What led to your interests in [holocaust] Revisionism?

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
David

What led to your interests in [holocaust] Revisionism?

Postby David » 1 decade 5 years ago (Wed Feb 25, 2004 9:19 am)

Greetings all!
As you know, I'm new to this site and a bit skeptical. Nonetheless I'd like to ask a question to those here:

What led to your interests in Historical Revisionism?
Thank you.
C'mon Germar be fair and post this at least!
David

Postby Moderator » 1 decade 5 years ago (Wed Feb 25, 2004 10:39 am)

This post originally contained 2 questions. I deleted one because it was beyond the scope of this Forum. As well, each thread should discuss one topic as stated in our guidelines. I also used David's question as the subject heading, his original subject was not indicative of his inquiry. :roll:

David,
If it bothers you that I edited your post, please reply and I'll remove it. You did seem most eager to have the question shown above presented to the Forum.

Please try to remember the guidelines.

Thanks, Moderator
Only lies need to be shielded from debate, truth welcomes it.

J William
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

re: What led to your interests in [holocaust] Revisionism?

Postby J William » 1 decade 5 years ago (Wed Feb 25, 2004 4:23 pm)

How did I get interested in WW2 revisionism?
I was another of the gullible citizens that took the history of WW2 to be as depicted by our media. The first item that got me wondering if I was privy to what really happened was talking to my daughter’s father-in-law about his experiences. He was a Jewish German before becoming an American. His family exited Germany for the USA via Portugal in August 1941. How could that be? We have been informed that Auschwitz was in operation for exterminating Jews by then. He was 17 years old in 1941. He was working in a machine shop. Germany was involved in a major war at that time and labor was needed for the war effort. A release from his employer was required so that he could exit the country. His boss said words to the effect that “you are a good worker, Appelbaum, I will sign the release. Good luck. The customs officer came to the family home to seal the baggage for the trip. The Officer asked why they weren’t taking some of their valuable silverware and other things. The answer was the items weren’t allowed to be taken. The Customs Officer said put them in the cases and he then sealed the baggage. Hardly hatred for Jews.
The next item that piqued my curiosity was story related to me by a cousin’s husband. We were discussing WW2 and he stated that he was a Prisoner-of-War held in Nebraska after capture by the USA. I asked him if he was repatriated as required by the Geneva Conventions. He said “not exactly”. He then related how he was, at war’s end, transported to New Jersey, put on a ship to France, turned over to the French. He was sentenced to 10 years slave labor in the mines. I asked when he was released and he said in 1951 but only because a Frenchman whose life he saved in the mines petitioned the government for an early release.

These experiences plus others got me wondering just what was the truth and from there I progressed to Revisionism.

Postby Moderator » 1 decade 5 years ago (Wed Feb 25, 2004 5:24 pm)

Remember everyone, keep you response centered on 'holocaust' Revisionism.

Thanks, Moderator
Only lies need to be shielded from debate, truth welcomes it.

rrohde

Postby rrohde » 1 decade 5 years ago (Wed Feb 25, 2004 7:20 pm)

This is my first post in this forum -- greetings to all!

My name is Rainer. I am a German citizen, living in the US for about 7 years now. In Germany I've never really doubted the Holocaust stories; WWII wasn't really that interesting to me.

But since I lived in the US, my interest in WWII and subsequently the so called Holocaust grew, mainly because of the many stereotypes I had to face as a German here. On my first day of work I was actually greeted with "Heil Hitler" and asked stupid questions on Jews and Nazis.

Of course, these things didn't go by unnoticed and I started to ask questions myself. Most people I talked seemed very, very undereducated in regards to WWII and sterotypes were spouted out wherever I went. The magical number "6 Millions" was also pretty much a standard number in many conversations I've had with americans.

Then I took it from there ( wondering what this was all about: For most Americans everything about WWII and German soldiers automatically was Nazi crimes and 6 Million Jews dead -- why? ) and started to read Revisionists' Internet sites.
Being sceptical by nature, common sense told me that such a high number (6 Million!) sounded very fishy, and Revisionists' Sites provided interesting evidence that I and my common sense were on the right track....

Since then I've read alot, met David Irving, read some more, convinced my American wife that 6 Millions really didn't die, etc, etc.

But the sad part is that my 11 year old stepdaughter now gets hit by the Hollowcause's propaganda already: The "Anne Frank" book was required reading in school -- and Germans were really made look bad!

That only tells me one thing: the next generation is growing up already primed to accept the "6 Million" lie. .... it's really time for a change -- thus my interest in Revisionism!

montague

Postby montague » 1 decade 5 years ago (Wed Feb 25, 2004 7:59 pm)

For me, it was reading Michael Hoffman II's 'Judaism's Strange Gods' - something unconnected to Revisionism.

Before I read that book, I admired Jews enormously and saw them as wonderful, wise, humanitarian, bookish people. I believed that their religion was Christianity without Jesus Christ. But, in Mr Hoffman's book, I read of all the horrible things the Talmud contained.

That got me thinking: if Jews (as a whole) were lying about their religion and how wonderful it was, maybe they were lying (as a whole) about Auschwitz? I never paid Revisionism any attention until then.

But, I think, even before that experience, I knew that something was wrong with the Auschwitz story. I own one book on the Holocaust which mentions that they had a brothel there, for the use of the Kapos. That struck me as plain weird. I couldn't imagine there being a brothel in a Soviet or Khmer Rouge death camp...

On top of that, I never saw a picture of the Auschwitz gas chamber. Lots of piles of hair, shoes, glasses, but never the thing which killed 4 million people.

In my subconscious, then, I knew a few things weren't right. I think everyone feels the same way, whether they are Revisionist or not. Revisionism takes those doubts and puts them into a concrete, scientific form.

Rupert.

8x57

Postby 8x57 » 1 decade 5 years ago (Sun Feb 29, 2004 9:30 pm)

I was introduced to revisionsim in 2000 when I was invited to the IHR conference in Orange County, California that year by another fan of historian David Irving. I went to hear Iriving speak. I'd been a reader and fan of his books since the 1970's and found them very enjoyable, well documented and well written.

None of Iriving's writings deal with the Holocaust per se, and I was very surprised when Holocaust issues seemed to dominate the conference, I was really shocked to learn that people in Europe are being jailed for political and historical dissent. Thereafter I have studied the Holocaust issue and have concluded that it's a political and financial fraud being used to suppress civil rights in Europe and Canada and that will be used to to the same in the USA.

There are two issues here: (1) the historical issue of WWII (what really happened) and (2) The civil rights issue involving our right to discuss what we think happened withough being jailed. I am not so much interested in the outcome of the Holocaust debate, as long as a debate is allowed to occur and people are allowed to reach their own conclusions regarding this issue as with regard to any other of the countless historical issues about which people discourse and debate.

Studying the revisionist phenomenon has really awakened me to the important role that Jewish power plays, both historically and contemporaneously. Jewish political influence was a substantial contributing factor to bringing on WWII and to the continuing conflict that has occured thereafter.

One of the reasons controversy about WWII continues a half century after the end of the war, is that the conflicts giving rise to that war, Judiasm vs. Western Civilization, have not been resolved. At one level WWII was a war between the Allies and Germany. At another level, WWII was a battle between International Jewry and Western Civilization. Unfortunately, Western Civilization lost, is mortally wounded and is in its death throes, waiting for the coup de grace. I fear there is not much time left.

Haldan
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Haldan » 1 decade 5 years ago (Thu Jul 01, 2004 12:36 pm)

I was so tired of one-sided books which offers nothing more than mere propaganda [ie. Judeo-Supremacist websites]

That is why I ventured in the revisionist world, for answers.
<?php if ($Holocaust == false ) {deny_repeatedly(); } else { investigate(); } ?>
Homage to Catalin Haldan

Juan
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Juan » 1 decade 5 years ago (Thu Jul 01, 2004 12:54 pm)

Why?

Because it always seemed strange for me the specially emotional and subtly irrational reporting of the "facts". And was bored to death of hearing about the Holo-thing about every other day.

Because, I have to admit it, my family was pro-Duce in Italy and I had some chance to share the feelings and the views of the "other side".

Because with the "operation Grapes of Fury" of the israeli army (that is, bombing Lebanese civilians as a retaliation for Hizbullah actions) at mid-90s I realized that something wasn't OK with the world. I used to admire the israeli army and was very influenced by Hollywood anti-arab bias.

Finally, thanks to the incredible work of George Bush Jr. opening the eyes of the world by shock therapy, I realized that indeed something smells rotten and looks rotten, so it has to be rotten.

That's it.

The wonderer

Postby The wonderer » 1 decade 5 years ago (Thu Jul 01, 2004 2:11 pm)

Hello, first post also, Scottish, mid thirties, suspicions about david icke(reptiles) first got me questioning, the messageboard I frequented had folks talking about the world being run by reptiles, and going on about the Illuminati, but flatly refusing to mention the jewish influence on almost everything. So I started to delve a little deeper,had been on IHR,but read that the guy in charge was a bit suspect, found this site thru wrh, have read every post, its just so fascinating. A mean,thanks to you guys, everything gets questioned, you start to see a pattern in the beleivers responces,does,nt seem to matter what they are talking about,basicallly, they lie. And I cant stand liars,got a thing about it, especially when my sympathies have been extended to them (holocaust,which I got in school religiously, Schindlers list), anaway,its good to get my first post in,sorry if I broke guidelines...

Temporary on hold

Postby Temporary on hold » 1 decade 5 years ago (Thu Jul 01, 2004 2:22 pm)

When I first heard someone speak of revisionism I thought they had lost their marbles. I was shocked. Having been schooled in America on the usual WWII story I pretty much couldn't believe anyone would question it.

I then read Gauss' Dissecting The Holocaust in order to see the revisionists' argument. As it turned out there was much more forced propaganda and fabricated tales that were brought right into concrete history as fact without any kind of normal scrutiny than I realized.

To be honest, I thought Gauss was perhaps a little insensitive to the plight of innocent civilians who were rounded up and ended up in the camps. After all, they were victims by that alone. OK.

But to get back to the political/historical case of WWII (or "Holocaust") history and its application I was curious to see if false or exaggerated claims against Germany were being used towards purely political ends - especially Zionism.

A perfect example would be the modern day case of the WMD's. This is a plainly visible case of false claims being used by a government to force a political end. If I were to access public audience and claim the WMD's were a false and contrived excuse used to acheive a political result today I would be booed, forced down, and eventually buried. I'm afraid this same thing is already happening with proven WWII falsehoods.

What kept me interested in revisionism was the fact that the "believer" side really couldn't provide adequate answers for proven revisionist claims. Their ad hominem knee-jerk reactions and name calling struck me as signs of veracity for revisionsim. If you look at this site you will see it isn't very popular with holocaust supporters. That is true on other sites too when the topic emerges. In fact, right now, the foremost draw for pursuing this subject is the almost universally invalid response, pocked with inconsistencies and bogus evidence, provided by holocaust promoters.

This includes those who pose themselves as the very best authorities on the subject (see my thoughts on van Pelt's Dr. Green). War is a bad time. After governments force their citizens to fight and die truth becomes very malleable. The war phase isn't prone to thorough inspection of truth in propaganda. History truly is written by the victors.

Just look at the inability of holocaust supporters to answer direct questions in this or any other revisionist forum...

FW

Postby FW » 1 decade 5 years ago (Thu Jul 01, 2004 4:06 pm)

For me it was a lucky accident. I had already read Finkelstein's Holocaust Industry when it came out and the effect of that book was to fill me with disgust at the way people could cynically use the "deaths" of millions to further the aims of a viscious ethno-supremacist state and extort billions from whomever they could. Yet I still believed in the holocaust story . . .

But the turn came quite by accident. I was researching something unrelated and part of this entailed a close look at the Nuremberg trials. Well, what a shock I got there! It became immediately clear that I was looking at a kangaroo court, a formalised lynch mob. I knew this was not right and that nothing good can come of such a travesty, so of course one thing led to another and, well, here I am!

holographic
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby holographic » 1 decade 5 years ago (Thu Jul 01, 2004 5:16 pm)

I guess it would have to be the syndicated TV show "Hogans Heroes". It always struck me peculiar that Werner Klemperer who portrayed the bumbling Col. Klink was content to don a Nazi uniform and make it funny. The bitter irony is that Klemperer was Jewish. I thought that there must be more to the story. The Germans were portrayed as such efficient idiots that there would be no way for them to pull off a conspiracy of such magnitude. You have to remember that my interest in Revisionism began
when I was 12, I'm now 40.

"As the head of govt., Hitler operated by instinct rather than analysis. Since he disdained orderly work procedures and his ministers found it difficult to gain access to him, policy making occurred in fits and starts. Anything consistent with flashes of frenetic activity thrived; anything requiring sustained effort tended to languish."
- Henry Kissinger, Diplomacy, 1994, p.289

"Hogannnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Last edited by holographic on Thu Jul 01, 2004 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hyman

Re: What led to your interests in [holocaust] Revisionism?

Postby Hyman » 1 decade 5 years ago (Thu Jul 01, 2004 5:39 pm)

The phenomenon described in the below quotation by Joseph Sobran is what prompted me to investigate big H revisionism:

Most of us don't doubt that Napoleon invaded Russia, but we don't lose sleep over anyone who denies it. In fact we might start wondering about whether it really happened, not if a few eccentrics denied it, but if they were fiercely persecuted for doing so. Our curiosity would be piqued by the very fact that someone in power felt so threatened by doubt as to outlaw debate.

Juan
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby Juan » 1 decade 5 years ago (Thu Jul 01, 2004 6:08 pm)

holographic wrote:"As the head of govt., Hitler operated by instinct rather than analysis. Since he disdained orderly work procedures and his ministers found it difficult to gain access to him, policy making occurred in fits and starts. Anything consistent with flashes of frenetic activity thrived; anything requiring sustained effort tended to languish."
- Henry Kissinger, Diplomacy, 1994, p.289

Wow, similarity to what Bush Jr. actually does is merely coincidence!

Sorry for straying off topic, but I couldn't resist.

How do you think this analisys could be made consistent with a so-called jewish mass murder conspiracy? No way. Kissinger may be a nazi, antisemite, holocaust denier inside the closet!

Oh, he's jewish? oops.

Juan

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”