles. As a result, clay tiles are mostly found in warmer climates. Conversely, concrete tiles are not as susceptible to damage due to freezing temperatures, and therefore can be used in almost any climate.


http://www.roofercalculator.com/concrete-vs-clay-roof-tiles/

User avatar
Kingfisher
Valuable asset
Valuable asset
Posts: 1673
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:55 pm

Re: Caroline Sturdy Colls Smithsonian Special - Treblinka

Postby Kingfisher » 5 years 8 months ago (Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:11 pm)

I really can't see where this discussion is going. The tile proves nothing, even if it it is genuine. It's a tile and the star is a manufacturer's logo. Nothing "ghoulish", to quote the NBC site. It in no way supports the survivor stories. People entering the "gas chamber" wouldn't have been able to see the logo as it was on the underside. This is conceded by the research team. So, if they did in the first instance set it up, which I don't think they did, they have shot themselves in the foot.

User avatar
Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset
Posts: 9914
Joined: Sun Nov 24, 2002 7:53 pm

Re: Caroline Sturdy Colls Smithsonian Special - Treblinka

Postby Hannover » 5 years 8 months ago (Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:34 pm)

Kingfisher:

I'm in agreement. The age of the terracotta tile is really an unimportant distraction. I now agree it is small beer relative to the bigger picture.

Cheers, Hannover
If it can't happen as alleged, then it didn't.

cold beer
Valued contributor
Valued contributor
Posts: 599
Joined: Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:48 pm

Re: Caroline Sturdy Colls Smithsonian Special - Treblinka

Postby cold beer » 5 years 8 months ago (Wed Apr 02, 2014 6:41 pm)

I disagree, I think it's big in regard to exposing the lack of credibility.

User avatar
Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset
Posts: 9914
Joined: Sun Nov 24, 2002 7:53 pm

Re: Caroline Sturdy Colls Smithsonian Special - Treblinka

Postby Hannover » 5 years 8 months ago (Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:05 pm)

cold beer wrote:I disagree, I think it's big in regard to exposing the lack of credibility.
I completely understand your point as I earlier questioned the age of these tiles. However, the big picture would demand that The Believers present actual verifiable Jew body parts which they allege are there. Heretofore they cannot. We know why.

- Hannover
If it can't happen as alleged, then it didn't.

User avatar
hermod
Valuable asset
Valuable asset
Posts: 2076
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:52 am

Re: Caroline Sturdy Colls Smithsonian Special - Treblinka

Postby hermod » 5 years 8 months ago (Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:34 pm)

I disagree with you, Kingfisher and Hannover. Always good to have another "that cannot possibly be as exterminationists claim" argument in the revisionist armoury IMO. Exposing exterminationist frauds (if this one is another one) is not "an unimportant distraction". Exposing Jivaro shrunken heads, goat skin lamp shades and the forgery operated on the most iconic 'Holocaust' photo could look as unimportant distractions in the past, but all those 'details' now prove American propagandists were implementing a vast operation of atrocity propaganda in the last concentration camps of defeated Germany. I think it's not the last time we hear somebody claim Caroline Sturdy Colls found the Treblinka "gas chambers" and her tiles prove their existence.

Thank you for confirming my previous thought, cold beer. 8)

Image

http://www.itsnotworkitsgardening.com/2 ... uined.html
http://www.mcgregorsdaughter.com/2010/0 ... ts-in.html
"But, however the world pretends to divide itself, there are ony two divisions in the world to-day - human beings and Germans. – Rudyard Kipling, The Morning Post (London), June 22, 1915

cold beer
Valued contributor
Valued contributor
Posts: 599
Joined: Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:48 pm

Re: Caroline Sturdy Colls Smithsonian Special - Treblinka

Postby cold beer » 5 years 8 months ago (Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:22 pm)

Focus on the lies that can be disproved, then appropriate doubt will emerge when the public listens to completely unsubstantiated allegations

This is no small lie, this dig was run by a university professor and covered by major media outlets who forwarded themselves as trustworthy sources, telling the public that the German people exterminated hundreds of thousands of Jews at that site.

I live in the northeast and have never seen a single terracotta roof in this neck of the woods, for good reason.
They're trying to claim that what appear to be clay tiles survived numerous freeze/thaw cycles through 70 Polish winters!


Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: HMSendeavour and 7 guests