Where does orthodoxy currently stand on the 6M?

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
Kingfisher
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Where does orthodoxy currently stand on the 6M?

Postby Kingfisher » 5 years 8 months ago (Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:22 am)

Inspired by another current thread but I thought this deserved its own: where do orthodox historians currently stand on the 6M? I have the impression that they keep very quiet about it and that no one is asking them awkward questions. I presume no one has publicly said much about it, but is there any evidence as to what they think or say behind closed doors?

ivam

Re: Where does orthodoxy currently stand on the 6M?

Postby ivam » 5 years 8 months ago (Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:44 am)

i noticed that apparently the 6 million number stays the same, the reduction of 3 million in Auschwitz is not ignored but instead of 6 million jews they now say 6 million victims, filling the 3 million up with non jews

with you then say, well before it was only 6 million to begin with, where do you take the new 3 m from? they go, well its been 6m jews only no one counted the non jews, so all in all it was 9 million!!

bullshit.

spaceboy

Postby spaceboy » 5 years 8 months ago (Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:36 pm)

ivam wrote:i noticed that apparently the 6 million number stays the same, the reduction of 3 million in Auschwitz is not ignored but instead of 6 million jews they now say 6 million victims, filling the 3 million up with non jews

with you then say, well before it was only 6 million to begin with, where do you take the new 3 m from? they go, well its been 6m jews only no one counted the non jews, so all in all it was 9 million!!

bullshit.

How many reputable historians actually took the Soviet "4 million Auschwitz death toll" seriously even before the plaque was removed though? From my understanding, the 4 million death toll at Auschwitz wasn't a number most historians used in their calculations to conclude approximately 6 million Jews died.

I don't think this is necessarily an inconvenience for Revisionists though; it's simply another example of a falsehood that was spread by the Soviets (which even most mainstream historians didn't believe), thereby undermining Soviet credibility even more.

Hektor
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Hektor » 5 years 8 months ago (Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:24 pm)

spaceboy wrote:....
How many reputable historians actually took the Soviet "4 million Auschwitz death toll" seriously even before the plaque was removed though? From my understanding, the 4 million death toll at Auschwitz wasn't a number most historians used in their calculations to conclude approximately 6 million Jews died.

I don't think this is necessarily an inconvenience for Revisionists though; it's simply another example of a falsehood that was spread by the Soviets (which even most mainstream historians didn't believe), thereby undermining Soviet credibility even more.

How many "reputable historians" did publicly criticize the "4 million Auschwitz death toll", before the plaque was removed? With that figure you can easily calculate the answer to your question:
Historians taking the 4 million figure seriously = Number of Historians - Historians criticizing the 4 million figure

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”