mainstream attack on Elie Wiesel

Read and post various viewpoints or search our large archives.

Moderator: Moderator

Forum rules
Be sure to read the Rules/guidelines before you post!
Hannover
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

mainstream attack on Elie Wiesel

Postby Hannover » 4 years 11 months ago (Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:10 am)

While the bizarre standard 'holocaust' storyline remains generally untouched in the piece cited below, we do see some Revisionist leanings, or perhaps yearnings.

Witch doctor & 'holocaust' mystic Elie Wiesel is taken to task for his support of racist apartheid Israel, while at the same time some of his written nonsense is exposed as fraudulent, as has been done repeatedly at this forum.
You can also read some nutty 'holocaust' gems uttered by the likes of Raul Hilberg.

Clearly the ship Auschwitz is taking on water, now thanks to a more mainstream media source.
Note, you can also post comments.

full text here:
http://www.unz.com/acockburn/truth-and- ... ent-750455
Truth and Fiction in Elie Wiesel’s “Night”
A Moral Fabulist
By Alexander Cockburn

excerpts:
Though Wiesel offers himself as a paragon of moral virtue, the truth is somewhat seamier. As detailed in this myth-shattering piece by Alexander Cockburn from the February 2006 print edition of CounterPunch, Wiesel assiduously campaigned for the Nobel Prize and has for decades tried to pass off his short book “Night” as a true account–a “testimony” in his words– of his experiences at Auschwitz, even though key scenes in the book have been exposed as fiction.

Nonetheless, over the next few days there were articles in the Jewish Forward and in the New York Times, also a piece on NPR, saying that Night should not be taken as unvarnished documentary. In the Forwardarticle, published January 20, challengingly titled “Six Million Little Pieces?”, Joshua Cohen reminded Forward readers that in 1996, Naomi Seidman, a Jewish Studies professor at the Graduate Theological Union in Berkeley, California, had compared the original 1956 Yiddish version of the book with the subsequent, drastically edited translation.

This reverent tone about Wiesel and his work is customary. People mostly write about him and his work with the muted awe of British tourists reading guidebooks to each other in a French cathedral.

I asked Hilberg what accounts of the death camps and the Holocaust did he admire most. “That really depends on the reader. I don’t have that kind of favorite. For my purposes, obviously they have to be correct. There’s an account by Filip Mueller, who was on the gas chamber detail in Auschwitz in 1942, written in collaboration with two people:Eyewitness Auschwitz. It has to be read with care. Another book is Rudolf Vrba’s I Cannot Forgive, written with Alan Bestic. Vrba escaped from Auschwitz. He became professor of pharmacology at the University of British Columbia. This is the most remarkable of survivors, a man of absolutely incredible energy and abilities. In sheer ability to cope with the situation, this man is beyond belief.”

The 'holocaust' storyline is one of the most easily debunked narratives ever contrived. That is why those who question it are arrested and persecuted. That is why violent, racist, & privileged Jewish supremacists demand censorship. Truth needs no protection from scrutiny.
The tide is turning.

- Hannover
If it can't happen as alleged, then it didn't.

Mulegino1
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Re: mainstream attack on Elie Wiesel

Postby Mulegino1 » 4 years 11 months ago (Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:56 pm)

Hannover wrote:While the bizarre standard 'holocaust' storyline remains generally untouched in the piece cited below, we do see some Revisionist leanings, or perhaps yearnings.

Witch doctor & 'holocaust' mystic Elie Wiesel is taken to task for his support of racist apartheid Israel, while at the same time some of his written nonsense is exposed as fraudulent, as has been done repeatedly at this forum.
You can also read some nutty 'holocaust' gems uttered by the likes of Raul Hilberg.

Clearly the ship Auschwitz is taking on water, now thanks to a more mainstream media source.
Note, you can also post comments.

full text here:
http://www.unz.com/acockburn/truth-and- ... ent-750455
Truth and Fiction in Elie Wiesel’s “Night”
A Moral Fabulist
By Alexander Cockburn

excerpts:
Though Wiesel offers himself as a paragon of moral virtue, the truth is somewhat seamier. As detailed in this myth-shattering piece by Alexander Cockburn from the February 2006 print edition of CounterPunch, Wiesel assiduously campaigned for the Nobel Prize and has for decades tried to pass off his short book “Night” as a true account–a “testimony” in his words– of his experiences at Auschwitz, even though key scenes in the book have been exposed as fiction.

Nonetheless, over the next few days there were articles in the Jewish Forward and in the New York Times, also a piece on NPR, saying that Night should not be taken as unvarnished documentary. In the Forwardarticle, published January 20, challengingly titled “Six Million Little Pieces?”, Joshua Cohen reminded Forward readers that in 1996, Naomi Seidman, a Jewish Studies professor at the Graduate Theological Union in Berkeley, California, had compared the original 1956 Yiddish version of the book with the subsequent, drastically edited translation.

This reverent tone about Wiesel and his work is customary. People mostly write about him and his work with the muted awe of British tourists reading guidebooks to each other in a French cathedral.

I asked Hilberg what accounts of the death camps and the Holocaust did he admire most. “That really depends on the reader. I don’t have that kind of favorite. For my purposes, obviously they have to be correct. There’s an account by Filip Mueller, who was on the gas chamber detail in Auschwitz in 1942, written in collaboration with two people:Eyewitness Auschwitz. It has to be read with care. Another book is Rudolf Vrba’s I Cannot Forgive, written with Alan Bestic. Vrba escaped from Auschwitz. He became professor of pharmacology at the University of British Columbia. This is the most remarkable of survivors, a man of absolutely incredible energy and abilities. In sheer ability to cope with the situation, this man is beyond belief.”

The 'holocaust' storyline is one of the most easily debunked narratives ever contrived. That is why those who question it are arrested and persecuted. That is why violent, racist, & privileged Jewish supremacists demand censorship. Truth needs no protection from scrutiny.
The tide is turning.

- Hannover

I linked to the article and the comments are all revisionist or skeptical of the man whom Christopher Hitchens called a "contemptible wind bag and poseur":

9 Comments to "Truth and Fiction in Elie Wiesel’s “Night”"

Vendetta says:
October 22, 2014 at 9:27 pm GMT
John Dolan’s takedown of Frey in The eXile is a classic – called A Million Little Pieces out as a lie long before Smoking Gun took it apart.

eah says:
October 24, 2014 at 11:01 am GMT
I think it’s pretty clear that it’s mostly fiction. And that he has no Auschwitz tattoo, although he has consistently claimed that he has one: Where’s the tattoo?

KA says:
October 24, 2014 at 12:24 pm GMT
Kind of an intellectual Maddoff but saved by the ethnic love while later was destroyed by the ethnic anger.

Svigor says:
October 24, 2014 at 3:49 pm GMT
I’ve read a few “eye-witness accounts of the Holocaust.” Not so much the famous kind, but the kind that get paraded around American high schools and such by survivors. The thing that always strikes me is the amount of knowledge that suffuses the accounts. Most people, in the middle of a war, don’t know who everyone is, where they’re going, and most importantly, their intentions. They’re confused. There’s even a term for it, “the fog of war.”

Jewish survivors of the Holocaust seem immune to the fog of war, if their accounts are any guide. It’s almost as if they were able to travel to the late 20th century from the 1940s, read a lot of books about history – the Holocaust in particular, and then travel back to where they were in the 1940s and understand everything that was going on with the benefit of hindsight. John Stewart might call it “truthiness.”

(And the World Remained Silent)

Yes, the world was silent with carpet-bombing, millions of artillery shells flying about, millions of people being killed, armies marching all over Europe, etc.

the book’s intent is to engage not the undeniability of the Holocaust

What do we call “undeniable” history? Does its “undeniability” shift it from history, to myth?

SolontoCroesus says:
October 27, 2014 at 3:05 pm GMT
yawn.

Wake me when someone writes about all of the Jews who were incinerated by Allied firebombing in Berlin, Hamburg, Dresden, Freiburg, Leipzig, Darmstadt or the other 125 German cities that the Allies firebombed, with the premeditated intent of killing working-class German civilians.

How many Jews died in Allied firebombing of Germany?

A document authored by Rafael Medoff at the Wyman Institute but no longer on its website recounts a meeting of the Jewish committee in Tel Aviv chaired by David Ben Gurion. The Committee was considering whether they should increase pressure on the US and Allies to bomb Auschwitz. On June 11, 1944, the Committee stated that it was their belief that “Auschwitz is a labor camp,” and that they did not wish to take responsibility for the death by bombing of “a single Jewish soul.”

According to a US Department of the Interior Historic American Engineering Record ( HAER) http://lcweb2.loc.gov/master/pnp/habsha ... 68data.pdf ), US Air Force plans to destroy Germany and German civilians were so thorough that in the “German Village” mock-up used to develop the “most efficient” means of producing a firestorm, cribs were placed in the bedrooms of typical apartments, “reflective of a young family with an infant.”

The same HAER doc names Erich Mendelsohn, “the Jewish architect,” and other Jewish architects from Harvard, as designers of the buildings and interiors at German Village.

Wannsee indeed.

SolontoCroesus says:
October 27, 2014 at 3:11 pm GMT
@Svigor

Ever notice how few “eyewitness” accounts there are of survivors of the Allied firebombing of German and Japanese cities?

Likely that is because there are so few survivors of those premeditated crimes against humanity committed by the Allies.

josh says:
October 28, 2014 at 3:29 am GMT
the holocaust is fake as we all know.

Hannover says: • Website
October 28, 2014 at 1:02 pm GMT
There are the ‘Nazis’ with the mythological ’6M & gas chambers’ and there are the ‘Nazis’ without the mythological ’6M & gas chambers’.

The ‘holocaust’ propaganda is easily debunked, is impossible as alleged.
http://www.codoh.com
discussion here:
http://forum.codoh.com/

Who Profits?

Elie Wiesel says:
October 28, 2014 at 4:44 pm GMT
“Near the end of the war he endured a death march to Theresienstadt in Moravia,”

Theresienstadt (Czech: Terezín) isn’t in Moravia, but in the Ústí nad Labem Region, in northern Czech Republic.

It’s in the area once called: Bohemia.

:cheers:

The factual debate is effectively over, and the cat out of the bag.

The turning tide is swamping the myth!

Carto's Cutlass Supreme
Valuable asset
Valuable asset

Postby Carto's Cutlass Supreme » 4 years 11 months ago (Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:39 pm)

I got confused, thinking this article was recently written, but now I see it says it's a reprint a couple paragraphs down. Cockburn died 2 years ago. (I believe Cockburn was a key writer in exposing the Nurse Nahirah babies pulled off life support story in 1991.)

It's a long article using Hilberg as pinnacle of ethics and scholarliness, and doesn't point out the more poignant stuff holocaust deniers point out, about Night. But the point about the 3 people being hanged at Monowitz (if it did happen) and Wiesel's changes to the story, are interesting.

I wonder if Cockburn was a crypto-revisionist, because I'd stumbled upon his articles in the last 7 years of his life and they sometimes struck me as written by someone who knew.

truth
Valued contributor
Valued contributor

Postby truth » 4 years 11 months ago (Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:03 pm)

The most funny thing is that this man is supposed to be a saint

Nicholas Ennos

Postby Nicholas Ennos » 1 year 8 months ago (Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:31 pm)

Elie Wiesel has an entry card to France issued by the Yugoslavian Embassy in Paris in 1954. This can be seen on the internet. So he must have been a Yugoslavian citizen. He always spoke English with a very strong Serbian accent and he was used as a US envoy during the Yugoslavian wars. Miklos Gruner confirmed that Wiesel spoke neither Hungarian nor Yiddish and it can be seen in the video "Elie Wiesel Goes Home" that he could only speak a few words of broken Hungarian. His appearance and facial structure is more that of a Serb than of a Jewish person. Combined with his lack of Yiddish, this suggests that he was not originally a Jew. To reveal his real identity it would be necessary to track down his entry card to France and how it came to appear on the internet. The part of the card that would show his real name is cut off on the photo of it on the internet.

Return to “'Holocaust' Debate / Controversies / Comments / News”